The Bog Reviews

The Bog 5
  • Allison

Allison Claussen · Getting married on 02/14/2020

Wedding Day

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect all thanks to KD and her wonderful staff at The Bog! They’re very professional, incredibly helpful and friendly, and truly helped make our day amazing. KD is so creative and helped us include unique and creative moments to make our wedding day fun and memorable. We can’t recommend them highly enough, and hope you use them for your big day or next event! Thank you KD!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Katie

Katie Erdman · Married on 10/19/2019

Very professional!

My mother actually found this venue, because we really wanted a relaxed venue that had a fire pit for us to chill at. Everything was perfect and the food was amazing! I had to ask a lot of questions to the manager but she had no problem answering any and all of them!
    We had rented out the club house which was the perfect size for the amount of people we were having. I would say the only downside of this place is that their bridal suite isn't really a suite, but it held all of our stuff so it worked out.
    Would still recommend this venue especially in the fall. The leaves were beautiful and the ground are absolutely stunning for pictures. You can have it all right there!

The Bog 6
    The Bog 7
    The Bog 8
    The Bog 9
    The Bog 10
    The Bog 11
    Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi Katie,

Thank you so much for the review and sharing your gorgeous photos! We are so happy to hear that your wedding day was everything you dreamed of. Best wishes to you and Kyle!
  • Chiree

Chiree Andrus · Married on 08/17/2019

Highly recommend!!

The bog is beautiful and a wonderful place to have a wedding! What makes it perfect though are the people that work there! K.D. and Chuck helped make our wedding dreams come true! They were always just a phone call or an email away when I had 1 million questions. They were very flexible and easy to work with! The price is a plus as well!
    They even had workers take us out in golf carts to take some amazing pictures on a wonderful golf course!! I would highly recommend the Bog to anyone!!
    Also the food was amazing and had many guests comment on how good the food was!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

The Bog's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, Chiree! We are thrilled to have shared in your big day and help make your vision come to life! Best wishes!

Teri · Married on 05/25/2019

Great venue!

We loved The Bog. We had our daughter's wedding there last weekend. The venue, food, and service were exceptional. KD and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Thank you!

Sent on 05/28/2019

The Bog's reply:

Hi Teri! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so happy to have shared in your daughters wedding day!

Sabrina · Married on 06/02/2018

Perfect wedding day!

KD was an absolute GEM to work with for our wedding at The Bog! She was great with communicating with me and the staff to make sure all details were perfect. She went above and beyond my expectations and we had full confidence in her on the day of our wedding. I honestly could not have asked for a better coordinator to work with. I would highly recommend The Bog as a wedding venue!!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

The Bog's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Sabrina! We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with our service on your wedding day! It was great getting to know you and we wish you the best!

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2015

I absolutely loved having my wedding at the Bog. Everyone commented on how delicious the food was. The staff was amazing- they volunteered to help set up and had everything organized the night of the reception so I could come pick up items the following day. They were willing to work with me to allow my dogs on the grounds because it was important to me to have them there. They were also very excellent with service- the food was ready very quickly and the staff were extremely nice. The grounds are also very gorgeous for pictures and they allowed us to use golf carts to take a few people out for pictures on their grounds- for those who don't know these include ponds, board walks and many wildflower areas which are breathtaking. They also were very flexible and open to any decorations that I wanted to use in the space. When I didn't have a power cord long enough they noticed and brought me one without my even having to ask. They set up a very nice space to eat and sit and a separate area with a dance floor. The communication is beyond excellent and Carissa was always open to discussing any ideas I had and working to make them come alive. I would highly recommend the Bog to anyone interested!

Sent on 07/20/2015

jane · Married on 05/02/2015

We wanted a venue where we could have a smaller wedding (110 final count) and still have a beautiful wedding. The views are gorgeous as is the venue itself. No need for decorating. The staff was amazing. Without exception, people were so friendly and helpful and anticipated our every want and need. Food was absolutely delicious. The groom ) who doesn't eat vegetables - even said the fresh green beans with red peppers were fantastic. Appetizers were out if this world. It ended up being a gorgeous day so we were asked if we'd like appetizers and a bar set up outside on the patio instead of the pro shop area. It turned out so beautifully arranged and guests loved it. The wedding party was given golf carts and a guide so they could take advantage of the scenic grounds for photos. The staff thinks of everything from suggestions for hotels and shuttles all the way to giving approximate that times it will take bridesmaids to walk down the aisle (we had both ceremony and reception here). Everything was perfect!!!!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Victoria · Married on 07/05/2014

If you do not want the burden of a huge food and beverage minimum this is the place for you!! And you want a relaxed down-to-earth ceremony, dinner and reception this is a great place!! The staff is very helpful and flexible with decorating, keeping you informed and helping with different options. I received many compliments on the food and the venue. The food was delicious and the venue a very relaxed atmosphere.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Joline · Married on 06/14/2014

The BOG gave me the best experience. Lindsay was wonderful to work with; very easy going and open to all ideas the I was envisioning. The food was excellent! Guests are still talking about the food 2 months later. Thank you!

Sent on 08/15/2014

3.0
      2.5

Was so excited to have our wedding here! The value was awesome...the food was to die for (buffet style)...the view spectacular! But when it came to service the event planner who we worked with lacked being there for majority of time (rehearsal & wedding). My husband was doing the majority of the running around, which he shouldn't have!

Other then that everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/19/2013

The Bog's reply:

I apologize that your impression of a services rendered was not met. In this situation, I believe there was a misunderstanding of what duties were included in renting our dining room for a wedding.

Our intent is to assist and support the bride, groom, designated personal attendant, or their wedding consultant to take charge and facilitate their wedding day. We agree to complete all tasks listed in our Catering Agreement or as listed as duties we provide in Wedding Services booklet. Our desire is to provide the same level of respect and guidance to to all parties uitilizing our facilities and treat all guests equally.

We regret that your view of expectations were not met.