The Chuck Taylors Reviews

The Chuck Taylors 2
The Chuck Taylors 3
The Chuck Taylors 4
The Chuck Taylors 5

I cannot say enough about Greg Lee and The Chuck Taylors band. They are probably the best band I have come across in years and Greg is so talented, charming and professional that you want the night to just go on and on. They play a range of music to connect with all your guests - and keep the party going. They played for almost 3 hours with a 10 minute break and was engaged with the guests the entire time. Greg also played the piano during our cocktail hour and it added just the right touch to the formal reception my daughter preferred. All in all, best choice we could have made!!!!

Sent on 07/20/2015

The Chuck Taylors's reply:

Thank You!! That was a great party indeed and it was a pleasure getting to know you guys. Come see us at one of public events.

DJ · Married on 07/18/2015

We had Greg Lee and the Chuck Taylors play at our wedding @ Drees Pavilion a few weeks ago and they were amazing!! They kept the party going and the dance floor packed all night long with their great variety of music! Greg is very easy to work with, upbeat, energetic and very professional. I would highly recommend him for any event!! Thanks again Greg for a truly memorable evening!!

Sent on 07/29/2015

The Chuck Taylors's reply:

DJ!!! Thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I thought it was picture perfect. I hope you guys can come see at the casino when you're in from Chicago one of these days.

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2015

I couldn't have asked for a better overall experience and service than what we got with Greg Lee and his band the Chuck Taylors. Greg was extremely professional from the get-go, and was always very responsive and flexible. He made the whole process incredibly easy. I spoke to a friend who had hired the Chuck Taylor's for her wedding last year and she gave them rave reviews, and mentioned that once you book, you don't have to worry about anything. This couldn't have been more true. We spoke a couple of times via phone, and I used his online event planning site to designate the songs, timeline, etc. that we wanted. Greg brought so much energy and fun to the event. Definitely money well spent and a great value in my opinion. They played from cocktail hour, through the meal and then did a dance set afterwards, and I loved that the music was loud enough to be enjoyed, but still not so loud that guests couldn't also carry on a conversation and socialize. He also played MC for the night, moving speeches, dances and dinner along. They could seemingly play any request on the spot, including hip hop and dance songs, and did an awesome job of feeding off the crowd and sensing what people wanted to hear. He really made us feel special and like the event and set was personal to us, which was great as well. Bottom line, totally worth every cent we paid and I would highly recommend him to any bride and groom (or party planner) looking for some top notch entertainment that will leave all your guests having a great time!

Sent on 07/14/2015

The Chuck Taylors's reply:

Thank you Lauren. I thought the party was perfect. And yes, seeing your dad dance to "Watch Me Whip, Nae/Nae" was pretty memorable.

Kelsey · Married on 07/10/2015

Greg Lee was our DJ for our July 10 wedding at the Renaissance, and he is AMAZING. My husband found him on a wedding website, and we were excited when we learned we could see him perform and “preview” him at Jack Binion’s Steakhouse one evening. I was so nervous about choosing a DJ because I’ve been to plenty of weddings where the DJ was just awful, the wedding didn’t flow, and it wasn’t very fun. I was anxious to get someone who would play great music, keep people on the dance floor, and would smoothly transition between dancing and the standard “events” (first dance, garter/bouquet, etc.)
    Greg Lee was nothing short of perfect. He played piano and sang jazz-type songs (think Michael Buble’ & Frank Sinatra) during dinner, and then switched to dance music after that. Our dance floor was full from the time it opened until the time they kicked us out. Everyone commented on how great the music selection was, how nice it was having the piano background music during dinner, and how great of a party we hosted. We could not have made it without Greg Lee. He kept the party moving, listened to our requests, and befriended some of our younger guests and made them his helpers. Even more, he was quick to respond to emails during planning, and he even helped us with photos when we arrived to the hotel early to get some sneak photographs in. Not to mention he did it all with a big smile. It was just all-around great. HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 07/21/2015

The Chuck Taylors's reply:

Thanks Kelsey. Wow, I can't say enough good things about The Renaissance, what a beautiful venue.

It was my honor to play for you and Kyle. Thank you Kyle for your service to the country.

