The Center Club Reviews

24 | Baltimore, MD

24 Reviews for The Center Club

• Presley

Presley Jordan · Getting married on 04/08/2021

Amazing Wedding for a Hectic Year!!!

The Center Club truly made our wedding dreams a reality, despite the crazy COVID times. Everyone was truly wonderful and a pleasure to work with! Ashley was so accommodating and did everything to be sure that our wedding could be everything and more! The decorations were beautiful, the food was amazing, and everything went perfectly! Milton was also a huge help during the food tasting and during our wedding dinner as well. He was such an amazing individual and I can't wait for him to be with us again next year for our bigger celebration (because it wouldn't be a celebration without him)! Despite the constant roller coaster of unpredictability of the COVID restrictions, put on Ashley and the team, they made everything work and it was smooth sailing! I can't wait to have a bigger wedding celebration with them next year!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Kiara Pryor · Married on 06/21/2020

Amazing venue!!

Everything about The Center Club is beyond Amazing!!! We had the pleasure of having our wedding at Center Club in late August after having to reschedule our original June wedding. With all the stress of planning a wedding during the covid pandemic, Ashley made everything so much easier on us. During our almost 2 years of planning Ashley stayed in contact with us, always keeping us updated and making sure our planning was going as smooth as possible. Everything about the venue was perfect from the amazing views of downtown, the food (especially the mini crab balls), the on-site parking, the spiral staircase that makes for amazing pictures, and of course the staff as whole. This venue gets a 10/10 from us!! Last but not least, we want to give a shout out to Milton who went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our time during our wedding day. If you ever the opportunity to have your wedding at the Center Club...DO IT!!!!!

Sent on 09/12/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Kane · Married on 12/28/2019

Can't Go Wrong with the Center Club!!

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Ashley and the Center Club! We were married on NYE and the view of the harbor and fireworks was the perfect ending to the night.

The entire planning process from when we first toured the Club was flawless, Ashley and her team were constantly putting our minds at ease and were so flexible with all of our requests! How we wanted to set up the rooms, our menus, timing and any other special requests (like a champagne wall!) were all met with excitement to help us make our vision come true.

On top of the stunning view and the rooms itself being stunning, the service from the full team, cannot be beat! Even if we visited in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding, Ashley was always willing to spend time with us and we would walk in and the other Center Club team would welcome us warmly. My guests were thrilled with the service the night of and everyone felt like they were treated like royalty.

Lastly, the food is AMAZING! We literally could not decide what we wanted to serve because it was all so good! I can't wait to go back just to have it all again.

I could go on and on, that is how much we love the Center Club and would recommend the venue and team to anyone in the market :)!

Sent on 06/17/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Bisacre · Married on 11/23/2019

If I could give 6 stars in Service, i Would!

My husband and I didn't want a long engagement, so we planned our wedding in 5 months. We chose the Center Club because they had everything we needed in house and I only had to find a few other vendors for flowers, DJ, photographer. Had I known how easy, seamless and wonderful an experience it would be, I wouldn't have looked elsewhere! Besides the awesome view and the classy décor, I think what sets the Center Club apart was the SERVICE. Seriously, the food and service is top notch. Ashley was so helpful and did everything for me, I didn't have to worry about a thing. I didn't use a wedding coordinator, but didn't need to because Ashley took care of coordinating everything. Our out of town guests loved the delicious Baltimore food (crab everything :)) and they raved about the service. I was so pleased with everything and can't thank the staff enough for the wonderful job on our very special day.

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful Experience

Ashley and everyone at the Center Club made planning our wedding so easy. It ran smoothly and our guests loved the food, view, atmosphere.... I’m a worrier, but not this time. Sit back, relax and enjoy your wedding. With Ashley and her team, you will!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kay C. · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing from start to finish!

I usually don't write reviews, but the Center Club was outstanding, from the amazing views of Baltimore City and the Harbor to the attentive staff! Our wedding coordinator, Ashley made suggestions throughout the planning process. She was incredible and took care of every detail.

