The Bridges Golf Club Reviews

88 | San Ramon, CA

88 Reviews for The Bridges Golf Club

janeane · Married on 08/22/2008

Alicia was very helpful! Very easy to work with, they set up everything for me so we didn't have to the day of the wedding. Guests really enjoyed the food, although I thought it didn't taste as good as it did on our tasting (thats the difference I guess when cooking 1 meal versus 200 meals). A little frustrating that you ahd to meet the minimum for dollar amount for food, and that other rental items from them does not get to be included in that (ex. charger or chairs). Overall beautiful wedding, and great staff to work with.

Sent on 11/24/2008

Karen · Married on 05/14/2016

After visiting about 8 venues, we knew Bridges was our venue. From the patio area looking on to the amazing rolling greens hills, we could already imagine our ceremony taking place with the white rose bushes in the backdrop. The garden pavilion was spacious with the alcove area for the cake table and wall of windows offering natural light and breathtaking views of the golf course. We worked meticulously with Sandy and Elizabeth for the planning, and with Sylvia for the rehearsal and day-of as she was our event captain. Sandy and Elizabeth were so responsive and very sweet people who were there to ease your worries. We booked the Bridges 14 months before our wedding day, and every time I emailed a random question, it was answered within a few hours.

You think you've done all the planning you can do, but some things are bound to come up, and I'm so thankful Sylvia was there. One example is, I was trying to bunch together some roses to make a toss bouquet. Sylvia was so sweet and attentive and took it upon herself to take care of it and told me not to worry (even when she had a list of tasks to take care of). For all the problems we encountered on our wedding day, we're glad that we're able to count on Bridges and its staff.

Sent on 05/17/2016

My fiance' and I had less then a year to plan for a wedding, so finding a venue was going to be limited with many dates already being taken. Bridges was our favorite out of the few that we checked out. The venue is so picturesque and allows for many beautiful picture opportunities. Even though a Sunday in November was one of the few of the remaining dates available, we booked it and hoped for the best that the weather would cooperate. Thank God, it was a dry day!

Sandy and Katie were very professional in leading us up to the day of our wedding! Like many other reviewers have stated, they answered countless emails quickly and friendly. Sandy went above and beyond her work hours to help with time sensitive emails and last minute requests. (Thank you Sandy!) Rachel, Francisco and Andi were all accommodating on the day of. My bridesmaids enjoyed our own cocktail hour in the bridal room since we didn't have time to go to the actual cocktail hour. Francisco made sure we had appetizers and drinks!

Bridges has reasonable if not better rates compared to many other popular venues for their catering, especially if you book on Sundays, they'll throw in chiavari chair rentals and they don't charge extra for cake cutting. For the budget conscious couple, I would recommend hiring a DJ or dessert/snacks vendor outside of Bridges. Thumbtack will give you competitive vendors for much less. Also if your budget allows, booking Bridges on a Friday or Saturday would give your guests the freedom to celebrate longer with you and not worrying about getting home because of work the next day.

We received many compliments on how everyone enjoyed the venue and the evening with us! Bridges will always be a significant place in our hearts!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Katarina · Married on 02/21/2014

We had a great wedding over all! People loved the food they served for us :) thanks Bridges Golf Club

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • Sharlette

Sharlette Saldana · Married on 11/07/2020

Best day ever

My husband and I had an intimate micro wedding at the Bridges Golf Club on 11/7/20 with 30 people. Sandy was our coordinator and Colby was our day-of event captain. They were both great. Sandy tolerated my countless questions (and was very responsive) since the day we saw the venue late August 2020. Everything was initially planned outdoors (ceremony and reception) but when we saw potential colder weather/winds/rain in the forecast and it was getting darker earlier due to daylight savings, Sandy let us change our reception to the indoor clubhouse. I'm so glad we made this decision and that it was still available to us (while Contra Costa was still in the red tier). Colby was excellent during rehearsal and day-of and she chauffeured the bridal party in the limo golf cart to different locations for photography. She helped us make sure everything ran on time. We did run a couple grand over budget since we didn't realize there was a food / beverage minimum until reading the contract, but we were able to meet the minimum after buying a few bottles of wine to take home. I don't think our big day could have gone any better. I can’t wait to get our photos and video so that we can relive our special day! The venue really was lovely and it was a beautiful day to get married.

photos courtesy of David Kim Photography

Sent on 11/18/2020
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/12/2018

Beautiful venue

My husband and I are so happy that we chose The Bridges to host our ceremony and reception back in October. We were lucky to have beautiful weather on the day of our wedding, which meant that the ceremony was just stunning. When we were looking at different venues, we knew that we wanted to find somewhere that would be convenient for our guests coming in from out-of-town, let us host a late-night party, and provide as much as possible onsite and The Bridges nailed all of that. The venue is gorgeous and I love how our photos turned out, the staff (especially Celena) were wonderful to work with, the food was good and overall our experience was exactly what we were hoping for. In terms of value for money, The Bridges was by far one of the best in the Bay Area and I would highly recommend as a venue to anyone.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Gardenia · Married on 01/20/2018

I loved everything about the Bridges! They made my wedding day go by smoothly without having to worry about anything!. The staff is great!,Colby, my wedding day coordinator was amazing!!..they respond to the emails promptly and make them selves available for you! I highly recommend!
    PS: The food is delicious!..I received very positive reviews from all my guests.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/04/2009

Excellent food!
    Excellent beverages!
    Excellent set up!
    Excellent service!
    Excellent location and price!
    Excellent wedding photo shot location!

Becareful of wedding guests getting your wedding coordinator drunk! This can result in your venue being delayed! Don't let your guests force wedding coordinators to drink! It's not the coordinators fault but it is, cause she's on the clock, but trying to make sure everyone is happy.

Sent on 09/23/2009

Marissa · Married on 04/24/2010

We just recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at Bridges and absolutely loved this venue! Our guests did also, as we had so many compliments! The staff, specifically Alicia and Jackie were so helpful in the planning process. I would definitely recommend this wedding venue!

Sent on 04/27/2010

J · Married on 08/24/2016

3.5

The Bridges is beautiful and they helped make our wedding wonderful! They were flexible and willing to do what it took to make our day wonderful. I would highly recommend them.

Some issues we had were the amount of set up time allowed for a Sunday wedding, the size of the Clubhouse space (the dividing doors presented some challenges for table layout and visibility for all of the guests), and we were quoted prices from the last year because that is when we started planning. Bridges didn't' provide an updated quote for the current year.

All in all, it was a good experience.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Stephanie · Married on 03/26/2011

3.0

Alicia is FANTASTIC! I love every minute working with her. Shes very responsive via phone and email and was pleasant and accomodating all the time. She was deiniftely one of the main reasons we chose this venue and she didnt disappoint. Alan, the catering director, is great and was willing to accomodate for food as best he could. They also provide decent discounts, especially for off-season weddings.

The venue itself is beautiful and open. The garden pavillion for the reception has high vaulted ceilings, a beautiful walkway ramp that provided that "wow" factor of the room, and floor to ceiling windows across the back wall that provides a beautiful panoramic view of the course and San Ramon. We planned our ceremony outside and our cocktail and reception indoors. Unfortunately, due to weather, we promptly moved our ceremony indoors. The team was prompt and kept me stress free. They even gave me until noon the day OF the wedding to decide if we wanted to move the ceremony indoors or keep it outside... no hassle, no stress, just "whenever you decide". The day was overcast but the venue itself is green and lush and made for fantastic pictures.

My only problem was with our wedding-day coordinators. I felt as though I was chasing them half the night, trying to figure out when things were supposed to happen. I thought it was the other way around. At some points during the night when I needed to talk to them, they were nowhere to be found. (i think it's because one was a trainee).

Overall, the veue is fantastic, Alicia is wonderful, and their staff is accomodating but a bit out of touch. I would highly recommend Bridges nonetheless

Sent on 04/07/2011

Michelle MP · Married on 10/27/2019

4.2
      3.0

Good value, good food service, pretty venue

4 stars for a wedding venue (downside is the homes in the background)
    5 stars for the catering (loved Jaime!)
    3 stars for the wedding/sales managers + less negotiable contract

The Bridges is a pretty venue (minus the homes in the background) - the clubhouse & garden pavilion are gorgeous (if only the green window/door frames were a darker brown color instead). The head chef Jaime is GREAT & super accommodating/kind/humble - both during our tasting, and also even during the wedding. He was our favorite staff at the Bridges. However, we weren't the biggest fans of the wedding/catering sales managers Sandy/Celena. The positives were: responses were quick & detailed (they are professional and do follow through- so that's a "pro"). However, personality-wise, we would've preferred a warmer, more genuine personality. Out of all venues we toured, they were the least enthusiastic/helpful compared to all other venues' wedding staff.. and many things in their contract are non-negotiable (where other venues are WAY more flexible). I remember being initially sad choosing Bridges over some of the other venues primarily because I enjoyed corresponding with the other venue's staff so much more. Ultimately, things worked out. The venue is beautiful, food was good, guests were happy. Just don't expect warm fuzzy enthusiasm or a ton of flexibility in creating your dream wedding when working with them.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Debi · Married on 12/31/2007

3.8
      3.5

Bridges is a gorgeous location to get married. They were very flexible with the decor I wanted to bring in and the hours of our setup and teardown. The food was good.

Sent on 11/13/2008