The Cardinal's Nest Reviews

44 Reviews for The Cardinal's Nest

• Sarah

Sarah Copeland · Married on 09/13/2020

Beautiful, rustic wedding experience

My husband and I got married at the Cardinal's Nest in September, and we were both so happy with the entire experience! The venue itself is beautiful and rustic, and was the perfect setting for our wedding. Monica, the owner, was accommodating and so incredibly helpful in our wedding going off without a hitch. She does so much behind the scenes to make everything perfect! The day of our wedding, she set up everything beautifully, and made sure every detail was just right. I would highly recommend the Cardinal's Nest if you want an absolutely gorgeous setting for your wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2020

Sydney · Married on 09/05/2020

Absolutely breathtaking! The venue was a dream!

Monica was absolutely amazing with helping make my day perfect! I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Kasey Wilder · Married on 08/29/2020

My day was made with this venue!

I can't say enough good about this place. Aside from the venue grounds being absolutely breathtaking, Monica is a WONDERFUL coordinator and owner, her husband, Stan, as well. I am so thankful we chose The Cardinals Nest as our venue. Monica has basically everything you could need or want décor wise and the two cabins on the grounds are perfect for day of prep. The grounds, décor, and professionalism for the value are exceptional. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/29/2020

Korrey Thornton · Married on 06/26/2020

Fab! 1000%

The Cardinals Nest went above and beyond my expectations! Our day went completely perfect and smooth because of the fab owner! Loved it!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Katelynn

Katelynn Julia Sobota-Garcia · Married on 10/19/2019

The whole package

I don't think my husband and I could've picked a better venue. Monica and her husband are so incredibly helpful on top of the beautiful location. We didn't have a wedding planner so she went out of her way to answer all of our questions and help us make sure everything was done. The nearby cabins are gorgeous, they were decorated and smelled nice. Plenty of room to get ready. Tons of places to take pictures and an on site bathroom. I cannot say enough good things about this venue. (All photos are credited to Sam Bond Photography)

Sent on 10/28/2019

Paige Lee · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding Venue/wedding coordinator

The Cardinal's Nest was the most perfect, beautiful, and stress-free venue we could have imagined! From the convenience of staying on site with our parties the night before, to all of the little details that Monica thought of, it couldn't have gone any better! I highly recommend this venue to every engaged couple, and definitley have Monica as your coordinator, she was wonderful!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Chelsey

Chelsey Earley · Married on 10/05/2019

10/10!!! Monica makes your wedding day the easiest day of your life and she is SO sweet, fun and down to earth. She makes the day about YOU!!

Amazing. Incredible. I have no words to truly describe what my wedding day was like— Although perfect comes to mind. The cardinals nest is a dream. Monica is an angel and your experience will be one you never forget! If I could do it all over again, I’d pick this venue time and time again. The handmade tables, the GORGEOUS outdoor pavilion, the tent and ALL the lights at night are just incredible. Do yourself a favor and get married here, I promise you won’t regret it. :-) happy marriage to you!

-Mrs. Chelsey Earley

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Macy

Macy · Married on 09/28/2019

Highly recommend

The Cardinal’s Nest is absolutely beautiful. Monica is absolutely wonderful and made sure that our wedding was nothing short of perfect! I cannot thank her enough for everything she did for our wedding!!! Highly recommend her and the Cardinal’s Nest.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Samantha · Married on 08/24/2019

We could not have asked for a better day!

Monica and Stan are absolutely the sweetest individuals and make sure everything for your big day is exactly how you want it. Between the beautiful and spacious grounds of the venue to the extraordinary service The Cardinals Nest is the perfect Smokey Mountain venue.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • JoAnn

JoAnn Johnston · Married on 08/04/2019

Cardinal's Nest is All-Inclusive for a Worry-Free Wedding!

