The Center Club Reviews

The Center Club 6
The Center Club 7

Diane Horton Finch · Married on 08/04/2019

The ultimate wedding venue

The Center Club provides the perfect location, setting, and ambiance for a wedding reception. My son, the Groom, and his fiancé, the Bride were supported throughout the process from the first appointment upon meeting with Ashley Ratliffe, the Event Coordinator, to the big day – their wedding. We were guided and supported throughout – especially in making decisions about the cocktail reception, the dinner buffet, the placement of tables, band, flowers, cake, etc. Ashley and her staff guided us through each and every step and decision. The space is lovely, the view is spectacular, and the food was delicious. Our guests commented on the outstanding service during the cocktail reception including the presentation of the Hors Oeuvres and the wine as well as the Open Bar. . .no one was left waiting for anything. The tables for the dinner reception were beautifully set with the color scheme, the silk flower arrangements, and the salad. The buffet with servers had an excellent choice of entrees; we were delighted with the Sangria with fruit toast – perfect for a warm summer day. The children enjoyed the Crafts Table during the Cocktail Reception and young and old alike loved the Ice Cream Sundae dessert with so many toppings along with the wedding cake which was displayed for all to see. The positioning of the dance floor, the band, and the wine bar after dinner was perfect. And, the view of the Baltimore Harbor from the 16th floor is breathtaking – and propels the venue for a wedding reception from great to extraordinary. Without exception, every guest commented on the elegant ambiance, the delicious food, and the magnificent view – even the wedding party had their own private room to prepare for the introductions and refresh themselves before entering the reception. Nothing was left undone and Ashley Ratliffe, her staff, and the wait and bar staff were cordial, respectful, and helpful throughout the pre-planning and the wedding reception – I recommend without reservation and with great enthusiasm The Center Club for a wedding reception.

Sent on 08/09/2019
    The Center Club 8
    The Center Club 9
    The Center Club 10

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you so much Diane! it was such a pleasure working with all of you, and we hope to see you again soon!
  • W

Wendy Raab · Married on 07/05/2019

Excellent experience and have been and will continue to recommend the Center Club for events

The Center Club was the perfect venue for my event. It overlooks beautiful downtown Baltimore. The renovation is perfectly designed for a variety of floor plans. The Orioles Club was the perfect setting for the many Oriole fans attending the Welcome Party. The food and service are exceptional and the staff I worked closely with, particularly Ashley Ratliff, accommodated my every need.

Sent on 07/23/2019

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you Wendy! We are so glad the space worked well for your rehearsal dinner and welcome party! Hopefully we will get to work with you again in the future!

Steve Mirzayan · Married on 06/23/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

The place is absolutely wonderful the staff is even better, could not have asked for better , from the event coordinator put the folks helping on the floor, and of course the view

Sent on 07/23/2019
    The Center Club 11

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you Steve! We are partial, but we happen to love the view as well! Hope to see you back soon!

Jasmine · Married on 05/05/2019

Amazing, 7 Month Wedding!

Food and views: the most important factors that played into my wedding venue selection choice. The Center Club had both, plus AMAZING personalities. Ashley, the event coordinator was phenomenal and I cannot thank her enough. Without her there is no way I would have been able to pull off a 7 month turnaround (engaged in October, didn't start planning until January, married in May!).

While I don't recommend such a short timeframe, all of The Center Club staff went above and beyond to make it my day. Linens, seats, tables, and beautiful views all included; the only thing I brought were the centerpieces-- Ashley provided extras too, like an easel for the seating chart, table numbers, votive candles, and additional decorations. It makes a big difference to work with someone who wants to see you happy. HIGHLY recommended. Especially if you have never been to a wedding or been in a wedding before. Lots of things you don't know, that you need to know and Ashley makes sure you know them.

Had 3 bridesmaids, plus a MOH, and MOB, and a makeup artist. It did get a little tight in the bridal suite (might I add, they provided champagne), but the women's restroom was literally next door so we did use that for a little extra space while getting ready. Also had a groomsmen/groom room on a different level so I didn't have to worry about any accidental peaks.

One thing I would advise is to make sure you indicate which tables you would like to eat first if you choose a buffet food option, otherwise random tables get selected, and you will likely prefer family and bridal party to eat first.

