The Bell Tower Reviews

18 | Nashville, TN

18 Reviews for The Bell Tower

Amber · Married on 09/30/2017

There aren't enough words to express how amazing the service and staff are at The Bell Tower.

The venue itself is beautiful. If you're a hands off bride, this is the venue for you! Our event specialist Haven was awesome. She made sure everything was taken care of down to the last detail. She really took the time to listen to what my vision was and made it come to life.

Our guests loved the Tasting Room! I highly suggest incorporating it into your event.

If you are looking for a full service venue, this venue is for you!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

The Bell Tower's reply:

Amber, we're so thrilled you and Breon enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for letting us be a part of it. Love to you both!

Jackie · Married on 09/24/2016

I was initially nervous about The Bell Tower's pricing, especially for the date and time we wanted to get married. But the service they provided us - from the responsive event specialist who accommodated our budgetary restrictions and our vision, to the patient catering team that reworked a recipe to give us the dinner we wanted, to the flawless execution of events on our wedding day - is literally worth every penny. You might be frustrated that every detail has a price tag, and that some pricey details that don't seem necessary are required, but on your wedding day you and your family will not have to worry about a single thing. You will get to focus on the people and the moments that are most important because you've got a five star staff running the show. On our wedding day we understood what we had been paying for.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Jill · Married on 03/05/2016

The Bell Tower provided the perfect venue for my dream wedding. My Event Specialist catered to my every need and I could not have had a better experience.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Merritt · Married on 08/08/2015

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Bell Tower on 8.8.15. We just got back from our belated Honeymoon so I can officially say that our wedding experience has come to an end and I can gush over what a fantastic party we had back in August of this past year.
    We wanted to throw a party and not host a "typical" wedding reception. The staff at The Bell Tower helped make that happen. McClain and Amy were our planners and handled every detail. They helped secure the band that I had wanted to play at my wedding since the first time I saw them at the Cinco de Mayo block party behind Sam's place many years ago, Guilty Pleasures. I also had a request to have a kitten corral for people to play with kittens during the party...they came through and I did indeed have kittens at my wedding :) We also worked directly with the culinary team to design our menu- my husband is a total foodie so he loved the opportunity to work directly with the chef- surf and turf carving station was a huge hit with out guests and the caesar salad dippers were are fun twist.
    As we started planning the party we let McClain know what our budget was. She showed us what all that would include with Infinity Events & Catering and was always helpful when we go off track a little and helped us keep our decisions in line with our budget.
    I am not a big fan of flowers but my mother insisted on having some- McClain met with me to figure out something that would be tasteful but not over the top. She helped take my vision to the florist and the flowers on the day were beautiful!!
    The day of the party I didnt have to worry about a thing. We showed up and partied! Knowing the the staff was taking care of everything make it so easy to relax and actually have a good time. The lighting, the food, the friendliness of the staff, the attention to detail, the gorgeous building- all of these elements make The Bell Tower a beautiful wedding experience. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/01/2016

The Bell Tower hosted our daughter's wedding reception for 230 people and we cannot say enough about the fabulous job they did, especially our event specialist, Leah Kutil. At every point in the planning, Leah and her team were wonderful to work with - responsive, organized, and professional while helping us create a wonderful, memorable evening. They worked very well with all our vendors and when we arrived following the ceremony, all was in place just as we had planned. Leah and her team executed everything with a warm smile, and a reassuring calm that was invaluable to this bride and groom and their families! Special highlights included the bourbon tasting bar, the late-night grilled cheese station, and the individualized lighting plan. Additionally, since over half of our guests were from out of town, the location of the Bell Tower downtown was a real draw. We also took advantage of some of the optional services available on the planning menu (room blocks, transportation and goodie bags) which they did a great job on, making our lives much easier. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food, the great event space, and all the special touches that made our evening so memorable. We cannot recommend The Bell Tower more highly.

Sent on 06/10/2015

The Bell Tower on 34th is one of the most magical places to have a wedding. I have received nothing but positive feedback regarding the amazing experience everyone had while attending my wedding. If I had to do my wedding all over again, I will definitely return to the Bell Tower. My coordinator, Angie Stubler, help to make everything especially perfect for me. It was indeed an amazing day!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Amber · Married on 11/19/2016

I could not be more pleased to have stumbled upon this venue. We originally toured the Bridge Building and looked at the Bell Tower on a whim. We instantly fell in love with the beautiful space and historic site in the middle of downtown Nashville! We were supported in every detail of the planning process. Even a last minute change in wedding coordinators (a bride's potential nightmare) turned into a blessing. Bailee went above and beyond to make sure ever detail was taken care of. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and truly exceeded our expectations. The food, lighting and decor were perfect! I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would highly recommend the Bell Tower or any of the Infinity Event spaces for your event!