Monica was wonderful. Not only was her property gorgeous and included ceremony space and reception tent, as well as cabins for groomsmen and bridesmaids to get ready, but she also did all the decorations for us and was cheerful and helpful the entire time. Monica was our one-stop-shop for everything we needed the day off. She's truly the best and made our day go incredibly smoothly. Get married at The Cardinal's Nest!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/27/2019

Pictures don't do it justice

This venue has it all. The set up is amazing, the owners are amazing, and everything that is included is amazing.
    I was planning my wedding from out of the country. Monica did a video walk-through with me so I could see the space since I wasn't able to view it in person. She was very quick to respond to any questions, but I really had very few questions because she covers everything. She also recommended some amazing vendors who also went above and beyond my expectations.
    I cannot stress enough how amazing my whole experience was.

Sent on 08/24/2019

Courtney · Married on 06/29/2019

Everything we imagined and more!

We can't say enough about how much we loved the entire experience with Monica & this venue. It was the only venue we visited nearly a year before the wedding because we were BLOWN AWAY by how beautiful the grounds and the ceremony space were. The onsite cabins were so fun to get ready in and have to ourselves that day. Having the option to have our wedding party there the night before the wedding and getting to spend the time with them was irreplaceable. The chapel is stunning and there are so many photo opportunities. My guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was. Monica & her husband went above and beyond to ensure we had the best day. We could tell they truly cared and boy does it show. Everything was perfect and provided memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Erica A · Married on 06/22/2019

A perfect experience from rehearsal dinner to clean up!

I was a day-of coordinator for two friends of mine and got to work side-by-side with Monica and her staff. They went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure that the bride and groom’s day was everything that they had envisioned and more. She even helped me fix dinner plates for the bride and groom after they were already seated at their sweetheart table and I had forgotten! Yes, we did jump in front of the wedding party (with their permission, of course) but we got them taken care of. The venue was beautiful and had so much to offer! And I really can’t say enough about what a wonderful experience all of us who were intimately involved with the wedding had. 5 stars!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Carina · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect June Wedding

Where do I begin?! From the moment I stepped onto the property I was amazed by it's stunning scenery. I was looking for an outdoor wedding venue that had an indoor option. You get the best of both with the Cardinal's Nest. The outdoor pavilion is STUNNING! Our wedding was June 22nd and it was a HOT HOT HOT day. However, with the three fans in the pavilion, I didn't even notice the heat. Monica, the venue owner and her husband went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything we dreamed of. This venue has EVERYTHING you need already. The only things I rented were napkins and a few high top tables. That's it! The cabins on site were perfect to get ready in and relax. If you're looking for an outdoor wedding but don't want to worry about "what if it rains" this is your venue! It rained all day and I had no worries about it. All of our guests complimented the grounds. There are so many beautiful picture opportunities. We actually ended up flipping the pavilion after the ceremony because I wanted the DJ and dancing there too and Monica had no issues with this. There is a tent onsite with beautiful tables and a great set up that we had dinner in but I just loved the pavilion so much that I wanted most of our photos there. I honestly can't say enough about this venue, Monica and her husband! 5 STARS!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Orick · Married on 06/15/2019

The most amazing place and people!

If you’re waiting for some sort of sign before pulling the trigger on booking The Cardinal’s Nest for your wedding, here it is: YOU NEED TO GET MARRIED HERE! You can tell from the pictures that it is beautiful, but that’s not even the best part of the place. Monica, the venue owner and coordinator, was truly a blessing for our wedding. She was extremely helpful in recommending vendors that she had worked with before. She also was so generous and let my husband’s family come look at the venue after we had booked. Monica helped run the rehearsal and was a huge reason we had a smooth and beautiful wedding! Her husband, Stan, also was so kind and helped us so much. I could not have dreamed for a more perfect place and more perfect people to be so involved with my wedding day.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • W

Wood Oven Eats Catering · Married on 06/09/2019

Fantastic venue in the Smokies

WOW! The facilities, grounds and staff of this venue are fantastic. The facilities look new and are well maintained. The staff is warm and welcoming, and easy to work with. The restrooms are clean, climate controlled, and have designer details.

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/01/2019

The Perfect Venue!

