146 Reviews for The Camera Chick

Proofs (2)
Destination / Travel (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
143 The Camera Chick Reviews

Every single thing about the process with Sandy and Tim was simply amazing and effortless! They are true professionals and go above and beyond for all of their clients. I have been working with them for 7 years for photos of my daughter and was thrilled to secure them to capture my wedding day! The planning process was simple- they give you a form and they literally cover every SINGLE item you can imagine. Fill it out, send it back. EASY. They also talk to the other vendors and truly know what the timeline is the day of the event. I never had to find them to take an important photo, they were always there! It was a fabulous day and I am so glad I got to spend all of it with them!!! This is all in addition to how completely & ridiculously talented they are! If you haven't hired them yet, do NOT delay! Talent this rare and awesome isn't found in everyone!

Profile Picture Kristin , 9/15/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter

We love Sandy and Tim so much, that we referred them to our friends that are getting married this year! They are both so down to earth and easy to work with. They were amazing on the day of our wedding, they guided us through every part of the day and they truly did capture every moment. They were patient and understanding when little bits of wedding day chaos ensued, and they helped keep us on schedule throughout the busy day. They even noticed some spur of the moment photo opportunities that were unexpected but turned out more beautiful than we could have imagined! They went above and beyond what we could have expected from them, and we hope to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter

Sandy and Tim are not only amazing photographers but they are amazing people! I never actually met Sandy until a few hours before our ceremony. I was so nervous already and when I walked into Meadow Brook Hall she was standing there waiting for me and with a huge smile and even bigger hug hello. Right then I started to relax! It was like I knew her forever she was so kind and you could tell she was comfortable and excited which made be start to feel that way too! She made my girls and I laugh the whole time taking pictures and I heard Tim was the same way with the guys. After the ceremony when we took pictures as a whole group I didn't know what to expect but it was even more fun! They had us having so much fun you can even see it in the pictures, especially in our "boy band" picture!! Lol They did such an amazing job and I can't even put it in words how wonderful everything turned out! I'm serious there isn't a picture in all of them that I don't just love! I have already told couples to hire them for their weddings and I know we will be calling them once we have a baby! I wouldn't want anyone else taking newborn pictures! Sandy and Tim I know I have told you many times but you guys are so amazing! Thank you for making us feel like family the whole day!! We love you!! :) :)

Profile Picture Kara, 2/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Love love love Sandy and Tim! Not only were we super impressed with their work when we first met them at their studio in Troy, but they are such an upbeat, energetic couple that you want to spend your wedding day with them. We did an engagement session with them at Ford Field and then our wedding photos all over downtown Pontiac and had such a great time. Even my brother in law last night said he can't wait to see the photos based on all of the cool spots we were able to shoot at, and the great ideas and angles they had.

You're crazy to pass them up. Absolutely crazy.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 12/17/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Sandy and Tim were the best photographer duo my husband and I could've asked for! From the moment we met them at our engagement shoot until the moment they left on our wedding night, they were nothing short of professional, fun, and intuitive. They molded with our wedding party and families so well and made it feel like we've known them for years. Everyone in our pictures has a true smile because Sandy and Tim know how to ease nerves (some people hate getting their pictures taken!) and make everyone laugh and feel comfortable. I honestly contribute a huge part of my dream wedding day to having these two by my side the whole time. They have the bride and groom's best interests at heart, and went above and beyond the call of just being our photographers to helping the day move smoothly, with as little hiccups and stress as possible. I will continue to use these two for all of my future photography needs and will recommend them until I'm blue in the face to all of my family and friends! THANK YOU BOTH! You two rock!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

There is a lot of stress when looking for your wedding photographer. Where do you begin searching? I happened to stumble upon Detroit A-List and found them there, top photographer in Detroit. I decided to reach out and email them, and I’m so glad I did. Correspondence was prompt and informative, giving all the details and prices for their services. We set up a date to meet them at their Troy studio and was blown away. From the moment we met Sandy and Tim we had instant chemistry, which showed immense promise considering how important the task we trusted them with. Our meeting went so smoothly, not only were we talking about our ideas and visions for our wedding, we also found ourselves catching up as if we’ve been old friends. That's the kind of chemistry and click you want when choosing your wedding photographer. Fast forward to the wedding day, they were prompt to set up and get things moving. Not only taking stunning photos, they even helped the groomsmen put on their boutonnieres. How thoughtful and helpful! They seemed to capture every moment beautifully. We just received our photos and are extremely pleased with the shots they’ve taken, it was very nice having 2 photographers with different perspectives throughout our big day. Thank you so much Sandy and Tim for all of your hard work, you have beyond exceeded our expectations. I cannot wait to frame these gorgeous photographs!

