36 Reviews for The Big Affair

Prints (3)
Slideshow (2)
Matted Prints (1)
35 The Big Affair Reviews

Highly recommend Tomas! Very professional and creative. We LOVE our photos!

Thanks Tomas!!

Profile Picture Brian, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I have looked at many photographers and vendors, and The Big Affair caught our eyes instantly (note, my mother is a professional photographer, and my wife and I are keen in observing photography). After reviewing his samples, we decided to go with him without hesitation.  Tomas has been very kind to follow our stories, and he really tried to get to know us personally. He was very easy to work with, and has a calming effect on us and we didn't have a single doubt or worry about the photo, before and during the ceremony; we were able to be ourselves, have fun, enjoy the moment, and focus on building our memory. I think working with Tomas was part of the memory of our wedding. He was genuinely wanting our happiness. The reason I emphasize Tomas's personality is because the artist's perspective of the object really determines how his/her work will be portrayed. He did comment constantly that we are cute and beautiful couples, and the work showed itself as such. His photos portrayed ourselves, BETTER THAN how I imagined the best view of ourselves! The photo-journalistic style caught every moment in a natural way, and the photos do not look staged at all. The photos really capture our PERSONALITY: my playfulness, my wife's bashfulness, my father-in-law's quiet and gentle love,  mine and wife's mothers exuberance.. THEY ARE ALL THERE. We did not use a videographer, but the photographs have captured all the memories/stories and tells the stories themselves, that we do not regret not having the videos really! We absolutely love Tomas, and choosing him as our photographer was the best decision we've made for our wedding planning. GET HIM as your photographer while you can!!

Profile Picture Je, 3/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Boudoir Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

Tomas was simply tremendous. I talked to a lot of photraphers and ended up hiring him because the quality of his portfolio pictures was top notch and he was very easy going and friendly in person. I got a really good vibe from talking to him and felt like he was going to do a great job for us.

I hesitently opted for the engagement shoot and even though I wasn't sure about it, I ended up being extremely happy the decision. The engagement shoot was the perfect trial run for the big day and we got to feel very comfortable around him, which made our wedding day a breeze. As soon as we got our shots back I knew we had the right guy, they were absolutely beautiful.

Tomas' wedding day photography was even better, if that is even possible. He worked tirelessly, well into the the evening and captured just about everything. It was astonishing just how many great shots he got... the bridal party, our families, the ceremony, the reception, the detail shots, the candids, the dancing. He seemed to capture everything and the quality was jaw dropping. I am assuredly biased but, the best shots were of myself and my bride... they will truly be treasured forever.

I wholeheartedly recommend you trust Tomas with photography on your big day. No vintage filters, or phony overexposed/washed out shots, just gorgeous pictures taken with the nuance, patience and skill of a true professional.

Profile Picture Clayton, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Tomas was amazing! Not only do we loooooove our pics...but he was professional, attentive, and most importantly talented!. It was a honor for us to work with such a photographer with a eye for perfection.

Love,

Shawn & Jamaika Dansby

Profile Picture jamaika, 12/18/16, 1 Review

Love,

Shawn & Jamaika Dansby

Profile Picture Jamaika, 12/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Thomas is incredible. His passion for capturing the real sweetness of the moment is very special. We spent the day at Matador Beach doing our engagement shoot. A fun filled day that embraced a magnificent sunset. On the wedding day, he directed and made us feel incredibly at ease. He took amazing shots of the ceremony that leave nothing but the essence of the day. Truly appreciate your work. It's crisp, classy, and breathtaking!

Profile Picture Maritza, 11/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

My fiancé and I booked Tomas for our wedding a year in advance after falling in love with his photos and reading all his great reviews online. Since then he has met all of our expectations. He is a true professional, dedicated, and immensely talented, and that is what makes him stand above the rest. We had a big Russian wedding and several videographers getting in the way and he still managed to capture all our important moments beautifully. He speaks Russian, which was an additional asset, and both he and his assistant photographer, Joe, were so great to be around on our wedding day. He is honest, responsive, and he delivered our photos in a timely and creative way. He is also amazing at editing, editing all the photos to timeless perfection. Dear Tomas, thank you for recreating our wedding with so much beauty and giving us everlasting memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Angela, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

When my fiancé and I were looking for a Los Angeles wedding photographer we had to make sure that he takes not only good photos, but also has great and kind personality and very responsive.
Tomas was everything my fiancé and I were looking for. He was so friendly, kind, informative and professional. Plus the photos he takes are completely stunning. So, we did not anticipate to book him for our wedding and were beyond happy with our decision.
On the day of our wedding Tomas and his awesome crew were so professional. Tomas is a true artist. He is very good at directing and knows what angles and light works best for a perfect portrait. Together with his team he captured the essence of who we really are and many beautiful moments that are so precious to us. We were so happy to have Tomas and his team to photograph our wedding and would highly recommend to choose The Big Affair anyone who is getting married!

