The Bennett-Curtis House Reviews

33 | Grant Park, IL

33 Reviews for The Bennett-Curtis House

33 The Bennett-Curtis House Reviews

Heather · Married on 08/18/2018

Staff was helpful, accommodating and friendly, food was great and they cleaned up and left like ninjas!

Stacy · Married on 09/09/2017

We had high expectations all were met. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect! We had a 1920s theme. We wanted a cocktail style party with plenty of filling food. So our guests could mingle and socialize. Presentation was huge to us and they nailed it! Thank you so much Scott and Staff we are very happy. The food was delicious!

Both Terri and Scott were awesome to work with. The food was beyond amazing!

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

Excellent service provided throughout process. Everyone went out of their way to help make our day amazing. We were a very small party, only about 30 total and we were treated as if we were spending 10s of thousands of dollars. Highly recommend this venue and all of the persons associated with the business.

I hosted a baby shower at this venue and would recommend it to anyone looking for a class venue in Kankakee county. Very easy.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/05/2015

I cannot recommend Bennett-Curtis House highly enough! I was a unique bride with a unique vision: a wedding at a train depot, with a vintage 1950s Americana theme. I wanted food stations, with Americana themed food: mini sliders, grilled cheese, mashed potatoes, salad, etc. I researched probably 2-3 dozen, MINIMUM, different catering vendors in the entire Chicago, suburbs, and central Illinois area. Bennett-Curtis was the only vendor that seemed to already offer and know what they were doing with a food station menu, at a very reasonable cost. So then, of course, I was nervous to try the food. I went with my parents, and while I wouldn't exactly qualify us as foodie experts, we do know good quality food and BCH knocked it out of the park!! Seriously!! Everything was so good, with little twists that made it all a little more gourmet. For example, their mini chicken breast sliders - with sweet mango salsa. I'm not even big on salsa and it was amazing. The number of people we had complimenting the food at our wedding was impressive. Plus, Scott and his staff were incredibly responsible and flexible, almost always getting responses within 24 hours or less via email. If you're planning a wedding anywhere in the North or Central region of Illinois, especially if you have a specific vision for what you want at your wedding, DO NOT leave BCH out of your consideration set - I really don't see how they could disappoint!!

Kate · Married on 06/20/2015

Our venue shut down 18 days before the wedding and they helped us out of a tight spot. We should have just gone with them from the beginning! What a great place, staff, and service!!!

Marissa · Married on 09/06/2014

We had our wedding ceremony at the Bennett Curtis House and it was beautiful. Scott was a great event planner and he made sure that everything went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Scott and the Bennett Curtis House for people looking for a nice and affordable place for their wedding and for other events as well.

Barbara · Married on 09/07/2013

Bennett Curtis House is excellent for your catering needs!! They were right on time, handled the crowd with tact and professionalism. The food was absolutely wonderful and for the money you cannot beat it!! Anything we wanted or needed they accomodated us. If I am planning another event like this I will definitely call them again. They are just absolutely GREAT!!

Eileen & Bruce · Married on 08/09/2013

We used Bennett-Curtis Catering for our 35th Wedding Anniversary Party which was held at the B. Harley Bradley House in Kankakee. Because Scott and his crew had catered many previous events there, they knew all about the strict rules of a Frank Lloyd Wright house, and knew just how to set-up the rooms for good traffic flow, etc. The staff was extremely professional and helpful, and the food was excellent. They couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. We would highly recommend!

Dino · Married on 08/03/2013

Working with Scott from the Bennett Curtis House was easy. He help us out with anything that he could. The place was beautiful and everyone complimented us on the venue. He accommodated our last minute changes in plans better than we could have asked. We held the Ceremony and the reception there and they really did a great job. The food was great and the grounds made for some really spectacular photos. I would recommend this place to anyone no matter how fancy or informal you want you event to be.

Jenni · Married on 07/04/2012

We decided to get married and planned our wedding with the help of my mom, sister-in-law, my mother-in-law, my friend Emily and Scott from the Bennett Curtis House in less than 3 WEEKS!! They grilled the food there so it was all fresh. He brought me my flowers so I didn't have to run to florist. He also had my boys fitted and brought and took back their tuxes for me!! There was not one thing that I wanted done for the wedding that they couldn't do. They made planning this day such a less stressful situation than it could be!!! Thanks so much Scott to you and your family.....

