The BonBonerie Reviews

113 | Cincinnati, OH

113 Reviews for The BonBonerie

• Solo

erica · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Carol is amazing, we went over different wedding cake ideas but were unsure of what we wanted but gave her an idea. She took out a pen and paper and started drawing our cake design and said how about something like this. She joked that was not a good artist, but we were blown away! We loved it, my only disappointment is that they do not deliver cakes out of state. I would have loved to order a mini cake from them on our anniversary for yrs to come. The cake was outstanding and so moist and delicious! The opera crème is to die for. Her cake saved the day when our dinner was a dissappointment! That lemon and opera creme cake was so good!

Thank you again Carol we wish you many blessings. It is truly rare to come across someone so passionate about what they do. But it definitely shows through your presence and your work, to you and your staff at Bon Bonaire thank you again!

Sent on 09/13/2010
  • Zack

Zack Galusha · Married on 09/07/2019

Beyond Delicious!

I will admit that I am not a cake person, so when we went to tastings I let my then fiance make all the decisions. Then came The BonBonerie and I was blown away. I never knew cake could taste so good. On top of that the service was amazing. Allison worked with me every step and she made the process easy. When the wedding day came the cake was perfect. I cannot recommend the BonBonerie enough. We will be going back very soon!

Sent on 10/16/2019

The BonBonerie's reply:

Zack, thank you very much for taking the time to leave this lovely review! We're so glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake(s)! Glad we could make it memorable for you, and hopefully we get the chance to help you again in the future! Sincerely, Allison
  • User3398054 · 1+ year ago

Best Wedding Cake Ever!`

Alison and Jacki provided exceptional service and the bride is still getting compliments on the taste of the cake! Thank you ladies for all you did to make my nieces wedding day so special! Would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/20/2019

The BonBonerie's reply:

Dana, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review! I'm so glad you, your niece, and the guests all enjoyed the wedding cake! It was a beautiful design that that worked wonderfully with your decor, cheers! Hopefully we can help you again in the future.

Caroline · Married on 12/14/2018

December Wedding Cake

Although we know they need no recommendations - The BonBoneire created the wedding cake of our dreams! Amanda was so great at the tasting letting us try everything and talking us through all of our options for decorations. This was easily the easiest vendor we worked with and we got tons of compliments on our cake!

Sent on 02/02/2019

The BonBonerie's reply:

Hello Caroline, thank you for the kind words! I'm glad we could help make the cake-portion of the wedding go smoothly! And we're especially glad that everyone enjoyed the cake! I hope we get the chance to help you in the future.

Brian · Married on 06/09/2018

BonBonerie was amazing! We got a three tiered cake and had a dessert bar as well. We received so many compliments on everything. The cake was delicious and all five of the desserts were delicious. Allison was super friendly and easy to work with. We had a vague idea of what we wanted and she really helped us figure out what would work best for us. She also worked with our florist in terms of cake decorations and delivery so that removed some stress from our day. The tasting was so good and the help was so wonderful that we actually put a deposit down immediately. There was no need to try any place else.

Sent on 06/13/2018

The BonBonerie's reply:

Hi Brian, thanks so much for the kind review! It was a pleasure working with you guys, I'm glad that you and your guests enjoyed everything! I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 04/07/2018

Our cake was just stunningly beautiful but even better it tasted fantastic! We did a taste testing 3 months before the wedding and chose two flavors (Chocolate Rhapsody and Lemon Chiffon) for our 3 tier cake. It was a simple white frosting with fresh rose petals on it. As a testament to how much everyone loved our cake there was NONE left except for the top they saved for our anniversary and 2 pieces the caterer saved for the groom and me to eat at our reception later that night. We can't wait to eat our wedding cake next year and have it boxed up safely in the freezer to enjoy for just us! Thanks, BonBonerie for making our reception even more memorable with the best cake ever!