Candace Augenstein

Profile Picture Candace, 10/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you are getting married and are looking for a photographer, look no further! Sandy and Tim were absolutely amazing to work with. We had met them at a family member's wedding and when my husband and I got engaged they were the first vendors we wanted to secure (and they travel too which was great for us being in West Michigan). I had compiled a pretty long list of sample pictures and family combinations I wanted for the wedding (knowing it was probably too many, blame Pinterest...) but Sandy and Tim did a wonderful job getting all the pictures I really wanted. We got our preview pictures when we returned from our honeymoon and we were blown away! I would (and definitely will) recommend The Camera Chick to anyone getting married in Michigan!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

You'll have no regrets using The Camera Chick to capture your "big day". Honestly, Sandy and Tim are amazing to work with. It was as if they had been our friends for years the way they were able to interact with not only us but our bridal party as well. They were patient with our large group all day and really captured moments during the entire day I didn't think would be possible to get. It was as if the 2 of them were able to be in 10 places at once. And they work so perfectly together as a team. I honestly can't say enough about the perfect job Sandy and Tim did.

Profile Picture Steve, 7/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sandy and Tim were so great to work with!! Probably the best choice we made for our wedding! They were so nice and friendly, and made sure not to miss a moment that day! The pictures I have seen so far are incredible! They are great photographers and you cannot go wrong booking them!! :):)

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sandy and Tim were absolutely AMAZING to work with! My cousin had used them for their wedding a few years ago and once I saw their pictures I knew that when we got married we had to have them. They made our whole wedding party comfortable, even though we had a few that don't like getting their picture taken. By the end of the day, we were so sad to see them go. It's like they were more our friends than photographers. From what I've seen from our sneak peek so far, I am blown away by how amazing the photos are...but that was to be expected when you hire The Camera Chick! Their work is simply stunning and I think we have found our family photographer :)

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/11/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot

Working with Sandy and Tim was so fun. My husband and I are not big picture people (meaning we hate having our pictures taken, not actual pictures). Sandy and Tim made the whole picture part of our day fun and easy. They are creative, organized and have the ability to arrange large groups of people in a shockingly quick manner :) We had many of our guests and wedding party comment about how awesome they are, and we couldn't agree more. The pictures we have seen are amazing - so beautiful and so fun. So thankful they were a part of our day.

Profile Picture Jen, 10/31/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I could share several stories about how The Camera Chick made my wedding a day to remember, but for everyone's sanity, I'll limit myself to one. I arrived late for our meeting and felt absolutely frazzled. Sandy and Tim rolled with my crazy, introduced themselves, and got right down to business once I gathered my dress and accessories, allowing me to eat and de-stress before putting on my gown and starting the day in earnest. It's difficult to express how much I needed those moments of calm and how much I appreciated that time to breathe. They helped set the pace of what could have been a panicked, whirlwind day, and instead of feeling overwhelmed, I actually got to *experience* my wedding day.

The photo shoots were so much fun. I'm a bit of a ham, so I expected to love them, and I was happy to learn that my more introverted husband loved them, too - proof positive that Sandy and Tim can work with any personality type. Sandy and Tim were mindful of our shot list and our "vision" for the day, and they captured it all perfectly on film. The photos I've seen are beautiful, creative, unique, and absolutely stunning. No question about it: I would hire The Camera Chick again in an instant!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/5/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Proofs

Our pictures are still a work in progress (it's been less than a week since our wedding), but as far as the 'day of' Sandy and Tim hit it out of the park. First, they arrived wearing our wedding colors, which speaks to their attention to detail! Immediately I was at ease with them, and by the end of the evening it felt more like they were friends than hired photographers. I was sad to see them leave!

We did many of the wedding party and family photos before the ceremony, which I highly recommend if you intend to enjoy your reception. As we were planning the preceremony photo session my husband was concerned that the 'first look' photos would feel hooky - as it was Tim and Sandy put him at ease and it was a very special experience for him.

Throughout the evening, Sandy was like a bridesmaid, best friend and outside observer rolled into one - she helped me with wardrobe tape when I was dressing, chased me around with bobby pins toward the end of the evening when my hair started to fall, and with Tim's help kept order in the sweetest way as we attempted to get through our shot list. By the end of the night we had photos will all our guests without feeling as if even a fraction of the night was spent posing for the camera.

I am so excited to see our photos - Sandy and Tim were so creative (while still being down to earth) that I have no doubt we'll find at least a few to treasure always.

Profile Picture User5420970, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sandy & Tim were absolutely incredible! The second I saw their pictures online, I knew I HAD to book them. Our engagement photos turned out amazing and looked great on our Save the Dates. Now fast forward to a few months before the wedding. Sandy was helpful and responsive as I filled out her shot list form. She was wonderful in helping me figure out a timeline that made sense. Sandy & Tim were amazing on our wedding day. They showed up on time & got right to it capturing every little moment from hair and makeup to the bridesmaids mingling and my mom helping me button my dress. Tim even went over to the church early to accommodate groom and groomsmen pictures! They were calm and organized during the craziness of group family pictures, which I greatly appreciated. We never strayed from our timeline for the day. Throughout the day, they were even more then photographers, helping me fluff my dress and hold umbrellas. Sandy & Tim were constantly making sure the groom and I got the shots we wanted and made us and our wedding party, family and friends feel so comfortable. They not only took my ideas and accommodated them, but also had a ton of their own. No two pictures were the same. Our sneak peaks turned out perfectly so I can only imagine how beautiful the rest of our wedding pictures will be. To all the brides-to-be...you MUST book The Camera Chick! You two rock! Thank you for making our big day a dream come true.

