The Buccaneer Reviews

The Buccaneer 5
The Buccaneer 6
The Buccaneer 7

Molly · Married on 11/18/2017

From day one, The Buccaneer has been fantastic to work with. We got married on November 18, 2017 at Mermaid Beach after the Island had gone through a terrible hurricane season - but you wouldn’t have even been able to tell when you were at the resort. Everything was beautiful! Erin, our coordinator, was fantastic at booking all our vendors, setting up a beautiful ceremony and reception, and taking care of all of our guests and our needs. I truly couldn’t have asked for a more perfect wedding. The packages they offer are at a great value for what you receive - food, cake, floral, etc. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this establishment and the employees. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing!

Nichole · Married on 08/19/2017

We had a beautiful, perfect wedding! It was like a fairy tale come true! All our guest were so amazed by the beauty of our destination, The Buccaneer, it was the best!

The Buccaneer 17

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2017

The Buccaneer provided such a stressfree wonderful wedding! From the amazing wedding planner who works with you to create your dream, to the beach and decorations at your ceremony, along with the guest brunch the following day to keep the celebration going- everything was more perfect than I could have imagined! The resort is incredible and the staff is friendly. I would do it all over again with them!

Maria · Married on 07/07/2017

Erin was amazing! All details were taken care of and she made our wedding truly stress free!

Rachelle · Married on 05/06/2017

We had the best wedding EVER at The Buccaneer! Everyone was wonderful and all of our guests said they enjoyed themselves and loved the resort. We cannot wait to come back. Erin and the whole staff were amazing.

The Buccaneer 18
    The Buccaneer 23
    The Buccaneer 24
    The Buccaneer 25

Alexcia · Married on 04/07/2017

I couldn't recommend The Buccaneer enough to anyone looking to get married in St. Croix. Josefa and Erin were absolutely AMAZING in helping us plan our perfect wedding week. Josefa was so helpful and willing to answer any and all of my questions through the entire process of planning the wedding. She made great suggestions and was always willing to work with the ideas that I had. I felt so comfortable and confident in trusting her to handle our wedding. The entire staff at the Buccaneer was great too. They were so kind and helpful to us and all of our family members! We can't thank the staff at the Buccaneer enough for helping create the wedding of our dreams!!!

Erika was our coordinator and she was amazing! From her first email all the way through to after our wedding she was always prompt, kind, incredibly helpful, and just so great to work with!!! Please note I had contacted about a dozen other resorts searching for the perfect place to get married. Let me tell you- THE BUCCANEER IS IT! It is not only a literal paradise location but these guys know how to do weddings! They took care of everything and all my (now) husband and I had to do was relax and show up when they told us to! It was the best day and best vacation of our lives and we can't wait to come back here to celebrate many anniversaries!

Jaimie · Married on 11/13/2014

We just arrived home from eloping with our family in St. Croix and I couldn't wait to write a raving review! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, special wedding!
    We began planning our wedding since February 2014. Corinne was beyond wonderful from start to finish. She was very accessible, prompt, thorough, professional and friendly. I literally did not have to stress about one detail or part of the planning for the wedding ceremony or our stay at The Buccaneer. The Elopement Package included everything we needed. The Spa was the perfect place to have my hair and make up done. I was very satisfied that I did not have to leave the resort for anything we needed!
    We also had special circumstances for our wedding ceremony as were brought our two young children with us to be a part of our ceremony. This is one of the many reasons that we chose The Buccaneer, as the resort had many positive reviews for being family friendly, which it certainly was!
    Corinne helped us select our officiant, Louise and photographer, Lindsay. I can not say enough positive things about either Louise or Lindsay as well. They both understood our special circumstances with including our young children in our ceremony. Louise guided us and made the ceremony flow perfectly, made it peaceful when we needed it, Lindsay just has this incredible energy and our photo shoot at the beach and the golf course was beautiful. We can not wait to see our gallery! Corinne was extremely accommodating as she helped with our children during the ceremony and to allow us capture moments alone with Lindsay, We stayed on the resort and all the resort staff treated us like we were visiting family. Our wedding dinner was out of this world. It was so touching that another couple behind us at our dinner was returning for their 30th wedding anniversary and they had also been married at The Buccaneer. I highly recommend getting married and staying at The Buccaneer! We also plan to return for future anniversaries!

