The Cakery Reviews

The Cakery View more information

• Amanda
    Amanda P. Married on 09/25/2020

Pacett/Huff Wedding 09/25/2020

We found out about The Cakery because they were within our wedding package from The Morton Arboretum. This made this process so simple because less options and let me say this option exceeded my expectations! We had so many of our guests say this was the best wedding cake they had! We had there yellow cake with dulce de leche filling and wow! So delicious, as well as all there other flavors, you won't be disappointed. Also the beauty of our cake was perfect for our day. We can't wait to eat our cake next year for our anniversary ❤
    Thank you!!
    Jason and Amanda
  • Courtney
    Courtney T. Married on 08/14/2020

Beautiful Wedding Cutting Cake

The Cakery is the best! We had a last minute wedding due to COVID & Bob helped us out with creating the perfect cutting cake for my husband & I. They made my little wedding cake vision into a reality. It was beautiful & most importantly DELICIOUS!! Would highly recommend The Cakery for any wedding or event!
  • Amanda
    Amanda J. Married on 10/05/2019

Our cake was amazing!!

The Cakery was the vendor that we went to through Two Brothers, but looking back, we would have chosen them even if we had our wedding somewhere else! They brought our vision to life with a classic wedding cake style on one side and a Jeep climbing up the other! So creative and it turned out perfect! I will post pictures as soon as I have them. They are modestly priced and we would highly recommend them!
    Ty Acosta Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing Cake

So happy we went with The Cakery! We brought in a photo of a cake we wanted and they replicated it to perfection! The cake looked absolutely amazing and was delicious! Cannot recommend them enough!
  • Janet
    Janet Married on 05/04/2019

Great cake for our special day!

My now husband and I booked our wedding at Riverside Receptions and a Cakery cake was included as a part of our contract with the venue; we were so very glad! The cake itself tasted like wedding cake – simple, sweet, delicious flavors. The design was exactly what we wanted as well! It was just beautiful the day of the wedding and perfect for our romantic vision.

Big thanks to everyone at the Cakery for making a great cake for our 160 guests!
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 03/02/2019

Gorgeous and Delicious

The Cakery has a contract with our venue so we didn't have a choice of baker, but we are so happy with their work! All they do is cakes (and cupcakes), and they know what they are doing. They have a wide variety of flavors and fillings and all were delicious. We went with vanilla with raspberry cream and chocolate with fudge filling. Guests raved about the cake, it's just the right amount of cake to frosting ratio. Also our cake was decorated beautifully. We had a winter wonderland theme, but I am confident they could make any kind of decor you could want.
    Emily Married on 08/31/2018
    Our cake from the cakery was AMAZING. Our guests raved about it! We did a chocolate cake with raspberry filling on one tier, marble cake with hazelnut frosting on another, and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting on the top! The design was also beautiful and classic. Really love the book of photos they give you at the tasting for inspiration.
  • User977541 2+ years ago
    Our venue works exclusively with The Cakery. They were very flexible and accommodating to our schedules. Staff and owner were friendly and knowledgeable. The final result was a beautiful cake exactly to our specifications. I love their work and am very satisfied with the quality for such a great value.
    Claire Married on 05/26/2018
    The Cakery was amazing! From the tasting to the wedding day, they were so easy to work with! Would highly recommend.
    Allison Married on 05/05/2018
    We just got married at the Morton Arboretum on Saturday. There is no question as to why The Cakery is their exclusive bakery! Our cake was something out of a wedding catalog, and tasted divine! I did not have to worry about delivery, set up, or placing my cake topper, as it was all arranged for us. Our cake was delicious and beautiful, and we cannot wait to use The Cakery again for other milestones and celebrations!
    Laura Married on 12/09/2017
    We absolutely loved our cake. It was so yummy and working with the cakery was so easy. We had a contract through our vendor so out cake was actually included, so i was not expecting anything nearly as nice as what we got. We did have a slight snafu, I realized that we had never gotten our grooms cake that we ordered and paid for. I called the cakery, and it turned out they delivered it, but our venue never put it out. The owner and the others we talked to on the phone were super helpful and nice and actually ended up crediting us back the money, which they didn't have to do since it wasn't their mistake. I am so grateful and the cake was absolutly beautiful and delicious. Also for those brides like me who hate fondant, they use all buttercream but can make it look like fondant. Yum Yum
    Kelly Married on 10/14/2017
    I'm usually not a fan of wedding cake but ours was absolutely delicious. We had so many options to choose from and were able to find something we loved! It was beautifully decorate and looked exactly like I dreamed it would!
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 09/29/2017
    We loved our cake from The Cakery!!! With our wedding venue, they had a contract with The Cakery and all we had to do was call and set up a time to do a cake tasting. This made picking where we were getting our cake from so much easier! Not to mention that we heard many good reviews! It was very easy to pick a time to come in for a tasting. The tasting was very fun and we got to sample many delicious cakes and fillings. We ended up going with their white cake and strawberry filling. So good!