Sent on 12/06/2016

MacKenzie · event on 11/01/2016

My guest were raving about the venue and the menu. The staff made load in and and load out very easy.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Cindy · Married on 05/21/2016

We had an overall very positive experience at the Bell Tower. The food was excellent and very nicely displayed. The bar set up was great and the bartenders were very nice. We worked with Amy and found that she was extremely positive and helpful during the months leading up to our rehearsal dinner and she was GREAT the day of the event as well. Although I felt the rental fee was a bit high, the overall costs did not differ too much from other venues we explored and this space worked perfectly for our dinner and welcome party. They were very flexible about letting me bring in decorations and also let us hold the wedding rehearsal here before the dinner- all in all, we would highly recommend the Bell Tower.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Breanna · Getting married on 07/20/2019

3.0

This venue was beautiful inside and out with an option for every idea you could dream of. Our coordinator, Emily, was fantastic and helpful on the tour but unfortunately we decided not to use this event space. If you are on a budget, this is not the event space for you. The pricing online is only the cost of the venue itself and doesn't include anything else. If money was not an object for our wedding, this would have been the venue. The only reason for the lower star rating is because I wish the pricing for the venue was a little bit more transparent.

Sent on 03/23/2018

The Bell Tower's reply:

Breanna, we are so glad you loved the space! We apologize for any confusion in regards to pricing, the venue rental rate does not include additional event services such as catering, staffing or florals, etc. The final price is based upon those selections. We do provide each client with a custom proposal to ensure that every aspect is tailored to your specific wants and needs, and allows you to see a detailed breakdown of the costs. We really appreciate your feedback and have since made some changes to better clarify what is included in the venue rental rate going forward. Thank you again!

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

We recently had our wedding at The Bell Tower and were very happy with how everything turend out! The planning proccess was a litle bit stressful because the venue is definitely expensive, but it was worth the price. The staff was absolutely amazing and made our day completely stress-free! They were very helpful and respectful to the guests. We received SO many compliments throughout the night. We love The Bell Tower and the staff at infinity events! Thank you for the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Caroline · Married on 11/07/2015

If you are looking for a unique and beautiful space this is the one for you! Its also great for the urban bride looking to be close to downtown.

Sent on 12/20/2016
  • Val

Val Torrizo · Married on 03/16/2019

The Prime Wedding Location in Nashville

We got married in mid-March and worked with Emily O. with Infinity Hospitality. We LOVED our venue! We had about 125 guests which was more than enough room for us to speak to each guest but also party through the dance floor. Nestled in the heart of downtown Nashville, this once-upon-a-time-church was everything we could have asked for. Me and my bridesmaids (and bro-maids, yes I had guys) took up both areas to get ready, while the groom got ready off-site. It's a small area for more than 10 people.

We did our ceremony here, too, so we were given complimentary food while we got ready. It was great!! Emily and her team worked well with my vendors. During cocktail hour, they aside dinner for me and my husband so we wouldn't feel awkward during the reception.

I highly recommend this location if you're looking for something that yells "Nashville" without the grassy farmland.

Sent on 04/04/2019

The Bell Tower's reply:

Val, we're thrilled to hear you loved the venue! We love how you made the space your own, adding a modern, alternative vibe to our historic setting. Congratulations to you and Kyle!

Ashley · Married on 08/13/2016

4.2
      3.5
      2.5

You'll have the wedding of your dreams, but you'd better get your pocketbook ready!

The staff at TBT is incredible and totally takes all (well, most) of the stress off of the bride. I worried about absolutely nothing during the actual wedding and reception. The food was amazing and the venue/decor was stunning. They have just about everything you could ask for, and if they don't have it, they will probably get it for you.

The only negative is that everything is expensive and there are lots of "service charges" and "requirements" that really, really add up. That being said, I would do it all over again and wouldn't change a thing, so i guess you get what you pay for, right?