Profile Picture Alisa, 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

My husband and I could not be more pleased that we hired Tomas as our wedding photographer. We knew he was good based upon his his portfolio, but I was a little nervous as I personally am not the most photogenic individual (I have a tendency to close my eyes in photos A LOT). I shouldn’t have worried: Tomas was able to capture many flattering looks and angles. We got married a week ago, and within two days of our wedding he had already sent us a dozen BEAUTIFUL photos from our special day.

On the day of the wedding, he was early and highly professional. He has a natural way of getting people to pose and his manner with both the wedding party and guests was gentle and amiable. Many of our guests remarked about how great he was, as well as his assistant. My mother requested that Tomas take a picture of every table with us, and he was happy to do so. He was also able to capture some very touching moments and many small details as well. We have already referred friends to him, and I will continue to do so, so their pictures can also be truly flawless.

Thank you so much, Tomas! We cannot wait to see the rest of our photos and relive all of the memories you have preserved for us.

Profile Picture Miriam, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

We were so lucky to have The Big Affair as our wedding photography choice. Tomas was so awesome through the beginning to the very end. As shy people as we are, we could not believe how wonderful we felt taking pictures during our engagement session and wedding ! In addition, before the wedding Tomas gave us advice how to better prepare for the day so it would go smoothly and stress less. And it truly was the most beautiful day in our lives! Tomas is very kindhearted, professional and prompt answering to our emails and always was there for us. The pictures came our phenomenal, timeless and I looked as a bride from magazine and it is all thanks to our photographer.
So, thank you so much for The Big Affair photography to capture our precious moments that we will now pass through generations!

Profile Picture User5520937, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs

We were introduced to Tomas through friends of ours that hired him for their wedding. We had interviewed several photographers but once we met Tomas and saw his work we had to look no further. His work is amazing and his pictures are genius. We did an engagement shoot prior to the wedding, and Tomas was patient and knew exactly the best way to pose us and gave us excellent direction. He had amazing ideas and made me and my fiancé feel completely comfortable. The pictures from the engagement shoot were truly artistic and exceptional. Everyone who saw the pictures felt it was magazine worthy photography. On the wedding day, Tomas was so patient and calm in an otherwise hectic environment. He was able to get all the shots he needed and really took charge. I could not have asked for a better photography and person to spend my day with. I would recommend him to any one of my friends and family without any hesitation. He is worth every penny as he has given us a lifetime of memories. If you book him for your wedding it will be the best decision you make :)

Profile Picture User5397646, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

First of all our wedding was a blast ! It was the most wonderful day in our life with so many beautiful and tear dropping moments. However, since it is a day once in your lifetime I was really stress out about how it is going to turn out. I was so grateful to have Tomas, who is so calm, and his awesome team to help us to go through all of this. We felt so special on our wedding day that even all the little problems did not matter anymore.
Tomas is very professional and always supportive. He has a such a great attitude and personality, and gave so much attention to us, for which we are so thankful. Our photos came out so beautiful that I was even crying when we first saw our gallery. Tomas is also very good at editing and my imperfect skin in the photos he made flawless! Our album came out so gorgeous and we are now so proud to show it out family and friends.
We highly recommend to consider The Big Affair for your special event, because you will be amazed how your photos will come out. And we look forward hiring Tomas again for our next upcoming event or even a baby bump shoot!

Profile Picture Kate, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

Tomas is a skilled photographer with an eye for artistic detail. My husband and I chose him based on his portfolio and professional manner when we met in person. His work was superb, and we are so very glad that we trusted him to photograph our wedding. Tomas captured beautiful images from every moment of the evening, including touching pictures from when we were getting ready. His manner is incredibly professional, he is very kind and a truly talented photographer. Everyone was at ease during the family and wedding party shots and we felt that we were in capable hands. I am so glad that we will always have these amazing pictures to remind us of our beautiful and joyous wedding day. I highly recommend working with Tomas!