Ceremony and reception was awesome and fun and I highly recommend them

MOLLY · Married on 06/14/2014

I NEVER write reviews. NEVER. I feel obligated to let prospective brides (and grooms) know what am AMAZING place this was for my wedding. I had never been to St. Croix and picked it by process of elimination. From the first contact, 9 months before the wedding, Kim Hummers (wedding planner) was on top of everything. I live in NYC and have a high sense of urgency, which Kim exceeded. There was not ONE THING that I would have done differently. She organized everything from when we (and my guests) landed to when we left. The rehearsal dinner, the day of spa appointments, the ceremony, dinner, and brunch the next day was all PERFECT. There were signs for us and well marked directions for my guests. The cars picked everyone up within a few seconds of calling. Everyone was gracious and treated us like we were royalty. We had DJ Q, who played the perfect selection if music. Kim made my wedding the fairy tale I was hoping for. I literally cannot say enough about having your wedding here.

Lauren and Joshua · Married on 12/20/2013

Corinne was amazing! Corinne made a very special day happen in a very short period of time for my wife and I. She made everything very easy and took the tension and stress out of what could have been a very hectic time for us. She made all the arrangements and we had our choice of the vendors for our day and everything was amazing. The venue (our very own private beach), the officiant Louise (so perfectly in tune with our desired ceremony), the photographer Lindsay (captured some of the most amazing moments), were all from Corinne and we even had a violin player playing at the ceremony on the beach. It was all so perfect and we wanted to thank Corinne so much for all the amazing work she did. We were extremely happy with her attention to detail, professionalism, friendliness and availability.

Brian · Married on 11/27/2013

Corinne was fantastic! We really appreciated our day! We couldn't have asked for anything else. The Buccaneer was wonderful. Corinne took care of every detail we needed. I would highly recommend her, and the Buccaneer for any occasion you may have.

Mary · Married on 11/27/2013

The Buccaneer was a wonderful place for our wedding. The people were professional and friendly. The beach was gorgeous. The food was delicious. I would highly recommend this resort.

aubrie · Married on 11/23/2013

The Buccaneer was more than we could have ever asked for. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I work in the wedding industry and was surprised that the services on the Island matched or exceeded some of the best in the states. The staff was friendly and warm and that extended throughout the week after our wedding as we stayed for our honeymoon. We wouldn't change a thing - the staff - Corrine, Ashley and Ruby were outstanding. Our photographer Lindsay was also amazing. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

Callie · Married on 11/16/2013

We were blown away by the service, professionalism, and friendliness of everyone at the Buccaneer. The wedding planning process was simple, straightforward, and even fun. Corinne took care of everything and deserves a medal for her patience and thoroughness. The actual wedding event was amazing. It was clear that the folks at the Buccaneer have this process down to a science and it made for a smooth event. Even the details that were part of the package deal we very nice. I'm not one to get worked up about centerpiece, but was pleasantly impressed by the quality and tastefulness of these details. Even the outside vendors were great. We especially loved the DJ, and I know no one who has ever said that after their wedding!

Finally, we must praise the entire staff at the Buccaneer. Everyone from the front desk and concierge staff to the wait staff in the restaurant to the guys who never failed to stop and give me a ride up the hill were all just wonderful! They were throughtful and friendly and made life easy. Exactly the people you want to meet while on vacation. We didn't meet anyone at the Buccaneer who did not exemplify these qualities.

