The Cakery Reviews

71 | Dayton, OH

71 Reviews for The Cakery

Jean · Married on 07/28/2018

The Cakery is our number one go to for cakes, cupcakes and cookies! We've used them for many events including our daughter's wedding this past weekend. The cake was beautiful and the flavor was amazing! Everyone loved it! Very professional staff, so easy to work with, reliable, stunning creations! Will continue to use for all my bakery needs!

Heather · Married on 08/12/2017

LOVED IT! This place was great. They were very helpful and didnt mind when we made changes to the cake a couple of times. Talk about yummy!!!!

Sydney · Married on 07/15/2017

Our wedding cake was an absolute dream! We could not have been more pleased with the cakery. The make amazing cakes for a great price.

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

Best cake ever!!! They created the wedding cake of my dreams. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the cake was and how amazing it tasted!!!

Katelyn · Married on 07/23/2016

Jamie at the Cakery made the Pinterest picture of my ideal wedding cake come to life ---and it was more delicious than I could have ever imagined! Our cake was one of the first items we crossed off on the wedding planning checklist and Jamie made it so simple! The most difficult part was selecting a flavor – all the samples were simply delectable! We booked the Cakery in June of 2015 and did not meet with Jamie again until June of 2016. Even one year later, Jamie had an accurate record of the notes and details we had discussed in our first meeting. She then worked with us to finalize the size, flavors, etc. She handled the delivery of the cake and coordinated with the florist to ensure the flowers were added. Our guests were raving about how delicious the cake was and it was simply beautiful!

Jessica · Married on 06/04/2016

BEST wedding cake ever! Their cake is so good. I'm looking forward to our one year anniversary to break out the top layer!

We sampled four bakeries and The Cakery was by far the best. The cake was exactly what we envisioned. We loved that the option was given to have a cake stand and also a fake styrofoam layer to make the cake look bigger. That was brilliant. The cake was dense, moist and delicious. The frosting was of thenhighest quality...and we are very picky about that. There was plenty of cake to feed everyone and we even had some left over. Yum!

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2015

For our wedding I really wanted a naked cake full of flowers on top. The Cakery was wonderful! They let me take home cupcakes to try over 4-6 hours setting out so I could be sure the cake would remain moist. They checked up on me and were wonderful at helping make decisions for the size of the cake. Our cakes were just amazing!! We received so many compliments on how moist the cake was, how light the buttercream was and how beautiful they were! We had a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and a spice cake with a caramel icing, both of which were just delicious! Thank you very much!!

The Troy site provided us with a beautiful wedding cake. They also had a cake stand we could rent to use. We loved the cake and it tasted wonderful!

Angela · Married on 06/27/2015

I absolutely LOVED my wedding cake from the Cakery!! I was so, so excited when I saw it at my reception!! I wanted a 'peacock' themed cake- with two lovey little fondant peacocks at the top and their tail feathers/petals trailing down the sides of the cake. Then on the layers lace/flowers. I wanted some gold/silver pearlizing for a little color. I felt I had some what of a nontraditional request ha, and from the moment I met with them they seemed soo excited to do my cake!! They gave great suggestions and advice! I showed them a picture of what I wanted, but we were able to discuss/change a few things that I would have wanted to be different from the picture. I told them although I wanted to tie in my peacock theme I did not want my cake to look like a mardi gras cake, I still wanted it to be a nice, romantic, white, pretty wedding cake.. and I didn't want the little peacock birds on the top to look silly. They were soo wonderful to work with. I could not wait to see my cake, I was very anxious to see it how it'd turn out. When I noticed it at the reception I literally took my husband and ran over to see it- it was AMAZING!! They did phenomenal work!!! It just was beautiful, so detailed, just incredible, honestly better than what I was imagining/picturing. Beyond how beautiful and perfect it was... it was DELICIOUS! :) Everyone was asking where our cake was from. We had no leftover pieces of cake.... Everyone ate it and so many went back for seconds. I can't wait to eat the top in another year on our anniversary!! I would highly recommend The Cakery to anyone, for any event. Beyond impressed with them and so thankful I went with them!!!

