The cake stand Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• M. H.

M. H. · Married on 05/19/2018

More than I imagined.

When my guests saw the cake designed by THE CAKE STAND they knew that I had an artist create the centerpiece of the day. I had called a number of designers and the price was either way out of my range or they didn't seem like they had enough time for me. There was absolutely no stress with THE CAKE STAND and I knew the cake would look amazing and taste remarkable. May I say that my guests remember the cake most of all. I do too. Thanks Lauren for giving me more than imagined.

Carmelina · Married on 04/28/2018

To sum it up, one of our guests (who is the editor of a major metropolitan bridal magazine, and thus has sampled lots of wedding cake) said the chocolate cake was the best cake she ever had! We really enjoyed working with Lauren and her husband. Lauren worked with us for our budget and delivered a beautiful and delicious product!

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

DELICIOUS, beautiful, and awesome professionalism. Couldn't be happier!

Kacie · Married on 02/04/2017

Customer service was amazing! I literally sent a million emails! The cake was beautiful, and the cupcakes everyone raved about!

Brandy · Married on 07/04/2016

We selected The Cake Stand after sampling several vendors in the Charleston area. Lauren's cakes were by far our favorites! She did a fantastic job of recommending cake/frosting/filling combinations and delivered a cake that was absolutely beautiful and delicious!

Nicole · Married on 06/05/2016

The Cake Stand did the cake for my wedding and I was not disappointed. She worked with me well throughout the process, was extremely reasonably priced, and was very polite. The cake was absolutely gorgeous at the wedding, was exactly what I wanted, and tasted great!

Erica · Married on 05/28/2016

Wowza.
    Lauren was extremely responsive, and allowed us to sample her wedding cupcakes before we decided to do one small cake and three kinds of mini cupcakes. She worked with our wedding coordinator to deliver to our venue. Holy cow the cake was gorgeous, and EXACTLY like we requested.

Beth · Married on 05/06/2016

The Cake Stand did a wonderful job with our cupcake tower! I met with Lauren and explained what I envisioned, and she brought it to life. The communication was easy and the delivery and set up were seamless. And the cupcakes in 3 different flavors were delicious! And everything was very reasonably priced.

Christie · Married on 04/02/2016

We wanted a Citadel themed cake for our son's rehearsal dinner on April 1, 2016. We live 4 hours from Charleston and did a lot of correspondence with Lauren via phone and email. Lauren was also flexible in working with our schedule on the short weekend planning trips we made to Charleston. We were able to share our ideas and she took the creative reins and created a beautiful grooms cake to serve approximately 80 people. Our son loved it! There were SO MANY compliments on the cake for both design and taste! Although we did taste a variety of flavor combinations (and all were delicious) we had to select our son's favorites - chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. We are so glad we chose The Cake Stand!

Jenna · Married on 12/04/2015

I met with Lauren at The Cake Stand to taste test and pick out a wedding cake. She was very helpful in going over every available flavor and also some design ideas that would match my theme. The cake was gorgeous and tasted wonderful. I had so many compliments on it from my guests. The delivery and setup were seamless. I would highly recommend The Cake Stand for your wedding day!

Sarah · Married on 11/07/2015

Lauren was a pleasure to work with! I do not live in Charleston so I could only communicate with her via email and phone. She was so quick to respond to any questions I had and made a few suggestions for me in regards to the icing color. My guests RAVED about the cupcakes!

Shelby · Married on 09/26/2015

The Cake Stand did an amazing job on our wedding cake! We showed Lauren some pictures of what we wanted and she was able to work her magic and blew us away. The cake was delicious! We had 5 different flavors and each one was moist and flavorful. Everyone at our wedding was saying how it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. They have competitive prices and really went above and beyond to make us a beautiful cake. Thank you!

