33 Reviews for The Bennett-Curtis House

4.7
31 The Bennett-Curtis House Reviews

Staff was helpful, accommodating and friendly, food was great and they cleaned up and left like ninjas!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had high expectations all were met. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect! We had a 1920s theme. We wanted a cocktail style party with plenty of filling food. So our guests could mingle and socialize. Presentation was huge to us and they nailed it! Thank you so much Scott and Staff we are very happy. The food was delicious!

Profile Picture Stacy, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Both Terri and Scott were awesome to work with. The food was beyond amazing!

Profile Picture User5185703, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Excellent service provided throughout process. Everyone went out of their way to help make our day amazing. We were a very small party, only about 30 total and we were treated as if we were spending 10s of thousands of dollars. Highly recommend this venue and all of the persons associated with the business.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I hosted a baby shower at this venue and would recommend it to anyone looking for a class venue in Kankakee county. Very easy.

Profile Picture User5457012, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot recommend Bennett-Curtis House highly enough! I was a unique bride with a unique vision: a wedding at a train depot, with a vintage 1950s Americana theme. I wanted food stations, with Americana themed food: mini sliders, grilled cheese, mashed potatoes, salad, etc. I researched probably 2-3 dozen, MINIMUM, different catering vendors in the entire Chicago, suburbs, and central Illinois area. Bennett-Curtis was the only vendor that seemed to already offer and know what they were doing with a food station menu, at a very reasonable cost. So then, of course, I was nervous to try the food. I went with my parents, and while I wouldn't exactly qualify us as foodie experts, we do know good quality food and BCH knocked it out of the park!! Seriously!! Everything was so good, with little twists that made it all a little more gourmet. For example, their mini chicken breast sliders - with sweet mango salsa. I'm not even big on salsa and it was amazing. The number of people we had complimenting the food at our wedding was impressive. Plus, Scott and his staff were incredibly responsible and flexible, almost always getting responses within 24 hours or less via email. If you're planning a wedding anywhere in the North or Central region of Illinois, especially if you have a specific vision for what you want at your wedding, DO NOT leave BCH out of your consideration set - I really don't see how they could disappoint!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our venue shut down 18 days before the wedding and they helped us out of a tight spot. We should have just gone with them from the beginning! What a great place, staff, and service!!!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony at the Bennett Curtis House and it was beautiful. Scott was a great event planner and he made sure that everything went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Scott and the Bennett Curtis House for people looking for a nice and affordable place for their wedding and for other events as well.

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Bennett Curtis House is excellent for your catering needs!! They were right on time, handled the crowd with tact and professionalism. The food was absolutely wonderful and for the money you cannot beat it!! Anything we wanted or needed they accomodated us. If I am planning another event like this I will definitely call them again. They are just absolutely GREAT!!

Profile Picture Barbara, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Bennett-Curtis Catering for our 35th Wedding Anniversary Party which was held at the B. Harley Bradley House in Kankakee. Because Scott and his crew had catered many previous events there, they knew all about the strict rules of a Frank Lloyd Wright house, and knew just how to set-up the rooms for good traffic flow, etc. The staff was extremely professional and helpful, and the food was excellent. They couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Eileen & Bruce, 8/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with Scott from the Bennett Curtis House was easy. He help us out with anything that he could. The place was beautiful and everyone complimented us on the venue. He accommodated our last minute changes in plans better than we could have asked. We held the Ceremony and the reception there and they really did a great job. The food was great and the grounds made for some really spectacular photos. I would recommend this place to anyone no matter how fancy or informal you want you event to be.

Profile Picture Dino, 8/3/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We decided to get married and planned our wedding with the help of my mom, sister-in-law, my mother-in-law, my friend Emily and Scott from the Bennett Curtis House in less than 3 WEEKS!! They grilled the food there so it was all fresh. He brought me my flowers so I didn't have to run to florist. He also had my boys fitted and brought and took back their tuxes for me!! There was not one thing that I wanted done for the wedding that they couldn't do. They made planning this day such a less stressful situation than it could be!!! Thanks so much Scott to you and your family.....

Profile Picture Jenni, 7/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I would highly recommend the Bennett Curtis House to have your wedding. They are great to work with and truly care about what the bride and groom want. I had a lot of guests come up and say it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to, the outdoor ceremony is breathtaking, especially at night with all the outdoor lights. They are great at helping you plan your wedding. They take a lot of stress off the bride. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture N, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a wonderful place to have a wedding. Great place, turn of the century mansion. Helpful staff, great food and a beautiful place to have a wedding. With 3 choices of outdoors plus indoors in desired, they bring bride and groom together with wedding professionals to make your day enjoyable, worry-free, and easy.

