The Capital City Club Reviews

13 | Columbia, SC

13 Reviews for The Capital City Club

Vittoria · Married on 11/04/2017

The Capital City Club was amazing! Mikaela was very responsive and helpful in answering our questions. The ballroom was beautiful, and our guests raved about the food and the view!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Josh · Married on 10/21/2017

We want to send our most sincere thanks to you and the entire crew that helped us celebrate Josh and Margaret’s Wedding. The Rehearsal Dinner was the first time the two families came together as one and the Capital City Club of Columbia created an impressive environment. All who attended loved the food and the atmosphere your club provided. I bragged several times that “we hire only the best” and that “our Chef was rated one of South Carolina’s top Chefs".

Please pass my thanks to the staff, the bartender, and the crew who waited on us with great attention to detail…they were always there at the right time and seem to know just what we needed. They made us all feel so special!!!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Tony · Married on 10/21/2017

We want to send our most sincere thanks to the Capital City Club of Columbia and their entire crew that helped us celebrate Josh and Margaret’s Wedding. The Rehearsal Dinner was the first time the two families came together as one and the Capital City Club of Columbia created an impressive environment. All who attended loved the food and the atmosphere your club provided. I bragged several times that “we hire only the best” and that “our Chef was rated one of South Carolina’s top Chefs".

//Signed//Father of the Groom

Sent on 11/01/2017

Muthoka · Married on 08/06/2017

Mikaela Freeman, Private Event Director at Capital City Club, was simply amazing!! She was incredibly helpful to us in all aspects of the wedding preparation. We had both the ceremony (mezzanine level) and reception (Governor's Ballroom) -- both were terrific areas for these events. My wife and bridesmaids were able to use the Bridal Suite to have their hair, make-up done and to dress for the wedding. The food was delicious. Everyone was so kind and helpful to us. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone -- very elegant venue indeed!!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Karen · Married on 06/09/2017

Mikaela and all of her staff did an excellent job of making our rehearsal dinner a huge success! The whole staff was professional, friendly and helpful! The wait staff that worked our event was outstanding! I would highly recommend CCC!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Corina · Married on 04/08/2017

This was a beautiful place for a wedding and reception! Everything went smoothly and our guests had a wonderful time! Close contact with the event director and a lot of options to meet individual needs. My wedding was a dream come true and it was worth every penny!

Sent on 06/14/2017
  • Barbara

Barbara · Married on 06/18/2016

Everyone at Capital City Club was simply amazing! My Wedding Planner organized everything with them and they realized exactly what we had on mind. The cocktail aperitiv food was presented exactly as we wanted, the cocktails were delicious and the formal seated dinner was simply perfect. High quality food, presented in the best way and served in a classy way. I would recommend this venue to any bride who is looking for a high quality venue with an outstanding view over the town! ...PS: we went again for a romantic dinner also yesterday night!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Alicia · Married on 07/25/2015

If I ever renew my vows - I will celebrate and do so at the Capital City Club. As a member of the club, I enjoy every moment I spend at the Capital City Club whether I am there for lunch, dinner, mixers, events or just to relax. My 50th birthday party was an event to remember for the rest of my life simply because I chose the Capital City Club to host this milestone in my life. To any bride looking to have a wedding of a lifetime, the Capital City Club offers the full package - great food, wonderful and attentive staff and servers, the atmosphere of superstars and memories of a lifetime. The memory of your wedding or party will be worth every dime spent. Many thanks to the Capital City Club for making my day PERFECT!!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Michael · Married on 05/27/2015

The Capital City Club was a fabulous reception venue. Our guests enjoyed the beautiful views of the city and the spacious room for food, mingling, and dancing. Each server made sure my new wife and I had food/drinks if we wanted them. I would recommend this location to anyone in the Columbia area!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Margaret · Married on 05/31/2014

The Capital City Club was a fabulous reception venue. Our guests enjoyed the beautiful views of the city and the spacious room for food, mingling, and dancing. Each server made sure my new husband and I had food/drinks if we wanted them. I would recommend this location to anyone in the Columbia area!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Amanda is exceptional! Professional and attentive, she is a real asset at Capital Club in Jackson. She is also sweet and always smiling. Answers all calls and emails very quickly. Loved working with her!! :-)

Sent on 06/18/2014

I am so excited for my wedding next year! We have picked the perfect menu and it has the perfect space! I cannot wait to look out on the view of Columbia with my new husband! CCC has done a great job with listening to what I want and making it happen! I cannot wait!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Meredith · Married on 03/05/2016

0.4
      0.5

I would not recommend this venue for an event as special as a wedding/reception/rehearsal dinner. There seems to be quite a bit of miscommunication between various members of their staff. We had discussed specifics with the event coordinator however she was not present at our event and the rest of the staff was unaware of any of these details. Food was quite mediocre (appetizers were cold, entrees were very bland and not what we had chosen at our meeting, etc.) and the staff was unnecessarily rude. We had been very excited to use this venue as the majority of our guests were visiting from out of state and we had hoped to share the best of Columbia with them but left sorely disappointed as did our family and friends. The view is quite nice as this is the tallest building in the city so I hope that they can improve their service and communication to make this an ideal location. I certainly would not wish our experience on anyone.

Sent on 03/09/2017