Specifically, my wedding coordinator with TBT, Bailee, truly made the difference in my experience. Her knowledge, insight, and direction were absolutely invaluable in he planning process. Her fee was probably the only thing we paid for that we felt was severely undervalued. I literally couldn't have made it through wedding planning without her.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Beth · Married on 01/02/2016

3.0

The Bell Tower is a beautiful venue & I am so pleased that we decided to have our reception there. My biggest issues were that they basically refuse to negotiate and they very much nickel and dime you. Everything you ask for or do has to be approved through the owner and he isn't always the most professional person to work with. The tables and [beautiful] chairs are included, but you have to rent everything else. This includes plates, silverware, bars, bar shelves. That part of it continued to get frustrating.

However, my Event Specialist did an amazing job and she truly took care of all set up for the wedding. She also came to the venue an hour early so we could get started on hair and make up--that alone saved me a ton of stress. The wedding was absolutely perfect and the staff had a lot to do with that. Even though it wasn't always easy working with the owner, the event overall was amazing. Thank you!

Sent on 01/12/2016

marissa · Married on 09/15/2018

3.4
      2.0

Still bothered 4 months later

We’ve waited two months to write this review because we knew it would be harsh. (Now 4 months later I’m getting the courage to post). It’s probably normal to look back and thing of the things that went wrong but they’re driving me crazy.
    We keep hearing from our wedding guest things that went wrong and they are piling up. I am going to include what we paid for some things because I think it’s important. If you use this vendor, you should know you need minimum $50k all in for what WE would consider a great wedding (and not what infinity events considers a great wedding). They will tell you that $30k is a very healthy budget for a very nice wedding (however their version of a very nice wedding was clearly different than ours). EVERY single thing at this place is A-LA-CARTE.

We came into our original meeting letting them know that we had an all-in budget of $50k. We will spend 30k with the venue and that gives me $20k to spend on flowers, photography, band, etc. They told us NO PROBLEM that is an extremely healthy budget and you can have a very nice wedding with that. Apparently they didn’t think an extremely nice wedding included appetizers or any real decorations. We ended up spending $40k with them. (granted some of that was due to our own addition of guests so our additional guests cost around $2k).

Beer, Wine, and Liquor:
    We spent $8,500 on a full open bar from 6:30 to 10:30.

Guests are telling us now that the BEER WAS WARM. This makes my blood boil. A company who prides themselves on catering and our beer was warm.
    Also, for the amount of money we paid for the bar, we assumed we would be able to pick out our own beers. NOPE, don’t assume anything with this company. They told us that was a different package (when originally we told them up front that we wanted the best bar package). So their response was that they basically give us an assortment of beer based on “what’s leftover from previous events.” Wow.

During the wedding we were having a great time so we wanted to extend the bar another 30 minutes, from 10 to 10:30. At around 9:50 they started packing up the bar so we asked them to use the credit card we had on file to have the bar extended 30 minutes. They basically kept packing up all their supplies (and it wasn’t even 10 oclock yet). Finally we found the wedding planner and she told them to stay open. 10:31 came around and I wanted one final drink…. They wouldn’t give it to me (the bride). Seriously?, great lasting impression.

Wedding Coordinator:
    We paid $1,000 for rehearsal and day-of coordinator (she came with the venue).

The rehearsal was an absolute joke. There was no instruction, and no help. We had purchased a stage to get married on thinking we could practice with it but it wasn’t at the rehearsal. They could have at least marked it off with tape or something so we could see how big it was. So we had no clue if the best man and maid of honor could fit up there with us. It was just a mess and honestly pointless.

The wedding started at 6. My family told us the coordinator had told everyone to wait to be seated (because our groomsmen were the ushers)… well that never happened the groomsmen never knew to do that because no one told them. So 5:55 rolls around and the family is still standing because they had no further instruction.

We accounted for 177 guests and there weren’t enough chairs. They told us the venue could fit 250 guests so please tell me why I was walking down the aisle and saw about 10 of my guests without chairs?????? (And even less than we accounted for showed up so imagine if everyone had shown up).

While we were downstairs waiting for the ceremony to start people started walking into our room trying to get into the venue!!! Because there was a sign on the front door telling them to use the side door!!! What?! This didn’t get fixed for like 15 minutes luckily my husband realized it.