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful venue, amazing service, high quality menu

Choosing a wedding venue was one of the most important things on our list as a couple. I had in mind a setting that was classic, romantic, elegant and embodied Baltimore - The Center Club delivered all of this and more. We were in awe of the space when we first toured it and while the view itself is decoration enough, we were able to truly customize the space. The club was well known with our chosen vendors, which helped make the planning process a bit easier. In addition, the staff, specifically Ashley Ratliff, made sure the day was perfect; from planning to execution. She made herself available to answer all my questions, ease my concerns and offer guidance. To be truthful, I originally had the impression the day would be stressful for me no matter what - but I ended up having the best night of my life. Our family and friends couldn't stop talking about the scenery, the food, absolutely everything about the night. I owe that to this place and the people who help made it happen.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Diane Horton Finch · Married on 08/04/2019

The ultimate wedding venue

The Center Club provides the perfect location, setting, and ambiance for a wedding reception. My son, the Groom, and his fiancé, the Bride were supported throughout the process from the first appointment upon meeting with Ashley Ratliffe, the Event Coordinator, to the big day – their wedding. We were guided and supported throughout – especially in making decisions about the cocktail reception, the dinner buffet, the placement of tables, band, flowers, cake, etc. Ashley and her staff guided us through each and every step and decision. The space is lovely, the view is spectacular, and the food was delicious. Our guests commented on the outstanding service during the cocktail reception including the presentation of the Hors Oeuvres and the wine as well as the Open Bar. . .no one was left waiting for anything. The tables for the dinner reception were beautifully set with the color scheme, the silk flower arrangements, and the salad. The buffet with servers had an excellent choice of entrees; we were delighted with the Sangria with fruit toast – perfect for a warm summer day. The children enjoyed the Crafts Table during the Cocktail Reception and young and old alike loved the Ice Cream Sundae dessert with so many toppings along with the wedding cake which was displayed for all to see. The positioning of the dance floor, the band, and the wine bar after dinner was perfect. And, the view of the Baltimore Harbor from the 16th floor is breathtaking – and propels the venue for a wedding reception from great to extraordinary. Without exception, every guest commented on the elegant ambiance, the delicious food, and the magnificent view – even the wedding party had their own private room to prepare for the introductions and refresh themselves before entering the reception. Nothing was left undone and Ashley Ratliffe, her staff, and the wait and bar staff were cordial, respectful, and helpful throughout the pre-planning and the wedding reception – I recommend without reservation and with great enthusiasm The Center Club for a wedding reception.

Sent on 08/09/2019

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you so much Diane! it was such a pleasure working with all of you, and we hope to see you again soon!
  • W

Wendy Raab · Married on 07/05/2019

Excellent experience and have been and will continue to recommend the Center Club for events

The Center Club was the perfect venue for my event. It overlooks beautiful downtown Baltimore. The renovation is perfectly designed for a variety of floor plans. The Orioles Club was the perfect setting for the many Oriole fans attending the Welcome Party. The food and service are exceptional and the staff I worked closely with, particularly Ashley Ratliff, accommodated my every need.

Sent on 07/23/2019

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you Wendy! We are so glad the space worked well for your rehearsal dinner and welcome party! Hopefully we will get to work with you again in the future!

Steve Mirzayan · Married on 06/23/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

The place is absolutely wonderful the staff is even better, could not have asked for better , from the event coordinator put the folks helping on the floor, and of course the view

Sent on 07/23/2019

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you Steve! We are partial, but we happen to love the view as well! Hope to see you back soon!

Jasmine · Married on 05/05/2019

Amazing, 7 Month Wedding!

Food and views: the most important factors that played into my wedding venue selection choice. The Center Club had both, plus AMAZING personalities. Ashley, the event coordinator was phenomenal and I cannot thank her enough. Without her there is no way I would have been able to pull off a 7 month turnaround (engaged in October, didn't start planning until January, married in May!).

While I don't recommend such a short timeframe, all of The Center Club staff went above and beyond to make it my day. Linens, seats, tables, and beautiful views all included; the only thing I brought were the centerpieces-- Ashley provided extras too, like an easel for the seating chart, table numbers, votive candles, and additional decorations. It makes a big difference to work with someone who wants to see you happy. HIGHLY recommended. Especially if you have never been to a wedding or been in a wedding before. Lots of things you don't know, that you need to know and Ashley makes sure you know them.

Had 3 bridesmaids, plus a MOH, and MOB, and a makeup artist. It did get a little tight in the bridal suite (might I add, they provided champagne), but the women's restroom was literally next door so we did use that for a little extra space while getting ready. Also had a groomsmen/groom room on a different level so I didn't have to worry about any accidental peaks.

One thing I would advise is to make sure you indicate which tables you would like to eat first if you choose a buffet food option, otherwise random tables get selected, and you will likely prefer family and bridal party to eat first.