Profile Picture J, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding reception at Bennett-Curtis House and could not have been more pleased with their service throughout the entire process from planning to execution. I must first say that we have attended weddings there in the past and always admired the beautiful setting but we were unsure whether we could hold our reception there as my husband has Celiac Disease and he must eat 100% gluten free. The owner went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. He recreated several dishes on the menu, which we were dying to try, in order to make them gluten free and delicious. Such care went into every detail to make our reception exactly what we dreamed of. We even hired them to come to our "post-party" celebration about 15 miles from the venue - they catered and served an amazing mashed potato bar that was exactly what we needed after a long night of celebrating. We had, as most couples do, several scheduling glitches the day of the wedding. BCH was extremely flexible and allowed us to start setting up early, serve dinner a bit late, and so on. The staff at BCH are friendly, attentive, and professional. To sum up the experience, I would say: Gluten Free Heaven! Accommodating beyond belief! Stunning and unique location with fantastic staff and ownership!

Profile Picture Jeanne, 7/17/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

We had an outdoor wedding and reception, it was amazing. We often look back and try to think of one thing that wasn't absolutely perfect and to be honest we can't. We had a beautiful sunny day, the decor of the house was gorgeous, the food was amazing and you could definetly tell this wasn't their first wedding. I highly recommend the Bennett Curtis House in Grant Park, IL.

Profile Picture S, 9/19/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was wonderful service! Everyone complimented on the food and the service. All our guest were very satisfied with the Bennet Curtis House. Thanks so much for making Our special day so great!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/20/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Scott and Kerry at the Bennett Curtis House are exceptional at what they do. They work with the couple to be married and are very courteous and professional. They help work around your budget and your wants and needs. They help you find all of the vendors, and if you take a package through them, the photographer, cake designer, florist, carriage ride, catering, and reception and ceremony site are all accompanied into the package and you don't have to worry about contacting/finding those vendors. The total price for our wedding is very reasonable considering the exceptional service we received. The pictures of the outdoor wedding are gorgeous and I couldn't be more pleased. I would recommend having your wedding and reception at the Bennett Curtis House to everyone.

Profile Picture N, 6/6/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Invitations, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Wonderful! Beautiful! Outstanding! I had planned to hold the reception at our home since my sister wanted a garden reception and our backyard would have been lovely in May,but as the number of guests increased I had to make a quick change of plans. I checked numerous locations and chose the Bennett-Curtis House because Scott was very accomadating and the Garden location they could provide was perfect especially since there was a great location for the band,and dancing as well. The staff was professional and could not have been nicer. Everyone had a lovely time and didn't want the evening to end. It was aperfect spot for a garden reception and I would recommend it without reservation for a wedding or other special event. Margie Milone ( sister of the bride)

Profile Picture Margie, 5/30/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would do it ALL OVER AGAIN there. They were the best from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Angie, 4/25/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Invitations, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I had my wedding here almost 9 years ago and my guests are still talking about what a gorgeous wedding it was! We were married outside on the bridge in the garden in the middle of July and it was the most perfect wedding! I highly recommend it to everyone. The cost is soooo reasonable for what you are getting!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/14/01, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience. The entire wedding and rehearsal went very well. It was a perfect experience. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture User4481134, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My daughter had her wedding at Bennett Curtis and she couldn't have picked a more lovlier place to get married. She lives out of state but got married back home so it was up to Mom to do a lot of running around! Going to Bennett Curtis made things so easy. Right from the beginning they were easy to work with, very responsive, very easy going. The venue is beautiful. Our guests commented on the lovely decor. The food was fantastic - from the appetizers, the main meal (we had food stations), and the chocolate fountain was a HUGE hit! The bride and groom wanted everything outside and it got quite chilly. Scott had heaters to put up under the tent and it made for a very enjoyable evening. I would highly recommend Bennett Curtis. If you don't have time to run around for a cake, tuxes, DJ, photographer - no worries they take care of that for you. You just make the phone calls. It was wonderful. A great place for a wedding!!

Profile Picture Janet, 5/12/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend The Bennett-Curtis House to anyone who wants a 'Wedding to Remember.' The staff was amazing and helpful. The grounds were colorful with all the different flowers blooming. The cost was perfect and the food was AMAZING!!!!

Profile Picture Terri, 8/12/11, 1 Review