The BonBonerie Reviews

114 | Cincinnati, OH

114 Reviews for The BonBonerie

Tessa · Married on 10/10/2010

White Chocolate Romance cake was the hit of the wedding!!!

Sent on 11/04/2010

Anne · Married on 07/11/2009

Cake was both delicious and beautiful.

Sent on 03/05/2010

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2010

Our cake was amazing! It was quite possibly one of my favorite wedding cakes I have ever had! I received so many compliments on the design of the cake (it was a tropical/seaside theme), and even more on the taste of the cake... I definitely suggest going for the raspberry romance as everyone loved it!

Sent on 10/05/2010
  • smeelay

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2008

The cake was both beautiful and delicious. Definitely check it out.

Sent on 07/14/2008

Jessica · Married on 07/06/2018

4.2
      3.5

We met Allison for 2 cake tastings and since we were having a smaller wedding decided to definitely splurge a little on the perfect cake. We did chocolate chocolate and vanilla with strawberry filling. It was delicious. They did the icing perfect just how I wanted it and my florist decorated it, it was definitely awesome and everyone loved both flavors!

Sent on 07/17/2018

The BonBonerie's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this nice review! I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake, and the florist did a great job too! I hope we get the opportunity to serve you guys again in the future! All the Best, Allison

3.5

We went with a simple ivory 1 tiered wedding cake. I decorated it myself with succulents and had tangerine moon filling in the middle. We loved the look and the taste. The staff is extremely friendly and timely.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Lori · Married on 11/03/2012

3.5

I was very happy with BonBonerie and would highly recommend them to anyone who wants to actually eat the cake they buy. It is so amazing! I do think they sold us more cake than we really needed. They sold us cake for the exact number of guests. We really think we could have been advised that 20% of people don't eat cake and 5-10% of people might not be there once cake is cut. We could have bought cake for 80 instead of 110. We had alot of cake left. But it was damn good cake!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Cornel · Married on 08/20/2011

2.5

Great wedding cake! The cake was super delicious and their design was beautiful, but they are not very flexible beyond their comfort zone. Also, if I were to do it again, I'd take fewer layers of icing. Their icing is very tasty, but they just use WAY too much.

Sent on 09/07/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2007

3.6
      1.5

The cake turned out beautiful and overall it was a great experience. Once thing that upset me was that they were not willing to work with me on the type of cake that I wanted. I simply wanted one type of cake with another type of filling and they were very unflexible. Other than that, great service.

Sent on 01/24/2008

Caitlin · Married on 05/14/2011

3.2
      2.5

My experience with Bonbonerie was very hit-or-miss. The service we received before the wedding really depended on who we were working with. The day of our wedding, the cake tasted absolutely amazing (I would kill for a piece right now!) but the cake partially collapsed during the Bonbonerie delivery. For the price we paid, I am very surprised that the structural quality was so poor, and that the delivery was not successful. The cake did not have extreme decoration or anything heavy on it- it was a very simple design for 150 servings that should not have been hard to transport. They were very apologetic and gave us a discount on the cake, but that doesn't really make up for having a cake that was about to fall over throughout the entire reception! I'm sure that not every cake they deliver collapses, but unfortunately, it happened to us.

Sent on 06/12/2011
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 05/12/2012

3.2
      2.0

The cake was beautiful, however it was so dry when we went to eat it. It was hard to swallow, literally, especially since we paid so much for it. When we did the cake tasting it tasted completely different than it did at the reception. I was very disappointed in it. I know I have had cakes from the Bonbonerie before and they were excellent but they just messed ours up somehow. Hardly any of the cake got eaten and it was very disappointed.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Diana · Married on 07/28/2007

2.4
      3.0
      3.0
      1.5
      2.0

The BonBonerie is know for making the finest cakes in Cincinnati, and the cost shows they know it. Wither or not to go with Bon Bonerie really depends on how much having really great cake means to you. If its one of your primary concerns, go with Bon Bonerie. If you don't think your guests are going to care one way or the other, go with a less expensive company. I found them pretentious and inflexible. My husband and I have a very untraditional wedding, and they had a hard time making adjustments to our needs. However, if you are very tradational, and follow their template, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Sent on 10/19/2007

2.0

We were super disappointed with the BonBonerie. My wife and I did a cake tasting about 5 months before the wedding date. The options we sampled were absolutely delicious and we took careful notes of what we wanted to order - the chocolate opera cream and white chocolate romance. Both of these cakes had incredible fillings at the time of the tasting. The chocolate had a mousse/brandy/vanilla filling and the white chocolate romance had fresh raspberry preserves filling in between each cake layer.

After the RSVP's came in for the wedding, we ordered our cakes that we tasted. However, at the wedding neither cake at any of the filling layers. Both cakes just had icing and cake - which makes this just mediocre cake that I would have passed on for my wedding.

We called the BonBonerie, and they claimed it was an ordering mistake - even though we ordered exactly what they served us at the tasting. They offered to refund the $25 surcharge for the white chocolate romance (because there were no raspberry preserves) and also offered to make us a free 10-slice cake of what we actually wanted. This is not a consolation because we only get married once and we did not get what we ordered for the big day.

Bottom line, organization and delivery of product were bad, price was about the same as every other wedding cake shop (expensive), flavors and taste were edible but not great. The experience was a disappointment.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Katie · Married on 05/18/2013

1.8
      1.0

I was very disappointed in the BonBonerie. I received a phone call about my cake a week before the wedding asking about a change in flavor.. it turns out they mixed up my order with someone elses. I ordered the cupcakes to have white icing, instead they had hot pink and green with butterflies? They also FORGOT my cake. I had to call them while I was trying to get ready and have them deliver it. A lot of unnecessary stress for me. And way too many issues.

Sent on 05/24/2013