Sent on 04/15/2018

The BonBonerie's reply:

Hello Susan, thank you so much for the kind review! I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake! It was great for us to be part of your wedding day. I hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future!

Nichole · Married on 02/10/2018

The tasting was great- it was private, we didn't feel rushed, and didn't feel pressured into making certain decisions. We wanted some unconventional colors, and they went with the flow without question. The cake was delivered to our venue. It was in perfect condition. We did a frosting instead of a fondant, and it still looked amazing. The details were gorgeous. Most importantly, it was delicious. We did two different flavors so our guests could have options. They were quick to respond when we had any questions and were very easy to work with. We will be getting a small cake from them on our future anniversaries!

Sent on 05/01/2018

The BonBonerie's reply:

Hello Nichole, thanks so much for the kind review! I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed the wedding cake! The red and black was beautiful, glad we picked it! Hope you're well and hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future :)

Lori · Married on 11/12/2017

We expected the Bon Bonerie to be amazing, and they were. The service was incredible, and the cake was beautiful and delicious. It was also surprisingly well without our budget. I'd highly recommend!

Sent on 12/03/2017

The BonBonerie's reply:

Lori, thank you so much for the amazing and kind review! I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed the wedding cake! I hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future! Cheers!

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

I left making wedding cake appointments up to my fiance. This was the first place he booked for a tasting. I hadn't even looked up the menu/options until we were almost there. And when I did, I knew immediately why he had the biggest smirk on his face. :) I LOVE Opera Cream flavored Easter eggs- they are my favorite!!! So when my fiance saw that one of BonBonerie's signature cakes was Opera Cream, he knew I'd be thrilled. And he was sooo right! We did a tasting with Carol and we were blown away. We decided on Opera Cream and Strawberries & Cream flavors and they were a HUGE hit. Our guests devoured them and the venue could hardly cut the pieces quickly enough! We designed the cake with some of their example pics and some we'd brought with us and we couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. Thanks so much to Carol and Amber for the great communication and working with us to make our perfect cake dreams come true!

Sent on 05/31/2017

The BonBonerie's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We are delighted that we were able to make your wedding dreams come true!
  • Violet

Violet · Married on 12/31/2016

We had such a great time working with Amber to create our dream wedding cake! The BonBonerie has the most delicious cake flavors and we are so excited that we got to have 2 flavors and feed all of our guests with one beautiful cake for less than $500! The cake was beautiful--just as i had envisioned it would look! Thank you BonBonerie!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Violet,
    I had a great time working with you as well!! Your cake was lovely, and I'm so glad you loved it! I hope to see you in the future!!
    Amber

Stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

BonBonerie was a no brainer choice for our wedding cake. We went for the tasting, where they gave us full slices of tons of flavors, and fell in love. They also do a wonderful job with design. Also, prices are extremely reasonable! I am already looking forward to our anniversary when we can eat more of their cake.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/09/2016

Absolutely delicious and beautiful cake! We were able to customize our design based off of designs they showed us in the store during our cake tasting. Compared to other bakers in the city, Bonbonerie's cake was the least expensive and the most tastey! Best cake in Cincinnati, hands down! (Price listed is per person)

Sent on 07/28/2016
  • Ragan

Ragan · Married on 05/13/2016

My husband and I ordered our wedding cake from The Bonbonerie and it was perfect! Our tasting appointment was very helpful and personalized. We settled on a four tier buttercream cake with two flavors: white raspberry romance and opera cream. We received a lot of compliments and there were zero issues. Thanks!!!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/07/2016

Our cake was so beautiful and so delicious, we still have guests contacting us about it days after our wedding. The service we received from BonBonerie was stellar. Everyone went out of their way to make us happy. Of all the cakes we tasted, this one was hands-down the best and somehow not the most expensive. I don't know why anyone would go elsewhere for their big day!

Sent on 05/09/2016
  • Mrs.Capps

Camille · Married on 11/07/2015

Wonderful people to work with . Delicious cake. Talented decorators. Great customer service.

