The Bigger Picture Photography Reviews

77 Reviews for The Bigger Picture Photography

The Bigger Picture Photography 1
The Bigger Picture Photography 2

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2013

I liked Lisa from the start! I had interviewed 4-5 different photographers for our wedding and as soon as I spoke to Lisa we clicked! She was upbeat, friendly, and genuine. Leading up to our wedding she was also very organized and thorough. Lisa was able to scout out our photo route for between the ceremony and reception(I requested shots around downtown GR). We had limited time and it was nice for her to have it all planned out for us.
    The wedding day was so smooth and I felt at ease knowing that Lisa would capture all of our great moments!
    We received a preview of our wedding pictures while Andy and I were still on our honeymoon, we could not believe how amazing they turned out and how quickly Lisa was able to post them for us!
    I would recommend Lisa for your wedding, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/15/2013

My wife and I live in Kansas City and planning our wedding in MI made for a lot of phone calls and emails with vendors. When selecting our photographer we talked to a lot companies that we thought could be options. When talking to Lisa with The Bigger Picture she was very organized, genuine and just down to earth. Lisa and my wife talked a handful of times prior to choosing her service, the last few phone calls they had I thought she was talking to a friend she had known for years. When the day finally came Lisa had pre-planned a lot of the shots; from the hotel, ceremony, outdoor and venu. Her planning really showed and captured those unique and perfect angle photos. She found spots throughout town that would go well with the colors of the bridal party. She even had our preview pictures sent to us while we were still on our honeymoon. Nothing better than being able to relive that day while on the beach and a drink in hand. All and all Lisa is very skilled photographer and so happy how our photos turned out.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Jeremy · Married on 06/07/2013

From the very start, Lisa was incredibly enthusiastic about our wedding. From the very start she was willing to work with us to get a custom package that fit our needs and budget. The day of the wedding, she had all the photographs already planned out. The picture taking went smoothly and quickly.

Afterward, we had a preview within a week, and the photographs look amazing. Not only was she friendly to work with, but her incredible skill as a photographer shows in her work. I would quickly recommend her to any person I knew getting married in the Grand Rapids Area!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Caitlin · Married on 06/07/2013

My family can run late and be very hard to handle, but Lisa took everything in stride and was very flexible!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/07/2013

Lisa was fantastic to work with for my daughter's wedding! She worked well with our DJ Wes and the event planner Emmy to coordinate the pictures we wanted and helped keep everything running (mostly) on schedule! She was quick to get the previews out and they are fabulous.... I can't wait to see the final product. She really captured the essence of the day.

Sent on 06/26/2013

kate · Married on 05/17/2013

Lisa was AWESOME!!! totally exceeded our expectations. Our guests were raving when they saw the photos! Many of them want to order prints from the day. Lisa's photo-journalistic style captured the emotion and excitement of our Mehendi Party and events leading up to the big day. There were so many moments captured by her that we had missed in the whirlwind! Looking at those pictures brings back all of the warm feelings from that weekend. They are not just photos, her pictures are works of art!!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Nathan · Married on 12/28/2012

Lisa does an amazing job! She is extremely artistic and takes beautiful pictures. She also works quickly which accommodated my short attention span for posing.

Sent on 01/19/2013

Diana · Married on 12/28/2012

Lisa is truly an artist! She has a great eye which ensures that not only her subject is beautifully portrayed but the background enhances each photo. I am incredibly picky about photographs, but with Lisa's work, I have a hard time narrowing down my favorites. Lisa's photos each captured a part of our wedding story and my husband and I will cherish them always. We would recommend Lisa to anyone who wants stunning photographs to preserve life's most precious moments!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Maggie · Married on 09/07/2012

Lisa is the MOST amazing photographer. She is very professional, a wonderful artist, and just a great person. I have never been disappointed by her work and I will always use her for any future photography needs. I would and do recommend her to anyone in need of a photographer for anything!! She's THE best!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Dave · Married on 09/07/2012

Lisa is an awesome photographer. She made me feel completely comfortable, she was professional, and her pictures are amazing. I would recommend Lisa to anyone! Truly gifted photographer.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Daria · Married on 08/25/2012

The Bigger Picture Photography is a fantastic service provider. Lisa is extremely helpful, flexible, accommodating and professional. She took the most beautiful pictures of our wedding. From the moment I contacted her, she walked us through the process, met with us (long distance) to consult and get to know my husband and I as a couple and our needs. It was a perfect overall experience.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Bernard · Married on 08/25/2012

The Bigger Picture made life easy and took some amazing pictures at our wedding. They deserve the 5 star rating and id refer them to anyone looking to have a good time and capture it. Not to mention they kept my groomsmen and I on schedule.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Lana · Married on 08/11/2012

Lisa is an amazing photographer. She checked out our venue ahead of time. She arrived early for our wedding. Lisa took beautiful pictures beyond our expectations! We had some of our pictures to view on line the next day. We would recommend her to everyone! Thank you Lisa!
    Chris & Lana Doyle