~Jessica & Alex Brideau (Wernette)

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

There are not words enough to describe the greatness that is Sandy and Tim. Let me put it this way: my husband and I flew them from Detroit to Washington, DC to shoot our wedding. It was so completely worth it. Our families were beyond impressed with Sandy and Tim's professionalism, talent, and efficiency at getting through the very long list of formal family photos we gave them. More than that, Sandy and Tim are superbly talented photographers. From formal photos, to faux candids, to real candids, the photos are stunning. And I can say that only a few days after my wedding because Sandy already posted more than a dozen pictures on her blog! Add to that that Sandy and Tim are both super fun people to spend time with, and you should be racing to hire the Camera Chick for your event. Seriously. They are the best.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/6/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sandy and Tim were so amazing! They were fun, took amazing pictures and really helped guide the whole day. I couldn't have asked for anything more from our wedding photographer!

Profile Picture User4283159, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sandy and Tim are simply the best!! I cannot speak highly enough for them! Everyone they interacted with from the bridal party to the priest to my family were very impressed at how professional, pleasant, and great they were!! I look forward to using them in the future for other photo sessions!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I thinks its pretty obvious from all the 5 star reviews that anyone debating on whether or not they will get GORGE pictures from The Camera Chick should feel at ease! I mean check their blog! I can corroborate what everyone else has already said and since they are up in your business all day the fact that are they are super personable makes an already stressful day much more relaxed. I felt like I made friends by the end of the night and the fact that everyone they work with feels that way, that should tell you how cool they are. Something huge to keep in mind, you get Sandy and Tim together (2 photographers) who you can tell love each other and what they do, so it shows in the work they produce, beautiful art. Having 2 photographers means you get amazing shots and angles so you don't need to worry about anything getting missed, they have it covered. If they can make pictures with me and my husband’s ugly mugs in it look like magazine ads then that should tell you something.

Profile Picture Ann, 12/13/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot rave enough about Sandy and Tim. From our first emails to meeting to the big day, they are the most professional, fun, and talented people to work with! Not to mention the insane value - I first saw The Camera Chick's photos and thought, "There's no way I can afford this." I was so wrong!

Within three days, she posted a preview of the photos on the blog and they are phenomenal. A word of advice - let them do their thing. Don't hand over a list of shots to recreate. Show them photos and styles you like and give them the leave to do their job, because the results are nothing short of outstanding. I would recommend The Camera Chick to literally anyone I know who is searching for a photographer.

Profile Picture janelle, 9/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you are looking for an awesome, friendly, personable photographer The Camera Chick is who you want to go with! The Chick (Sandy) and her husband Tim are the absolute most wonderful people in the world and are amazing at what they do! Check out her blog, you won't be disappointed!

From the minute I called Sandy with all of my crazy questions I felt like we had been friends for forever! She was awesome and so responsive throughout the entire 2 years I had planned my wedding.

The day of my wedding I was so nervous but literally the moment Sandy walked in and was making jokes and hanging out with me and my bridesmaids the nerves totally went away! She makes you feel so calm and comfortable no amount of money can account for that feeling!

You will not be disappointed if you have The Camera Chick photograph one of the most important days of your life!

Thanks again Sandy and Tim!!

Profile Picture Erika, 9/19/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sandy and Tim were great to work with. Not only do they have great ideas for beautiful photos, but they are very fun to work with. It was exceptionally easy to get in contact with them, and most times, Sandy would respond within the hour. They made our engagement and wedding photos fun and exciting, and work together really well. They took the stress and awkwardness out of the photo sessions and our photos came out great!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

An amazing photography pair, and very easy to work with. Their pictures are always beautiful, and unique.

Profile Picture valerie, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sandy and Tim are absolutely AMAZING!!!! If you are lucky enough to have them photograph your event I promise you it will be the best decision you make!!!

Profile Picture Candice, 7/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My (now) husband and I were incredibly pleased with the Camera Chick's service. Sandy and Tim were friendly, creative, fun, and made the day beautiful, comfortable, and enjoyable. Sandy was quick to respond to any questions/inquiries I had and did it all with a smile. I would definitely recommend their services for your wedding. They listen to your requests, you get TWO photographers for ten hours, endless locations - it may be a bit more than other photographers but it is COMPLETELY WORTH IT! Love them and I would/will definitely use them again for any future photography needs. =)

Profile Picture Laura, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews