The Buccaneer Reviews

The Buccaneer 7
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Paret · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Wedding at the Buccaneer

Our wedding experience was lovely! The Buccaneer staff made the experience seamless. The staff was extremely attentive, friendly and responsive.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Monica Cater · Getting married on 08/03/2020

Amazing Wedding!!

The Buccaneer is a special place--beautiful, peaceful and serene yet fun and exciting too. We are so happy we had our private wedding there! Laura, our wedding planner, made the day magical and stress free. A big thank you to all who played a role in our dream wedding. We highly recommend the Buccaneer for a destination wedding!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    The Buccaneer 16
    The Buccaneer 17

Shavon Andrews · Married on 06/24/2019

Mr & Mrs Andrews Destination Wedding

What a beautiful wedding we had at the Buccaneer Resort! The staff was exceptional and friendly! Our wedding coordinator Laura was outstanding and accommodated us after our first venue was shutdown due to the hurricanes! We are extremely grateful and thankful to have gotten married in beautiful St. Croix on Mermaid Beach!

Thank you to the Buccaneer Family for hosting our special day and sharing in our love story! We will be back! Our oceanfront room was beautiful! Thank you for all the wonderful Buccaneer wedding gifts! We created memories together that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    The Buccaneer 18
    The Buccaneer 19
  • Larry

Larry · Married on 05/15/2019

Perfect Wedding! Perfect Location!

My wife and I got married on Whistle Beach at The Buccaneer in May 2019. It exceeded our expectations. From planning the wedding to the honeymoon, we could not have picked a better place. Laura helped us all the way. She was gracious, organized, and patient. We could not have pulled it off without you. I can't say enough about The Buccaneer. We enjoyed the beaches, the food, and the staff immensely. Kelly Greer was our photographer and did an amazing job. The dinner at the Sugar Mill was cozy and nice. We loved every minute of it. Highly recommend The Buccaneer for your wedding and honeymoon. We are already planning an anniversary in St. Croix and at The Buccaneer.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Tracey · Married on 05/06/2019

Magical place to get married with spectacular service!

I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wishing to have an amazing destination wedding. From the moment we stepped in the door at the Buckineer we were treated like we were special. We eloped so it was just the two of us but the way we were pampered and treated made us feel like we had a large wedding. Laura, our wedding coordinator was more than I could have asked for. We booked our trip months in advance and she was in contact from the very beginning, emailing all the information I needed and always responding promptly. She walked us through the wedding license process and made sure we did everything we needed to do to have a stress free week! She even went to the courthouse when our official marriage license was lost in the mail and she picked up another one for us and rush delivered it. Just amazing service!

You also can't beat the views, spectacular clear blue waters, and calm beaches. The hilltop view is breathtaking! Our pictures from our wedding are amazing. I would highly recommend the resort and we plan on returning often.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Sharon

Sharon Brown · Married on 04/04/2018

Wonderful Week

We had a wonderful wedding with professional staff. All our needs were taken care of with no worries. The food, the room, the beaches, and the night life were fantastic. We couldn't ask for more! We are returning for another stay this year.!!! We also loved meeting the owner and can't wait for another week of paradise!!!

Sent on 01/13/2019
    The Buccaneer 20
    The Buccaneer 21
    The Buccaneer 22
    The Buccaneer 23
    The Buccaneer 24

Molly · Married on 11/18/2017

From day one, The Buccaneer has been fantastic to work with. We got married on November 18, 2017 at Mermaid Beach after the Island had gone through a terrible hurricane season - but you wouldn’t have even been able to tell when you were at the resort. Everything was beautiful! Erin, our coordinator, was fantastic at booking all our vendors, setting up a beautiful ceremony and reception, and taking care of all of our guests and our needs. I truly couldn’t have asked for a more perfect wedding. The packages they offer are at a great value for what you receive - food, cake, floral, etc. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this establishment and the employees. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing!

Nichole · Married on 08/19/2017

We had a beautiful, perfect wedding! It was like a fairy tale come true! All our guest were so amazed by the beauty of our destination, The Buccaneer, it was the best!

The Buccaneer 25

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2017

The Buccaneer provided such a stressfree wonderful wedding! From the amazing wedding planner who works with you to create your dream, to the beach and decorations at your ceremony, along with the guest brunch the following day to keep the celebration going- everything was more perfect than I could have imagined! The resort is incredible and the staff is friendly. I would do it all over again with them!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Maria · Married on 07/07/2017

Erin was amazing! All details were taken care of and she made our wedding truly stress free!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Rachelle · Married on 05/06/2017

We had the best wedding EVER at The Buccaneer! Everyone was wonderful and all of our guests said they enjoyed themselves and loved the resort. We cannot wait to come back. Erin and the whole staff were amazing.

