The cake stand Reviews

90 | Charleston, SC

90 Reviews for The cake stand

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Linda · Married on 10/25/2014

This bakery was the third one I contacted to make a 'Madhatter' cake for my son's wedding. They were what I would expect of a quality business. The cake was beautiful, and most importantly, delicious. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Aimee · Married on 05/25/2014

The Cake Stand made the most wonderful cake and cupcakes for our wedding!! We had a 6 inch cake for cutting that was so beautiful that I felt bad cutting into it! The wedding planners even took a picture. The cupcakes we served to our guests were so delicious and they told us all night long! They made it easy for serving since we were outside for dancing. Lauren was great through the whole process and was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Jodee · Married on 05/03/2014

I still crave my cake at least once a week. We ordered a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream filling and red velvet cake with cream cheese filling. It was seriously the best cake that I have EVER tasted, and my guests went on and on about how it was the best wedding cake they had as well. The cake also looked exactly like I requested...it was beautiful. A Cake Stand was very responsive. They got back to me quickly with their recommendations and called the day before to confirm my pick-up time. The company was professional and the results were delicious. They exceeded my high expectations. I'd recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Patrick · Married on 05/01/2014

Lauren was a great person to work with, she was very patient with our choice. The cake turned out to be even better than we tasted it, and was decorated perfectly. It matched 100% what we had ordered. Great job guys, we can highly recommend them to anyone, who likes delicious cake and great service. Great price for the value.

Anytime again!!!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/12/2014

Our cake was beautiful, and we could not have been happier with the job that Lauren and her husband did for us. It was literally the best tasting cake we had ever tasted! We would highly recommend using The Cake Stand at your wedding or other event!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Douglas · Married on 03/21/2014

Lauren and Will, owners of The Cake Stand, were there from the beginning of our planning the wedding reception to several days after. They were always available to answer all questions, provide feedback and provide us with great suggestions of which we implemented virtually all of them. When guests entered the reception ballroom all we could hear were the oohs and awes directed towards the beautiful cake and table decorations. They provided us with an outstanding reception centerpiece and, equally important, an extremely delicious cake!

Sent on 04/03/2014

Ginny · Married on 03/09/2014

We ordered 4 different types of cupcakes and one round cake for the bride/groom to cut. The cakes were amazing and the presentation just as nice! Try the coconut cake.... it was our favorite.

Sent on 03/14/2014

The cake stand was wonderful to work with. The cake tasted amazing and looked just beautiful. We loved it!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Laura · Married on 10/12/2013

The Cake Stand did a wonderful job on our wedding cake/cupcakes and the groom's cake. They listened to what we wanted and delivered. They made the entire process a breeze. The cake/cupcakes tasted wonderful!

Sent on 10/27/2013

The Cake Stand is incredible!! I'm usually not a fan of wedding cake, but Lauren did an amazing job at creating exactly what we were looking for and the taste was amazing . We had a 3 tier cake with different flavors at each layer. I was looking for a simple design finished with flowers that coordinated with our reception center pieces. We chose carrot, red velvet, and vanilla for the flavors and I have heard nothing but rave reviews on how good it was. My husband and I would have to agree with our guests....it was delicious! Since we live out of state, The Cake Stand sent us home with several different cupcakes to sample to help us make our final decision. Lauren and I communicated mainly through email, and she was always accommodating. I was able to send pictures of what I envisioned, and they created exactly what we wanted. The Cake Stand is a great value and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Kelly · Married on 09/29/2013

Lauren at the Cake Stand is great! She's friendly, easy to work with and responds efficiently! Plus our wedding cake was delicious and looked beautiful!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Deanna · Married on 09/28/2013

I sent them a picture of what I wanted and that is exactly what they gave me. Our cupcakes were so beautiful and so absolutley delicious. Their prices are great and I will definitely order more cakes or cupcakes if I need them in the future!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Susan · Married on 09/07/2013

I cannot explain how wonderful Lauren was to work with as I was coming from out of state. She accomodated me when she was open so that we could taste her cakes - which were wonderful. The cake was not only one of the best cakes we've ever had, but was decorated perfectly for us. Excellent cake and excellent service.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Sherri · Married on 06/13/2013

