The Carvery Catering Reviews

12 | Redwood City, CA

12 Reviews for The Carvery Catering

Kellie · Married on 06/09/2018

Very professional and kind to all guests! Olivia was attentive and helpful through the entire planning process. The Carvery not only took care of our food, but also coordinated all our rentals. Day of coordinator and assistive staff were all organized, familiar with our venue, friendly and ran the event smoothly from start to finish. We would definitely recommend the Carvery to future couple's.

Julia · Married on 06/02/2018

We had an amazing experience with The Carvery! Guests told us how great the food was, how on top of everything the staff was, and how wonderfully it all came together. Olivia Lee and her team were outstanding. They didn't just provide the food, they made our whole wedding go smoothly from start to finish. Olivia basically worked as a day-of coordinator, and thank goodness we had her! It made me so much less stressed on the day to know that she was taking care of everything. The rest of the staff (so sorry I didn't catch names!) were also amazing! So on top of things, friendly, smiling, welcoming, and just wonderful people. I am SO glad we went with The Carvery for our wedding. Not only was it one of the least costly options in the bay, the service and food were outstanding. You can't beat a BBQ going at your wedding! Highly, highly recommended! Thank you again!

Laura · Married on 04/09/2016

We worked with several people at The Carvery throughout the wedding planning process and all were wonderful. They provided warm hand-offs during transitions, were incredibly responsive and always had all of my information in front of them when we talked. To be perfectly honest, we chose this vendor based on price, the large selection of dishes, and knowing that the quantity of food would not be lacking. What we were not expecting was for guests to be raving about the food, and they did! The roasted potatoes... I could eat them every day for the rest of my life.

Not only was the food great, the service was really outstanding. Also the transparent pricing was such a relief after looking at so many other caterers in the area who would publish their meal prices but leave out that you also have to pay extra for real forks and knives! The Carvery covered everything and even worked out a few extra rentals that really helped us out. Some other highlights:

- When she found out we were meeting with the park ranger at our venue, Amanda drove out to meet us there and go over venue logistics on-site. With less then 24 hours notice. Amazing.
    - Hristo was checking the weather hourly for us, and calling me with updates and to check our plans. He also took care of some last minute changes with no problems, and was just a lovely and assuring person.
    - Ken, the on-site manager for the reception was simply the best. From making sure that my husband and I got served first (who actually gets to eat at their own wedding?!), to moving tables at a moments notice, to setting out our dessert unprompted (we had brought our own), opening and setting out wine bottles provided by a guest, and taking care of a million other tiny details that I had not expected, he and his staff were really incredible.

I had a wonderful experience overall with The Carvey and would absolutely recommend them for fantastic service, and providing a large amount of guests with a really nice meal.

Carrie · Married on 05/11/2013

Our wedding was May 11, 2013 and we chose to use The Carvery for both quality of food, quantity of options, and affordability. Valerie was beyond helpful and quick to respond to all our needs and changes. She was also very proactive and did a lot of followup with us just confirming and clarifying if there was anything that needed to be clarified or confirmed.

We went with the Chuck Wagon BBQ option and it was AMAZING!! We had a country-themed wedding and the food made the reception! Everyone (days later) is still raving about the food and how great it was. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome using The Carvery. We've been to weddings where it was $40 to $80 a person and the food was disgusting. With The Carvery, people went for seconds and were beyond full and happy! The Texas chili was a hit as well!

Another amazing quality about The Carvery is their compassion. Compassion in food? Yes, there's such a thing. For about a month and a half before our wedding (and during), I was beyond sick and couldn't eat much so they let me refrigerate it on site and take it home to enjoy the next day! I couldn't have asked for anything more.

All in all, we had an amazing experience with The Carvery and are so glad we chose them to cater our wedding. We would DEFINITELY recommend The Carvery to anyone hosting a huge event or even a small event. THANKS TO THE CARVERY!!

The Carvery Catering catered my wedding on May 11th of 2013. If I could give Valerie and the Carvery Catering team more stars, I would. I think Valerie and I exchanged over 49235 e-mails over the course of my 1 year engagement. She was prompt with her replies and answered every single one of my endless supply of questions. She went above and beyond to make sure I could get my linens ahead of schedule, and worked with me to help set up a tear down decor. She helped with so many other aspects of the wedding, not just the food.

Out of all of my vendors, Valerie and The Carvery were definitely my favorite to work with, not to mention the food was DELICIOUS and ridiculously affordable. The tasting was free and we got to take home all leftovers and a few cookies as well. On the day of my wedding, I had nothing to worry about because I had so much confidence in the team!

Thank you for putting me at ease, everyone loved the food!

Justine · Married on 04/06/2013

Carvery Catering was such a breath of fresh air! I do catering regularly for my job and The Carvery was not only excellent food, but an excellent price. Valerie was very professional and offered solutions for every bump along the way. After the wedding, we had so many calls and emails telling us that the food was excellent, had a lot of different options and wasn't your typical dry piece of wedding chicken. I couldn't be happier with our decision and have already recommended them to a friend getting married in the area!

Lindsay · Married on 02/15/2015

We found a great value in The Carvery Catering. We had so much good food, hand carved meats and very professional staff. I couldn't find any other caterer that could beat their price for high-quality, full-service catering. And I was so happy they were willing to come to Tracy for our wedding.

• Erica

Erica · Married on 10/26/2018

Great Food and Service

We were pleasantly surprised with how good their food was at our tasting. I gave 4/5 stars for responsiveness only because our original contact left the company so it took a couple emails to get a response. But once we heard from Rosa everything went smoothly. She worked with our venue on linens and was very polite, professional, and answered all my questions. The servers at the wedding were amazing, and everyone raved about the food. We were very happy with the food and their service.

Hannah · Married on 04/01/2013

The carvery catering provided a day of ease for my husband, my guests and I at our April wedding. Our guests raved about our buffet dinner. Valerie and her team provided a stress free day because I knew everything was taken care of and it was going to be just the way I liked it. You will not get better value anywhere else.

Margaret · Married on 11/05/2016

3.0

The carvery provided delicious food at our wedding, and was reasonably priced. We went with the buffet option and chose to have the actual carvery (a man standing carving meat fresh for the guests). The food was hot and very tasty. We also had them serving passed appetizers during our cocktail hour, which our guests were very impressed with. They were a little slow in responses at times, but the final outcome was amazing. We got great service for the price.

Em · Married on 08/19/2016

2.4
      1.0

I have mixed feelings about the Carvery Catering. Before we paid them they answered our emails promptly, provided a delicious tasting, and answered all of our questions. After we signed the contract we would wait 2 weeks for an email response. I once called to say I wanted to affirm the time they would arrive at my venue and I was told I was being rude expecting to be waited on and that I'd be helped as my wedding got closer. I had to remind them my wedding was only 3 weeks away. Eventually the manager I'd been dealing with was either let go or demoted and the new one seemed much more professional and our wedding day went smoothly.