Sent on 09/04/2012

Tara · Married on 10/15/2011

Absolutely amazing! I had so many comments about my pictures being the most unique ones people had seen. Absolutely loved her!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Kimberly · Married on 10/15/2011

Lisa had great vision and a great eye for capturing the day beautifully! The results were breathtaking!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Tori · Married on 09/16/2017

Lisa and The Bigger Picture Photography are amazing! Having a great photographer for our wedding was my number one priority. I am so incredible happy with how it turned out. Lisa makes everything so easy, she was a perfect fit for us. She is friendly and upbeat while being professional and staying on task. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    The Bigger Picture Photography 3
    The Bigger Picture Photography 4

Andrea · Married on 05/29/2010

I originally thought that I wasn't going to be able to afford a photographer but Lisa was willing to work within our budget and I ended up with the most beautiful photos of our special day. I litterally look through our pictures a couple times a week (our 2 year anniversary is next week!). Having them available on a disc is great becuase they were easy to download and I can pull them up anytime I want.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Tonya · Married on 07/08/2017

Lisa captured some great moments at my best friends wedding. She was very professional and patient with the large wedding party. She really captured the love and the personalities of both the bride and the groom. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 07/26/2017

hal · Married on 07/08/2017

This was a great experience, she was able to direct the large rowdy group we had, got great shots of the toddler age kids, and i hardly notice her at all as she captured amazing candid shots!!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

The Bigger Picture Photography's reply:

Awesome! Thank you so much! The rowdiness was funny, and everyone was soooo nice. So much fun.

Lisa provided us with a lot of unique photos of our wedding. There are shots of reflections in mirrors, and shots through windows which are really interesting and artistic. She did a good job of using the varied setting of our venue to give us many different backgrounds for our photos. Turn around time for delivery of our package was quick. We chose the package with a second shooter, which was worth it for us, especially for our ceremony, because Lisa planned for her to take shots of it from a balcony, which we love. Our engagement photos are very nice as well

Sent on 12/13/2016

Laura · Married on 08/15/2015

The Bigger Picture had one of the best portfolios I found during my intense search and Lisa's style fit ours. Sticker shock for cost of good photographers is an understatement but Lisa worked with us and given the quality of her portfolio it was well worth it. We love the portraits and we love the candid shots of our day. I'd love to work with her again.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Christopher · Married on 08/15/2015

Lisa did an excellent job with our informal wedding. We wanted more of a photo-journalist sytle of pictures, and Lisa definitely delivered what we were looking for. She was very responsive to our wishes and had great ideas for where to take us for great backgrounds for our pictures.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

Lisa is so sweet and professional! Anytime I had a question, she would get back to me right away. She did an awesome job on our engagement photos and save the dates and our wedding photos are so stunning. She went above and beyond on our wedding day and stayed until the very end of the night which was not expected. The only thing that I wish was done differently was to have more "posed" pictures of me and my husband smiling. Her approach is much more natural and photojournalistic which is great, but it is nice to have those stereotypical posed photos as well :) I wouldn't hesitate to hire Lisa again and would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/29/2015

hal · Married on 07/08/2017

She was able to keep our Rowdy group together. Great pictures of the kids even though they were uncooperative sometimes. She was great at directing traffic during group shots and individuals. Then during all the candid shots I never saw her, yet she captured every moment we would have wanted!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Chelsea · Married on 09/30/2017

Lisa was so much fun to work with! She always responded to my questions or concerns in a timely manner and was very easy to talk to. Her outgoing personality made taking photos that much more fun. Her assistant Caedy was also amazing. I do wish that we had more time to take posed photos of the bridesmaids but the photos we have seen so far have been absolutely breathtaking! Our videographer did struggle to get certain shots because she moved around so much but other than that, I have nothing but amazing things to say about Lisa and The Bigger Picture!

Sent on 10/26/2017

The Bigger Picture Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the support! I loved this day so much-what a beautiful venue too, right!? The getting ready portion of the day did push photography time later, but it always works out. I kind of expect it on a certain level. Just wait until the final gallery. It is amazing!
    Yes, with video-- I always discuss that the bride must choose who has priority, video or photography , and to relay that to each of us. We discuss that in two consults and it is in my contract. This bride chose photography as primary. On the day of, we went and talked to both videographers and made them aware that we move around. They were
    aware. They said they had three cameras to switch back and forth (and also one propped up on the altar!), so that would be fine.
    When you have four people shooting-photographers and videographers- you just have to make it work. There's a lot of things photographers can't do as well. It's just something that you have to keep in mind. Again, that is why we move around a lot, but also we need to give the couple many angles and a variety of photos!
    Again, this is why the bride's choice of who takes primary role is important and dealt with about four times...
    I just look at it as we are all a team with the couple's best interest at heart.
    Make it work. (Project Runway... anyone?) ;)