The Castle Reviews

38 | Spartanburg, SC

38 Reviews for The Castle

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Coral · Married on 06/03/2017

Robin and her staff were excellent! They were always very helpful and accommodating! The dress my daughter chose was perfect. Thank you for being a part of our lives during this special time!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Angie · Married on 07/02/2016

We had a wonderful experience shopping at The Castle for my daughter's wedding dress. She found the most perfect gown, a gorgeous veil, and the perfect earrings. She was given a lot of hands on attention to help her narrow down her choices and I could not have been more pleased with how easy and helpful they were for us. She was a gorgeous bride! I highly recommend The Castle for choices, attention, price, and service.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2016

I've gone to The Castle to buy every dress from my prom dress in 2002 to my wedding dress in 2016 and all the college formals in between! They are so amazing to work with and couldn't be more personable! I will never go anywhere else! Love the selection and love the staff!! They have made all my special moments perfection!

Sent on 08/28/2016
  • Jessica & Jonathan

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2015

On the day I chose my wedding dress, I only had to try on maybe 5 gowns. The ladies at The Castle in Spartanburg were very helpful. They really listened to what I thought I wanted, but also helped choose something I never would have picked out myself. They truly care about all of their customers. I had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 04/14/2015

Shanna · Married on 11/07/2015

I thought I knew what I wanted, but I didn't. I already had a list of the dress numbers I wanted to try on when I got to the store. Lauren at The Castle in Spartanburg pulled all the dresses and off I went to try them on. As I tried them on nothing really stood out to me. There was one dress my family and I thought might be the one, but then Lauren asked me if I would try on a dress she picked out. Of course I would! I saw it in the bag and automatically disliked it, but what would it hurt to try it on? It wasn't the style I liked at all, but it was lace, and I wanted lace. When I walked out of the dressing room wearing that dress my family all said "that's the one". When I looked in the mirror I was shocked at how much I LOVED it! I would have never picked it and I would have missed out on my dream dress if I wouldn't have listened to Lauren. I ordered the dress that day and I was married on 11/07/15. I'm still in love with the dress and I received sooooo many compliments on it. I've definitely never seen another girl wearing my dress. Going to The Castle in Spartanburg is your best bet for finding your dream dress. Please be open minded to their suggestions because they are pros! After my wedding dress experience we went back for the bridesmaid dresses and the flower girl dress. I loved all of them!!! Also, the ladies there are very nice and helpful.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Kate and Joshua · Married on 10/02/2015

After an unpleasant experience at The Poinsett Bride in Greenville I was told to check out The Castle. My experience here was 1000 times better than my previous experience. The girls were very nice and helpful and had a wealth of knowledge about the dresses they carried and what would look good on me. They have an awesome selection and have tons of beautiful Allure gowns. My dress came in ahead of schedule and was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They also recommend Staar Tailors who provides a discount on alterations and they are amazing.

Sent on 05/15/2015

Erin · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot say enough about the ladies at The Castle. They made finding the perfect dress easy, enjoyable and fun. I never felt pressured to buy a dress like you feel at some shops. The girls were very pleasant and not at all pushy. Once I found my dress they kept it at the store until I was ready to pick it up for alterations and was allowed to bring it back until the week of the wedding. They steamed my dress and made sure it was perfect for my big day. When it came to bridesmaids, the girls were saints. I had a difficult bridesmaid who wanted to completely change the dress I picked out because she didn't like it. The girls at The Castle backed me up and helped me stick to what I wanted even pulling out a few dresses for her to try on that would never work. I wanted to hug each of them. I had a bridesmaid buy her dress from a shop in NY where she lives and that shop didn't even steam her dress. The Castle was amazing and steamed the dress for her without batting an eye even though she bought it elsewhere. I cannot say enough good things about the ladies at The Castle. Every time I walked in they knew me by name and knew exactly which dress was mine and which bridesmaid dresses were mine. They were phenomenal in every way a bridal shop should be. Avoid all the other bridal shops. Go to The Castle first and find your dream dress!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/16/2015

I had such a great experience at The Castle! We bought my dress, as well as my bridesmaid dresses from here. When shopping for my wedding dress, they listened to exactly what I was looking for and were there by my side the whole time to help if needed. I only had to try on 5 dresses before we found the perfect dress. For my bridesmaid dresses, they were so patient and helpful. Most were out of town and needed to do over the phone orders. They kept me updated throughout the whole process. All the dresses came in sooner than expected.

Sent on 06/19/2015

summer · Married on 05/02/2015

They were the only venue around that actually had the dresses from their website in stock! I found the perfect dress there and it was $400 less than what I had planned on spending!! And it came it a month earlier than we had expected!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Courtney · Married on 05/01/2015

We bought both my bridal gown and my bridesmaids dresses from
    The Castle! They were so incredibly helpful and patient as I tried on the same dress four different times to make sure it was "the one!" Amanda took so much time to help me narrow down what I liked and didn't like and did such a great job choosing for me that I ended up picking the first dress I tried on (after trying on several more and just going back to it over and over.) They also recommended me to an alterations place that got my dress done in record time! So, so impressed with them and still so in love with my dress.

