The Cake Destination Reviews

86 Reviews for The Cake Destination

• Bailey

Bailey Schultz · Married on 10/11/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

I don't have enough words for how amazing Cheryl is! Working with her is a dream! She brings your idea to life with the most beautiful cake you could ever imagine as well as making it the best tasting cake I've ever had! Truly, the BEST cake in the world!

Sent on 02/23/2020
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 09/07/2019

Such a wonderful experience

Wow, the desserts from The Cake Destination are some of the best I’ve had. Seriously! Cheryl is a sweetheart to work with and has so many good options to choose from. We went went an assortment of desserts and a small cake for our wedding, and they flew off the displays! We received many compliments on how delicious all of the sweets were. You won’t regret working with Cheryl :)

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing, Flexible, Fun,

Cheryl with Cake destination was a pleasure to work with. She was around for me to text with ideas and often shared some of her work prior to me deciding on our wedding cakes. The cake tasted amazing at the trial and can’t wait for the wedding day to see her wonderful creations.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Cheryl is amazing! Her cakes are to die for, best I have ever had for sure! She was so helpful during the whole process.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • W

Wilenith Baldwin · Married on 05/04/2019

The perfect cake!

Don’t look anywhere else! Cheryl is your cake lady! She has a vast variety of flavors to choose from and all of them are amazing. We never thought we were going to choose piña colada cake for our wedding but omg it is amazing. I shared with her all my ideas of what I wanted and it turned out perfect! Amazing cake, amazing flavors!!!! Delivery on time and will definitely will hire her again for my cake needs. Everyone couldn’t stop raving about how good the cake was and even went back for seconds!!! Thank you, Cheryl! You’re the best!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Kim

Kim Wilson · Married on 03/30/2019

Cheryl is the best!

I can’t rave enough about Cheryl! A genuinely sweet person who went above and beyond for my family through out the entire wedding planning process. And the icing on the cake?(pun intended lol) Her cakes are DELICIOUS. Trust me. If you book her for your special day you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Laci

Laci · Married on 03/23/2019

Delicious and Beautiful Wedding Cake!

We loved our wedding cake and the process was so easy! She sends samples in the mail for you to try if you're from out of town. She's super sweet, and does a beautiful job.

Sent on 03/04/2020

The Cake Destination's reply:

Ah thank you Laci, hope you are doing well. so hard to believe that you & Ben will be having your 1st anniversary in a few weeks it is almost here! Hope you enjoy your cake!!!
    Love & hugs,
    Cheryl
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 01/26/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

Cheryl did an amazing job the cake looked and tasted amazing! I found her and coordinated with her through Sunquest cruises, about a year before the wedding and I was halfway across the country but Cheryl still did an outstanding job. She overnight-ed samples of cake for my then Fiance (now husband) to try so we could properly choose the right flavors. I don't know how but the cake was amazing every sample and I wish I had more, but we ended up choosing key lime and decadent chocolate because its a Florida wedding! The cake tasted amazing and looked gorgeous. I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a fantastic cake to make their big day!!

Sent on 12/30/2019

The Cake Destination's reply:

Dear Chloe
    Thank you for such a beautiful review. The most wonderful part of your wedding day for us was actually getting to meet you on board the Solaris. I had so hopped we would be setting up during the time you were coming on just to get to meet my sweet bride! You looked so beautiful day of! And the cake turned out amazing w/ the tropical flowers, I just love Birds of Paradise & the Orchids, it was so awesome!
    We wish you and Gabriel a lifetime of happiness & blessings.
    Love & hugs and the Happiest of the New Year!
    Cheryl

Kristin Hogan · Married on 11/02/2018

Hire the cake destination now

CHERYL IS AMAZING. She goes above and beyond for her customers!! Our minds were blown when we went to do the tasting and we got to choose from 15 DIFFERENT CAKE FLAVORS!! We ended up with Toasted Coconut, Key Lime, and Godiva White Chocolate. SO SO GOOD. For our desserts we had an awesome spread of magic cookie bars, assorted macaroons, Rice Krispie treats, Italian wedding cookies, cream puffs, and white chocolate covered strawberries. All of our favorite things! Believe it or not it was all devoured by our group of 110 people!!! I've never heard wedding guests rave so much about cake! She worked with me and our florist to get the perfect cake design and to also decorate the dessert table as well. I cannot thank her enough for all of her work in making this day perfect for us! Hire her IMMEDIATELY.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2018

Extraordinary!!

