The Club Continental Reviews

The Club Continental 6
The Club Continental 7

Taylor · Married on 10/25/2018

Absolutely Perfect Venue and Staff

We booked the Elopement Package Club Continental offers and it was absolutely PERFECT. The package included the ceremony, an officiant, a stay in the River Suites, a delicious 3 course meal for the bride and groom, flowers, and a cake for such an amazing price. Carla made sure everything was perfect for our day. She even went above and beyond and set up a ceremony space both inside and outside because the weather was being iffy. Carla responded to every email I sent (there were so many) very promptly and made sure that my day was perfect! I could not be happier with how everything turned out! Club Continental is the perfect venue and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure you're happy!

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2018

It was a pleasure working with Carla and the team. Very happy with the outcome.

Holly · Married on 09/22/2018

When I was looking for a venue I narrowed it down to three with Club Continental being one of the top three choices. I cannot begin to say how pleased I am that I chose Club Continental as my final choice. The service was impeccable from beginning to end. Carla was a dream to work with and was such a professional. So many of my guests commented that they thought it was a magical wedding. Carla timed the ceremony right at sunset, which was just beautiful. The beauty of the landscape was the perfect backdrop for amazing photographs. I cannot say enough about the service of the staff who worked so hard to make everyone happy. No one ever had to ask for anything. The cleaning staff was ready and willing to get anything I needed for my room and had such a joyful and positive attitude. The bartenders joked and laughed with my guests. We had karaoke at the pub after the wedding and Kelly was awesome to work with. My room was incredible which overlooked the ceremony area and the St. John's river. I had to breathe everything in. It was the most perfect day and it was due to Club Continental. THANK YOU to everyone who had a part in making the day amazing and who work at Club Continental. I would definitely recommend Club Continental to anyone even thinking about this venue for their pending nuptials.

The Club Continental 8
    The Club Continental 9
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 09/15/2018

Gorgeous venue, amazing staff and food was delicious!

We booked The Club Continental because of its gorgeous view of the river and the vintage romantic vibe of the mansion. Carla was super helpful and flexible with us in figuring out the menu, bar menu, and decor. Day of manager, I believe his name was Dale, the nicest and helpful man. He helped my mom set up decor and clean up, he kept us on time and packed us the ultimate bread basket of food at the end of the night. My husband and I both look back and remember our night as the happiest day, we have no negative moments at all when it comes to this venue and the staff.

The Club Continental 10
    The Club Continental 11

Cara · Married on 09/08/2018

The food was amazing, everyone loved it, including the kiddos. The staff was available and always had an answer for any problem. We loved every minute!!!

The Club Continental 12

Kelsey · Married on 08/05/2018

Club Continental truly made our wedding a dream come true. Carla and her staff were absolutely amazing. They were very accommodating to all of our requests. Definitely has the best bar package around. We cannot thank Clib Continental enough for everything they did for us. We will definitely be back for our anniversary.

The Club Continental 13
    The Club Continental 14
    The Club Continental 15
    The Club Continental 16
    The Club Continental 17
    The Club Continental 18

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything was beyond perfect! The staff was so friendly and helpful!

Haley · Married on 07/14/2018

Great venue! Lovely location & awesome staff! They go above & beyond.

• O

Owen · Married on 06/09/2018

The Club Continental was a perfect setting for our wedding reception held on Saturday June 9, 2018 from 12:00 noon until 4:00PM. We could not have been more pleased. The food was excellent, economical, and the service was great. Plenty of quality room inside for all activities and the outside setting on the river is beautiful for Photos. Everybody had a great time.

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2018

Carla was extremely helpful and responded back immediately to all of my calls and emails

Kim · Married on 05/27/2018

The Club Continental was the best decision we made for my daughter's wedding! The location was gorgeous. There were more picturesque spots for bridal photos than you could ever need. All of our guests truly enjoyed spending the weekend onsite of the wedding and loved the beautiful rooms. The staff at The Club Continental went above & beyond to accommodate us for both our stay and for the wedding events. Tropical Storm Alberto decided to attend the wedding day and the staff at the club were great to help us make last minute changes when the ceremony had to be moved inside at the last minute.
    The food at the wedding was fantastic and we had many wedding guests share with us how much they enjoyed it. I highly recommend The Club Continental to anyone looking for a wedding venue. They do not disappoint!

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2018

This venue is incredible, it has a beautiful scenery on the river, with garden surroundings and an old antique look that is amazing in pictures. The staff are super helpful and friendly and it is one of the more affordable venues compared to other nearby in Jacksonville. It's definitely a unique place and your guests will love using the outdoor space. We had about 165 guests and it was great. We had to seat people inside and outside to fit everything but it turned out perfect and Carla was great to work with and very flexible with our needs. I definitely recommend.

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2018

Club Continental was absolutely the most perfect place to get married. Between the natural greenery, the beautiful historic vibe, the river and the large trees, you could actually do nothing and still have a beautiful wedding. The event coordinator really worked hard to make sure all of my questions were answered in a timely manner and to make accommodations until I was completely satisfied. I chose the buffet and all of the food was amazing. I couldn't be happier with my choice, it was worth every penny!

Caitlin · Married on 04/06/2018

Planning a wedding all the way from California had us extremely nervous. Carla and the rest of the staff at The Club Continental went above and beyond with helping us have a wonderful and stress free experience. Our guests will not stop talking about the food and overall beauty of the venue.

