The Brushing Bride Reviews

The Brushing Bride 6
The Brushing Bride 7
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 01/19/2019

Look your best! Feel your best!

I cannot recommend the Brushing Bride highly enough! Nicole nailed my wedding day look!
    I met Nicole in her studio for a trial one evening about a month before the wedding. She was extremely accommodating and flexible with scheduling around my work hours. I told her I was either going to do a sleeker-looking updo or cut my hair and wear it down. Given the drastic dichotomy of options, Nicole helped me work through what would work and ultimately what would be best... an updo! By the time wedding day came, I had decided on yet another direction... a sweeping, full, romantic updo. With just a couple looks at my Pinterest influences, she was totally able to make my dreams come to fruition. More on that later!
    Like most ladies, I struggle with self esteem sometimes so makeup was really important to me. I wanted to have no doubts about feeling and looking beautiful on my special day. I wanted a super glam look with lashes for daaaaaayyyys. And let me tell you, at the trial and again on wedding day, Nicole gave me the look of my dreams!
    I added on my maid of honor and mom to my wedding day glam sesh as a gift to them since they really aren’t into hair and makeup and were somewhat stressed about what to do. Nicole and her assistant were able to achieve their perfect looks as well- much more natural and beautiful flowing locks!
    Every bride’s worst nightmare is getting sick on their wedding day and that’s exactly what happened to me! When Nicole arrived at 9am wedding day, I had already been up for 8 hours puking and pooping my brains out! Nicole completely rearranged the schedule so that I could take a nap and paused the process frequently so that I could take potty breaks, stay hydrated, and try to keep it together.
    Despite feeling ill, I was super confident about the way I looked all day. Nicole made me feel pretty! She made me feel my best despite not being at my best and that is the greatest gift. Thank you Nicole and Brushing Bride!

The Brushing Bride 8
    The Brushing Bride 9
    The Brushing Bride 10
    The Brushing Bride 11
  • Teal

Teal · Married on 12/22/2018

Loved it--Dana is awesome!

Dana was fabulous! She completely got my vision and when I changed my mind after my trial, she tweaked a few things on the big day and my hair was perfect! It stayed up all night, despite the height and lots of bobby pins! I let my bridesmaids select their own styles and I loved the way they each got to express their own personality and style while keeping it in line with my vintage-themed wedding. I plan to continue with Dana as my regular stylist at her new salon! Wonderful experience!

Ashley B. · Married on 12/01/2018

Hair Miracle Worker

Dana was an absolute godsend! I have very straight hair that doesn't really hold a curl that well and Dana truly worked a miracle giving me the wedding look I wanted - my hair half-down and curled. She was smart to suggest hair-extensions and the finished product lasted the whole night (and in survived the rain!). From the trial, to the day of the wedding, Dana was just a joy to be around and instantly made me relaxed and feel comfortable (in what is a fairly stressful process). The day of - she traveled to be onsite to do my hair, as well as all of our bridesmaids and the mother of the bride. She not only kept us cracking up all morning - but was a complete professional who ensured that everyone was done on time and that their hair would hold throughout the night. Can't go wrong w/ choosing Dana!

The Brushing Bride 12

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2018

They made me and my girls look stunning!

Dana and Nicole were excellent. I had no real idea of what I wanted my look to be. They took the little bit of info I gave them about myself and they me look amazing on my wedding day. I was also happy that my hair and makeup lasted all night! Not to mention they are super personable and made everyone feel at ease.

• Wendy

Wendy Goldfarb · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing hair and makeup!

I loved working with Dana and Nicole for our recent wedding. They handled doing the hair and makeup of 7 women like a breeze. Dana worked with me to find a hair style I loved at my trial and it looked even better the second time we did it on my wedding day. Nicole asked me a ton of questions about my makeup preferences and used my feedback to craft such an amazing look. I wish I could look that good every day. They were also just super fun to chat with and have around as my girls and I were getting ready. Would definitely recommend!

