The Cannery Reviews

4.2 out of 5 rating

• Dalya
    Dalya S. Getting married on 09/23/2023

Excellent venue

Dave goes out of his way to accommodate your needs to ensure your wedding is exactly the wedding of your dreams. He is very personable and answers all questions asked. He has been extremely helpful during the planning process.
    Sydney A. Getting married on 05/06/2023

Wedding Tasting

We had a great time at our tasting today! We can’t wait until May!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Michele M. Married on 07/17/2021

Coordinator Danielle was fantastic

Danielle, the coordinator, and her team were fantastic. Danielle was right there helping to set up and made sure everything ran smoothly. We had a small issue with a vendor outside of Cannery and she was right there correcting it. At the end of the night, everything was packed up for us. She did an amazing job.

The chapel was set up very pretty. Danielle was in constant contact with the officiant and made sure everything was in place. The food at the reception was delicious and was served hot. There was a shuttle to take you back to your hotel at the end of the evening which was great.
  • Leah
    Leah P. Married on 06/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If you're looking for a unique and rustic venue, look no further.

The Cannery was the first venue we toured, and immediately knew it was the one for us. No explanation is needed about it - it's just absolutely stunning. The grounds are extremely well-kept, and the new outdoor patio bar and ceremony space were a huge plus! It was exactly what we were looking for, for our romantic-vibes wedding.

The Premier Wedding Events crew (Dave, Cindy, Barb, Joanne + many others) were so helpful and accomodating throughout all of the postponed dates. Dave worked with us from start to finish - was super honest the entire time about what we could expect with all of the mandates, and took the time to have detailed conversations with us. We were so anxious leading up to the day, but he was reassuring throughout it all, and it all worked out perfectly.

The rehearsal dinner at The Mason Jar matched our entire esthetic - the food was awesome, it was incredibly organized, and was the perfect kick-off to our wedding weekend.

The bridal suite that's upstairs in The Cannery looks like something out of a magazine. There's enough room and seating space for about 100 people - the different hair and makeup stations made everything so seamless the day of (and it made for the best pictures!) The Cannery itself does not need much, but the staff took my vision and absolutely executed it - I cried when I saw it for the first time all set up! The food was great, the bartenders were amazing and the shuttles were so helpful at the end of the night. Oh, and my friends still talk about how good the cupcakes were from The Bakehouse!

10/10 - would recommend this place over and over again. Thank you again, Dave and everyone there - you helped make our day amazing!
    Briana N. Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing venue

Just celebrated my wedding ceremony and reception at the Cannery. The chapel is adorable and cozy, and the reception space is amazing. I’ve gotten so many compliments on the space, the food, everything! If you’re interested, book fast!! The Cannery is busy (because it’s perfect)!
    Allion Married on 03/24/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We held CNY Mom Prom at The Cannery this year and absolutely loved the set up! We have always had CNY Mom Prom at Dibble’s Inn and are very thankful to work with Dave, Joanne, Pam, Barb, and Renee. Pam helped us in The Cannery this year and was very accommodating and full of great ideas to help us set up. I cannot say enough good things about her! The food was delicious, the desserts - cupcakes and brownies - were outstanding and the whole entire staff was so wonderful, polite, and full of smiles! Thank you so much for making our event the best we’ve had yet!
    Christine Married on 02/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    February 3rd was the day of our daughter Stephanie (Mesmer) Wigtons wedding. It was truly one of the best days ever! Annalee Stirpe our wedding coordinator made the wedding venue a “magical winter wonderland”. She helped us immensely with all of the special details to make our day so special. All of the decorations we brought in were placed exquisitely on each table and with the floating candles lit just made it all so warm and inviting. I cannot say enough about The Cannery. From the Hors d’oeuvres, to the champagne fountain and the frozen gelato. Let’s not forget the delicious food and baked goods. All of our guests were raving about it. Whether it was friends or family, they all had an absolutely wonderful time.

I recommend The Cannery for your next event. You will be amazed. The staff was exceptional might I add.

Thank you again! It was an awesome day!
    Jessica Married on 12/31/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    First of all, Penny is amazing. She was my assigned wedding coordinator and I couldn’t be more grateful. .I absolutely adore this woman and cannot say enough wonderful things about her.