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2015

Greg Lee was amazing! He provided the wedding music which was awesome. When he started singing during the prelude, the crowd silenced to listen to him! He kept the dance floor crowded during the reception with our guests! He worked the crowd like he knew everyone of them! We got so much positive feedback about our DJ. Greg is so much more than a DJ, he is an extremely talented entertainer! We are so happy we chose Greg to be a very important part of our special day! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Keri · Married on 07/02/2015

Greg Lee was HIGHLY recommended to me by a family member and now I know why! I can't say enough great things about Greg. His positive energy is infectious; his talent and love for music and people show through his work. Greg was the DJ for our wedding. He played music for our ceremony and reception. My friend sang during the ceremony and it was so easy to coordinate with Greg. She lives out of town and was able to send him the music last minute without any problems. Greg played the keyboard and sang live during dinner and was amazing!! Everyone was blown away by his voice. He did a great job with the announcements and music all night long! The dance floor was constantly packed. We added a few choreographed dances with special mixed songs the day before our wedding and Greg was more than accommodating. Our wedding could not have gone any smoother and that is in part because of him. My friends and family are still talking about how great the night was and complimenting Greg. Also, he uses an online portal to send information and timeline for the event. This was really helpful for me in planning both the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend Greg Lee, especially if you want to have a night of fun and entertainment.

Sent on 07/16/2015

In one word, Greg Lee is AMAZING. He is an incredible entertainer. For our June wedding at the Phoenix, Greg was not only our wonderful DJ, but he also played piano during the cocktail hour AND also sang/played piano during dinner. I don't know how he does everything he does - but he does it all with such energy and brilliant talent! I had so many friends and family members approach me at the wedding to tell me, "I love your DJ!" and later, days and weeks after the wedding, others have even contacted me just to comment on how great my DJ was. He is again, AMAZING and if you book him for your wedding, you will be just as pleased as we were! People told me they had never seen so many people dancing at a wedding before right from the very first song! Greg kept everyone dancing the whole night! Greg also has a band called the Chuck Taylors and they are amazing as well - I have gone with family to see them play at the casino. I would recommend Greg Lee and the Chuck Taylors to any new bride looking for wedding entertainment and/or a DJ!

Sent on 07/09/2015
  • User5197706 · 2+ years ago

I was happy to get Greg Lee for my wedding based on a recommendation from a family friend and reading reviews online, and he lived up to the recommendations. He did music for my ceremony, dinner, and dancing. He was very easy to work with and flexible. For example, I wanted to change my music for the ceremony the day before the wedding and he did it with no problem and everything went great. The music during dinner was perfect, and during the reception the band brought a lot of energy to the dance floor. I had a small wedding, and I was little worried about whether people would dance during the reception, but it wasn't a problem at all. Greg picked out music that appealed to a wide audience--from my friends in their 20s to my grandparents in their 80s (who danced all night long). Many of the guests specifically commented after the wedding about how the band was really good and how they were really friendly. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Kathy · Married on 06/12/2015

Greg's choice of music kept the dance floor hopping all night for all ages. He performed at the ceremony as well and was accompanied by a celloist. He also played his keyboard during cocktails and dinner and sang along to some songs. I felt so confident in him that he would run the event that evening as planned and he did. His smile is contagious and his energetic personality showed me that he loved his work and put his whole heart into it. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Annie · Married on 06/12/2015

There was a high level of professionalism in working with Greg. He is incredible flexible and responsive to the needs and wants of the bridal party. He also brings a significant level of fun, his repertoire and range in music, including his voice is extensive and impressive and his energy with DJing and MCing the event is perfect. Everyone at the wedding had a blast. He kept the event on time in terms of managing the announcements of each important part of the reception. He has an outgoing personality and works well with the other vendors. As this events wedding planner I had full confidence in Greg running the timeline and he was a true pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/31/2015

Our company hired Greg Lee and The Chuck Taylors for our 75th anniversary gala. From cocktails to dinner music to dancing late into the night, we could not have been more pleased with their quality of service, professionalism, flexibility, and friendliness. They were able to provide fabulous entertainment for a group with a diverse age range, and ensured that everyone had a good time. We were so happy with their work, we hired them again a month later for a different company occasion. Everyone said their music is what made the event.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Selina · Married on 05/30/2015

We had Greg Lee and his Jazz Trio for our Wedding Reception - and they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Well ahead of the event, Greg made sure he got to know us and our music taste - including letting us pick songs we absolutely love, like, and absolutely hate (which is very important). During the day of, Greg was super professional, kept the atmosphere elegant but FUN... and even made sure everyone was cheering on our MOH and BM before & after their toasts! Every single guest was dancing on the floor once Greg started the party. He also went above and beyond to make sure we had a good mix of music to cater to our mixed guests - Americans, Hispanics, and Asians! After the wedding, i've had multiple guests about to get married who asked for our music playlist already. 5+++ stars for Greg!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Bob · Married on 05/29/2015