Profile Picture Karen, 6/7/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tomas was awesome! He was patient, professional, creative and very easy to work with. He guided us in poses, was quick and efficient. We got our photos back really fast (within 2 weeks) along with an online gallery to share with our loved ones. To say that I loved my pictures would be putting it too lightly. They are gorgeous! I would tell every bride Tomas is the best man for the job when seeking a wedding photographer.

Profile Picture anna, 4/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tomas is simply an artist not a photographer. We hired Tomas for our engagement photo shoot. I could not believe how amazing Tomas was. He is such a friendly person and easy to deal with. He is very active and focused on his job. let me simply tell you this, he would do anything to get a nice shot. We were in february on the beach and it was really cold and Tomas had no problem getting into the water just to take some pics for us, realistically speaking no one else would do that. We were very happy with Tomas and are grateful to his effort also the pics turned out amazing and we were speechless. We cannot wait till the big day to have him again with us. He is worth more than you would ever pay him. if you are looking for a photographer, don't hesitate to hire Tomas Skaringa.

Profile Picture sara , 3/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tomas is extremely professional and talented. I looked at a ton of photographers, and I can say, without a doubt, that Tomas is the best of the best. My wedding was January 2nd, and he already sent us a "Sneak Peak" of some of the images by January 6th. The images blew me away. His work is absolutely phenomenal, and I am so looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures.

Profile Picture Nikki, 1/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

With a hectic schedule as it can be on the wedding day, it is very important to have wedding professionals that will make your special event stress free and enjoyable. I was so lucky and blessed to have Tomas from The Big Affair as our chosen wedding photographer. Right from our initial meeting Tomas was very calm, polite and confident that he would be able to handle our photography needs and meet our expectations. At a first glance, my fiancé Julian and I felt like we knew Tomas for a long time, like a good friend of ours, although it was the first time we ever met him. And as a picky bride I wanted to be sure that we will feel comfortable with a photographer, who is going to spend with us one of the most important days in our lives and capture our special moments.
So, our wedding went amazingly well. I truly didn't even expected it to be so enjoyable, since in the passed at my friend's wedding I saw how stressful the big day can get. And that is all thank to Tomas and his wonderful personality and professionalism. He helped us through the day, kept us calm and comfortable in any situations. Our wedding photos came out so beautiful, that I could not believe of myself looking at my portraits and other moments that our wedding photographer has captured.
Tomas exceeded our expectations and captured our true love story that we will remember for many years!

Profile Picture Julie, 11/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Superb! Amazing! A True Artist!

Wow can this guy take some gorgeous photos. He is a true master at taking some of the most beautiful and quality photos that I have ever seen. He is such a hard worker and he goes above and beyond to make sure he captures stunning photos of your Big Day.

He is very personable and very nice and you really feel lucky to have such a gifted photographer at your side. He is a master at facilitating ease and comfort on your big day and is very sweet and nice to all your family guests.

Tomas Skaringa is a True Artist, his attention to detail is matched by his out-of-this-world work ethic. Not only will you have the biggest selection of gorgeous photos but his turn-around time for delivering you the fully processed photos is almost Super-Hero fast. He is very Very responsive and is a wonderful communicator. He is a true professional. He is kind, thoughtful and is on top of his game. This is very rare in the photography world where flakiness and disappearance is more common than one would hope. He has my highest praise for his work ethic and flawless photographs.

I would highly recommend Tomas. Book him, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

We had an outdoors big wedding consisting of four hundred and fifty people. And since, we have spent so much time on planning our dream wedding, I had to be sure of finding the right wedding photographer who would be able to capture not only two of us, but also every little detail that is so precious to us.

In search through thousands of photographers available in Los Angeles I stumbled across The Big Affair wedding photography by Tomas. Just looking through his impressive and unique portfolio, it was very clear to me that I wanted to meet him in person and check if we were good match after all.

When my fiancé and I met Tomas for the first time, he gave us a very warm greeting. We looked through his extensive portfolio and honestly we wanted to book him on the spot. And besides, his amazing work, Tomas has a pleasing personality. He seemed to be very calm, which was another reason to book him, because I knew that our big wedding is going to be hectic and we wanted to make sure that our photographer would be able to pull through without being stressful.