Aside from Penny, working with Barb and Dave was fantastic. They’re such fun and kind hearted people. Dave was there the day of my wedding making sure everything was perfect. When planning a wedding ( and being a perfectionist) it’s so great to work with other perfectionists and that is exactly what Dave is. He made me feel so confident in his staff, the venue, and even a little better about the outside temperature (NEGATIVE 26 that night). He even made sure the outside fire pit was lit. It was a beautiful touch that was appreciated by many!

Six months later people are still talking to me about the food! The butternut squash raviolis are heaven! And the cauliflower gratin was my favorite. My dad, foods biggest critic loved the prime rib station! Just wait until your food tasting! It’s soooooo much fun! Go hungry because you certainly will leave with a full and happy stomach. The food was warm, delicious, and just beautifully prepared. The bartenders were so happy and just funny! All of the staff went above and beyond for us. I couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Our guests had a blast. And the champagne fountain was the icing on the cake!

Speaking of cake…. Makenzie, the pastry chef is just wonderful. We were able to customize our cake and cupcake flavors. Go to her with an idea, she’ll make it a reality.

I totally understand how big of a decision this is… I recommend Dave and his incredible staff Dibbles/The Cannery with my whole heart. This was the best day of my life and it wouldn’t have been possible without each and every one of them.
    Emily Married on 12/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were sold on the vision at Cannery even before it was completed! It was the perfect rustic venue for our winter wedding. Being able to get dressed in the salon, walk right down to the chapel, and then walk directly into the cocktail hour made our wedding day stress free! Holly, our coordinator executed our vision for decor perfectly, adding touches we didn't even know that we needed! She was always responsive, and made the whole weekend go flawlessly! It was like she could read our minds. The food was DELICIOUS, the venue was gorgeous, and the staff was amazing! Thank you again and again!
    Emily Nielsen & Jarett Stuart
    December 9, 2017
    Becky Married on 11/25/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dave was able to sell us on his vision for the Cannery before it was even close to being done! Everything he promised was delivered, from the shuttle services, to the admission to Lava at the Turning Stone, to the vendors within our budget! Holly was the BEST wedding coordinator we could have asked for! She knew exactly what we wanted, and executed our vision perfectly...something I as the bride was with OCD was a bit worried about! It was like she could read my mind. The additional touches she added were perfect as well. The wedding rehearsal, ceremony, and reception went flawlessly, and she had us completely at ease the entire time! Being able to just show up and pick up our belongings a few days later left us able to relax and enjoy our first day as newlyweds. I cannot say enough about how FABULOUS she is!
    Nicole Married on 11/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Cannery helped all of our dreams come true this past weekend! The food was delicious and the staff was wonderful! Thank you so much!!! Everything was perfect!
    Rachel Married on 11/05/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had the most perfect day thanks to the staff at The Cannery! Heard nothing but great things from the venue, to the dinner, the dj, dessert, late night pizza and the shuttle! Renee was so flexible and attentive to our vision! Highly highly recommend this place for any wedding!
    Laura Married on 09/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Absolutely fabulous venue! Holly and the rest of the Cannery staff did a fabulous job. Everything was spectacular! I highly recommend this new and stunning venue. From the beautiful fenced in grounds, walkways, fire pit, outside courtyard for ceremony and then mingling after, to the chapel being right there in case of rain.. The huge bridal salon to have hair and makeup done on site with mimosas was such an added bonus! Their wedding packages take the stress out of booking many different features, as they will do it all! I can't say enough about this "all inclusive" wedding venue!
    Laura Married on 09/16/2017
    Kristen Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding here on Saturday and it was beyond perfect! The venue is absolutely stunning, we had exceptional service and the food was delicious! Everyone is still raving how unique and beautiful it was. They keep stating it was one of the best weddings they have ever been too! We want to give a HUGE thank you to Joanne, Barb & Dave for helping us plan the best day of our lives. Everything was absolutely on point! Anything we needed you did, no questions asked! Thank you so incredibly much! We absolutely recommend this venue for your wedding day!!
    Nikita Married on 07/22/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We can't even begin to express both my love and gratitude for all of the Cannery staff! Dave, the owner, thank you for making this possible. Holly, our wedding coordinator, you were so sweet and helpful, thank you so much for making our day even better than we could have ever imagined! The cannery is the most gorgeous venue! I had compliments all night from friends and family, saying it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to! The food was awesome as well! Everything was perfect, highly recommended!!! ���
    Ashleigh Married on 07/15/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were married at The Cannery on July 15, 2017 and had our reception there as well!! The only way to describe the day is magical! Everything was perfect from start to finish. The venue is beautiful inside and out, the food was fantastic, and the servers were phenomenal. Our wedding coordinator, Joanne, was so calm and collected the entire evening. She helped to settle our nerves and made sure that everything ran smoothly. Dave, the owner, was involved from Day 1 and made sure that all of our requests were met. We did not hear one complaint from our guests and they are still talking about their wonderful experience!! Thank you so much for making our day so special!
    Ashleigh Married on 07/15/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Everything was perfect!! Our venue was actually The Cannery and we did not stop hearing compliments all night! From the food and service to the incredible decor both inside and outside. Joanne, our wedding coordinator, was so calm and collected all evening that it put both of us at ease. Words can not describe how over-the-moon ecstatic we were with our special day. Thank you!!
    Jen Married on 07/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This venue is unique and absolutely gorgeous. My guest did not stop raving about it. The staff was polite and accommodating. The food was amazing and well presented! (Yes, seafood boil!)
    Kait Married on 06/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cant thank you enough for your help with planning our beautiful wedding reception. (especially from Chicago). It was truly amazing and great to see how it came together! We had so much fun celebrating and wish it could have lasted longer! Please thank the chef , pastry chef, and all the other staff for their service!
    Sue Married on 06/17/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were excited to be invited to the soft opening of The Cannery by Maria MaCrina and we were not disappointed. Your new venue is beautiful and well planned out. The mixture of old and new is pleasing to the eye and no detail was overlooked. The food was excellent; the staff considerate and well trained. The chapel is charming and he terrace complete with a fire pit inviting. We had a lovely evening and have spread the word!
    Erica I. Married on 09/23/2022
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Danielle is amazing!!

I had my wedding at the cannery 9/23/22. My husband and I had the best experience here. It was a very stress free day. The flowers were AMAZING, the staff was so sweet, the bartenders and servers were friendly, and my wedding coordinator Danielle was GODSEND. I got mud on my dress during my first look and this woman got on the ground with a Tide stick and cleaned my train before I walked down the aisle. She’s so wonderful and so attentive to everything. I really can’t say enough about her organization and patience!! The food and cupcakes were delicious. I had multiple guests tell me it was the best wedding food they’ve had. I highly recommend the chicken cordon bleu and raviolis. I personally went with an outside DJ out of my preference (shout out to Kenny the Promo Guy). Kenny truly made the night a blast and was so easy to work with. I went through The Cannery’s services for everything else: food, florals, cake, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, and preferred photographer. The shuttle services at the end of the night we’re smooth and easy! I will say it was tough at times getting in touch with the staff in the beginning, but once you’re about 6-8 weeks out the coordinator takes over and is very attentive and answer all questions promptly!!!
  • Aileen
    Aileen Married on 10/13/2018
    4.6 out of 5 rating

very happy with our day

The Cannery was a beautiful venue for our wedding day. I was nervous as our wedding date approached because I am a planner and wanted all details set far in advance, and we did not hear from the venue until about just over a month out, but Holly, our coordinator was amazing. She had every detail down and made sure everything was perfect for our day. The value of everything included in the package we picks was amazing and made planning leading up to the wedding so stress free. Our guests raved about the food, and we wish we had eaten more because it was so good (we were just so busy having a great time)!
    Natalie Married on 07/28/2018
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We loved every second of our wedding. From the atmosphere to the execution everything was amazing. I love the packaging that The Cannery has- it was the main reason we went with this venue. There is no guess work about extra fees, everything is presented to you as a price per person. I loved how the cake was included (and Mackenzie is a great pastry chef!), the late night pizza and the open bar along with the meal. It made everything so much easier knowing this. The bridal suite is a thing of Pinterest dreams and I loved getting ready in that space for hours before the wedding, it put me in such a calm and happy mood. I received so many compliments on The Cannery as a venue and how beautiful it is from the chapel, to the inside reception room to the outside fire pit. I would recommend this place to anyone.
illustration stars