We picked our cake from a couple sample pictures that they had and they created a beautiful cake that was the exact vision of what we wanted. One of my friends does cake decorating there and it was so special that she did our cake. She even delivered it before the wedding and did a beautiful job! Everyone loved the cake; both the design and the taste.

We got to take our top tier home and ate that after the wedding. We plan to get a little cake for our one year and are very much looking forward to having our wedding cake again!
    Amanda Married on 09/01/2017
    Our Wedding was on September 1, 2017 at Riverside Receptions. The Cakery was included in our package and I completely understand why! Cake was delicious and looked exactly how we pictured it!!! They are the best! Thanks again!
  • User2975445 2+ years ago
    The Cakery works with Riverside Receptions and they were so helpful with making my vision for our cake come true. They had so many options to choose from in terms of styles and flavors.
    Pat Married on 06/03/2017
    The Cakery has the best tasting cakes and the wedding cake we ordered for my daughter's wedding was just beautiful. We opted for floral decorations made from sugar, hand painted and it was beyond beautiful. We worked with the owner on the cake and he was really workable...it was a fun day planning this beautiful cake!
  • User2991206 2+ years ago
    Amazing cakes, and it was delicious. Pretty wedding cake.
    Nicole Married on 01/07/2017
    Our cake was gorgeous and DELICIOUS! We thought the marble cake with the fudge filling was the best and we did some other layers too, but I wish I would have just stayed with that because it was awesome and everyone loved it!! No complaints about the other layers either, but that was my favorite! I didn't have 1 worry at all, they were very responsive and professional! We were married at Riverside Reception in Geneva so the price was built into our venue payment. I would go to them again though!! LOVED everything about it and they understood our design changes and needs. Perfect!
    Rachel Married on 11/05/2016
    The cake was delicious and beautiful! I also had a grooms cake made, which looked incredible. It was a hockey puck with the redwings logo and it looked just as expected.
    Tanaz Married on 10/29/2016
    The Cakery was included in my wedding package at my venue. I was a little worried that during the tasting I wasn't going to like any of the included designs or flavors and it'll end up costing me so much more than planned. Boy, was I wrong. Bob was absolutely amazing. We showed up almost 45 minutes early and he accommodated. He said if I had something in mind and it's not something I see in the cake design book he provided to let him know, he'll do his best to keep the OOP to none. Thankfully he had EXACTLY what I wanted for my cake design. Simple, elegant, but fun with the different shapes. That wasn't even the best part. OH MY GOD the cake is DELICIOUS! Chocolate cake with the mocha fudge are what my dreams are now made of. They were delicious during the tasting and just as delicious at the wedding. I will definitely recommend The Cakery to anyone!
    Christina Married on 10/15/2016
    We were 100% in love with our wedding cake!! Not only was it delicious, but it was a piece of art as well. We loved the ease of working with everyone at The Cakery. For example, I was unable to make our tasting due to illness, but they sent home a goody bag of samples so that I could provide my opinion on the tastings. In addition, they provided numerous pictures of cakes so that we were able to really narrow down our options in order to obtain the perfect design for our wedding cake. Finally, I loved that each layer of our 4 tiered cake was able to be a unique flavor of cake, which allowed all of our guests to find a piece of cake that they could enjoy. I will definitely utilize this cake company in the future!!
    Kate Married on 10/14/2016
    My husband and I LOVED our cake from The Cakery! We went in for our wedding to taste cakes about a month prior to our day and they were so accommodating with providing as many samples as we wanted to try. Then they went through a process of showing us a photo album of their prior cakes and we were able to choose styles from different cakes to incorporate into our own cake. Then on the wedding day, the cake was gorgeous! And everyone raved about the flavors of each layer. The cost of the cake was included in our venue (Two Brother's Roundhouse) but they still made sure that our cake was perfect.
  • User2779043 2+ years ago
    The Cakery made our wedding cake last month. It was beautiful and delicious! Great price, too!
    Kelley Married on 08/06/2016
    The cake for our wedding turned out beautiful!! It was exactly what we asked for...and was extremely delicious! Highly recommend!!
  • User2593267 2+ years ago
    The Cake was included with my venue. The Cakery was so great though, I'm glad they were the vendor that was included! The cake tasting was so much fun and the designers really work with you to make sure you get what you want. At the wedding, the cake turned out beautifully and it was delicious. I can't wait to eat the topper on my 1 year anniversary!