Lauren at the Cakestand helped with our wedding and grooms cake. I sent her a few pictures of what we were thinking about and she nailed the design for both cakes, we were very pleased with the outcome - not to mention they were delicious :) Prices were very reasonable as well.

kathryn · Married on 08/21/2015

I had a faux beach themed cake with the top being real and two large sheet cakes for the guests. The owners were amazing, flexible and had great quality cakes. I was sad that the resort never even boxed up the remaining cake for us but the guests that did have it said it was amazing. The faux cake was beautiful. I will definitely use them again!

Kimberly · Married on 06/13/2015

The cake was FANTABULOUS!!!!!!! Lauren and Will are great people and they do wonderful work. I wish them great success!!

Janet · Married on 06/06/2015

The attention to detail on the cakes was exquisite and they were delicious!

Megan · Married on 04/24/2015

The Cake Stand provided a small round wedding cake and cupcakes for my April beach wedding. I gave them very little detail on how to decorate the cake but I couldn't have been more pleased with how it turned out. My guests are still talking about how delicious the cupcakes were. The owner and her husband were very responsive and easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Luke & Tiffany · Married on 03/15/2015

Lauren with The Cake Stand was fantastic! We were planning a Charleston wedding from out of town. During one of our "planning visits" to SC, we called and requested a tasting. Some bakeries require several forms be filled out and much advance notice. Lauren was able to work with our tight schedule and provided a free tasting with very little notice; the process was painless (which says a lot considering how difficult and stressful long distance wedding planning can be).

We are quite particular when we have a certain vision in mind. During the planning stages, my husband and I put together a powerpoint presentation of our dream wedding cake. The powerpoint wasn't pretty and wasn't perfect; but our wedding cake certainly was!!! From chunky, pieced together photos of different cakes, floral additions and icing designs, Lauren brought our vision to life and did so better than we could have imaged! It photographed lovely and tasted as good as it looked!

Great value, simple process, professional & friendly service and a lovely end product....couldn't ask for more than that!! We'd use and recommend The Cake Stand again for any event!!

Saskia · Married on 02/21/2015

A Simply Special Occasion coordinated a wedding in Charleston, and worked closely with Lauren at The Cake Stand. Lauren has always done a fantastic job. She has worked on last minute events and has done a great job completing the order on time, on time delivery, and exceeding a client's expectations! I will definitively recommend future brides!

Amanda · Married on 12/13/2014

The Cake Stand provided beautiful, tasty cupcakes & a cake for our wedding. They did exactly what we wanted and were very responsive. Even when we needed to change some things a month before, they were very accomodating. Very nice people with yummy cakes!

Stephanie · Married on 11/15/2014

Lauren and her husband were wonderful to work with! Not only do they have the best tasting cakes in Charleston, they also give you some things that most cake vendors won't. We had 2 separate cake tasting boxes made for us at no charge, and they give you a separate cake for your 1 year anniversary rather than using one of the layers from your wedding cake. I could not have been happier with how our cake turned out, and all our guests enjoyed it! Highly recommend!

This was my favorite vendor I worked with during the wedding process. Our tasting with Lauren was very pleasant and filled with tons of samples. The cake the day of tasted amazing. Our guests raved about the coconut cake and the carrot cake. On top of that, the price for the cake was great. Thank you!

• Lashook

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2014

Our wedding cake and cupcakes were a hit at our wedding. Lauren is amazing to work with and we couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out

Linda · Married on 10/25/2014

This bakery was the third one I contacted to make a 'Madhatter' cake for my son's wedding. They were what I would expect of a quality business. The cake was beautiful, and most importantly, delicious. I definitely recommend them!

Aimee · Married on 05/25/2014

The Cake Stand made the most wonderful cake and cupcakes for our wedding!! We had a 6 inch cake for cutting that was so beautiful that I felt bad cutting into it! The wedding planners even took a picture. The cupcakes we served to our guests were so delicious and they told us all night long! They made it easy for serving since we were outside for dancing. Lauren was great through the whole process and was wonderful to work with!