Greg Lee and the Chuck Taylor's band helped plan and execute a great ceremony and reception. It was great getting to know the band, and from the first evening we heard them perform we knew that would be excellent. They helped us plan out the evening and worked with us on finding the perfect song selections, then They rocked the evening. Looking forward to having them performs someday at a fundraiser or party.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Holly · Married on 05/24/2015

Greg Lee and The Chuck Taylor's Band was absolutely the most engaging and energetic band I have ever seen. They had the guests on their feet all night long and truly made the entire experience a remarkable and magical experience for the bride and groom and all the guests. We had the most amazing time and Greg and his team truly delivered beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend Greg and his team for any and all weddings, events, etc.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/23/2015

Greg Lee was AMAZING! He was the DJ for our wedding and put on an amazing show! All of our guests commented on how great the music was and our dance floor was packed the entire night! Greg was very pleasant to talk with and made the planning a breeze. Although we did not use his band, we did go to see them for many performances and they were fantastic... great music and provided great entertainment! I would definitely recommend Greg and his band for future events and/or weddings for breeze with planning and entertaining! A++! Such a great guy and great personality!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Greg Lee and the Chuck Taylors blew not only myself and my wife away, but all of our guests. We got more great feedback about the band than any other aspect of our wedding. They played almost non-stop during our 4 hour reception. The dance floor was packed the entire time, and there was never a lull in energy. They even let me play some songs with them, which was a genuine pleasure to play with such a talented group. I truly cannot recommend these guys more, they absolutely surpassed our very high expectations.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Joe · Married on 05/15/2015

Greg Lee provided even more than we could have expected. He came highly, highly recormmended, and he surpassed that even more. He was a terrific emcee, played wonderful music and sang and DJd to everyone's delight. Thank you Greg!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Absolutely INCREDIBLE band/MC services. Greg Lee and his team were phenomenal and the dance floor was packed all night long! The compliments about the band continue to come in and we couldn't be happier with our choice!

Sent on 05/26/2015

sheila · Married on 05/09/2015

Outstanding....He couldn't have been more accommodating and easy to work with. Absolutely a true professional and loads of fun. One of the best things was that Greg Lee and his band had everyone on the dance floor..and I mean everyone!! I would (and already have) recommend him time and time again.

Sent on 06/21/2015

sheila · Married on 05/09/2015

Sent on 06/21/2015

Patty · Married on 05/02/2015

Wonderful. Great band, we had a lot of comments from guest and family about the band, wouldn't change a thing. A must have at your event. Patty G

Eric · Married on 04/25/2015

Greg Lee and the Chuck Taylors were amazing! From the first time I contacted Greg all the way through the wedding, Greg was always professional and quick to respond to any questions.

Greg played keyboard for the ceremony, he played keyboard and sang for the cocktail hour and the 4 piece band played for dinner and dancing at the reception. It felt like they were playing all day, they only took a few short breaks and during those they DJ'd music that we requested. They were able to play practically any song we asked and Greg's emceeing was phenemonal too.

As far as the reception, The Chuck Taylors put on a great show. They are very talented musicians to begin with but their energy really took our event to the next level. Our guests all had an amazing time and are still talking about how great the band was. We were all really impressed. I would definitely recommend Greg and the Chuck Taylors to friends and family.

Shannon · Married on 03/21/2015

Greg Lee was extremely professional (and fun!) while we were planning our reception in March. I felt very at ease when we were going through details as he has been performing for years and can handle any situation. He has a lot of energy and brings that into every conversation and ultimately when he plays. From the moment they started playing there were people on the dance floor and it continued throughout the night.

You can't go wrong when booking Greg Lee for your wedding reception or other event.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Jenna · event on: 01/20/2015

Greg can sing and is a fabulous pianist. He plays for our cocktail reception, dinner music and our after-dinner dance. He can also do the intro for your MC . He has a great voice and can be your MC or just make announcements. Our group thinks of him as family. He has a wonderful, easy-going personality.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Emily · Married on 01/03/2015

The Chuck Taylor's are amazing! Greg was able to play during cocktail hour and then at the reception the band played dinner music followed by dancing! Everyone is still talking about how amazing the band was and I agree! If you want a great party hire Greg!

Sent on 01/24/2015