69 Reviews for The Cake Destination

Cupcakes (2)
Pastries (2)
Dessert Buffet (1)
69 The Cake Destination Reviews

I loved working with The Cake Destination and Cheryl. She was super sweet from the beginning, the whole process was super easy and I absolutely loved my cake!! I got nervous a few weeks before the wedding and second guess my choice and Cheryl was patient with me and she promised my cake was going to be beautiful and I couldn't be any happier with the results! I highly recommend The Cake Destination! you wont regret it! Thank you Cheryl :D

Photo for The Cake Destination Review - Beautiful!!
Profile Picture Rebeca, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cheryl at the Cake Destination was a joy to work with. From our first phone call when she helped us completely design our perfect cake, to the moment we enjoyed it at the wedding, our experience with Cheryl was wonderful. She is so incredibly sweet and she even sent us samples of all of her flavors in the mail so we could find our favorites! Both the wedding cake and the groom’s cake turned out beautifully and tasted amazing. All of our guests were extremely pleased and couldn’t stop talking about the cakes. We would definitely choose her if we were to do it all again and would highly recommend the Cake Destination to anyone who is getting married in the Destin area.

Profile Picture Brooke, 4/28/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Groom's Cake

If you are getting married in the Destin area, you need to get your cake from Cheryl and The Cake Destination! Cheryl met with my family and me early on in the process so we could taste many different flavors of cake and they were all so flavorful and delicious! We narrowed it down to three flavors and they were just as delicious on my wedding day as they were at the tasting! Cheryl worked to make the design I wanted come to life even though she hadn’t ever done one exactly as I wanted before. She also made gorgeous sugar hibiscus flowers that cascaded down the cake and she worked tirelessly to get the flowers the color I wanted even though it wasn’t easy! I can’t stress enough how amazing she was to work with and how delicious her cakes are! She even made fillings to put on the side so that guests could add a little more flavor only if they wanted to! We tasted with three different bakers and she was by far the best!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cheryl was the sweetest lady in the whole entire world. She was so easy to work with and genuinely cared about my husband and I and making the best cake she could make. We did a grooms cake as well and it looked amazing! For our wedding cake, she even brought it succulents from her own garden. Thank you so much Cheryl for all your help!!! If I can add pictures when I get them, I will try to so you can see her amazing cakes!

Profile Picture Megan, 12/18/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Cheryl was amazing! She sent cake samples to our house so that we could try the flavors before we picked - it was so much fun to do a taste test in our own house! The cake and desserts were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Cheryl is so passionate and fun to work with, we would definitely recommend her to future brides!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Cookies, Cupcakes, Pastries

Thank you for a beautiful and delicious cake!

Profile Picture Mona, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Thoroughly enjoyed working with Cheryl! Our cake tasting was so fun and delicious with an amazing selection of cake flavors to try. Best part, she sent the uneaten samples home with us! She is super friendly and very fun; she made the decision making process painless, we benefited greatly from her years of experience and creative suggestions. But most of all, the cakes were beautiful and delicious!!

Profile Picture Susan, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I cannot say enough about Cheryl's hospitality and the beauty of our wedding cake. She was a pleasure to work with. It's so refreshing to work with someone who is extremely passionate about their craft and delivering an exceptional product and that she did! I was truly blown away when I saw the cake on the main deck of the Solaris yacht. And the best part about it was it tasted as good as it looked!!

Profile Picture Marla, 6/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Pastries

I can sum it up in two words - Yummy elegance! Cheryl and her husband were a delight!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/3/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cookies, Groom's Cake

From the moment you step into one of and Cheryl's tastings to the moment that your cake is delivered-you are treated like family. She and Mr Leo are an absolute joy to work with!
By far the most exquisite and decadent flavors around- the Lemon, Amaretto and Orange flavors were superb. Her cakes are light, fluffy and most importantly moist. We have received many compliments on our beautiful cakes ??
Ms Cheryl went above and beyond by offering gluten free cupcakes to our family members who cannot tolerate traditional cake and did an absolutely stunning job with the presentation.. we cannot say enough kind words about our experience with this vendor. HIGHLY recommend!! ??????

Profile Picture Selenia, 5/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved working with Cheryll! She really took into consideration all of our requests ( like making a layer of Dairy-free cake) and made the most perfect cake. She gave us a lot of advice and helped us throughout this whole process. I would recommend Cheryl to everyone!

Profile Picture Diana, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cheryl was an absolutely wonderful person to work with for our wedding cake! We live in Colorado and were planning to get married in Destin, FL and had to do everything from afar. Cheryl made that SO easy. We talked on the phone, got to know one another, and then she MAILED us a dozen or so cake samples to trial. That was one of the highlights of wedding planning for us. We ended up having a mini cake tasting with our maid of honor and picked two different cakes for our wedding cake, and surprised my husband with a grooms cake - it was chocolate and peanut butter and everyone was raving about it after the wedding. We LOVED every part of working with Cheryl and the cake from the Cake Destination. It could not have been more amazing or delicious! I would recommend her to anyone, she is amazing!!!

