The Cake Destination Reviews

The Cake Destination 5
The Cake Destination 6
The Cake Destination 7

Kristin Hogan · Married on 11/02/2018

Hire the cake destination now

CHERYL IS AMAZING. She goes above and beyond for her customers!! Our minds were blown when we went to do the tasting and we got to choose from 15 DIFFERENT CAKE FLAVORS!! We ended up with Toasted Coconut, Key Lime, and Godiva White Chocolate. SO SO GOOD. For our desserts we had an awesome spread of magic cookie bars, assorted macaroons, Rice Krispie treats, Italian wedding cookies, cream puffs, and white chocolate covered strawberries. All of our favorite things! Believe it or not it was all devoured by our group of 110 people!!! I've never heard wedding guests rave so much about cake! She worked with me and our florist to get the perfect cake design and to also decorate the dessert table as well. I cannot thank her enough for all of her work in making this day perfect for us! Hire her IMMEDIATELY.

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2018

You MUST hire Cheryl to be your cake lady! She is so easy to work with and thorough and detailed. I was pleasantly surprised that she mailed about 2 dozen delicious samples to Ohio as I was planning a destination wedding. Our cake looked like something from Cake Wars! It was beautiful and tasty and exactly what I had envisioned. I had to attach a picture of our cake so you can see how awesome it was...I didn't want to cut it when the time came. Thanks again, Cheryl!

The Cake Destination 8
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2018

Cheryl and her husband provided us with the most beautiful and tasty cake! Our guests couldn't get enough of the cake. Highly recommend The Cake Destination

The Cake Destination 9

Rebecca · Married on 05/22/2018

I don't even know where to start! Cheryl is the cool aunt we all wish we had! She is amazing at every aspect!!! I am from Buffalo New York so just like everyone else planning a destination wedding it is very hard to pick vendors from so far away. I will say with full honesty that I was beyond pleased in my choice with The Cake Destination that I want everyone getting married in Destin to book with her! I assure you you will not be disappointed! My cupcakes and cakes came out just like the pictures and tasted even better! (you really can taste the love in the cake!)

Thank you Cheryl from the bottom of our hearts!!!

The Cake Destination 10
    The Cake Destination 11
    The Cake Destination 12
    The Cake Destination 13

Sara Katherine · Married on 05/19/2018

I just wanted to thank Cheryl so so much for the absolutely PERFECT cake! It was everything I could have wanted in a wedding cake. The absolute most beautiful cake I've ever seen! Not to mention absolutely delicious. My husband and I were so proud to serve it at our wedding and I can't tell you how amazing it looked with the adorable little flamingos on top! Thank you so so much for going above and beyond for our special day.

Kristen · Married on 05/19/2018

Cheryl is AMAZING. She is so nice and was nice enough to work with us when we had to change our wedding date. The cake turned our so beautiful and it tasted amazing!!! I couldn't say enough wonderful things about her and the cake. I would highly recommend them!!!

The Cake Destination 14

Rebeca · Married on 04/28/2018

I loved working with The Cake Destination and Cheryl. She was super sweet from the beginning, the whole process was super easy and I absolutely loved my cake!! I got nervous a few weeks before the wedding and second guess my choice and Cheryl was patient with me and she promised my cake was going to be beautiful and I couldn't be any happier with the results! I highly recommend The Cake Destination! you wont regret it! Thank you Cheryl :D

The Cake Destination 15

Brooke · Married on 04/27/2018

Cheryl at the Cake Destination was a joy to work with. From our first phone call when she helped us completely design our perfect cake, to the moment we enjoyed it at the wedding, our experience with Cheryl was wonderful. She is so incredibly sweet and she even sent us samples of all of her flavors in the mail so we could find our favorites! Both the wedding cake and the groom’s cake turned out beautifully and tasted amazing. All of our guests were extremely pleased and couldn’t stop talking about the cakes. We would definitely choose her if we were to do it all again and would highly recommend the Cake Destination to anyone who is getting married in the Destin area.

Amanda · Married on 04/14/2018

If you are getting married in the Destin area, you need to get your cake from Cheryl and The Cake Destination! Cheryl met with my family and me early on in the process so we could taste many different flavors of cake and they were all so flavorful and delicious! We narrowed it down to three flavors and they were just as delicious on my wedding day as they were at the tasting! Cheryl worked to make the design I wanted come to life even though she hadn’t ever done one exactly as I wanted before. She also made gorgeous sugar hibiscus flowers that cascaded down the cake and she worked tirelessly to get the flowers the color I wanted even though it wasn’t easy! I can’t stress enough how amazing she was to work with and how delicious her cakes are! She even made fillings to put on the side so that guests could add a little more flavor only if they wanted to! We tasted with three different bakers and she was by far the best!

The Cake Destination 16
  • User6602439 · Recently married

Cheryl was the sweetest lady in the whole entire world. She was so easy to work with and genuinely cared about my husband and I and making the best cake she could make. We did a grooms cake as well and it looked amazing! For our wedding cake, she even brought it succulents from her own garden. Thank you so much Cheryl for all your help!!! If I can add pictures when I get them, I will try to so you can see her amazing cakes!

Jessica · Married on 12/09/2017

Cheryl was amazing! She sent cake samples to our house so that we could try the flavors before we picked - it was so much fun to do a taste test in our own house! The cake and desserts were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Cheryl is so passionate and fun to work with, we would definitely recommend her to future brides!

Mona · Married on 09/22/2017

Thank you for a beautiful and delicious cake!