The Buccaneer 26
    The Buccaneer 31
    The Buccaneer 32
    The Buccaneer 33

Alexcia · Married on 04/07/2017

I couldn't recommend The Buccaneer enough to anyone looking to get married in St. Croix. Josefa and Erin were absolutely AMAZING in helping us plan our perfect wedding week. Josefa was so helpful and willing to answer any and all of my questions through the entire process of planning the wedding. She made great suggestions and was always willing to work with the ideas that I had. I felt so comfortable and confident in trusting her to handle our wedding. The entire staff at the Buccaneer was great too. They were so kind and helpful to us and all of our family members! We can't thank the staff at the Buccaneer enough for helping create the wedding of our dreams!!!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 12/16/2016

Erin and all the staff at the Buccaneer that took part in our wedding day made it so special and unforgettable. Erin guided us so well through 10 months of planning prior to our wedding day and alleviated a lot of stress. You couldn’t ask for a more incredible location with the best choices available on all aspects of the wedding day. Our photographer Lindsay was incredible and took magnificent pictures. Louise, our officiant also made us feel like she knew us forever. Gail, who was brought on site to do my hair, as well as, the other ladies in the wedding party and guests, did such an amazing job and was so nice, putting me at ease right away.
    Music contributions by Steven Katz and Bill Bass added so much to our ceremony and cocktail hour which made our day even more memorable. The food was delicious and the flowers, decorations and setting made my vision and dream come true. We can’t thank Erin and The Buccaneer enough for making it the best day ever!

Sent on 01/17/2018
    The Buccaneer 42
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 05/14/2016

Our fairytale wedding

Let me start off by saying this place is paradise! We choose this resort based off all the great reviews I read. I did a lot of researching. I began in August 2018 planning our wedding with the resort coordinator Erin and let me just tell you that she is more than amazing. From our very first conversation she made me feel at ease and confident that she would plan our day. I'm the type person who always has questions and she was always there to answer them very quickly and always friendly. She made our wedding day perfect. I had my hair and makeup done, which Erin sets up, and the ladies came right to our room. Literally you do not have to plan a thing. She does everything for you. We got married on Whistle beach which is a secluded/private beach. It was right around the corner from our honeymoon suite. It was just the two of us so it was very private and romantic. Erin picks you up in the resort van from your room and drives you to the beach where everything is set up and just beautiful! We had a photographer take our pictures and let me say that Kelly Greer was amazing at capturing our special moments as we became husband and wife! We spent 7 days at the resort. Arrived on a Sunday and got married on Wednesday. The entire week was paradise. The staff is wonderful and accommodating. Anything we needed it was there quickly. The front desk staff was amazing as well as the concierge desk. Nadia, Joel, and Julisa were just wonderful. Everyone was but I just don't have everyone's name. The resort is clean and the food is delicious and the drinks were awesome. Every morning you get to eat up at the Terrace for breakfast. They have a full breakfast bar with anything you could ever want and that is included in the package an no additional charge. There was a gentleman there every morning to great us, welcoming us, he was so pleasant. We looked forward to seeing him every morning. If you are planning a trip to St. Croix and want a fabulous place to stay I highly recommend the Buccaneer. If you are planning to get married while there I highly recommend you contact Erin. You will not regret it!! I can't thank Erin or the Buccaneer Staff enough for everything. They made our wedding day a fairytale! This place will always hold a special place in heart. We are already planning on returning for our 1st Anniversary and many more visits to come!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Erika was our coordinator and she was amazing! From her first email all the way through to after our wedding she was always prompt, kind, incredibly helpful, and just so great to work with!!! Please note I had contacted about a dozen other resorts searching for the perfect place to get married. Let me tell you- THE BUCCANEER IS IT! It is not only a literal paradise location but these guys know how to do weddings! They took care of everything and all my (now) husband and I had to do was relax and show up when they told us to! It was the best day and best vacation of our lives and we can't wait to come back here to celebrate many anniversaries!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Jaimie · Married on 11/13/2014

We just arrived home from eloping with our family in St. Croix and I couldn't wait to write a raving review! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, special wedding!
    We began planning our wedding since February 2014. Corinne was beyond wonderful from start to finish. She was very accessible, prompt, thorough, professional and friendly. I literally did not have to stress about one detail or part of the planning for the wedding ceremony or our stay at The Buccaneer. The Elopement Package included everything we needed. The Spa was the perfect place to have my hair and make up done. I was very satisfied that I did not have to leave the resort for anything we needed!
    We also had special circumstances for our wedding ceremony as were brought our two young children with us to be a part of our ceremony. This is one of the many reasons that we chose The Buccaneer, as the resort had many positive reviews for being family friendly, which it certainly was!
    Corinne helped us select our officiant, Louise and photographer, Lindsay. I can not say enough positive things about either Louise or Lindsay as well. They both understood our special circumstances with including our young children in our ceremony. Louise guided us and made the ceremony flow perfectly, made it peaceful when we needed it, Lindsay just has this incredible energy and our photo shoot at the beach and the golf course was beautiful. We can not wait to see our gallery! Corinne was extremely accommodating as she helped with our children during the ceremony and to allow us capture moments alone with Lindsay, We stayed on the resort and all the resort staff treated us like we were visiting family. Our wedding dinner was out of this world. It was so touching that another couple behind us at our dinner was returning for their 30th wedding anniversary and they had also been married at The Buccaneer. I highly recommend getting married and staying at The Buccaneer! We also plan to return for future anniversaries!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Ceremony and reception was awesome and fun and I highly recommend them

