The Commerce Club Reviews

43 | Greenville, SC

43 Reviews for The Commerce Club

John · Married on 12/21/2013

This was by far the best event I have seen the Commerce Club undertake. Crystal Moorhouse was indespensible with her knowledge of trusted people, such as the DJ and florist. She took the initiative to decorate the club in a manner not previously seen and it turned out spectacular. She acted as wedding planner as well as keeping everyone on time, but making sure the bridal party as well as the guests were relaxed and having a great time. Food was outstanding and the service was above expections. Well done and many kudos!!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Mary · Married on 09/07/2013

We are so thankful we decided to have our reception at The Commerce Club! Crystal was extremely helpful when planning our event, and definitely put me at ease about our reception. Everything went smoothly, and three months later, our guests are still talking about how perfect the club was: the beautiful view, the delicious food, and the great time! I would highly recommend The Commerce Club!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Jill · Married on 05/19/2013

We hosted our son's rehearsal dinner at the Commerce Club in Jan 2015 in the smaller of the ballrooms that looks out over downtown Greenville. We had 57 people, and it was perfect! Crystal, Kevin, and Duke were wonderful to work with. The food was fabulous! I cannot say enough about what a great experience we had at the Club!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Carolyn · Married on 03/22/2013

Our rehearsal dinner was wonderful. The food was excellent, the decorations were beautiful, the service was beyond great,. The atmosphere was friendly, welcoming, and classy. So many of the guests commented on how great the food was and I was so happy with the overall event and very proud to have hosted it.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/20/2012

The Commerce Club was the most fantastic location for our wedding. Crystal Moorhouse, the private event planner, and the entire staff were so wonderful to work with. From the minute we showed interest they were available anytime we needed them through email or in person. They allowed us to look at the venue as much as we needed to make decisions. Crystal also recommended other vendors who we used and loved working with. Not only were Crystal and her staff amazing... the location is incredible. Our wedding was in late October. The view from the ceremony room and the reception were beautiful.(Mountains on one side, Downtown Greenville on the other.. and the beautiful falls leaves were changing colors ) Many people who attended commented that it was "magical" because of all the windows and the beautiful sunset in the background. I love the fact that we could have our ceremony and reception in the same location but in different rooms. All guests had to do was walk a few steps and they were ready to party after the ceremony. I was not able to eat, but my husband and guests said it was some of the best food they had had. As a bride, I felt like Crystal and her staff had everything handled and I did not worry about anything all day long. I was truly relaxed and enjoyed the day because of all their hard work. I highly recommend The Commerce Club for a wedding or any event. They do it right and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2008

Our food was great! The reception was beautiful. This is a lovely place to have a wedding reception.

Sent on 12/01/2008

The staff of The Commerce Club were amazing. They met all our requests in a very timely manner. We planned our wedding super fast and they were so helpful with planning, food, alcohol options etc. The venue is gorgeous and even more beautiful with all the Holiday decorations. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 01/02/2015

Cherise · Married on 01/04/2014

A beautiful and wonderful venue! Our guests had a great time and the view was a big hit! The Commerce Club is easy to work with, professional, and has amazing food! They answered all of our questions throughout the process in a timely manner and were flexible with the details. During the event the staff was very helpful- there was not a need that went unmet!

Sent on 01/29/2014

Anya · Married on 10/15/2016

The Commerce club is an amazing venue. It's beautiful and such a better value than many of the other venues around. If you're a member you get discounts on the venue as well so its an amazing value for that as well. Julia Bankert is the best...we were working with a tight budget and she made sure that we were happy at the end. I don't think my wedding would have gone as smoothly if we had chosen another venue.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Julie · Married on 10/08/2016

What a perfect place for a wedding reception! The setting is beautiful, the food delicious, and the staff extremely helpful. Choosing to have my daughter's reception here made everything so much easier. They take care of the menu, table decorations, room set-up, and clean-up. Julia was such an easy person to work with.

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 08/08/2015

The Commerce Club was wonderful to work with as our reception venue. Being from out of state originally, I knew I did not want an empty venue to have to rent tables, chairs, etc. We could not have asked for an easier, more beautiful venue! They were always professional, quick to respond to all my questions and concerns, and made planning an absolutely gorgeous reception so easy! All of our guests commented on our beautiful it all was set up, how kind and helpful the staff was, and how great the food was. I dropped off several decorations the day before and never had to think twice on the wedding day about anything that was going on prior to us walking in for the reception. They handled all the vendors coming to set up as well as set out all the decorations exactly as we wanted. We had an afternoon reception and the view of the mountains and downtown was breathtaking. I would not have changed a thing about our perfect day! Thank you, Commerce Club for our dream reception!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Megan · Married on 03/28/2015

Amazing venue. The views of the city are beautiful and The Commerce Club really worked hard to bring my vision to light. We were so impressed how it all came together in the end. Our guests are still talking about our wedding! Thank you so much to Kevin and his team!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Emily · Married on 04/02/2016

The Commerce Club was a great choice for our wedding! We held the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception there and it worked out beautifully. Julia and her team worked with us on the menu, making adjustments based on food preferences and budget. They were able to accommodate us for the rehearsal the day before, even though we used the dining room for the ceremony. On Saturday, we had the whole Club the entire day (b/c we met the minimum spending threshold). My ladies and I were able to get in early to start hair and make-up. Julia held a room for us, which became our staging area for the day (starting on Friday). Vendors were able to arrive as they needed for deliveries or to set up on Saturday. Our only hiccup was the food tasting for the reception. We felt it was thrown together in a hap-hazard way. Entrees didn't have the right sauces, sides were missing toppings, etc. We let Julia know about a week afterwards and she immediately offered to make things right. She ended up treating us to dinner at the Club (vs. re-doing the tasting) because we were happy with the food choices and we wanted a chance to come take pictures at the Club before the wedding. Ultimately, the entire event was beautiful as well as very easy to manage logistically for us and our guests. There was ample parking and an easy flow between ceremony, cocktails, and the reception. The gorgeous view over Paris Mountain and Downtown Greenville didn't hurt either!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Susan · Married on 08/31/2013

Beautiful venue. Great food. Very flexible to work with.

Sent on 11/30/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2013

I can't imagine a more beautiful event! I enjoyed going in to my reception knowing I didn't need to worry about a thing. They handled everything perfectly!

Sent on 12/01/2013

3.5

The reception was beautiful but there were some major things that simply can be corrected for the next bride and groom to make the experience much better!

When we arrived at the reception, we did not have clear instructions on where to go or were not met by anyone from the staff to tell us our next steps so we waited in the lobby for a while on someone to greet us thinking we would be told where to go and what was expected of us right when we arrived.

We also were not told that we needed to provide the names of bridesmaids/groomsmen to the coordinator for the main introduction so as we arrived the coordinator looked at us and asked where the list was? I wasn't sure what she was talking about she then said it was our responsibility to provide the list, yet we had no idea and were scrambling to find a piece of paper to write the names down so the band could introduce everyone. As the coordinator watched and waited on us to finish she did not take it upon herself to get the task done but looked at us scrambling around the place trying to find a piece of paper and having our guests see us.

We also were told that we would have a plate saved for us and would be taken aside so we would eat , unfortunately that did not happen. I was disappointed about that.

These simple things can easily be corrected if communicated to us prior to the reception. When planning a wedding it's hard to cover all the little details as a bride and groom which is why the coordinator is there to help tell you what is needed on that end. Again, simple fix to make the reception flawless.

Sent on 11/12/2013

3.2
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0

Stick to planning your corporate lunch here not your special day! Difficult layout for over 200 people. Management did not disclose additional events that were going on with same start times ( another wedding reception in the room right next to ours) Typical cookie cutter venue more concerned with making money and signing contracts then assuring your special day truly is special. I will always regret my decision to have my reception at CC.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Kathryn · Married on 01/30/2016

3.0
      1.5
      1.5

The service from employees was incredible, BUT the actual event had lots of issues. They ran out of food AND alcohol even though our headcount was LESS than what I submitted for my final number. Our main dish was chicken and waffles, and they ran out of waffle mix in less than 45 minutes. None of the wedding party or family members who stayed for pictures got any. They ran out of Champagne with an hour left in the event. Plus, our wedding cake was supposed to be a tree of chocolate covered strawberries, and they just had them on a plate. They were picked over by the time "the cutting of the cake" happened. Honestly, what upset me the most was they didn't express true sympathy for their errors for this once in a lifetime event. I would definitely proceed with caution when booking this venue.

Sent on 09/16/2016

The Commerce Club's reply:

Thank you for your review. I appreciated your feedback when we discussed your wedding reception on the phone in January. My food and beverage team has since met to ensure that the issues we discussed will not happen again. I was so sorry to hear that you weren't happy, because I truly understand the importance of your wedding day and my team strives to make weddings an amazing day for each of our couples. I would welcome another call to further discuss!