The Cakebox Bahamas Reviews

24 | Nassau, BS

24 Reviews for The Cakebox Bahamas

nicole · Married on 12/24/2017

They were so so easy to work with, made an absolutely delicious cake and accommodated my two children's food allergies without a glitch. Delivery was on time. Everything was so easy and they were an absolute pleasure to work with. Everybody LOVED the look and taste of the cake. THANK YOU to Cakebox for making my daughter's sweet 16 perfect!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Thank you Nicole.
    It was our pleasure to be a part of your daughter's Sweet 16 celebrations.

JAQUELYN · Married on 09/05/2016

Debbie from Cakebox was absolutely magnificent! So was so accommodating and the cake not only was deliver at the time and place we had reserved it for but also was surprisingly incredible!. For a wedding cake, I really didn't expect it to taste as good as it did. I figured since we eloped, we would just get a small cake (6" fondant cake) for photos. But we were pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted!! This is the best wedding cake that I ever had. Also, Debbie did an incredible job at making the cake that I sent her from a picture I found online to creating the exact same thing at a very affordable price. So grateful to her for making our wedding day that much more special! Thank you kindly.

Denise · Married on 08/15/2016

I am gluten free and was considerably challenged to find a good gluten free bakery in Nassau, that is until I met Deborah Burrows. Her professionalism and knowledge of the need to avoid cross contamination made me very comfortable about choosing the Cakebox but the crowning glory was the taste of her cakes. They were fantastic and equally importantly, if you didn't know it, you would never guess that they were gluten and dairy free. I had gotten used to the idea of sub-par gluten free cakes until I tasted her chocolate cake with the raspberry coulis . Yummy!!!! I have since recommended the Cakebox to other friends with allergies and they all raved about the quality and taste of the cakes.

Brittany · Married on 08/08/2015

Beautiful cake, exactly as I wanted. The quality of the work is awesome and Mrs. Delaney is an absolute darling. The Vanilla and Red velvet flavors are my favorite. Will recommend to anyone looking for an fairy tale cake fit for a royal wedding.

Shereza · Married on 08/07/2015

I would definitely recommend The Cakebox!!! It is always more challenging trying to plan a destination wedding! But Deborah from The Cakebox made everything go so smoothly! Her cake was not only beautiful but many of our guests stated it was one of the best wedding cakes they ever had. Not only did Deborah work within our budget to create a wonderful wedding cake, but she matched the colours on the cake to the exact blush and ivory colours I requested. Also when I received a personalized glass cake topper, Deborah was able to alter the cake to accommodate the last minute change...no questions asked! She was always in communication and on time. You'll never have to worry if you're working with Deborah!
    Forever grateful,
    Shereza and James

Brittanie · Married on 11/04/2013

My parents were traveling to the Bahamas to celebrate their 25th anniversary and my mother's birthday. I had intended on surprising them with a cake and Deborah did more than I could have EVER imagined. There was a mix up with communication and she ended up delivering the cake to my parents free of charge. The tears of joy on both my mother and father's face was more than I could have ever asked for. Thank you again Deborah for everything you have done.

My family makes a trip to the Bahamas every year and we will definitely be using her services again. I was told the chocolate mousse inside was incredible. Her hard work really shows in everything she does. Don't miss out on not only an amazing cake but an amazing person as well.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Thanks, Brittanie.
    It was a pleasure for The Cakebox to ensure that your parents had a great surprise from you for their 25th Wedding Anniversary. The tears of joy from your Mom made it all worthwhile for us. We were grateful to be a part of that!
    God Bless you and your family.

Kiplyn · Married on 03/23/2013

In my search for a bakery in Nassau I was told that Deborah @ The Cakebox was the best in town. I have to say that after my wedding I am a true believer of that also. I sent Deborah over a picture of a cake that I had seen on Pinterest; not only was she able to duplicate the taste was great. For my wedding favors she did little mini rum cakes they were a hit. My guest are still talking about how good those rum cakes were.