Sent on 05/08/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/11/2015

The cake was one of the most important things to me at our wedding. While the Bonbonerie was not the cheapest option, it was by far the most delicious of the 6 bakeries we tasted for our wedding cake. When coming in for our tasting, they allowed us to select 6 flavors and then brought out 6 full slices of cake. It was amazing! Each flavor was delicious and we had a very difficult time narrowing down our options. Luckily, once we selected the Bonbonerie, they invited us to come back and try 6 more full slices of cake!

We also ordered a grooms cake from the bakery. My new husband is a bit of a nerd and gave their designers a really rough picture of what he wanted (a stone floor with a pile of gold that we would be placing a dragon figurine on). They responded with great ideas on how to implement his ideas including airbrushing white chocolate chips to look like piles of gold coins.

The Bonbonerie was extremely responsive and made the entire process very easy. Carol walked us through the process and helped to narrow down our design and when we were ready to sign the contract, she actually responded to our email within an hour of it being sent at 8pm and allowed us to call and make the deposit that night.

The day of our wedding, both cakes looked amazing and tasted even better. We could not have been happier and are already looking forward to eating the top layer of our cake.

Sent on 08/01/2015

BonBonerie did the wedding cake for our June 20th wedding, and it was PERFECT! We tried cake all over the city, and no one can even come close to the flavor, service, price for quality, and vision that BonBonerie has. They have been my favorite bakery my whole life, and they will continue to be. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Ke · Married on 05/24/2015

We loved our wedding cake.
    BonBonerie not only make beautiful wedding cake, it also taste very well. They provided you 5 huge pieces of cake for tasting.
    I saw a design on pinterest and they made it come true for us.
    The cake was delivered on time and very smooth.
    You want you guest not only enjoy the looks but the taste of a wedding cake, BonBonerie is your right choice.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Jill · Married on 05/23/2015

This cake is the best! Worked with me to choose a design I loved and the flavored just can't be beat! We did white chocolate cake with raspberry preserves and opera cream cake with chocolate chips. Soooooo good!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/16/2015

We decided to have The Bonbonerie make our wedding cake and extra desserts for our wedding. We were very happy with how everything turned out, our guests loved the desserts!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Roula · Married on 10/11/2014

BonBonerie did an amazing job on all of the cupcakes I had for my wedding. I was very particular about the vision and they captured exactly what I wanted. They were very detail oriented and wrote down everything and reviewed everything with me as many times as they needed to to make sure I was going to get exactly what I wanted. I very much appreciated this as I tend to worry about things like that. Not only were they gorgeous but they were unbelievably delicious...just as expected. They even provided me with additional glitter so that I could decorate the gluten free cupcakes we were baking ourselves to look similar to theirs. I love this place so much. It's a no-brainer to go with them for any event.

Sent on 11/05/2014

There was no question in our mind about which bakery we would choose to make our wedding cake. The BonBonerie makes the best wedding cakes--we chose both chocolate and vanilla cake and both were so delicious! The cake was also beautiful and they let us personalize it to be exactly what we were looking for!

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/31/2014

BonBonerie was highly recommended to us and we see why. Carol and staff did a great job advising us on cake choices and styles to meet our wedding needs. My daughter and her husband were able to share design details and BonBonerie followed through with every detail. We had two kinds of cake: Almond Cream and White Chocolate Raspberry which were all outstanding. We went with a cake that served 100 guests. We had 80 guests and every bit was enjoyed with rave reviews. Cake was simply frosted with only light piping around layers. Placed on an etched cake stand with flower topper and some surrounding flowers at bottom tier. It was stunning. So great to work with these folks. They took care of every detail.

Sent on 06/10/2014

cake was amazing! They made it exactly how I wanted it. The flavor was to die for and the cake was so fresh. So many guests complimented it at the wedding

Sent on 01/08/2015