Amazing!!! I honestly don’t know where to even begin! If I could give the venue more than 5 stars I definitely would!! My husband and I got married at the Cardinal’s Nest the first weekend in June and were blown away by the overall experience! The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of staff, atmosphere, scenery, and overall experience. If you want unsurpassed beauty, open spaces and nature, this is your spot! When my husband and I first went to view the venue we immediately fell in love and knew it was the perfect place for us!! Monica and her husband were phenomenal and made our wedding day everything we could have wanted and more! They went above and beyond and made sure that everything was absolutely perfect! Monica was great with communicating about our wedding from the moment we booked the venue all the way up to our wedding day. The venue was so beautiful and everything we could have wanted for our wedding. We absolutely loved the pavilion where we had the ceremony and the huge tent where the reception was held was beautiful. The venue played a huge part in the success of our weekend and the amount of our guests who are still talking about the venue is testament to that! Choosing the Cardinal’s Nest was by far the best decision we made and would highly recommend it to anyone!

There were also two cabins on the property that we were able to use and they were perfect! The night before our wedding I stayed in one cabin with my bridesmaids and my husband stayed in the other with his groomsmen and the night of the wedding my husband and I stayed in the bridal cabin! The cabins were spacious, had a full kitchen, two bedrooms and bathrooms, and plenty of natural light when getting ready. Both cabins also had hot tubs, which was a plus! Having the cabins on the property was an added bonus and super convenient!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Cassady · Married on 05/25/2019

The. Best. Ever!

I don’t think we could have chosen a better venue to get married at! Monica and her husband worked hard to make sure the day was everything we wanted and more. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful the grounds were. We would definitely choose the Cardinal’s Nest over and over again!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 05/11/2019

An Amazing Outdoor Venue!

Monica and her husband did an amazing job putting the venue together. The decorations and the location is beautiful. Monica went above and beyond to help make my day feel special and perfect. She answered all the questions I had and was very helpful when I had no idea what I was doing. She’s professional, organized, and efficient. I couldn’t have chosen anyone better to work with!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Taylor · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing! An absolute dream ❤️

I cannot say enough great things about The Cardinals Nest! Monica worked so hard to work with us to make sure that our special day was fantastic! If you want to have a spectacular outdoor wedding then this is the place! ❤️

Sent on 04/29/2019

Liz Marsh · Married on 04/27/2019

“The Dreamiest Venue for Our Wedding”

The Cardinals nest was truly the most divine venue for my husband and my wedding. The grounds are well kept and beautiful and the open chapel is absolutely wonderful-rain or shine. Monica was so helpful the whole time and made sure everything was flowing nicely. If you are interested in having a magical indoor outdoor wedding, this is the place to do it!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Christina Hess-Hawkins · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing wedding venue

We could not have had a better experience with The Cardinals Nest. Monica Fox the owner is spectacular. She was so helpful in so many ways. The amenities were perfect. The setting is beautiful and even though it's an outside Venue it still works in the rain🙂 your ceremony is covered and so is your reception. I highly recommend this Venue in every way. Thank you again for everything!

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Hess · Married on 04/20/2019

Wedding (4/20/19)

Hands down best experience I could have asked for! Monica made our day run as smoothly as we could have hoped, despite some unfavorable weather - she has these weddings down to a science! You won’t find better, hardworking, more honest people than you do here!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 04/13/2019

The Perfect Day

Monica and her husband have created a space where dreams come alive. The open concept chapel is so unique and elegant. If you are a bride on a budget this place is perfect, because it’s beautiful even without all the decor and florals. The beautiful hand crafted wood tables in the reception area are showstoppers. And when the sun goes down the venue comes alive, with twinkling lights and an awesome fire pit for guest to enjoy. But even after the wedding is over and all the guest are gone, your day doesn’t have to end. Getting to spend the night in the cabin on the property after the wedding is the perfect end to the day. This is your venue. Whatever your theme or dream, Monica will help make it come alive.

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Tabitha

Tabitha · Married on 12/29/2018

Absolutely perfect

Where to start, Monica and Stan were more than helpful with everything we needed, they were always running and doing things to make my wedding as amazing as it ever could have been! They are very flexible with alterations to the venue and they were nothing less then sweet and caring for our families and us! I highly highly recommend The Cardnails Nest to any couple planning a wedding, we loved ours and you will too!

Sent on 12/31/2018