We met Cheryl in March of 2018 while visiting with vendors in the area in preparation for our destination wedding on October 9, 2018. She was a breath of fresh air after meeting with another, rather stuffy, vendor! Cheryl was kind and open and so excited to make all our dreams come true! She listened to our ideas and got to work creating the wedding cake of our dreams. The day of our rehearsal finally arrived and we were told that we would not be able to have our ceremony the next day as planned, as Hurricane Michael would make landfall in 36 hours. Unbeknownst to us, Cheryl had already completed our cake, but our planner did not notify her that we already had our ceremony 24 hours early due to the mandatory evacuation, so we never got to see or taste our cake :( Fast forward to February of 2019, my wife and I were planning a trip down to Santa Rosa Beach in April to have some photos taken by our original photographer. I reached out to Cheryl on the off chance she would be able to make a small cake for us. She was so excited to hear from me and couldn't believe all that had happened. She not only made the most beautiful and delicious cake we have ever had (Key Lime!), she also made yummy cupcakes in our second flavor (Godiva white chocolate) so we could taste that as well! (And can you believe the detail in her gum paste lily?! She's seriously incredible!) We didn't have a florist this time around, so Cheryl reached out to her vendors and found the only florist in the area that had orchids from Hawaii! I cried tears of absolute joy and gave Cheryl a huge hug when I saw her because she truly made a traumatic experience so much better. She did not have to do any of this, but she did it out of the kindness of her heart. Thank you, Cheryl, for making our day (the first AND second time!)!! We would recommend Cheryl and The Cake Destination to EVERYONE!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2018

You MUST hire Cheryl to be your cake lady! She is so easy to work with and thorough and detailed. I was pleasantly surprised that she mailed about 2 dozen delicious samples to Ohio as I was planning a destination wedding. Our cake looked like something from Cake Wars! It was beautiful and tasty and exactly what I had envisioned. I had to attach a picture of our cake so you can see how awesome it was...I didn't want to cut it when the time came. Thanks again, Cheryl!

Sent on 08/24/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2018

Cheryl and her husband provided us with the most beautiful and tasty cake! Our guests couldn't get enough of the cake. Highly recommend The Cake Destination

Sent on 08/23/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/22/2018

I don't even know where to start! Cheryl is the cool aunt we all wish we had! She is amazing at every aspect!!! I am from Buffalo New York so just like everyone else planning a destination wedding it is very hard to pick vendors from so far away. I will say with full honesty that I was beyond pleased in my choice with The Cake Destination that I want everyone getting married in Destin to book with her! I assure you you will not be disappointed! My cupcakes and cakes came out just like the pictures and tasted even better! (you really can taste the love in the cake!)

Thank you Cheryl from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Sara Katherine · Married on 05/19/2018

I just wanted to thank Cheryl so so much for the absolutely PERFECT cake! It was everything I could have wanted in a wedding cake. The absolute most beautiful cake I've ever seen! Not to mention absolutely delicious. My husband and I were so proud to serve it at our wedding and I can't tell you how amazing it looked with the adorable little flamingos on top! Thank you so so much for going above and beyond for our special day.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/19/2018

Cheryl is AMAZING. She is so nice and was nice enough to work with us when we had to change our wedding date. The cake turned our so beautiful and it tasted amazing!!! I couldn't say enough wonderful things about her and the cake. I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Rebeca · Married on 04/28/2018

