The Brushing Bride Reviews

118 Reviews for The Brushing Bride

• Nicole

Nicole Denno · Married on 10/24/2020

Best service ever!

Working with Dana & Nicole was such an incredible experience. Not only are they professional, responsive, & great at their jobs, but they’re just all around a fun team to work with. They make you feel like you’re their biggest priority, no matter how many events they have going on. They’ll befriend you & your friends, tell hilarious stories & quickly become two of your favorite people. They are so fun & easy to work with & truly take the stress away from you. They have the wedding day timeline perfectly scheduled, down to the minute. When you book with The Brushing Bride, you’re booking much more than a hair & makeup team. You’re booking a support system, hype girls, & de-stressor all in one! I cannot Recommend them enough!

• Callie

Callie Zulick · Married on 10/17/2020

Highly recommend this vendor

I’m so happy and thankful that I chose The Brushing Bride ladies to help with my makeup and hair adventure for my wedding. Not only did they make me feel and look beautiful but I really appreciated the patience they had for my indecisive mother. My mom changed her mind every other day on what she wanted, and Nicole & Dana made accommodations for her at the last second making her very pleased with herself. Thank you so much!!

• Lyn

Lyn Murter · Married on 09/12/2020

Dana is a dream to work with.

Dana was my hair stylist for the wedding and she was an absolute dream to work with for my wedding. I have crazy stubborn curls and she made my hair look stunning. I wish Dana could do my hair everyday because she made me feel like a million dollars. Dana also did three of my bridesmaids hair as well and they all looked stunning. Dana is such a wonderful person and I strongly recommend her for any even that someone needs their hair done for.

Sent on 09/20/2020

Alexandra · Married on 08/28/2020

Absolutely amazing, SO talented!

We got SO lucky being able to work with Nicole to do hair for myself and my bridesmaids!

She is so personable and friendly, and truly went above and beyond to help when our wedding had to be rescheduled due to COVID. She is so talented, we were all blown away with how our looks turned out! She really made us all look and feel so beautiful! I received so many compliments on my hair that night...all thanks to Nicole!!

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Suzanne

Suzanne Neilan Schriver · Married on 01/10/2020

Wonderful experience

I am so happy that I choose Nicole for my daughter's wedding. I was stressed about spending so much money on something that seemed so frivolous…but I am so glad that I did! I don't normally wear much make-up and she helped me look like most beautiful self. I could not be happier--and everything looked as good at 11pm as it did at 11am :) Nicole was an absolute pleasure to work with and is clearly very talented!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Hallock · Married on 12/27/2019

Great hairstylist and even better person to hang out with on your wedding day!

We were referred to Dana by our makeup artist, Rachael from Fleurt Beauty. Dana and her assistant, Jacob, did amazing work and, more importantly, were incredibly fun to hang out with during the morning of our wedding day! Even though we got off to a late start because our venue wasn’t open on time, Dana worked hard to keep the timeline on track while still managing to devote individualized attention to me, my 6 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers. She was an expert at managing all different hair types, from fine and long to short bobs to tight curls. Everyone’s hair looked stunning, and mine was a work of art. I put my ‘do through the ringer and danced my heart out, but it still stayed in place and looked great throughout the night!

Sent on 02/03/2020

Mary Frances Doyle · Married on 12/07/2019

Wonderful!

Brushing Bride was an absolute dream! They made my day so easy and fun. I had 15 folks getting hair and makeup and each of them felt pampered and relaxed. Dana and Nicole’s team was so down to earth it was as if we’d known each other for 15 years. My hair and makeup was perfect and they really work with you to make your look flawless.

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • User7956831 · 1+ year ago

Dana is the greatest

Although I may be bias, Dana is the absolute greatest. My bridesmaids and I looked stunning. She has an amazing personality and is very personable. I can’t recommend Dana enough!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Shayna · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Hair

I booked Dana for my wedding day hair and she did an incredible job! From the very first email communication up until the wedding day, Dana was such a pleasure to work and made me feel so at ease! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/05/2019

Look no further!