That being said, we booked Tomas to be our wedding photographer. On the wedding day, as expected, he performed very well, beyond our expectations. He was able to capture our most precious and all the little details that are so dear to us. In addition, we were able to enjoy our big wedding completely stresses, just because of having wonderful and talented people such as Tomas helping us through. And the albums he did to our parents and us are so beautiful that we are getting so many compliments from our family and friends.

So, thank you Tomas for making our dreams to come true. And if you are a bride to be I would highly recommend The Big Affair for your special day.

Profile Picture User5003895, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

When my husband and I were searching for a photographer for our wedding, we somewhat knew what we wanted, but trying to find a photographer was a huge struggle for us because it was our number one priority. We had come across so many other wedding photographers, but the style Tomas had was certainly unique in every way, which ultimately caught our attention when we saw a glimpse of his work. Tomas was everything we could have ever asked for and more from the very first time we met till the day of th wedding. He was kind, friendly and his knowledge for creativity with photos was the greatest impression. His level of commitment to perfecting our vision, exceeded our expectations on a professional and technical level. I would not trust anyone else for your one and ONLY day because of the PASSION he has for his work. If you do not know what you want, not to worry Tomas will take care of you and walk you through everything, more importantly you can trust his work even if you still don't have the slightest clue! We were beyond happy, blessed with how our photos came out and now we have lasting memories thanks to his magnificent work. Thank you again Tomas !

Profile Picture Cindy , 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I could have been more happy having Tomas to capture our special moments! Since the beginning of our first meeting with him, he guided us through and even helped us to prepare for our big day. We found that Tomas is very passionate about his work and the photos he took of us were breathtaking, reflecting our personalities. The portraits he took of me were unbelievably beautiful and worth to frame and hang on the wall. I am so happy to have them, because it will remind me how pretty I was on my wedding day !:-) He managed to capture all the aspects of our wedding, including little details that are so important to us.
Besides his amazing work, Tomas is very interactive and cheerful that helped to managed through stressful wedding day. Even our wedding guests were complimenting our photographer and how professional he was.
Thanks to Tomas and his super talent, we had such a great experience and our beautiful moments secured for many years to come. That being said, I would highly recommend The Big Affair for any couple who are getting married, who wants to get the best images of their wedding and have the best experience with their photographer!

Profile Picture Shannon , 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the moment that my now husband and me sat down with Tomas we knew we could stop looking for our photographer; we had struck GOLD!. Tomas came to meet with us locally, showed us his portfolio and gave us a package that worked within our budget. He checked out the venue ahead of the big day and recommended his wife to me as the hair and make up stylist. As a team they are AMAZING! So calm, soothing, and oozing professionalism and skill. On site , on the day they were confident and friendly at the same time making sure to get the shots taken that we had requested. I have only seen a couple of teaser shots which Tomas kindly sent off to us just a day after the wedding and they are great! We highly recommend Tomas and his wife Agne as a knock out team for weddings.

Profile Picture Julie, 5/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so in love with our wedding pictures! Like any bride our wedding pictures were something I've been looking forward to through the whole process and I am so happy with ours. Tomas is so talented, fantastic and was so fun to work with. He truly captured the magic of our special day. I absolutely can't recommend him enough and know that I will be calling him whenever I need a special moment captured.

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tomas did an amazing job with our wedding pictures. He was very detailed and patient with us, and the pictures really showed it! He spent time getting to know us and was very responsive to our requests. Also, he's very good at communicating and following through in a timely manner. We are very happy!

Profile Picture Ken, 3/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I completely enjoyed our experience with The Big Affair Photography from start to finish. Tomas has a great eye and is able to pick out the perfect shots. We couldn’t have asked for better pictures! As you can see from his sample albums, his photos have a timeless aesthetic quality; they aren’t gimmicky and won’t become dated. Moreover, Tomas has a great personality. He’s vibrant, enthusiastic, personable, and clearly dedicated to his art. He has a special ability to bring out the personality and the feeling of moment and people in the pictures, in addition to having an excellent artistic sense. We appreciated Tomas’ flexibility in choosing times that were convenient for us, even though we were very busy, and his professional relationship with us has become a good friendship. We highly suggest contacting Tomas and choosing The Big Affair Photography for your wedding.

Profile Picture Peter, 1/1/14, 1 Review