I loved working with The Cake Destination and Cheryl. She was super sweet from the beginning, the whole process was super easy and I absolutely loved my cake!! I got nervous a few weeks before the wedding and second guess my choice and Cheryl was patient with me and she promised my cake was going to be beautiful and I couldn't be any happier with the results! I highly recommend The Cake Destination! you wont regret it! Thank you Cheryl :D

Sent on 05/19/2018

Brooke · Married on 04/27/2018

Cheryl at the Cake Destination was a joy to work with. From our first phone call when she helped us completely design our perfect cake, to the moment we enjoyed it at the wedding, our experience with Cheryl was wonderful. She is so incredibly sweet and she even sent us samples of all of her flavors in the mail so we could find our favorites! Both the wedding cake and the groom’s cake turned out beautifully and tasted amazing. All of our guests were extremely pleased and couldn’t stop talking about the cakes. We would definitely choose her if we were to do it all again and would highly recommend the Cake Destination to anyone who is getting married in the Destin area.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/14/2018

If you are getting married in the Destin area, you need to get your cake from Cheryl and The Cake Destination! Cheryl met with my family and me early on in the process so we could taste many different flavors of cake and they were all so flavorful and delicious! We narrowed it down to three flavors and they were just as delicious on my wedding day as they were at the tasting! Cheryl worked to make the design I wanted come to life even though she hadn’t ever done one exactly as I wanted before. She also made gorgeous sugar hibiscus flowers that cascaded down the cake and she worked tirelessly to get the flowers the color I wanted even though it wasn’t easy! I can’t stress enough how amazing she was to work with and how delicious her cakes are! She even made fillings to put on the side so that guests could add a little more flavor only if they wanted to! We tasted with three different bakers and she was by far the best!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Cheryl was the sweetest lady in the whole entire world. She was so easy to work with and genuinely cared about my husband and I and making the best cake she could make. We did a grooms cake as well and it looked amazing! For our wedding cake, she even brought it succulents from her own garden. Thank you so much Cheryl for all your help!!! If I can add pictures when I get them, I will try to so you can see her amazing cakes!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/09/2017

Cheryl was amazing! She sent cake samples to our house so that we could try the flavors before we picked - it was so much fun to do a taste test in our own house! The cake and desserts were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Cheryl is so passionate and fun to work with, we would definitely recommend her to future brides!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Mona · Married on 09/22/2017

Thank you for a beautiful and delicious cake!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Susan · Married on 08/12/2017

Thoroughly enjoyed working with Cheryl! Our cake tasting was so fun and delicious with an amazing selection of cake flavors to try. Best part, she sent the uneaten samples home with us! She is super friendly and very fun; she made the decision making process painless, we benefited greatly from her years of experience and creative suggestions. But most of all, the cakes were beautiful and delicious!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Marla · Married on 06/09/2017

I cannot say enough about Cheryl's hospitality and the beauty of our wedding cake. She was a pleasure to work with. It's so refreshing to work with someone who is extremely passionate about their craft and delivering an exceptional product and that she did! I was truly blown away when I saw the cake on the main deck of the Solaris yacht. And the best part about it was it tasted as good as it looked!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Carrie · Married on 06/03/2017

I can sum it up in two words - Yummy elegance! Cheryl and her husband were a delight!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Selenia · Married on 05/24/2017

From the moment you step into one of and Cheryl's tastings to the moment that your cake is delivered-you are treated like family. She and Mr Leo are an absolute joy to work with!
    By far the most exquisite and decadent flavors around- the Lemon, Amaretto and Orange flavors were superb. Her cakes are light, fluffy and most importantly moist. We have received many compliments on our beautiful cakes ??
    Ms Cheryl went above and beyond by offering gluten free cupcakes to our family members who cannot tolerate traditional cake and did an absolutely stunning job with the presentation.. we cannot say enough kind words about our experience with this vendor. HIGHLY recommend!! ??????

Sent on 06/03/2017