I absolutely loved meeting Dana and Nicole of the Brushing Bride for my hair and make up trial. They made me feel so comfortable, not only are they both completely talented, but they are amazing people as well. Dana knocked my messy up do with a twist braid OUT OF THE PARK. You guys, my hair has never looked so good. I was blown away. Nicole made up my girls and I so we we're glammed to the nines! Airbrushing and fake individual lashes for an overall flawless and comfortable look that lasted the whole night. I woke up still looking like a supermodel! The bridesmaids and moms are still talking about Dana and Nicole to this day. Everyone loved them! They are such a fun and talented duo, you won't ever regret booking them for a special event in your life! Thanks Brushing Bride!!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2019

Look No Further

I cannot say enough good things about the Brushing Bride! Dana and Nicole are both incredibly talented and I was so excited to book them for my wedding! Dana was very patient with me during my hair trial prior to the wedding so that I could experiment with multiple looks. Dana and Nicole were so much fun to spend the day with and they both made sure everyone was 100% satisfied with their hairstyles. I would highly recommend them to any future brides!

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Karli

Karli · Married on 05/25/2019

Beyond what I could ask for!

Nicole and Dana were both so personable and amazing at their work. During the trial, they made sure everything was perfect - willing to make any changes to make sure the day of was no stress. They were willing to travel to me and arrived even before the scheduled time. They were both willing to accommodate schedules day of emergencies with covering bruises/mom's hair do help! You cannot go wrong and will be so pleased with this group :)

Sent on 10/16/2019

Laura Willhelm · Married on 05/04/2019

Dana was amazing! She was very flexible with requests and prompt.

Dana came to our location and was extremely professional, honest, and fun!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Marci · Married on 03/30/2019

The Brushing Bride- Dana is the best!

Dana is the best! My sister used Dana for her wedding and I knew I had to use her at my own wedding. Dana is so responsive and so accommodating. I can't thank Dana enough for making my hair look so beautiful for my wedding! It was exactly how I envisioned what I wanted my hair to look like the day of my wedding.
    Dana also did an incredible job on my bridal party and everyone loved how they looked. I would highly recommend The Brushing Bride!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Ally Henig · Married on 03/16/2019

Absolutely incredible!!!

The Brushing Bride team is amazing! The ease of it all made my wedding so much less stressful! I always received a timely response before the wedding and on the day of it was incredible. I felt like a princess and felt heard with everything I wanted for my hair and makeup. If you need someone for hair and/or makeup I 100% recommend going with this wonderful team!

Sent on 04/03/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 01/19/2019

Look your best! Feel your best!

I cannot recommend the Brushing Bride highly enough! Nicole nailed my wedding day look!
    I met Nicole in her studio for a trial one evening about a month before the wedding. She was extremely accommodating and flexible with scheduling around my work hours. I told her I was either going to do a sleeker-looking updo or cut my hair and wear it down. Given the drastic dichotomy of options, Nicole helped me work through what would work and ultimately what would be best... an updo! By the time wedding day came, I had decided on yet another direction... a sweeping, full, romantic updo. With just a couple looks at my Pinterest influences, she was totally able to make my dreams come to fruition. More on that later!
    Like most ladies, I struggle with self esteem sometimes so makeup was really important to me. I wanted to have no doubts about feeling and looking beautiful on my special day. I wanted a super glam look with lashes for daaaaaayyyys. And let me tell you, at the trial and again on wedding day, Nicole gave me the look of my dreams!
    I added on my maid of honor and mom to my wedding day glam sesh as a gift to them since they really aren’t into hair and makeup and were somewhat stressed about what to do. Nicole and her assistant were able to achieve their perfect looks as well- much more natural and beautiful flowing locks!
    Every bride’s worst nightmare is getting sick on their wedding day and that’s exactly what happened to me! When Nicole arrived at 9am wedding day, I had already been up for 8 hours puking and pooping my brains out! Nicole completely rearranged the schedule so that I could take a nap and paused the process frequently so that I could take potty breaks, stay hydrated, and try to keep it together.
    Despite feeling ill, I was super confident about the way I looked all day. Nicole made me feel pretty! She made me feel my best despite not being at my best and that is the greatest gift. Thank you Nicole and Brushing Bride!

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Teal

Teal · Married on 12/22/2018

Loved it--Dana is awesome!