Sent on 05/08/2015
  • Julie & Sean's wedding

Julie · Married on 07/25/2014

A big thank you to all the staff for helping me find the perfect bridesmaid dress! I unfortuently waited till the last minute to pick out a dress but the girls at castle helped me find the dress that had everything I wanted for my bridesmaids. Thank you ladies!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Chelsea · Married on 07/17/2014

I contacted the Castle in Spartanburg, but I ended up going to their store in Anderson where I tried on the dress I ended up walking down the aisle in! I had my heart set on this one dress that NO ONE had!! My girls and I called all dress stores and boutiques in GA, SC, and NC so I maybe wasn't the most open to new dresses...but the girls at the Anderson location but me in a couple dresses that had similar designs to the dress I showed them a picture of and I fell in love with the second dress they put me into!! This is an amazing company with amazing people and they introduced me to the dress that wowed my guests and my new husband. There aren't enough 5.0's in the world to adequately express my gratitude for that!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Amy · Married on 05/17/2014

I bought my wedding dress and all the bridesmaid dresses at The Castle. The help I got was extremely helpful and catered to me as I chose the dresses. The associates are very friendly and more than willing to help. Definitely a great experience!

Sent on 06/04/2014

I knew what I wanted my wedding dress to look like, but couldn't find anything close at any store or online. I didn't even like them enough to try them on. Then, a friend told me about The castle. My mom and I drove from Charlotte, NC to Spartanburg, SC just to find a dress. We received help as soon as we walked in The Castle. I tried on one dress that was okay, then I spotted the clearance section! They just happened to have a gorgeous dress in my size and it was HALF PRICE!!! Everyone was so helpful and nice, and the whole process was virtually painless. (which is hard to find.) I highly recommend going here for bridal and prom!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Stephanie · Married on 12/28/2013

I looked in Atlanta, Asheville, NC , Greenville, SC, but found my dress in my hometown. I never thought they would have the selection they did for wedding dresses. The pricing is reasonable and the service is individual!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Salvatore · Married on 11/09/2013

Really went out their way to help, fantastic folks to work with. Will absolutely use them again!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Hannah · Married on 08/03/2013

Found my bridesmaid's dresses at The Castle! They were so helpful! They even helped my change my fabric so I could get the exact shade of champagne for my wedding. A great group of girls to work with!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Laura · Married on 11/03/2012

From the moment that I walked through the doors, all the ladies at The Castle made me feel special. I am so glad that I took my friends' recommendations of trying The Castle first. I was able to find the perfect dress, veil, and shoes. They even dyed my shoes the perfect shade of blue. I would recommend The Castle to everyone!

Sent on 10/07/2013
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 07/07/2012

I love my experience with The Castle. My dress was a discontinued design so I got it for 50% off and it fit just right so I didn't need any alterations. Robin was a pleasure to work with and I couldn't have been happier :)

Sent on 07/23/2012

Kelly · Married on 06/23/2012

I hate to give 5/5 stars on reviews because I worry that it doesn't appear honest- but The Castle is simply outstanding. The shop is owned by 2 sisters, and the one that helped me with my dress was fantastic; candid, sincere and very knowledgable. She picked the perfect veil and called me to follow up with a question about a change to my dress without being prompted. If you buy your gown the same day that you first try it on, there is a $100 discount, which is outstanding on top of the already reasonable prices. There are more dresses here than most stores in the area, with awesome service. I cannot speak highly enough of The Castle!

Sent on 09/18/2011

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2012

LOVE the ladies here! They were so helpful with me when shopping for my wedding dress. Planning a wedding in SC from a few states away has been a challenge and the ladies at The Castle have made everything so easy! The best place to look for a gown! They have a great selection of designer dresses at reasonable prices! Highly recommend shopping with them!!

Sent on 02/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 02/11/2012

I would never recommend another place in the Greenville-Spartanburg area to a bride other than The Castle. They offer an excellent selection at a great price. The greatest benefit of shopping here however, is their staff. The girls are so down to earth and will always give you an honest opinion. You instantly feel at ease when you walk in. My family has purchased 6 prom dresses, 2 wedding dresses, and 2 sets of bridesmaids dresses from this shop. And we have never had one single problem!!! Everyone at the wedding thought my dress was purchased at a speciality/pricey bridal boutique in Atlanta or Charlotte, but I only had to travel 30 minutes to Spartanburg to find the perfect dress. Thanks ladies!

Sent on 02/14/2012

Tasha · Married on 07/09/2011

nothing like trying on princess dresses in a castle to make you feel like a queen!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Monica · Married on 06/04/2011

We had known Robyn for years because that where we got our prom dresses and my sisters wedding dress. We trust her because we know she will make things right if something happens to be wrong- which doesn't happen often if at all. She is very involved at the very beginning and has great knowledge of the industry. They have tons of different styles and colors of wedding and bridesmaids dresses and shoes. Only problem is they don't do alterations in house but they do recommend a place that's ok.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/24/2010

The Castle was the first place I went to look for a wedding dress. I searched all over the Upstate, and ended up right back where I started. Although bridal megastores may have more to choose from, I found the dresses at The Castle to be a carefully chosen, well edited selection, and the gowns were more unique than what you'd find at the larger stores. Their prices are very fair for what they sell - there may be less expensive dresses out there, but they tend to feel cheap and are poorly constructed. The Castle seemed to have the best blend of high quality gowns at prices that I was able to afford. I also liked that the store was family-owned, and enjoyed the service I received from each and every person I came into contact with. I received so many compliments on my dress, and it was one of my favorite elements of the wedding day.

Sent on 08/13/2011