• Kelly

Kelly Meehan · Married on 10/27/2018

Nicole was absolutely outstanding.

We are so happy we went with Nicole for our wedding day. Nicole did the hair and make-up for myself and hair for my mom, Nana, mother in law, and our friend who was officiating. I'm the kind of person who doesn't really wear a lot of make up. One of my biggest fears was feeling like I wasn't going to look like myself or look natural. I told Nicole about this and showed her some pictures of what I was thinking and her work exceeded anything I thought was possible. She made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. The hair she did was perfect, even better than the picture I had showed her of what I was thinking and it held the entire night, I didn't lose a single bobby pin. The make up was everything I had wanted. It was natural, yet elegant and classy, the coloring was spot on. I have fair skin and freckles and Nicole used the airbrush very lightly for me and it highlighted everything while still being able to see my freckles. Nicole took the time to listen to what I wanted and answer any questions I had. It was supposed to rain on my wedding day which also made me nervous about the make up but Nicole responded back to my emails right away and put me at ease. One of the best things that we loved was how easy it was to talk to Nicole. I was completely stressed and nervous the day of the wedding and she was able to carry on conversation and joke with me and that helped me so much. We thought of things that would make me laugh during the day and ways to figure out how to prevent me from crying and it ended with everyone in the room laughing and joking and all the stress and nervousness completely leaving me. Nicole helping me through that tension set the tone for the rest of the day and helped me be stress free and truly enjoy every moment of the day. Nicole made my day perfect and I cannot recommend her enough.

Sophia Resutek · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommend!

I was thrilled with my wedding day hair thanks to Dana! Dana did an incredible job of listening to what I was looking for and bringing it to life! You can tell she is truly invested in having her bride/bridesmaids happy with their hairstyle. She was extremely helpful the day of the wedding - listening to styling requests, making sure everyone's hair was secure for the windy day and putting in my veil! I am so grateful I was able to have her with me as we were all getting ready! Thank you Dana!!

Samantha Mason · Married on 10/06/2018

Great experience. Would recommend.

Dana did hair for me, my mom, and a handful of my bridesmaids for my wedding. Everyone looked great. Plus, she is friendly, easy going, and puts you at ease. She even prepped my extensions and cut them for me the day of to make sure they were perfect. Thanks, Dana!

The Brushing Bride 13
    The Brushing Bride 14
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 09/29/2018

Dana was amazing!! She brought my vision to life and made my bridesmaids and mom look like rockstars! Highly highly recommend!!

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

I have to say that I am beyond thrilled with the work the The Brushing Bride provided for me and my wedding party. We had a very small window of time to get everyone's hair and make up done and they did it in plenty of time. My hair and make-up were flawless and it stayed put all day and night. All of the ladies were professional and so friendly. The prices were very reasonable too. I would highly recommend the Brushing Bride to anyone looking for amazing hair and make-up!

Jillian · Married on 09/02/2018

Dana was so sweet and helpful. She quickly answered all of my questions and helped me figure out how to best style my hair. All of my bridesmaids commented on how nice she was and how fun she made the day, and we all looked beautiful!

Laura · Married on 08/31/2018

Dana and Nicole are amazing. They did such an amazing job on our hair and make up for my best friend’s wedding that I hired them for mine. They were responsive and flexible for the year leading up. Their work was mind blowing and I loved it but even better was working with them. They make you feel totally comfortable and really set a great tone for the day.

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

Dana is phenomenal. She is the utmost professional, flexible, down to earth person you could hope to know. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she made it happen! She easily handled myself, 8 bridesmaids, a mom, and two flower girls. She made the process simple and everyone looked beautiful. I could not have been happier and will always recommend the Brushing Bride to anyone getting married!

Maggie · Married on 08/04/2018

I absolutely loved my hair for the trial and my wedding day! My bridesmaids were in love with their hair as well. Dana was so accommodating and used my hair extensions effortlessly and then was willing to add extensions to 2 of my bridesmaids that decided last minute. Everyone raved about how gorgeous the hair looked! She made he entire experience stress-free and I was so happy on my wedding day to have her!