Sent on 05/28/2019

The Center Club's reply:

Jasmine, thank you so much for the review and kind words! We are so happy to have been able to host your wedding day! We hope to see you again soon!
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 12/08/2018

Wedding with a view - The Center Club

The Center Club is one of the most romantic places to hold a Wedding. Every aspect of the Wedding was exactly as we planned and we got great advice from working with Ashley Ratcliff the Banquet Manager who also has expertise as a Wedding Planner. Ashley carried out each detail to perfection. We had a small Wedding of 50 guests on the 16th Floor (beautifully refurbished Harbor 1 Room ) in the evening on Saturday December 8, 2018. My three Bridesmaids and I were able to use the Brides’ Suite on the 16th Floor and it was gorgeous. The Center Club was beautifully decorated in its Holiday Finest and the night sky in Baltimore was a gorgeous backdrop to our Wedding venue. We had our Ceremony in the Founder’s Room; a posh retro Champagne Cocktail reception in the 16th Floor Lounge, dinner in the Harbor Room and dancing in the Orioles Pub after dinner The DJ, Justin Darling (Music Masters) came recommended by the Center Club and dancing was the perfect end to a perfect Wedding!

Sent on 04/22/2019

The Center Club's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Suzanne! We loved being a part of your wedding day and especially during the holiday season!

Lisa · event on: 06/24/2015

Everything was perfect. Vanessa was invaluable in making this day so wonderful.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Try as one might, I honestly can't think even one negative component of our experience with Vanessa, her event team, or in any of our dealings with staff at The Center Club. They saw our vision and helped transform the club into exactly that by going above and beyond in nearly every way you can imagine. They transformed the club into our fantasy wedding site and were smiling and happy to do so each step of the way. I can't emphasize just how wonderful our experience at The Center Club and simply recommend that anyone considering the site, just go for it. Vanessa and team will see it from concept to reality, keeping the Club as classy as it is or transforming it into the dreamscape she and team did for us.

Thank you to Vanessa, her team, and the Center Club for making my (now) wife's seemingly impossible dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Mr. Kevin Bonner of The Center Club was a true gentleman and excellent general manager. Mr. Bonner oversaw a wonderful event, assuring that all went well, which it most certainly did. He's there for you and absolutely delivers. Mr. Bonner and his entire staff were responsible for bringing a fantasy wedding to life and my husband and I are beyond thrilled with the results. Trust the Center Club - with Mr. Bonner at the head and Vanessa the lead event coordinator at his side, each event is a near guaranteed success.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Anne · event on: 05/05/2015

What a beautiful venue! The staff was courteous and professional - I highly recommend the Center Club to others for various events (ours was corporate, but I know this would be fabulous for a wedding or other celebration too).

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • User4192781 · 2+ years ago

The Center Club provided the perfect venue for my ceremony and reception! Everyone is still raving about the food! I would highly recommend this location to anyone wanting to be in Baltimore. Vanessa and Kristin were wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 06/10/2015
  • User5162287 · event on: 08/30/2014

Vanessa and the entire staff at the Centre Club - Baltimore , MD were beyond awesome...attentive,flexible and always so patient and goal was always to make us happy host and hostess of our sons pre wedding dinner

Sent on 06/10/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/28/2014

The Center Club was the PERFECT wedding venue! It has beautiful panoramic views of the harbor, amazing food, and elegant decor. My family and friends still can't stop talking about the delicious food, especially the crab cakes and strawberry shortcake (and my wedding was four months ago!). The event planning staff (Nicole and Vanessa) were amazing and always promptly responded to the many many emails I sent them. They thought of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, which was especially nice since I had no idea what I was doing. And the staff day-of were extremely friendly and helpful and always made sure my champagne flute was filled and I had enough to eat. The Center Club really knows how to throw a party!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Cynthia · Married on 07/04/2015

The Center Club, and Vanessa in particular, went out of her way to secure an alternate venue for our wedding reception (the 17th floor) since a member had reserved the Center Club for his 4th of July party. An amazing transformation of a cafeteria into a fantastic space for sit down dinner, dancing, and watching the fireworks. The bar space was just lovely.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Naisha · event on: 10/07/2014

...Professional service from the very beginning! All The Center Club staff made sure our event was held to the very high standard familiar to our guests. Thanks to the wonderful array services, convenient location and flexibility/accommodations of staff, we'll certainly be returning again this year.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Kathryn · Married on 07/12/2014

We were very pleased with the wedding reception and have received wonderful feedback from the guests as well.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Mike · Married on 05/11/2013

The Center Club's Harbor Ballroom offered a spectacular view of the Inner Harbor. Equally impressive was the professional service delivered by the team... and of course, the food was exceptional! The Center Club truly made everything we envisioned come to life for our wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Bianca · event on: 03/30/2015

3.5

The venue was fantastic and the food was delicious! The staff was very courteous.

Sent on 06/29/2015