I would have to start by saying our cakes were delicious. Everyone at the wedding was commenting on how much they loved both of them! I surprised my hubby with a grooms cake that was chocolate on chocolate - our favorite, and the wedding cake was lemon and almond with italian buttercream with cream cheese filling! so yummy. The Cake Stand did a great job!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Andrea · Married on 06/09/2013

Lauren was great to work with! Easygoing yet very professional. She was very responsive and I really appreciated that. Our cake was absolutely delicious and looked exactly as I had envisioned! Thanks Lauren!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Maria · Married on 05/07/2013

We had a two tiered cake and cupcakes and we have say Lauren did an excellent job!!! The tiered cake was so cute and swirl works were so detailed. The cupcakes had the rose swirl piping and the cut out fondant in hearts, flowers and butterflies, exactly as we asked for.

Sent on 05/10/2013
  • Lisa Schober

Lisa · Married on 05/04/2013

Not only was the cake absolutely delicious, but Lauren was a pleasure to work with! She was responsive, organized and efficient. We got so many people come up to us on our wedding to tell us how good the cake tasted!! She also provided us with a mini cake to take home, which was incredible sweet and generous! We can't wait to take it out this time next year to celebrate our anniversary! :)

Sent on 05/06/2013

Lauren's cake was the most delicious wedding cake I've ever eaten. And our guests agreed. She was very flexible and gave a great tasting beforehand. I love Lauren!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Nicole · Married on 03/23/2013

The Cake Stand was so easy to work with and they made a beautiful cake that tasted delicious!

Sent on 04/12/2013

I had a destination wedding, everything was over the phone and via email. The cake was perfect and guest actually commented on how good it was. They were very flexible and accommodating.

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/13/2012

We chose The Cake Stand because they were the only ones that were willing to give us samples (because of our small wedding party). Other cake places did not offer samples to less than 50 guests...so we gave the Cake Stand a try. Wow were we impressed. The cupcakes they offered were really good and we had a hard time deciding. They are very good at communicating through email - being that we are 6 hours away, this was very helpful! We ended up getting two sample boxes and chose the carrot cake and vanilla. The cake was so moist and delicious. So many people made comments about how it was the best wedding cake they ever had. I will have to agree!

Thank you Lauren for all of your help and wonderful tasting cake!!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Tracy · Married on 10/13/2012

Our wedding cake was SO amazing! I sent Lauren a picture of what I was thinking, and on the wedding day, it was absolutely PERFECT! I also cannot rave enough about the taste. After my husband and I fed each other during the toast, we both just started feeding ourselves without realizing it, because it was THAT good. They also make you a small cake in the style of your wedding cake for you to keep for your 1-year anniversary. That way you don't have to save the top tier!

Sent on 12/04/2012

M · Married on 09/15/2012

We planned our wedding in Charleston from Tennessee and had to take a lot of things on faith. Our cake was one of those things that really mattered to me, but I was not able to do a tasting prior to the event so we chose blindly, banking on all of the wonderful reviews.

We did not regret our choice!

I had no idea what I wanted the cake to look like other than the colors and Lauren was able to capture the theme of our event in a very lovely cake. The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was that the cake was still cold when we cut it, but our ceremony and reception was early in the day so it didn't have much time to come to room temperature. We didn't intend to take any cake with us, but after having some at the reception we had to keep the top layer for leftovers, which tasted great the next morning with coffee in our hotel room (hehe!)

Thank you Lauren, you did a wonderful job.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Shonda · Married on 06/16/2012

This is a family owned business and they are so great! Easy to work with, beautiful designs, and the most delicious cake I have ever had. I'm not even kidding. This cake was so phenomenal. We ate it when we got to our room that night, after breakfast, and my husband and I even decided that we couldn't wait a year to eat the top. We ate it a few days later and will ask The Cake Stand to bake us a brand new one for our 1 year anniversary. Phenomenal!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Laura · Married on 05/27/2012

Lauren was amazing to work with. She captured the vision we had for our cake and it so so beautiful! We got the red velvet and it was to die for!! They did an amazing job on our groomsmen Tennessee football cake the guest loved it and most of all the groom! Everything was perfect and the cake was delicious. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/13/2012