The best compliment we could share is the feedback we received from our guests who joined us for our wedding weekend. Everyone told us repeatedly how impressed they were with the facility and the staff. I can't tell you how many times one if our guests said to me, "everyone is just so nice here." And it is true. Thank you for not only making our wedding a very special event, but making all of our guests feel warm and welcome.

Susan · Married on 08/03/2013

The Buccaneer is absolutely the best place to have a destination wedding. The event planners are awesome. They were very professional and provided us with a stress free wedding planning experience. The venue is beautiful, it is a fantastic backdrop for wedding photos. The Chef at the Brass Parrot provided us with a delicious selection of appetizers and entrees, the making for a wonderful reception. The Buccaneer staff was great, they were very helpful, polite and provided first class service 24/7. We plan on going back next year for vacation because we had such a great experience.

Planning a beach wedding from thousands of miles away seems daunting. However with our first communication with Corinne and the Buccaneer staff, they gain our confidence and trust allowing us to enjoy the experience. She recommended the officiant, photographer and florist. All of whom exceeded our expectations of professionalism.
    Also my experience at the salon for wedding hair and makeup was exactly what I wanted. The food was incredible, the staff have true Caribbean hospitality and our beach wedding photos are dramatic!

GiGi · Married on 04/24/2013

Our wedding memories will be a forever treasure do to our selecting the Buccaneer and their fabulous wedding service. Every detail was taken care of and all we had to do was bring the tux and the gown.

The intimacy of the site and the details that the staff took care of made me feel like Cinderella!! The setting was so much more than I expected and I was so happy with the service and the photos. Everyone back home was in awe of the pictorial event and the details of the event. Long flight/connections from where I live, but I would go back in a minute to have my wedding there again.

The Buccaneer was an amazing place to have our wedding. Our guests enjoyed themselves tremendously and cannot stop talking about their time there. Corinne was an extraordinary wedding planner and took the time to make our day memorable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Shout out to Corinne, Patrick, Mo and Vasco!!!!

Nicole · Married on 04/03/2013

I was very impressed. I was so nervous about the smallest thing going wrong on my wedding, as most bride's worry about. However, not only was it perfect,it even exceeded my expectations. The staff was excellent and on top of everything. The wedding scenery and set up was like a fairytale. Everyone had a wonderful time and fond memories. It was also very little work on my end. I basically chose what I wanted and they found it and made it happen.

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2012

Our wedding on Mermaid Beach at The Buccaneer was absolutely SPECTACULAR!! I basically informed them of our desires / special requests and they handled EVERYTHING and it was so beautiful!! Could not have been more perfect.

Samantha · Married on 07/14/2012

Corinne, the wedding coordinator at the Buccaneer was wonderful and extremely responsive. Everything was perfect. The hotel took care of everything. I picked my vendors & they were wonderful. I had Quiana Adams for photography & MJS Visions for videography. The food at the hotel was great & that included on days that were not wedding related. Very convenient to have everything on one site from the rehearsal dinner to the wedding brunch. Beautiful grounds - perfect for pictures.

Rose · Married on 05/04/2012

My husband and I were married at The Buccaneer in St. Croix last year. We had the "Elope Package" that included all the things necessary for our perfect wedding! The staff was absolutely amazing and handled every detail so that we could just relax and have fun! Neither of us wanted a wedding that would be high stress, but we do have high standards, and The Buccaneer certainly came through on all levels. Fantastic local flowers, transportation, a great photographer, dinner reservations, every single detail - even my hair and makeup (which I was super nervous about) were a breeze. I highly recommend getting married here and we can't wait to come back for our anniversary & to race St. Croix 70.3 again!

diane · Married on 03/24/2012

Our wedding day was perfect.We did visit the Buccaneer before choosing our location. We didnt have to . Corrine did everything! Not a glitch. Not a flaw. No complaints here.We will visit The Buccaneer for years to come. Your treated like an old friend thats coming home at the Buccaneer.