While the groomsmen and bridesmaids were lined up and the ceremony was about to start, the coordinator came over to us and asked us if we wanted the aisle runner that we paid for to stay. Um… yes obviously that’s why we paid for it. She said it wasn’t secured to the ground and my dress might shuffle it around. This was literally 5 minutes before show time. My husband said yes we want it obvioulsly we paid for it. So I asked “can’t you just fix my dress if that happens?” And she did. Easy fix…. We were confused and having that conversation for no reason… not something I want to be thinking about 5 minutes before my vows.

No one reminded me to put my $210 veil on before the ceremony. There were 2 coordinators there and one even walked my dad and I upstairs. I got married while my veil sat downstairs.

We had a memorial table during our ceremony that was supposed to be taken away during the reception but it was never taken away.

We were under the impression that the coordinator would sort of be shadowing us all night, but we could rarely find her throughout the ceremony and reception. I specifically remember asking where she was about 5 times.

Another huge thing that bothers me to this day…
    I made two bathroom “amenity baskets” for the men and women’s restrooms. I bought two baskets as well as around $100 of items to put inside. The items were: bobby pins, safety pins, band aids, hair spray, deodorant, tampons, dry shampoo, tide-to-go pens, advil, breath mints, etc. At the end of the night these things never made it back with the other inventory and when I emailed about it she told me “They probably got thrown out.” Umm.. no one would throw out good stuff like that… someone definitely kept it all.
    My bridal bouquet also never made it home with me.

What you pay for here is the venue. It’s a gorgeous venue that people raved about. In the end it was a beautiful wedding that I put countless hours and a sickening amount of money into, lol. The venue is beautiful but I don’t regret spending $1000 on string lights and $6,500 on flowers to really make the venue was it was supposed to be. If you don’t spend money on décor, the venue can look very “bare.” We are completely aware that many things go wrong on a wedding day, we aren’t irrational. We just feel for the money and the headache we went through getting the numbers right and realizing our idea of a “very nice wedding” was not the same as their idea of a “very nice wedding.”
    It’s completely unacceptable that our beer was warm, and I feel we should be compensated for that, as well as my “trashed” bathroom baskets. The other things are irreversible.

So before you book, just know that everything is a la carte.
    There is a lovely bridal room downstairs to get ready in, however it’s $1,000 to utilize and no outside alcohol is permitted. But they will charge you $45 for a case of bud light and $75 for a bottle of champagne. $1,000 for string lights or chandelier that they already own. $600 for a stage. Around $600 MORE to pick your own selection of beers. A/C is $1,750 for the patio. Stage for the band was around $1,000.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Marissa,

While we value and appreciate any feedback, we must say we stand by our statement that a $30,000 budget is a healthy one. According to WeddingWire’s 2019 Newlywed Report, the average cost of a wedding ceremony and reception in America is $29,900. Every individual has a different idea of what makes a great wedding. It is our belief that regardless of budget size, everyone can and should have a beautiful wedding. We encourage couples to prioritize what’s most important to them and that is one of the reasons we don’t have cookie cutter packages. Flowers might be a must-have for one couple, but there are also couples who don’t want flowers at all. So we must disagree that you can’t have a nice wedding at The Bell Tower unless your budget is $50,000 or above.

Our goal is always to be as transparent as possible. We do not offer packages like many other venues in order to allow complete customization of your event. Similar to “a la carte,” we provide each client with a custom proposal to ensure that every aspect is tailored to your specific wants and needs. It also allows you to see a detailed breakdown of the costs.

We absolutely understand the frustrations that can arise throughout the planning process and genuinely strive to accommodate and adapt. We have since made changes to clarify further what is included in our venue rental rates and what is not. Event planning and coordination services are now included in the cost of the venue, as well as a handful of other changes to eliminate some of those items you've mentioned.

As for the warm beer, we’re sincerely sorry that the bartending services did not meet your expectations. Under no circumstances should the beer we serve ever be warm, and we regret that some of your guests got a warm beer.

We want to assure you that we do listen thoughtfully to feedback and are constantly trying to improve. We truly hope that if anyone has questions or concerns regarding this review, you contact us at sales@infinityhospitality.net.

2.4
      2.5

I just had my wedding here a few weeks ago. The venue was beautiful and McClain, the coordinator, was very helpful. HOWEVER, they charge for EVERYTHING. Literally. Including $100 for a podium rental so we could have someone read a bible verse during our ceremony. They will suck every last penny they can out of you. If you have an extremely large budget, it will be great. If you don't, prepare yourself.

Sent on 11/17/2015