Dana was fabulous! She completely got my vision and when I changed my mind after my trial, she tweaked a few things on the big day and my hair was perfect! It stayed up all night, despite the height and lots of bobby pins! I let my bridesmaids select their own styles and I loved the way they each got to express their own personality and style while keeping it in line with my vintage-themed wedding. I plan to continue with Dana as my regular stylist at her new salon! Wonderful experience!

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Simone

Simone · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing Dana and Nicole

I will never use anyone else! ❤

Ashley B. · Married on 12/01/2018

Hair Miracle Worker

Dana was an absolute godsend! I have very straight hair that doesn't really hold a curl that well and Dana truly worked a miracle giving me the wedding look I wanted - my hair half-down and curled. She was smart to suggest hair-extensions and the finished product lasted the whole night (and in survived the rain!). From the trial, to the day of the wedding, Dana was just a joy to be around and instantly made me relaxed and feel comfortable (in what is a fairly stressful process). The day of - she traveled to be onsite to do my hair, as well as all of our bridesmaids and the mother of the bride. She not only kept us cracking up all morning - but was a complete professional who ensured that everyone was done on time and that their hair would hold throughout the night. Can't go wrong w/ choosing Dana!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2018

They made me and my girls look stunning!

Dana and Nicole were excellent. I had no real idea of what I wanted my look to be. They took the little bit of info I gave them about myself and they me look amazing on my wedding day. I was also happy that my hair and makeup lasted all night! Not to mention they are super personable and made everyone feel at ease.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Wendy

Wendy Goldfarb · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing hair and makeup!

I loved working with Dana and Nicole for our recent wedding. They handled doing the hair and makeup of 7 women like a breeze. Dana worked with me to find a hair style I loved at my trial and it looked even better the second time we did it on my wedding day. Nicole asked me a ton of questions about my makeup preferences and used my feedback to craft such an amazing look. I wish I could look that good every day. They were also just super fun to chat with and have around as my girls and I were getting ready. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly Meehan · Married on 10/27/2018

Nicole was absolutely outstanding.

We are so happy we went with Nicole for our wedding day. Nicole did the hair and make-up for myself and hair for my mom, Nana, mother in law, and our friend who was officiating. I'm the kind of person who doesn't really wear a lot of make up. One of my biggest fears was feeling like I wasn't going to look like myself or look natural. I told Nicole about this and showed her some pictures of what I was thinking and her work exceeded anything I thought was possible. She made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. The hair she did was perfect, even better than the picture I had showed her of what I was thinking and it held the entire night, I didn't lose a single bobby pin. The make up was everything I had wanted. It was natural, yet elegant and classy, the coloring was spot on. I have fair skin and freckles and Nicole used the airbrush very lightly for me and it highlighted everything while still being able to see my freckles. Nicole took the time to listen to what I wanted and answer any questions I had. It was supposed to rain on my wedding day which also made me nervous about the make up but Nicole responded back to my emails right away and put me at ease. One of the best things that we loved was how easy it was to talk to Nicole. I was completely stressed and nervous the day of the wedding and she was able to carry on conversation and joke with me and that helped me so much. We thought of things that would make me laugh during the day and ways to figure out how to prevent me from crying and it ended with everyone in the room laughing and joking and all the stress and nervousness completely leaving me. Nicole helping me through that tension set the tone for the rest of the day and helped me be stress free and truly enjoy every moment of the day. Nicole made my day perfect and I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Sophia Resutek · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommend!

I was thrilled with my wedding day hair thanks to Dana! Dana did an incredible job of listening to what I was looking for and bringing it to life! You can tell she is truly invested in having her bride/bridesmaids happy with their hairstyle. She was extremely helpful the day of the wedding - listening to styling requests, making sure everyone's hair was secure for the windy day and putting in my veil! I am so grateful I was able to have her with me as we were all getting ready! Thank you Dana!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Samantha Mason · Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience. Would recommend.

Dana did hair for me, my mom, and a handful of my bridesmaids for my wedding. Everyone looked great. Plus, she is friendly, easy going, and puts you at ease. She even prepped my extensions and cut them for me the day of to make sure they were perfect. Thanks, Dana!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 09/29/2018

Dana was amazing!! She brought my vision to life and made my bridesmaids and mom look like rockstars! Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/02/2018