• ET

Beth · Married on 03/29/2018

We loved our wedding at the Club Continental! We live about 2 hours away from the Club, and knew it would be a challenge to plan things from afar, but after touring the venue in person, we were smitten and decided it would be worth the extra effort. The venue coordinator, Carla, is awesome and so responsive. She made the whole experience so much easier, and I knew going into our wedding day that every little detail we'd discussed would be covered.

On the actual wedding day, we, along with our families, got ready in some of the onsite rooms/suites. It was wonderful to just wake up, go down to a delicious hot breakfast, and then pop back upstairs to write my vows while overlooking our ceremony site. It was a great way to just relax and get in the right mindset, and it kept our timeline a bit more relaxed as well since everyone was coming to and setting up at the same site. The ceremony spot overlooking the water was just gorgeous, with several plants already blooming along the perimeter. We didn't decorate the naturally beautiful ceremony site at all, save for a few reserved seating signs and some ceremony props, and it turned out wonderfully. The staff was wonderful to us all night, and our onsite manager checked in frequently to see if we were happy and if we needed anything else along the way. The reception in the Garden Room was even prettier than I could have hoped for. It was the perfect room size for our small guest list. The passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour and the dinner itself were both hits. My husband and I felt well taken care of. We'd missed out on cocktail hour apps while we were taking photos, and the staff brought us two of each app to enjoy with dinner. They also packed up "bridal boxes" with a little bit of everything from our dinner buffet, which we enjoyed the next day after checking into our honeymoon hotel. They really took care of us from beginning to end! Would highly recommend this gorgeous little spot for weddings big or small.

Lindsay · Married on 03/11/2018

Did an amazing job. So glad that I found this venue.

Paige · Married on 02/16/2018

Amazing service, amazing food, amazing staff! Thank you so much for making our big day perfect.

Liza · Married on 02/03/2018

The venue was beautiful. It was the first place we looked at and I was sold. I looked at a few others but I already knew I wanted my big day to be here. Just looking at it, I was concerned I couldn't afford it but I'm glad I sat with Carla because it was very reasonably priced. Everybody on site was wonderful and friendly. Any questions we had, they quickly answered. We even forgot a couple of mirrors for our centerpieces and they let us use some of theirs. Every person at the wedding couldn't stop talking about the food. I heard a lot of "You look beautiful, but this food is fantastic. " If I were to do it again, I'd pick this place every time. It was an amazing day.

Michelle · Married on 01/28/2018

When we booked this venue, the one thing people kept telling us was that the food was amazing. They certainly did not disappoint and all of our guests made a point to tell us how good the food was. The staff was incredible during the entire process and Carla was always available for a last minute panic question during the entire process. They were very open to continually letting me come on property with my vendors and family to plan everything out, and the day of manager was also great even though I had a day of coordinator. He made sure that my husband and I always had drinks and kept me up to date on the weather every few minutes since it was supposed to rain during our ceremony. We had such a beautiful wedding, and the ease at which it flowed just made the day even better.

Kim · Married on 01/27/2018

Club Continental was the perfect wedding venue for us! Carla was very responsive and with-it in the coordination of the event details and getting staff all prepared. The venue itself is beautiful and the food was amazing. We also had guests (and ourselves) at the River House Suites so it was the perfect get-away for the wedding and hanging out at the pub next door (on the water) and the rooms were lovely too. We highly recommend it!

Katie · Married on 12/29/2017

This venue was absolutely amazing. Great customer service from Carla and all of the staff. Staff was very helpful from booking all the way through the end of the reception. Cant thank them enough for helping our day go smoothly.

• W

Wanda · Married on 12/22/2017

I hardly know where to begin. My daughter was scheduled to marry on 9-9-17 at Club Continental. From the beginning, Carla was wonderful to work with. She was prompt, thorough and responsive to all of our requests; therefore, we were confident that the day would be special and all that we dreamed of. Everything was in place and it was just a matter of arriving and seeing all the hard work come to fruition--then Hurricane Irma arrived. We had to make the heartbreaking decision to cancel--the day before the wedding. Upon the cancellation, I received the sweetest, kindest phone call from Carla assuring me that she would work with us to reschedule and that she would ensure that my daughter's day would be perfect. Fast forward to December 22nd, and Carla made good on that promise. The wedding was perfect in every way. The venue was beautiful, the food was magnificent, and the service impeccable. I truly cannot recommend this venue highly enough. Even in the face of the challenge of a cancellation/postponement, Club Continental and its staff were stellar in every way.

The Club Continental 19
    The Club Continental 20
    The Club Continental 21
    The Club Continental 22

Karina · Married on 12/16/2017

The venue is beautiful. We had our wedding our wedding in December and the place was so beautifully decorated that we did not need to buy additional decorations .

Carla and her staff were excellent, organized and responsive to all our needs. The food was delicious . We received many compliments from our guests about the quality of the food served.

Brianna · Married on 12/02/2017

Carla was AMAZING to us at the Club Continental. They had a big event going on the night of our wedding date (our wedding be 12-4pm) and she made sure we could checkout at 5 so we didn't have to rush around before the ceremony. Her responsiveness was unbelievable to emails and she truly helped make our day amazing. We had some changes here and there and she really helped all go smoothly. The food was fantastic and the venue is truly beautiful. Our guests couldn't stop raving. Daniel was the manager on duty and he was so, so nice! All of the staff was so accommodating and really made us feel special. My MOH and I stayed in the Continental suite and it was beautiful to get ready in. The guys stayed in the river suites and had a great time. Everything went smoothly!