N · Married on 07/09/2011

I would highly recommend the Bennett Curtis House to have your wedding. They are great to work with and truly care about what the bride and groom want. I had a lot of guests come up and say it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to, the outdoor ceremony is breathtaking, especially at night with all the outdoor lights. They are great at helping you plan your wedding. They take a lot of stress off the bride. Highly recommend!

J · Married on 06/18/2011

What a wonderful place to have a wedding. Great place, turn of the century mansion. Helpful staff, great food and a beautiful place to have a wedding. With 3 choices of outdoors plus indoors in desired, they bring bride and groom together with wedding professionals to make your day enjoyable, worry-free, and easy.

Jeanne · Married on 07/17/2010

We held our wedding reception at Bennett-Curtis House and could not have been more pleased with their service throughout the entire process from planning to execution. I must first say that we have attended weddings there in the past and always admired the beautiful setting but we were unsure whether we could hold our reception there as my husband has Celiac Disease and he must eat 100% gluten free. The owner went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. He recreated several dishes on the menu, which we were dying to try, in order to make them gluten free and delicious. Such care went into every detail to make our reception exactly what we dreamed of. We even hired them to come to our "post-party" celebration about 15 miles from the venue - they catered and served an amazing mashed potato bar that was exactly what we needed after a long night of celebrating. We had, as most couples do, several scheduling glitches the day of the wedding. BCH was extremely flexible and allowed us to start setting up early, serve dinner a bit late, and so on. The staff at BCH are friendly, attentive, and professional. To sum up the experience, I would say: Gluten Free Heaven! Accommodating beyond belief! Stunning and unique location with fantastic staff and ownership!

S · Married on 09/19/2009

We had an outdoor wedding and reception, it was amazing. We often look back and try to think of one thing that wasn't absolutely perfect and to be honest we can't. We had a beautiful sunny day, the decor of the house was gorgeous, the food was amazing and you could definetly tell this wasn't their first wedding. I highly recommend the Bennett Curtis House in Grant Park, IL.

Danielle · Married on 06/20/2009

It was wonderful service! Everyone complimented on the food and the service. All our guest were very satisfied with the Bennet Curtis House. Thanks so much for making Our special day so great!

N · Married on 06/06/2009

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Scott and Kerry at the Bennett Curtis House are exceptional at what they do. They work with the couple to be married and are very courteous and professional. They help work around your budget and your wants and needs. They help you find all of the vendors, and if you take a package through them, the photographer, cake designer, florist, carriage ride, catering, and reception and ceremony site are all accompanied into the package and you don't have to worry about contacting/finding those vendors. The total price for our wedding is very reasonable considering the exceptional service we received. The pictures of the outdoor wedding are gorgeous and I couldn't be more pleased. I would recommend having your wedding and reception at the Bennett Curtis House to everyone.

Margie · Married on 05/30/2009

Wonderful! Beautiful! Outstanding! I had planned to hold the reception at our home since my sister wanted a garden reception and our backyard would have been lovely in May,but as the number of guests increased I had to make a quick change of plans. I checked numerous locations and chose the Bennett-Curtis House because Scott was very accomadating and the Garden location they could provide was perfect especially since there was a great location for the band,and dancing as well. The staff was professional and could not have been nicer. Everyone had a lovely time and didn't want the evening to end. It was aperfect spot for a garden reception and I would recommend it without reservation for a wedding or other special event. Margie Milone ( sister of the bride)

• Angie

Angie · Married on 04/25/2008

I would do it ALL OVER AGAIN there. They were the best from beginning to end!

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2001

I had my wedding here almost 9 years ago and my guests are still talking about what a gorgeous wedding it was! We were married outside on the bridge in the garden in the middle of July and it was the most perfect wedding! I highly recommend it to everyone. The cost is soooo reasonable for what you are getting!

• User4449212 · event on: 06/22/2014

Bennett-Curtis catered my graduation party, and I could not have been more pleased. Every detail was attended to. Guests raved about the food, the service, and the professionalism of the staff. I was able to turn the day over to them and enjoy my friends and family. Thank you!

Kathleen · event on: 07/26/2015

Working with Terry made the planning process very easy. She was very accommodating and answered all my questions. Would definitely host an event there again. Terry and Lisa did a fantastic job making sure my guests were attended to. The food was great and the Mimosa station was a big hit.

We had a wonderful experience. The entire wedding and rehearsal went very well. It was a perfect experience. Thank you so much!!