Susan · Married on 08/12/2017

Thoroughly enjoyed working with Cheryl! Our cake tasting was so fun and delicious with an amazing selection of cake flavors to try. Best part, she sent the uneaten samples home with us! She is super friendly and very fun; she made the decision making process painless, we benefited greatly from her years of experience and creative suggestions. But most of all, the cakes were beautiful and delicious!!

Marla · Married on 06/09/2017

I cannot say enough about Cheryl's hospitality and the beauty of our wedding cake. She was a pleasure to work with. It's so refreshing to work with someone who is extremely passionate about their craft and delivering an exceptional product and that she did! I was truly blown away when I saw the cake on the main deck of the Solaris yacht. And the best part about it was it tasted as good as it looked!!

The Cake Destination 17
    The Cake Destination 18
    The Cake Destination 19
    The Cake Destination 20

Carrie · Married on 06/03/2017

I can sum it up in two words - Yummy elegance! Cheryl and her husband were a delight!

Selenia · Married on 05/24/2017

From the moment you step into one of and Cheryl's tastings to the moment that your cake is delivered-you are treated like family. She and Mr Leo are an absolute joy to work with!
    By far the most exquisite and decadent flavors around- the Lemon, Amaretto and Orange flavors were superb. Her cakes are light, fluffy and most importantly moist. We have received many compliments on our beautiful cakes ??
    Ms Cheryl went above and beyond by offering gluten free cupcakes to our family members who cannot tolerate traditional cake and did an absolutely stunning job with the presentation.. we cannot say enough kind words about our experience with this vendor. HIGHLY recommend!! ??????

Diana · Married on 05/20/2017

We loved working with Cheryll! She really took into consideration all of our requests ( like making a layer of Dairy-free cake) and made the most perfect cake. She gave us a lot of advice and helped us throughout this whole process. I would recommend Cheryl to everyone!

Maritza · Married on 05/20/2017

Cheryl was an absolutely wonderful person to work with for our wedding cake! We live in Colorado and were planning to get married in Destin, FL and had to do everything from afar. Cheryl made that SO easy. We talked on the phone, got to know one another, and then she MAILED us a dozen or so cake samples to trial. That was one of the highlights of wedding planning for us. We ended up having a mini cake tasting with our maid of honor and picked two different cakes for our wedding cake, and surprised my husband with a grooms cake - it was chocolate and peanut butter and everyone was raving about it after the wedding. We LOVED every part of working with Cheryl and the cake from the Cake Destination. It could not have been more amazing or delicious! I would recommend her to anyone, she is amazing!!!

Heather · Married on 05/06/2017

Cheryl's cakes are stunning, delicious, and an incredible value for the quality. My hunsband and I had so much fun sampling all the delicious options. We ended up doing a 4 tier French vanilla and amaretto buttercream wedding cake, a chocolate ganache FSU Seminole grooms cake (SO delicious!!), and assorted cupcakes to honor my sister's birthday. Everything looked great and tasted amazing. So pleased with the whole process. Highly recommend!

Chelsea · Married on 05/06/2017

Cheryl was absolutely amazing to work with. She really cared about meeting my expectations and bringing my envision to life. Our cake & cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! Pricing was affordable. I couldn't have asked for a better cake lady!

Brittany · Married on 04/29/2017

When planning a wedding while living outside of the state from where your wedding is occurring, it can sometimes be stressful. When you begin to locate vendors you want someone you feel comfortable with and someone you can trust. Cake Destination is absolutely amazing. From the moment I spoke to Cheryl on the phone, she put me at ease. She offered to even mail me samples could we not make it to Destin to taste test. However that was not needed we went over a holiday weekend she met us at her shop and had a spread ready for our tasting. The cakes are amazing and she will help you to design and come up with the perfect cake for your wedding day. We got some many compliments not only on the beauty of our cake but the taste! If you are searching for a cake vendor give Cheryl a call you will not regret it!Destin Beach

Jamie · Married on 03/18/2017

Cheryl with The Cake Destination is a joy to work with. You truly feel like family. It did not feel like we were working with a business...it felt like we were working with a close family member that REALLY put her heart and soul into the quality of our cake.

We were a destination wedding and I just love how easy it was to get in contact with Cheryl. You can tell she LOVES what she does and is very knowledgeable in her craft. She thinks about the special touches and memories. For example, our cake tasting was fun. She had tons of flavors we could taste and take home and she did all of this complimentary. We didn't waste any time hiring her on the spot.

The design of the cake turned out to be AMAZINGGGG!!! Everyone raved on how beautiful the cake looked and how out of this world the cake taste. When I walked into the room I couldn't help but cry because every single detail was PERFECT!!!

Cheryl seriously knows what she is doing and you can sit back and relax in knowing that your cake will look and taste amazing. Her prices are incredible and you will be very pleased. Trust me do not waste another minute. Call her today!!! Thank you Cheryl for everything. You are the BEST!!!

Curtis · Married on 03/18/2017

We absolutely love Cheryl!! She is a joy to work with. Very professional and still very personable. We would recommend The Cake Destination to everyone! Top Notch!! Call Cheryl and look no farther!

Verniece · Married on 02/17/2017

I highly recommend The Cake Destination! Cheryl is a pure joy to work with. Her friendliness, energy and enthusiasm are infectious. She listens to what you envision for your wedding cake and creates a cake unique to your indivuality. No details are left out, you know exactly when your cake will be delivered, how many people it will serve and she'll even make recommendations to maximize your budget. We were doing a Destination wedding and Cheryl mailed cake samples to try! Cheryl did both the Wedding Cake and the Groom's Cake and both were incredibly beautiful and delicious!