DANIELLA · Married on 05/04/2012

The team at The Cake Box are awesome and professional. My hubby and guest love our wedding cake. Not only did it look amazing it tasted amazing too.
    We had also purchase some cup cake martini desserts. It was mini cup place in mini martini glass with alcoholic favored jelly beans! It added to our fun and funky touch to our special did.
    I went to a previous place and they charged me three times as what i paid at The Cake Box for the exact same cake that i got. It was surely value for our bucks. They are now my go to cake baker! Cant wait for another event to do business with The Cake Box!

Christina · Married on 05/28/2011

The CakeBox Bahamas exceeded my expectations. It was actually at the last minute that I made arrangements for my cake but their professionalism made me feel at ease. The cake was truly beautiful and was undoubtedly delectable. As one of my friends put it, "The Cakebox Bahamas makes renowned cakes that are delicious". My husband, my family and I, are delighted with our choice because we know we went with the best!

Sent on 08/22/2011

The Cakebox Bahamas's reply:

Thanks, Christina. It was my pleasure to provide your very special wedding cake, and we at The Cakebox Bahamas are delighted to know that we met our goal of exceeding your expectations.
    All the best for your new life together.
    Regards,

Karen · Married on 12/06/2010

Deborah Burrows of The Cake Box in Nassau, Bahamas is a true professional in her field. She is creative, there is no cake that she cannot make; her cakes are always delicious; she decorates her cakes with flair, imagination and love; she is always on time, reliable and dependable. Deborah will go out of her way to make your wedding cake exactly the way you want it to be! She always checks afterward to ensure that the client was pleased.
    I would not hesitate to recommend Deborah for any shape, type, style wedding cake you wish to have. Deborah and The Cake Box come highly recommended from Professional Bahamas Weddings!

Valrey · Married on 10/30/2010

Wow! One of the memory that we will always remember is our beautifully designed wedding cake. The Rhimestone was fabulous, the flowers, the colors and the designed was picturre perfect. Deborah and her team at the Cake Box did such a beautiful job on our wedding cake. We will forever be grateful. Also, the price was very affordable for our budget. We will definitely recommend the Cake Box. Thank you Cake Box for helping to make our day so complete with a very beautifully designed great tasting wedding cake.
    Dexter and Valrey Lewis (Wedding date: 10/30/2010)

Sent on 02/22/2011

The Cakebox Bahamas's reply:

Thanks Valrey and Dexter. It was a pleasure working with you to develop the final presentation of your wedding cake.

Christelle · Married on 10/09/2010

the Cake Box is an exceptional company comprising of value for money, accuracy of design and professionalism. As the former weddings manager at the British Colonial Hilton, Nassau, Bahamas, Mrs. Burrows has always exceed my expections and made the brides speechless when they see the cake of their dreams.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Thanks, Chris.
    It is always a pleasure to work with the Hilton team to ensure that both destination and local brides are wowed with their wedding cakes.

Amy · Married on 08/14/2010

My wedding planner had originally taken me to a very expensive baker in Nassau whose samples were stale and the staff was too busy to help us (I am assuming my wedding planner only took me there because she got a kick-back for using that company). After doing my own searches (highly recommended for all brides to do), I came across The Cake Box. The owner was very friendly, prompt responses to my questions, and made a cake exactly as I requested for a fraction of the cost of the original baker. It was very tasty as well. The business transaction was clear and everything was as promised. This was very reassuing because as the bride I didn't want any hassles or mistakes. I would recommend this vendor 100% Thanks for making this part of my wedding so smooth.

Sent on 02/25/2011

The Cakebox Bahamas's reply:

Thanks, Amy, it was a pleasure to provide your wedding cake. The Cake Box's mission is to surpass our Brides' expectations and ensure that their cake is one thing they do not have to worry about on their special day.

Christie · Married on 07/27/2010

I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Cakebox! My husband and I were planning our destination wedding from New Jersey, so once we arrived in the Bahamas we knew we were never going to have enough time to fit in a cake tasting. I contacted Deborah and she immediately returned my emails. We corresponded back and forth and I explained to her exactly what my vision was. I sent her a picture, and what she created on my wedding day was even better!. We went with a red velvet cake and a buttercream/cream cheese frosting, it was AMAZING!!!Thank you so much Deborah and The Cakebox for doing such a wonderful job!!!

