The Bigger Picture Photography Reviews

The Bigger Picture Photography 2

Jill · Married on 07/08/2017

4.2
      2.5

Impressive work, you all seemed accommodating to the bride and groom

Sent on 08/03/2017

Brendan · Married on 07/30/2016

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

The Pros:
    The photographs came out very nice and are of high professional quality. The camera equipment and editing/post-processing abilities are top notch. The schedule of consultations and the day-of was all very smooth and there was zero issues with timing. The artistic eye brought to the photography was very cool and made for some special photos that stand out beyond the common wedding photos you might get from other vendors.

The Cons:
    This photography service is definitely on the expensive side compared to other vendors/options available. Also, there's not a lot of flexibility which made the experience feel awkward/impersonal at times. There's restrictions on when and what photographs you receive which we were told was because of "bad past experiences with other customers". Also, they strongly prefer to NOT have a videographer present which we did as a close family member insisted on us having one and paid for it. A touch more flexibility and a more gentle approach to communication could've made the experience better.

Sent on 12/14/2016

The Bigger Picture Photography's reply:

I'm very sorry this client feels this way, and I've stated that in our correspondence. I try to make sure, before there is any signing with clients, that we are a good fit. This bride chose my highest package. Packages are discussed in detail. It is communicated that should the couple want more prints, products, services, that are not included in the package that it would be extra. I have to think about business expenses, as well as my time. Details are discussed and understood before anyone signs anything.
    I have never had a problem working with a videographer in my whole career. I ask that the couple relay which of us they would like to take priority. There is always a risk for obstructed photographs. This is also in the contract, and we discussed it, especially in regard to retouching. In this case, both my second shooter and I had to politely ask the videographer not to stand right next to the bride, starting with the getting ready shots in the morning and continuing throughout the day and night. I have to do my job as well, or I'd be in trouble, right? Photo was their priority. During the ceremony, we just moved around her and got different angles. The couple had no idea this was happening-I made sure not to involve them. It was polite and friendly. I even gave them time alone with the videographer out of our timeline. I think we handled it well, actually. I believe what he is referring to are the three images, out of 600, where video equipment was seen in the photos. We took care of it. I reminded him of our discussions, emails, and the contract. They were edited.
    I try very hard to make clients happy. Having known this bride in my childhood, I gave several discounts and upgrades on service and products, from my own time and my own money. I'm very sorry he feels this way. I stand by my business practices, pricing, and service. Please read the 49 previous reviews regarding my services and personality. Thank you!