Lindsay · Married on 07/21/2018

Dana was amazing! She was super flexible and did an amazing job!

Tiffany · Married on 07/14/2018

Working with your team was amazing!

Libby · Married on 06/23/2018

Dana was the absolute best I could not imagine going with anyone else!! She did me and my 5 bridesmaids hair for my wedding and everyone loved their hair do's. Everyone brought a picture of what they had in mind and Dana brought it to life! Not to mention she was so sweet, accommodating, easy going, and professional. She also answered a billion of my questions when I first messaged her, and was super flexible on scheduling when I had to bump up the timeline. You will not regret booking wtih the Brushing Bride. Thank you times a million Dana!!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2018

Dana and Nicole were the best! Not only were they incredibly talented, they were fun, sweet and fit right in with me and my maids! Dana was very responsive, made transactions super easy with Venmo and was very helpful during the trial, attempting to match just what I had in mind - and she certainly did! Dana and Nicole showed up early on my wedding day with every hair tool in the land. They beautified 6 maids and me in plenty of time. They made my wedding 'do so pretty, adding in the pins I bought as well for finishing touches. Everyone's hair stayed perfectly all night through tons of heat, humidity and dancing. Each maid asked for a different style and they easily made each one of them happy and gorgeous. I also have very long, thick hair and it didn't move an inch all night, I was very pleased. Highly recommend their services!

The Brushing Bride 15
    The Brushing Bride 16
    The Brushing Bride 17

Kristin · Married on 06/02/2018

Dana was amazing! From the trial to the day of she kept me smiling the whole time. Even ended up changing my look on the big day and she was able to accommodate and make it beautiful. I couldn’t have been more happy with her service

Andrea · Married on 05/25/2018

Nicole and Dana from The Brushing Bride are absolutely the best! From our initial contact, they were nothing but communicative, professional and helpful. They worked with me to set up a hair and makeup trial several months before the wedding, which made me feel incredibly comfortable and confident going into the actual wedding day.

On the day of they were able to give all of my bridemaids, my mom and myself beautiful hair and makeup that was just what I'd envisioned for the big day. It is clear that they are incredibly professional and skilled at what they do, and they're incredibly friendly as well. I think they made everyone feel comfortable while they were doing their hair or makeup and that is important on a day when people may be a little nervous!

As for my bridal hair and makeup, I couldn't have been more thrilled. My hair was even better than I'd ever imagined and Dana was able to make some tweaks from the trial that really amplified the look! Nicole's makeup artistry is also so impressive and the airbrush definitely lasted all day. I was thrilled with how I looked and how my hair and makeup looked in pictures. I would highly recommend The Brushing Bride for your special day!

(Included photos credit: Jillian McQuerrey of B.O.B. Photography)

The Brushing Bride 18
    The Brushing Bride 19
    The Brushing Bride 20

Cori · Married on 05/12/2018

Nicole is amazing! I highly recommend her!

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2018

Dana was great to work with, from booking my date to the big day. All my girls loved their hair and Dana is just super fun to chat with!

Erin · Married on 03/30/2018

I cannot day enough good things about Dana from the brushing bride. She was AMAZING! She is like a hair genius. All of the girls in our group had different types of hair, and Dana was able to style all of them so quickly and so, so beautifully. One of my bridesmaids said she liked her hair better for my wedding better than her own! Dana was easy to work with, flexible, patient, but most of all she has the best personality with such amazing talent. I received so many compliments on all of our hair. We are so humbled she played such a big part of our day! We love you!!!

Eliza · Married on 03/10/2018

Dana was absolutely amazing! She was very professional and listened to exactly what I wanted. She was also flexible as I had some changes to my hair at the last minute! I absolutely LOVED working with Dana!!!

The Brushing Bride 21