The Black Tux Reviews

1,478 | Santa Monica, CA

1,478 Reviews for The Black Tux

• Eric

Eric · Getting married on 09/23/2026

Everything arrived on time as expected. The price was reasonable, and the products were good quality. The personal concierge service, specifically Paul Ramirez, was excellent. I had to have a replacement shipped to the wedding location in a different state, instead of my home, and Paul made that a breeze. I also had several flight delays on my return home and was not able to return the items in time. Paul was able to grant me an extension without incurring an extra charge. Everything went flawlessly and was a very good experience. I would absolutely recommend The Black Tux to any friend with an upcoming event requiring these types of services.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Mike · Getting married on 06/13/2026

Thanks to The Black Tux, I was easily the best dressed at my latest event. The process worked seamlessly and I received countless compliments on my attire. I already have and will continue to recommend The Black Tux to my peers.

Sent on 06/17/2016
  • Cass

Cassie · Getting married on 10/01/2024

Customer service 11/10!

Customer service 11/10. Step by step on how to measure yourself was super simple and easy online. I sent in photos of the home try-on to the team for ensure we received the correct size for the event. Maria S. and Aris A. were very helpful. The suit even arrived earlier than expected for the event! Quality of the suit was fantastic and didn't break the bank. Return shipping was so easy because they provided shipping labels already. Offered to reimburse any alterations we needed after the suit arrived (although I lost my receipt so I didn't take advantage of this). Will definitely be using The Black Tux again for many other events.
    I used The Black Tux to rent a suit for a father of the groom.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Joe Baron · Getting married on 01/01/2023

Perfect fit!

The product was delivered on time and was better than any tux I rented locally. Then there was the option to buy, which I did, less the cost of the rental. Awesomeness! I have already recommended the company to friends and will continue to do so.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Jeffrey Fleming · Getting married on 06/23/2022

Masquerade Party

I used The Black Tux to rent a suite for a Masquerade party, and I could not be happier with my experience. I ordered a little later than I would have liked to (whoops!) and it still came days before my event. The sizing was perfect, and the quality was tremendous. The return process was simple and easy. Can't wait until my next event so that I can use their services again!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica Elizalde · Getting married on 06/01/2022

The Black Tux is Awesome!

Great for busy people, who don't have time to go back-and-forth for tux fittings! Fitting Suit and Final Suit were received really quickly, and the cut fit great based on measurements I provided. I would recommend trying on the final suit as soon as possible, just in case any alterations need to be made, you're not rushing to get alternates. Even if it is last minute, customer service was able to help me get the perfect fit within 24 hours! I would use The Black Tux again for any special occasion, and have already recommended them to a friend that is getting married this summer.

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Josh

Josh Kloepping · Getting married on 04/03/2022

Great Customer Service

The whole process as been easy and my Tux looked and fit great. Our wedding was postponed at the last minute, due to COVID-19, and y'all handled it great. You quickly set up an easy process and were very understanding and accommodating.....we will be back when we finally do get to say "I Do". Thanks!

Sent on 04/09/2020

Brandon · Getting married on 10/20/2021

The Black Tux has amazing customer service (screwed up my sizes and they sent out a replacement ASAP). Hands down my go to suit or tux rental company now. Puts the competition to shame.

Sent on 11/19/2017
  • Kevin

Kevin Owens · Getting married on 09/03/2021

Awesome Experience

Measurements always on point, ease of use, and they have been extremely helpful/understanding throughout this whole Coronavirus issue...these guys are great!

Sent on 04/02/2020

Gary Buslepp · Getting married on 09/03/2021

True Professionals, In Every Way,

In a time of great uncertainty, The Black Tux came through by honoring our investment and demonstrating true professionalism, understanding and flexibility. Our rescheduled wedding will once again involve The Black Tux.
    Thanks for being so cooperative TBT.

Sent on 04/02/2020

Miles Avila · Getting married on 07/01/2021

Exceeds Expectations

I rented from The Black Tux for both my rehearsal dinner and my wedding. I rented the Charcoal Suit and the Midnight Pin Dot Tuxedo. I'm not a big guy, but I lift and my legs are usually too big for pants that fit my waist. But with The Black Tux I had no issues. Before deciding on renting for my rehearsal dinner I tried on a number of suits in my city to no avail. Both the suit and tux fit perfectly. Not only that, but they also looked INCREDIBLE. I was hesitant to rent from an online service, but there was not a single quality issue I could identify in any of the pieces.
    Also: when the suit first arrived, the pants were HUGE. I checked the tag, and yep, the size 28 I ordered. But these things must've been a 38 at least. I went through the process of letting them know there was a sizing issue and I quickly got the correct sized pants within 2 days or so. They are on top of it.
    After my wedding weekend, I considered purchasing both the suit and the tux because I loved them that much. I cannot recommend The Black Tux enough.