We ordered our wedding cake from the cakery and it was the best decision. They are willing to do whatever it takes to make your day the best day. Also, it is the most delicious cake you will ever eat!

This was the most moist cake I've ever had. Customer Service was awesome.

Alex · Married on 04/11/2015

Ordered my wedding cake from the Cakery. I love their cake and knew that its where I wanted to go for my wedding. They were very professional and attentive to detail. They called a week before the wedding to go over everything to make sure that it was still correct and to make sure there were no changes. Awesome cake flavors and very friendly staff!

Jessica · Married on 12/12/2014

Like many brides, I had several different cake tastings. However, I choose The Cakery after having some Cakery cake at a birthday party. Our wedding cake was incredibly delicious and beautiful. I enjoyed with working Rachel and the rest of her team. Highly recommend to every bride. I will continue to use The Cakery for all my other cake needs.

• Cheshire Cat Bride

Sara · Married on 11/08/2014

We ordered cupcakes for the guests and a special 6inch for us to cut and keep. They were amazing and delicious. I worked with them through my wedding planner as I live in Florida and was getting married in Dayton.

The 6inch round was just what I was hoping for as it had little gold clocks gone crazy as our theme was Alice in Wonderland. Everyone loved the cupcakes as well.

Julia · Married on 09/13/2014

The Cakery was amazing! They came recommended to us by our caterer (Elite Catering, also wonderful) and we couldn't be happier. We enjoyed our tasting so much that we included four different flavors in our wedding cake. The lemon key lime cake was so delicious, definitely our favorite and the flavor we chose for our anniversary cake. The design of the cake was so beautiful it was hard to cut into it!

Our cake was delivered and set up before our ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful! They gave us exactly what we wanted. Plus! All 3 flavors were delicious!

Love Love Love Love this place so good!!

Alyssa · Married on 07/19/2014

We used The Cakery for our wedding cake and other desserts and had a fantastic experience. We had used them before for other parties and always have had great experiences so we were thrilled when they were able to do our wedding cake as well. They not only did our cake but we also had numours different types of cupcakes of different flavors for our guests as well. Everyone raved about how good they were and there were no leftovers! We would definitly recommend The Cakery for all dessert needs!

Angela · Married on 07/19/2014

Beautiful and delicious wedding cake! We frequent this bakery just for a dessert as well.

Virginia · Married on 06/20/2014

I live in San Francisco, but was having my wedding in Ohio, where my now-husband's hometown.

Since I won't be there in person until two days before my actual wedding day, all communication was via phone calls and emails. I sent them a picture of the cake I liked, along with different favors of cake pops. They patiently walked me through each step (I didn't know you were supposed to keep the top tier for a year! hahah..), and confirmed with me when they received my cake topper and two pins (for my cake).

I had never seen the cake or anything I had order from them until the wedding day. But WOW!!! The cake looks PERFECT!!! :) And the most importantly, YUMMY!!! A lot of my guests asked me where I had order my cake from! :)

Nice!!! :)

Brittany · Married on 06/07/2014

We had The Cakery recommended to us by my husband's co-workers, and were THRILLED with the quality of their product!! The cake quote was less than half of what we received elsewhere, and they worked with us on involving all of my creative ideas. The cake was gorgeous, delivered early, and tasted GREAT!! I will be going back to them for years to come!! Call and set up a tasting with them- you won't regret it!!

Jill · Married on 05/03/2014

I could not be more pleased with my experience at The Cakery. We hired them for our May wedding in Richmond, IN. The Cakery was so easy to work with and created the cake of our dreams! We had so many compliments on our cake - not just the design - but the flavor! Hands down the best wedding cake I've had. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Katherine · Married on 12/21/2013

Our cake was a showpiece! It was breathtakingly beautiful and (more importantly) DELICIOUS!! We looks at all the other vendors in Dayton and The Cakery was the best, HANDS DOWN!

This place is AMAZING. I really am not even a huge fan of most cake (more of an ice cream, cookies, etc. kind of girl) but this place has cake that will knock your socks off! SOOO gooooood.