Profile Picture Maritza, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

Cheryl's cakes are stunning, delicious, and an incredible value for the quality. My hunsband and I had so much fun sampling all the delicious options. We ended up doing a 4 tier French vanilla and amaretto buttercream wedding cake, a chocolate ganache FSU Seminole grooms cake (SO delicious!!), and assorted cupcakes to honor my sister's birthday. Everything looked great and tasted amazing. So pleased with the whole process. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cheryl was absolutely amazing to work with. She really cared about meeting my expectations and bringing my envision to life. Our cake & cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! Pricing was affordable. I couldn't have asked for a better cake lady!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

When planning a wedding while living outside of the state from where your wedding is occurring, it can sometimes be stressful. When you begin to locate vendors you want someone you feel comfortable with and someone you can trust. Cake Destination is absolutely amazing. From the moment I spoke to Cheryl on the phone, she put me at ease. She offered to even mail me samples could we not make it to Destin to taste test. However that was not needed we went over a holiday weekend she met us at her shop and had a spread ready for our tasting. The cakes are amazing and she will help you to design and come up with the perfect cake for your wedding day. We got some many compliments not only on the beauty of our cake but the taste! If you are searching for a cake vendor give Cheryl a call you will not regret it!Destin Beach

Profile Picture Brittany , 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely love Cheryl!! She is a joy to work with. Very professional and still very personable. We would recommend The Cake Destination to everyone! Top Notch!! Call Cheryl and look no farther!

Profile Picture Curtis, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cheryl with The Cake Destination is a joy to work with. You truly feel like family. It did not feel like we were working with a business...it felt like we were working with a close family member that REALLY put her heart and soul into the quality of our cake.

We were a destination wedding and I just love how easy it was to get in contact with Cheryl. You can tell she LOVES what she does and is very knowledgeable in her craft. She thinks about the special touches and memories. For example, our cake tasting was fun. She had tons of flavors we could taste and take home and she did all of this complimentary. We didn't waste any time hiring her on the spot.

The design of the cake turned out to be AMAZINGGGG!!! Everyone raved on how beautiful the cake looked and how out of this world the cake taste. When I walked into the room I couldn't help but cry because every single detail was PERFECT!!!

Cheryl seriously knows what she is doing and you can sit back and relax in knowing that your cake will look and taste amazing. Her prices are incredible and you will be very pleased. Trust me do not waste another minute. Call her today!!! Thank you Cheryl for everything. You are the BEST!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend The Cake Destination! Cheryl is a pure joy to work with. Her friendliness, energy and enthusiasm are infectious. She listens to what you envision for your wedding cake and creates a cake unique to your indivuality. No details are left out, you know exactly when your cake will be delivered, how many people it will serve and she'll even make recommendations to maximize your budget. We were doing a Destination wedding and Cheryl mailed cake samples to try! Cheryl did both the Wedding Cake and the Groom's Cake and both were incredibly beautiful and delicious!

Profile Picture Verniece, 2/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Delivery, Setup

Cheryl with Cake Destination was wonderful to work with and our cake was a delicious work of art! I came in with ideas and she brought them to life, including incorporating the real flowers used in my bouquet. I interviewed several cake bakers and Cheryl actually "interviewed" my husband and I because she wanted to make sure she was a good fit for us. She's so much fun and gave us so many cake choices but in the end, she created an amazing cake that was exactly what I envisioned. Having a destination wedding can be stressful and dealing with a professional like Cheryl made it so nice.

Profile Picture Lyda, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

First and foremost, The Cake Destination has the most delicious cake I've ever had!!! And Cheryl is lovely! So upbeat and sincere! Made the whole experience amazing! I think I want to adopt her into my family! I was completely in love with the cake she designed from my inspiration pics and ideas. She and her hubby are truly gifted!

Profile Picture Renee, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Cheryl is amazing!! I gave her my budget and she came up with the perfect idea for our wedding! My cake was beautiful and delicious! I loved that Cheryl was so personable, we exchanged a few emails but she likedid to communicate by phone call. I highly recommend The Cake Destination!

Profile Picture Misty, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had our wedding at Henderson Park Inn on 10/23/2016. Cheryl did such a amazing job on our beautiful cake. I found one of her cakes that she had previously made on Pinterest. We went with her French vanilla and white chocolate flavors, which were delicious! Plus, Cheryl is so sweet and kind! She was wonderful to work with! She really cared about what my husband and I wanted and ahe absolutely nailed it! Thanks Cheryl!!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cheryl did an amazing job with our cake! 1st off, she has the best attitude ever! She's a go getter and she wants to make your cake exactly how you dream it. We looked at a couple pictures and took ideas from all of them and she turned it into the idea I had in my head. When I saw it on my wedding day I was so happy with the final product!!! I was laughing too because the next day my husband asked where the rest of the cake went. I told him we saved the top but the rest got eaten by guests. hahaha he was so shocked, but I wasn't because everyone was coming up to me saying the cake was amazing. I kept hearing "It's like real cake! Not like yucky fondant cake" :) That made me so happy. Our tasting was amazing too! She had 12 flavors for us to try so don't worry about choices... she's got it all.

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Cheryl is great and really nice to work with. She really likes to personalize her experience with each bride and groom and was always on top of everything. She did a fantastic job on our cake and cupcakes! She is a very sweet lady and loves what she does!

Profile Picture User7755167, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews