The Brides Project Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Shannon
    Shannon K. Married on 04/30/2021

Fairytales do come true!

I am so blessed this little gem exists. Everyone who works here is beyond wonderful. You can see they truly care about their work and you as a customer. Between the cost of the dress to the alterations I was mind blown! It really helped keep me in budget and I was contributing to a good cause. At the end of the night I didn't even want to take my dress off! Thank you Brides Project.
  • Lindsey Hoskins
    Lindsey Married on 11/06/2020

Wonderful!

The lady’s at The Brides Project were amazing. From the second I walked in the door they were helpful and accommodating. I would recommend everyone go there to find a high quality dress for an affordable price. It made me even happier to know the proceeds from my dress were going to directly impact a family’s life in my community.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Q. Married on 10/12/2019

A great organization!

This organization is an incredible opportunity to provide for the community and purchase a beautiful wedding dress (while saving money!). They have a great variety of sizes and styles to choose from. It was my first trip dress shopping, and I was determined that it would also be my last. They helped make that happen! They also accommodated my larger-numbered entourage, which was important to me, and I am very grateful. I will recommend this organization to anyone!
    Tori Married on 09/28/2019

amazing place

If you are looking for the perfect wedding dress I would highly recommend this place. The staff is absolutely amazing. The story behind this place is even more magical. I would go here over a chain store any day, and so should you!!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 08/09/2019

Wedding dress

Loved my wedding dress! This place was amazing to work with! They treated you like you were the only person there and the really listened to you. I loved the concept of giving back to the community when you buy a dress there. Awesome place to shop at!
    Rachel Married on 05/18/2019

So many dresses for such a good cause!

I got my wedding dress here and it was amazing. Magically, it was the first dress I tried on! It’s a beautiful little shop with all different styles of dresses. I got so many compliments on my dress, and I was happy that the cost went to a good cause. It really made it worth it for me to splurge a little on the perfect dress, knowing I was supporting a great charity. 100% recommend stopping here on your dress hunting journey!
    Alyssa Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful dresses, awesome people, and a great cause

I love the Bride’s Project and found my perfect dress! The volunteers are so sweet, and the three I worked with were very experienced. They had great suggestions and encouraged me to go look among the dresses to figure out what I wanted. I had gone to a few bridal stores beforehand, so I had an idea of what I wanted. Unlike a traditional bridal salon, the volunteers won’t pressure you to buy anything because they have no financial stake. Based on what I picked initially, one volunteer said, “Ooohh, you have to try on this one dress I have in mind.” It ended up THE dress that I fell in love with and made me feel gorgeous! In addition to all the compliments you’ll get on the day of, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re giving a dress a second life and donating money to helping families affected by cancer get the treatment they need. I would recommend the Bride’s Project to any bride!
    Shereen Married on 04/27/2019
    I love the mission behind this place. The ladies working here are such kind, hearted people. It has that familiar, family feeling when you walk in. I was really surprised by the gowns they had available. The prices cannot be beat and I love that all proceeds go to a great cause.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience, perfect dress

I went to The Bride's Project hoping to try on some dresses in my size, and left with my dream dress at an amazing price. The shop is a non-profit and resells donated dresses, some worn, some new, with proceeds going to Cancer Support Network. This meant I could try on a bunch of dresses that actually fit me!! and could take the dress home that day - no waiting 6 months only to find out it's not what you imagined in your size. The shop is run by volunteers, so the atmosphere is relaxed and noncompetitive, and you feel like your money is going to something meaningful instead of feeding directly into the wedding industry. These were important factors for me - I left my first dress appointment in tears because I could literally not fit any dresses on my body (I am a size 12-14), they were so expensive considering I could not try them on in order to know whether I really liked them, and the commission atmosphere was full of too many expectations that your going to find something PERFECT. The Brides Project also works with a tailor (Jan) who comes to the store to fit dresses at a really affordable price in the spirit of what the charity is all about - we were blown away by how quick and inexpensive it was to alter my dress. All in all, I definitely recommend going here, if only to try on dresses in your size to see what style you like. You might find your dream dress like I did!
  • Margo
    Margo Married on 09/30/2018

Great Option

There was a large selection, helpful staff, reasonable prices and everything goes toward a great cause. Win-win-win-win!
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 08/18/2018