Sent on 11/03/2014

MOLLY · Married on 06/14/2014

I NEVER write reviews. NEVER. I feel obligated to let prospective brides (and grooms) know what am AMAZING place this was for my wedding. I had never been to St. Croix and picked it by process of elimination. From the first contact, 9 months before the wedding, Kim Hummers (wedding planner) was on top of everything. I live in NYC and have a high sense of urgency, which Kim exceeded. There was not ONE THING that I would have done differently. She organized everything from when we (and my guests) landed to when we left. The rehearsal dinner, the day of spa appointments, the ceremony, dinner, and brunch the next day was all PERFECT. There were signs for us and well marked directions for my guests. The cars picked everyone up within a few seconds of calling. Everyone was gracious and treated us like we were royalty. We had DJ Q, who played the perfect selection if music. Kim made my wedding the fairy tale I was hoping for. I literally cannot say enough about having your wedding here.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Lauren and Joshua · Married on 12/20/2013

Corinne was amazing! Corinne made a very special day happen in a very short period of time for my wife and I. She made everything very easy and took the tension and stress out of what could have been a very hectic time for us. She made all the arrangements and we had our choice of the vendors for our day and everything was amazing. The venue (our very own private beach), the officiant Louise (so perfectly in tune with our desired ceremony), the photographer Lindsay (captured some of the most amazing moments), were all from Corinne and we even had a violin player playing at the ceremony on the beach. It was all so perfect and we wanted to thank Corinne so much for all the amazing work she did. We were extremely happy with her attention to detail, professionalism, friendliness and availability.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Brian · Married on 11/27/2013

Corinne was fantastic! We really appreciated our day! We couldn't have asked for anything else. The Buccaneer was wonderful. Corinne took care of every detail we needed. I would highly recommend her, and the Buccaneer for any occasion you may have.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Mary · Married on 11/27/2013

The Buccaneer was a wonderful place for our wedding. The people were professional and friendly. The beach was gorgeous. The food was delicious. I would highly recommend this resort.

Sent on 01/02/2014

aubrie · Married on 11/23/2013

The Buccaneer was more than we could have ever asked for. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I work in the wedding industry and was surprised that the services on the Island matched or exceeded some of the best in the states. The staff was friendly and warm and that extended throughout the week after our wedding as we stayed for our honeymoon. We wouldn't change a thing - the staff - Corrine, Ashley and Ruby were outstanding. Our photographer Lindsay was also amazing. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Callie · Married on 11/16/2013

We were blown away by the service, professionalism, and friendliness of everyone at the Buccaneer. The wedding planning process was simple, straightforward, and even fun. Corinne took care of everything and deserves a medal for her patience and thoroughness. The actual wedding event was amazing. It was clear that the folks at the Buccaneer have this process down to a science and it made for a smooth event. Even the details that were part of the package deal we very nice. I'm not one to get worked up about centerpiece, but was pleasantly impressed by the quality and tastefulness of these details. Even the outside vendors were great. We especially loved the DJ, and I know no one who has ever said that after their wedding!

Finally, we must praise the entire staff at the Buccaneer. Everyone from the front desk and concierge staff to the wait staff in the restaurant to the guys who never failed to stop and give me a ride up the hill were all just wonderful! They were throughtful and friendly and made life easy. Exactly the people you want to meet while on vacation. We didn't meet anyone at the Buccaneer who did not exemplify these qualities.

The best compliment we could share is the feedback we received from our guests who joined us for our wedding weekend. Everyone told us repeatedly how impressed they were with the facility and the staff. I can't tell you how many times one if our guests said to me, "everyone is just so nice here." And it is true. Thank you for not only making our wedding a very special event, but making all of our guests feel warm and welcome.

Sent on 12/22/2013

Susan · Married on 08/03/2013

The Buccaneer is absolutely the best place to have a destination wedding. The event planners are awesome. They were very professional and provided us with a stress free wedding planning experience. The venue is beautiful, it is a fantastic backdrop for wedding photos. The Chef at the Brass Parrot provided us with a delicious selection of appetizers and entrees, the making for a wonderful reception. The Buccaneer staff was great, they were very helpful, polite and provided first class service 24/7. We plan on going back next year for vacation because we had such a great experience.

Sent on 08/22/2013