Sent on 05/28/2019
    The Center Club 16
    The Center Club 17
    The Center Club 18

The Center Club's reply:

Jasmine, thank you so much for the review and kind words! We are so happy to have been able to host your wedding day! We hope to see you again soon!
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 12/08/2018

Wedding with a view - The Center Club

The Center Club is one of the most romantic places to hold a Wedding. Every aspect of the Wedding was exactly as we planned and we got great advice from working with Ashley Ratcliff the Banquet Manager who also has expertise as a Wedding Planner. Ashley carried out each detail to perfection. We had a small Wedding of 50 guests on the 16th Floor (beautifully refurbished Harbor 1 Room ) in the evening on Saturday December 8, 2018. My three Bridesmaids and I were able to use the Brides’ Suite on the 16th Floor and it was gorgeous. The Center Club was beautifully decorated in its Holiday Finest and the night sky in Baltimore was a gorgeous backdrop to our Wedding venue. We had our Ceremony in the Founder’s Room; a posh retro Champagne Cocktail reception in the 16th Floor Lounge, dinner in the Harbor Room and dancing in the Orioles Pub after dinner The DJ, Justin Darling (Music Masters) came recommended by the Center Club and dancing was the perfect end to a perfect Wedding!

Sent on 04/22/2019
    The Center Club 19
    The Center Club 20
    The Center Club 21

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Suzanne! We loved being a part of your wedding day and especially during the holiday season!

Lisa · event on 06/24/2015

Everything was perfect. Vanessa was invaluable in making this day so wonderful.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Try as one might, I honestly can't think even one negative component of our experience with Vanessa, her event team, or in any of our dealings with staff at The Center Club. They saw our vision and helped transform the club into exactly that by going above and beyond in nearly every way you can imagine. They transformed the club into our fantasy wedding site and were smiling and happy to do so each step of the way. I can't emphasize just how wonderful our experience at The Center Club and simply recommend that anyone considering the site, just go for it. Vanessa and team will see it from concept to reality, keeping the Club as classy as it is or transforming it into the dreamscape she and team did for us.

Thank you to Vanessa, her team, and the Center Club for making my (now) wife's seemingly impossible dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Mr. Kevin Bonner of The Center Club was a true gentleman and excellent general manager. Mr. Bonner oversaw a wonderful event, assuring that all went well, which it most certainly did. He's there for you and absolutely delivers. Mr. Bonner and his entire staff were responsible for bringing a fantasy wedding to life and my husband and I are beyond thrilled with the results. Trust the Center Club - with Mr. Bonner at the head and Vanessa the lead event coordinator at his side, each event is a near guaranteed success.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Anne · event on 05/05/2015

What a beautiful venue! The staff was courteous and professional - I highly recommend the Center Club to others for various events (ours was corporate, but I know this would be fabulous for a wedding or other celebration too).

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • User4192781 · 2+ years ago

The Center Club provided the perfect venue for my ceremony and reception! Everyone is still raving about the food! I would highly recommend this location to anyone wanting to be in Baltimore. Vanessa and Kristin were wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 06/10/2015
  • User5162287 · event on 08/30/2014

Vanessa and the entire staff at the Centre Club - Baltimore , MD were beyond awesome...attentive,flexible and always so patient and goal was always to make us happy host and hostess of our sons pre wedding dinner

Sent on 06/10/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/28/2014

The Center Club was the PERFECT wedding venue! It has beautiful panoramic views of the harbor, amazing food, and elegant decor. My family and friends still can't stop talking about the delicious food, especially the crab cakes and strawberry shortcake (and my wedding was four months ago!). The event planning staff (Nicole and Vanessa) were amazing and always promptly responded to the many many emails I sent them. They thought of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, which was especially nice since I had no idea what I was doing. And the staff day-of were extremely friendly and helpful and always made sure my champagne flute was filled and I had enough to eat. The Center Club really knows how to throw a party!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Cynthia · Married on 07/04/2015

The Center Club, and Vanessa in particular, went out of her way to secure an alternate venue for our wedding reception (the 17th floor) since a member had reserved the Center Club for his 4th of July party. An amazing transformation of a cafeteria into a fantastic space for sit down dinner, dancing, and watching the fireworks. The bar space was just lovely.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Naisha · event on 10/07/2014

...Professional service from the very beginning! All The Center Club staff made sure our event was held to the very high standard familiar to our guests. Thanks to the wonderful array services, convenient location and flexibility/accommodations of staff, we'll certainly be returning again this year.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Kathryn · Married on 07/12/2014

We were very pleased with the wedding reception and have received wonderful feedback from the guests as well.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Mike · Married on 05/11/2013

The Center Club's Harbor Ballroom offered a spectacular view of the Inner Harbor. Equally impressive was the professional service delivered by the team... and of course, the food was exceptional! The Center Club truly made everything we envisioned come to life for our wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Bianca · event on 03/30/2015

3.5

The venue was fantastic and the food was delicious! The staff was very courteous.

Sent on 06/29/2015