Found my dream dress

Great company, went and found my dream dress for a great price and great cause. The volunteers were amazing and I felt so beautiful in my dress. I did add sleeves to it.
    Debbie Married on 05/26/2018
    this place was fabulous! There were so many dresses to choose from and the staff was fantastic - they were so helpful. All the dresses were at least half o.ff the original price. Most dresses have been worn before but many are also new. I got a dress that was brand new for at least $1000 less than it would have sold for! A great experience and in addition all the proceeds go to support those with cancer.
    Katie Married on 11/11/2017
    I am SO happy I found my dress at The Brides Project. I was initially very discouraged about finding a wedding dress. I currently live in St. Louis and while visiting my family in Michigan, I went to The Brides Project with my mom and sister and met Kim; I still need to ask her if it hurt when she fell from heaven, because she is an absolute angel! She made the entire experience SO enjoyable! I ended up saying yes to a dress that arrived that morning and it matched perfectly with my shoes and bridesmaids' dresses (yes, I picked both before getting my dress). It felt like fate how perfectly everything fell into place. More importantly, I felt so good that what I spent on my dress (which was half my budget) was going back into the community to support local families. I get goose bumps telling people the story of my wedding dress. I am so touched by the kindness (not only with customer service, but also for the community) displayed by all the volunteers at The Brides Project. Beautiful dresses, beautiful souls, beautiful cause. :)
    Carla Married on 09/30/2017
    Such a wonderful bridal boutique, with a broad range of styles and prices. The Brides Project accepts dress donations from brides and bridal salons of used, samples, new dresses, etc. and all proceeds support families fighting cancer. Volunteers give their time to help you find your perfect dress, and I was delighted to find mine and have a teary-eyed moment! We'll be getting married in just 10 days here in Arizona, and I will be re-donating my dress to The Brides Project so that the love I felt there, and will during our special day, will continue on to the next bride and the families this wonderful organization supports.
  • User4423617 2+ years ago
    I love everything about this place! I came here looking for a wedding dress, but unfortunately, I couldn't find one. I would've held out and kept looking here as they get new shipments all the time, but I'm planning from all the way across the country so I decided against it. However, I did also find amazing accessories here for cheap! I bought a beautiful studded headband with floral detail, and some studded pins with floral detail for my mom for the wedding, and a real pearl necklace all for $35 total! Even if you don't find your dream dress here, don't forget to look at the accessories as well! They have some serious goodies here! Plus, you know that any amount of money you spend here will go towards a good cause!
  • GreatNewHites
    Amanda Married on 09/03/2016
    I had the BEST experience at The Bride's Project. It was the first place I even really went, and the dress I selected was the third one I put on! My consultant (Jessica) was knowledgeable enough of the alteration process to show me what could be done to the dress I ended up purchasing to make it absolutely perfect for my day. I had reverse sticker shock when I found out the gown I selected was only $300! So glad this place is in business for the Cancer Support Community and hope many more brides go to them.
    Emily Married on 05/21/2016
    I had a wonderful experience and found the perfect dress. The volunteers were so helpful and kind. I was shocked that there was such a variety of dresses, so many different styles and sizes. They also referred me to an expert seamstress, who is doing the alterations for a bargain price. The best part was when a colleague who is battling cancer shared how wonderful the Cancer Support Community has been to her and her family throughout her journey. A great experience, a beautiful dress, and such a worthwhile cause. It doesn't get any better.
  • User4423615 2+ years ago
    They give you a 90 minute timeslot to find a dress you like but I found my dress in less than an hour! They have a lot of variety, though when I went there it was all strapless in case you like something with sleeves or straps. Knowing the proceeds went toward cancer research also made me confident in my dress decision. So happy I said YES to this place, I felt beautiful on my wedding day!
    Kati Married on 10/16/2015
    They were the most amazing experience I ever could of asked for! Kind, patient, helpful and just a fantastic experience overall. Not to mention all the money goes to cancer support in our community, so its money doubly well spent!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 07/10/2015
    I really enjoyed the personal experience where I got to be in the room with my size range and just have fun trying on all the gowns with my mother and sister's help. There was no pressure to buy like at boutique stores. Also the deals are amazing! I got my dress brand-new never worn for $700, retail price of $2000. It made deciding to purchase very easy. The staff were very attentive if I asked for help and I really appreciate them volunteering their time.
  • User4423607 2+ years ago
    Amazing customer service and found my dream wedding dress on our first appointment! Extremely helpful service, friendly associates and a great bride-to-be shopping experience. Highly recommend that brides looking for an alternative/charitable/second hand dress check out this place.
    Samantha Married on 12/13/2014
    If I could rate "Value" 10 stars, I would. All of their dresses are 50% off because all their dresses are donated by previous brides or from bridal stores. The proceeds from your purchase goes directly to charity, and all the people who work there are volunteers. You go in with one or two guest, and you have 2-4 people focused on just you. You are also the only person in the store. The variety of dresses is wonderful. The only limitation is that all the dresses are off the rack, so you can't change the color and the size has to be close to what you want it. Although, they do have a seamstress who is very affordable and can take it in at least a few sizes, which is what I am doing. Overall - I am very happy I went with them, as I was on a tight dress budget, and the selection they had was beautiful.
  • User4423597 2+ years ago
    It warms my hear that there is such a giving place out there! When I hear about the Bride's Project and how it donates to an organization that offers supports to those impacted by cancer, I knew that I would want to find my wedding dress here. The volunteers were super friendly and helpful! It was a lot of fun working with the girls to find the perfect dress. There is a big selection of gowns, and even though some may seem "dated", there are some very new and gorgeous ones as well. Since I will only wear my wedding dress once, I am so glad that I had the opportunity to put that money to good use. I can't wait to donate my dress back after the wedding so that another bride can get the perfect dress at a reasonable price, while also benefitting others in need.
    Christy Married on 09/29/2013
    I am so proud to say I purchased my bridal gown from The Brides Project. They went above and beyond to accommodate me. I do not live in michigan,so when I was visiting family they made a special appointment for me so I could find my dream dress while I was in town. I not only found my dream dress but also a veil,and undergarment all with in my budget of $500. They have an abundance of designer looking gowns but are budget friendly. The Brides Project helped make me feel like a princess on my special day and I sincerely thank them for that.
  • User4423589 2+ years ago
    The Brides Project is amazing. Nearly every dress is under $1000 (aside from some very high end gowns), the dresses are in great condition, large selection, proceeds go to a good cause, and every staff member I interacted with was amazing. The customer service was a million times better than what I'd experienced at other boutiques. Even if I hadn't found my dream dress, I would recommend this vendor.