Sent on 04/21/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Nicole · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Great Experience

I rented a suit for my wedding and also set up rentals for my groomsmen. It was a very simple process and the suit fit great for the big day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Mark · Getting married on 05/29/2021

Easy to use website, great service, nice fitting tux, convenient all around.

Sent on 03/09/2016

Alex L · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Awesome service and I will definitely use it again!

Can't beat these quality suits/tuxes for the price. Customer service is great and they ship things quickly back and forth. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2019

A Kursave · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Black Tux great even for attending weddings

The Black Tux was great for a wedding I attended last month. Everything ships together, and to be able to try it on and make changes prior to the event is huge! The style is phenomenal too. Glad I chose the Black Tux, and I'll do it again in the future.

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Angelo

Angelo Morlani · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Great service - very easy to use

The price was very reasonable to rent a tux. The ordering process was also extremely easy - and everything fit perfectly. The tux was of a good quality and was very clean, and looked great. The ease of order and return is a huge plus. I loved just dropping it off at FedEx after the wedding and being done with it!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Nick Regan · Getting married on 04/09/2021

All Around Amazing! Only Way to Go for Future Events

I've been looking for another option for suit and tux rentals than the typical big name stores who have limited options, are overpriced, and always have an issue. I've been in 5 wedding parties where we've had to use those other suppliers and there was always something wrong before wedding day. TheBlackTux (TBT) seemed to have done their homework and fixed every little issue seen when renting from those other suppliers.

I love that the TBT is reasonably priced and gives you the option to rent or buy. That was a big discussion point for an upcoming friend's wedding. We didn't want to spend $275 on a rental from somewhere else. Meanwhile TBT has good prices for rentals or the option to buy. It's perfect.

My groomsmen for my wedding found the ordering, trying on, and replacements extremely easy. If any of us had any questions, the customer service reps were friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. Can't really ask for more than that from a company. The more TBT grows, I really hope their customer service doesn't change.

I can't say enough good things about our experience. This has to be the one and only option for anyone looking for matching tux options for upcoming events,

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • W

William Nicholson · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Best Customer Service

Your service is incredible. When we had to cancel the wedding due to Covid, y'all allowed the returns without charging for re-renting them later. Thanks.

Sent on 04/16/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan Korphage · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Great experience!

The suits were excellent quality and the customer service was great. I was hesitant to rent from an online retailer, but the process was so easy and everyone in the bridal party had a great experience with The Black Tux.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Stuart

Stuart Turnbull · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Awesome experience!

Great experience with The Black Tux. I really liked the free trial / free try on. The website allows you to check the status of groomsmen progress on registering and placing their suit rental. My packages arrived before expected and everything was neatly packed inside. I also really like that The Black Tux provides the return label already on the box, and TBT gives you a few days to return the suit after the wedding.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Joel

Joel Castro · Getting married on 02/03/2021

Awesome business model and even better suits!

I love your business and business model. All of my five groomsmen found your service 100% more convenient than the traditional suit rental experience. You guys made our lives easier. Thank you!

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • John

John Prem · Getting married on 11/05/2020

Best experience from renting or buying things online!

A M A Z I N G!!!! No words to explains loved it. You guys know me very well. I just had to pick what I want with no hassle.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Michael Lynch · Married on 09/09/2020

Excellent fit and service

I was so surprised at the quality and fit and professional way your company handled the entire process. Really order a tux online ?? Well you shocked me it fit like a glove !! So happy with the entire process, Thanks Mike

Sent on 10/03/2019

Jake · Married on 07/10/2020

More than helpful

I didn't want to go into the store, so I ordered with them online, but I got so much more than I would have in the store!

They mailed the suit to my door so I could try it on. The box already had the return label on underneath. The suit didn't fit quite right and they reached out and I just clicked a button on the webpage for the difference I wanted and they had it all taken care of. Couldn't have been a more seamless situation!

Sent on 10/31/2019

K Dunn · Married on 07/10/2020

Nice fit. Easy service to use.

Let's face it, we have all been to the formal wear tux shop in town. Its musty, strange, and everything is a cheap fabric. For that reason I selected a more custom look for my wedding. It was fine but naturally it took more work for me as the groom to make sure everyone was on the same page come Wedding day

I recently used theBlackTux as a groomsman. It was not my choice, I was in the wedding party so I do what I'm told and smile. Generally, this company nailed the customer profile. Young, tech-native, accustomed to bespoke selections, and above all convenient. We all looked great, fits were perfect, it was fast, easy and priced well. I would 100% do this again for my next formal event and recommend it to anyone that know how to use the internet.

Sent on 11/07/2019