The Bennett-Curtis House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Vulcan M. Getting married on 01/01/2023

Delicious Food - Great Service

The staff on site was very courteous and went above and beyond to ensure that our celebration for our employees was a success. The chef hat, professionalism, the food, and positive attitude will be remembered by our management team. The food venue was a big hit and one of the senior managers present indicated that we had set the bar for an event of this type. We recommend Bennett Curtis for all catering needs!!
    Travis M. Married on 12/17/2021

Staff Christmas party

We had a group of 28 for a staff Christmas party. The dinner options were perfect for our diverse group. The murder mystery was hilarious and very interactive. Our group truly was having the best time. Loved the venue, food and the actor’s were very entertaining. I would highly recommend it. They also a Harry Potter themed party, several of us would to attend in the future.
  • Anne
    Anne W. Married on 12/11/2021

Very accommodating!

We love working with Bennett-Curtis House! They were fantastic at answering all of our questions, meeting all of our needs and going above and beyond to make sure the event was exactly what we needed!
  • Summer
    Summer B. Married on 10/08/2021

Everyone had an amazing time.

It was an amazing place to have a beautiful wedding. Everyone had a great time!
    Amy B. Married on 07/05/2021

Perfect for our party!

Hired them several years ago for a catered birthday party and hired them again for our most recent birthday party event. They provided excellent food and service both times!! party,
    Kyle S. Married on 11/09/2020

Bennett Curtis House Went Beyond Our Expectations

Very good value and availability to review the details of our event, and most importantly the Bennett Curtis House delivered on those details. Very flexible. Very beautiful outdoor and indoor setting; enjoyed by all. Great value; not sure if there is anywhere else where you could have such a nice wedding reception in such a unique and beautiful place with a modest budget.
    Brittany M. Married on 10/24/2020

Wedding Shower

The staff at the Bennett Curtis house was extremely accommodating throughout the whole process of my wedding shower, it turned out perfectly and we couldn’t have been happier.
  • Klorissa
    Klorissa Married on 09/28/2020

Was a abouslute hit!

My fiance and I were supposed to have a wedding last year. We had to postponed till this year. We decided to do a joint Bachelor and Bachelorette with a 1920 speak easy murder mystery. LET ME TELL YOU !!!! IT WAS PERFECT!!!!! FOOD WAS DELIGHTFUL AND DELICIOUS, CAST WAS FRIENDLY AND HILARIOUS. MOST OF THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY NEVER DONE A MURDER MYSTERY DINNER .THEY CAN'T STOP RAVING!!!!! WE ARE ALREADY GETTING A GROUP TOGETHER TO GO TO WIZARD FEST AND THEN DO ANOTHER THEMED MURDER MYSTERY AFTER THE WEDDING. WE WILL BE BACK SOON !!!!!!
    Constance Married on 09/25/2020

Wedding at Willow Haven

The Bennett-Curtis house went above and beyond for our small wedding this past weekend. Scott helped with everything, from getting our timeline together to suggesting different menu options. I rented a lot of table setting items which was so helpful! The food was so good and the staff was so nice and attentive! If you’re looking for delicious, friendly catering this is it! Thank you for everything and we will definitely keep this business in mind for future events.
    Pam D. Married on 11/09/2019

Fabulous and Affordable!

I had my granddaughters wedding bridal tea. Everybody thought it was wonderful. Mini sandwiches and desserts were great. Beautifully decorated with white tablecloths and choice of colored napkins. No complaints. My granddaughter who is 5 told me it was the best party she was ever at! It was very affordable and I totally recommend it! Thanks to Bennett-Curtis for a wonderful bridal tea. 👏👏👏👍🏻💐👰🏻🤵🏼🤩👫
    Ann H. Married on 08/03/2019

Outstanding Service & Great Food!

Bennett-Curtis catered my Dad's 90th birthday celebration. The original estimate was for 100 people and as we continued to add people, the final guest count was 180. Nicole and Scott were always prompt, flexible, courteous and professional. They understand the concept of customer service. The party attendees provided feedback that the food was excellent. I even got a call from my aunt asking who we used because she wants to check with them about doing an event for her. Bennett-Curtis will definitely be my "go-to" caterer for future events.
    Victoria Married on 05/18/2019

Bridal Shower Tea Party

If you are looking for a location for a bridal shower, The Bennett-Curtis House is perfect! I had a tea party themed shower and it was wonderful. All of the food was great, the set up was perfect for what we needed, and the staff was friendly and accommodating! I would highly recommend this for someone looking for a bridal shower venue.
    Heather Married on 08/18/2018
    Staff was helpful, accommodating and friendly, food was great and they cleaned up and left like ninjas!
    Stacy Married on 09/09/2017
    We had high expectations all were met. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect! We had a 1920s theme. We wanted a cocktail style party with plenty of filling food. So our guests could mingle and socialize. Presentation was huge to us and they nailed it! Thank you so much Scott and Staff we are very happy. The food was delicious!
    Lisa Married on 07/01/2017
    The Bennett Curtis House catered our son and daughter in law's reception two weeks ago and did a wonderful job! Scott and his team were helpful throughout the planning and were seamless in their presentation. We were so very pleased with the quality of the appetizers and fruit station and with his willingness to make sure everything turned out perfectly! We are very happy we used them for this important event! Strongly recommend BCH!
  • User2659627 2+ years ago
    Both Terri and Scott were awesome to work with. The food was beyond amazing!
    Kelly Married on 10/10/2015
    Excellent service provided throughout process. Everyone went out of their way to help make our day amazing. We were a very small party, only about 30 total and we were treated as if we were spending 10s of thousands of dollars. Highly recommend this venue and all of the persons associated with the business.
  • User2326756 2+ years ago
    I hosted a baby shower at this venue and would recommend it to anyone looking for a class venue in Kankakee county. Very easy.
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 09/05/2015
    I cannot recommend Bennett-Curtis House highly enough! I was a unique bride with a unique vision: a wedding at a train depot, with a vintage 1950s Americana theme. I wanted food stations, with Americana themed food: mini sliders, grilled cheese, mashed potatoes, salad, etc. I researched probably 2-3 dozen, MINIMUM, different catering vendors in the entire Chicago, suburbs, and central Illinois area. Bennett-Curtis was the only vendor that seemed to already offer and know what they were doing with a food station menu, at a very reasonable cost. So then, of course, I was nervous to try the food. I went with my parents, and while I wouldn't exactly qualify us as foodie experts, we do know good quality food and BCH knocked it out of the park!! Seriously!! Everything was so good, with little twists that made it all a little more gourmet. For example, their mini chicken breast sliders - with sweet mango salsa. I'm not even big on salsa and it was amazing. The number of people we had complimenting the food at our wedding was impressive. Plus, Scott and his staff were incredibly responsible and flexible, almost always getting responses within 24 hours or less via email. If you're planning a wedding anywhere in the North or Central region of Illinois, especially if you have a specific vision for what you want at your wedding, DO NOT leave BCH out of your consideration set - I really don't see how they could disappoint!!
    Kathleen Event on: 07/26/2015
    Working with Terry made the planning process very easy. She was very accommodating and answered all my questions. Would definitely host an event there again. Terry and Lisa did a fantastic job making sure my guests were attended to. The food was great and the Mimosa station was a big hit.
    Kate Married on 06/20/2015
    Our venue shut down 18 days before the wedding and they helped us out of a tight spot. We should have just gone with them from the beginning! What a great place, staff, and service!!!
    Marissa Married on 09/06/2014
    We had our wedding ceremony at the Bennett Curtis House and it was beautiful. Scott was a great event planner and he made sure that everything went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Scott and the Bennett Curtis House for people looking for a nice and affordable place for their wedding and for other events as well.
  • User1845805 Event on: 06/22/2014
    Bennett-Curtis catered my graduation party, and I could not have been more pleased. Every detail was attended to. Guests raved about the food, the service, and the professionalism of the staff. I was able to turn the day over to them and enjoy my friends and family. Thank you!
    Barbara Married on 09/07/2013
    Bennett Curtis House is excellent for your catering needs!! They were right on time, handled the crowd with tact and professionalism. The food was absolutely wonderful and for the money you cannot beat it!! Anything we wanted or needed they accomodated us. If I am planning another event like this I will definitely call them again. They are just absolutely GREAT!!
    Eileen B. Married on 08/09/2013
    We used Bennett-Curtis Catering for our 35th Wedding Anniversary Party which was held at the B. Harley Bradley House in Kankakee. Because Scott and his crew had catered many previous events there, they knew all about the strict rules of a Frank Lloyd Wright house, and knew just how to set-up the rooms for good traffic flow, etc. The staff was extremely professional and helpful, and the food was excellent. They couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. We would highly recommend!