Shenika · Married on 12/31/2009

Both as a planner ordering a cake and as someone ordering a special cake for family or friends, I can truly say that the service rendered can not be compared with any Pastry Chef that I have ever worked with in the past. Mrs. Burrows of the Cake box, is timely in her responses, fair in her pricing offering that rare professional service in her field. Most importantly the cakes and pastries produces are of top quality and taste. I would recommend her to any bride looking for that personalized service or anyone looking for a specialty cake. If you are looking for any idea for flavor, try her "Death By Chocolate" Cake with Mint Chips...LOVE IT!

Antja (David) · Married on 07/12/2008

When I was getting married, I had an old photo of a cake I had liked. I met with The Cake Box and explained that I wanted a similar cake. I wanted a wedding cake that my family and friends could wow over when they saw it, and be blown away when they ate it. And, I wanted it in my favourite colours! The Cake Box delivered! I had an uber elegant wedding cake that tasted fantastic. My family and friends are still talking about my cake! Thanks to The Cake Box, my husband and I have wonderful memories of our wedding cake cutting. I never cease to refer brides to The Cake Box to make their wedding cakes as special as mine was. Thanks Cake Box!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/08/2011

The Cakebox Bahamas's reply:

Thanks Antja. It was a pleasure to provide your wedding cake and to be a special part of the great memories of your special day.
    All the best from The Cakebox!

Avis · Married on 11/12/2005

The Cake Box is such an awesome company the level of creativity is unimaginable! I have being using this company for the pass six years for all my cake needs weddings, birthdays and showers. They do make dreams come true. My favorite flavor is the chocolate cake yummy.

LaVonne · Married on 02/19/2005

I got married 6 years ago & still remember my cake. It was beautiful and tasty. The best!

Giorgina · event on: 05/05/2012

I wanted something original and creative for my son's first birthday cake. Deborah and her team delivered exactly that to the party. Everyone loved the 'All Star 1st Birthday' Jersey cake she designed. The combination of cake flavours were equally amazing. Not only was she able to fit me in two weeks before the party, she was also accommodating to my schedule. Deborah was extremely pleasant and professional every time we communicated. I will definitely be ordering from The Cakebox Bahamas again!

Lonise · event on: 06/10/2012

I would highly recommend The Cakebox.

Ellen · Married on 05/19/2012

Deborah was extremely helpful in getting us cake samples on the one weekend we could visit the Bahamas to do wedding work (coming from the states). Deborah was very professional with an immediate contract to us and completely open minded to design ideas we had that she executed beautifully. I would highly recommend her.

Coretta · Married on 05/20/2001

I have worked with The Cake Box for more than 5 years and found them to be very professional and never a complaint on the quality or style of their cake presentation and delivery. I would gladly recommend to any bride or client to use this company and know that their dreams will become a reality working with The Cake Box staff.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Thanks, Coretta.
    It is always my pleasure to work with you and your team to provide wedding cakes for your local and destination brides that meet and surpass their expectations.

Deborah · Married on 04/09/2012

It was a pleasure working with my former "name sake"! Initially it was a bit difficult to get an appointment, but I learnt she was in hospital. But after the booking, everything from the 1st meeting to the wedding day was smooth sailing.

Crystal · Married on 08/15/2015

3.0

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted great! Throughout the planning process, I requested an invoice multiple times so we could pay in advance and the vendor assured she would send one. We did know the total, but didn't know how we could pay so couldn't send payment prior to traveling for our wedding. About one week prior to our wedding, we found out we could only pay cash. One thing that became challenging with this is that when traveling internationally you can only carry $10,000 cash per person--bringing cash for so many vendors was a bit frustrating and created another level of being strategic in our planning. It would have been nice to have received a response that cash only is accepted for the cake months in advance when we requested the invoice. Occasionally, there was a delay in response from the vendor when I emailed with questions. My policy from a professional standpoint is that I expect businesses to reply within 24-48 hours. Other than these couple items, my cake was gorgeous and I'd order from The Cakebox again.

Sent on 08/25/2015

The Cakebox Bahamas's reply:

Thanks for your comments Crystal. We do apologize for that misstep with the invoice.