The Bedford Village Inn Reviews

The Bedford Village Inn 5
The Bedford Village Inn 6

Samantha Mclarney · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect Day

Two of the most important criteria we had for our wedding venue were that it had to be beautiful and it had to have great food but BVI exceeded every expectation and made our wedding day more perfect than we ever could have imagined.
    We had the pleasure of working with Nicolette. She was extremely professional, always responded in a very timely manner, and was just so kind. She was an overall pleasure to work with and made the wedding planning process a lot less stressful because she was so knowledgeable and organized.
    The staff at BVI really went above and beyond to make our day perfect and so memorable. The reception was beautifully set up and our bridal attendant Kelly was so attentive to our every need.
    All of our guests are still telling us that they had a blast, the venue was amazing, and that the food was delicious. The accommodations in the Inn and at the Grand were so beautiful and had a ton of small little details that are still talked about by our guests. We couldn’t be happier with our experience! Thank you so much for making our day amazing!

Alison · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue @ The Grand

We had the pleasure of working with Nicolette for our wedding. She was professional, kind & a pleasure to work with. She was quick to respond to all of our questions & was very flexible. We hosted our ceremony & reception at the Grand, what a beautiful backdrop to our special day. The staff was very accommodating the day of the event as well. It had rained all day long up until about 1 hour prior to the ceremony start time. The staff made sure we had our ceremony & cocktail hour outdoors as we had wished for even though it was a bit chilly for mid-October! Everything was setup just how we had asked (this was hard for me as we can be control freaks!) & everything looked beautiful. Our day of manager & bridal attendant were checking on us the entire evening seeing if we needed anything at all, they didn't miss a beat.
    The room accommodations were absolutely perfect as well, we had the Grand Suite for two nights. All of our guests were staying from out of town & raved about this place & how beautiful it is. We would highly recommend it to anyone looking to spend a night or host a special event.
    THANK YOU, BVI STAFF!

• Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing Experience!

We had our wedding on September 28, 2018 at the Bedford Village Inn and it truly was the most amazing night of our lives, largely due to the effort by the BVI and their wonderful staff. From the very first tour, I was extremely impressed by the level of service, attention to detail and work the BVI was willing to put in to make your wedding exactly what we had in mind. Nicolette was our wedding coordinator throughout the planning process and she is absolutely incredible. We happened to be getting married the same weekend as her so we had some help from other staff members during the event (all of this we knew far in advance) and no one missed a beat. They set up absolutely everything, were attentive to us throughout the weekend, and made the event a night we will never, ever forget. They completely managed the event for us from a coordination standpoint, but even the little things stood out to us like giving us champagne as soon as we walked down the aisle after our ceremony, following us around with appetizers during the cocktail hour, gathering my bouquet and our cake topper and placing them in our room so we wouldn't forget them. On top of everything, we received and are still receiving compliments about how gorgeous the venue was and how wonderful the food was. I can't say enough about this wonderful venue and their staff. You will not regret booking with them, and the icing on the cake is that you can always go back to stay and celebrate your anniversary! Thank you for everything Nicolette and BVI Staff!!

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/03/2018

The Bedford Village Inn and team are absolutely amazing! Worth every penny! All staff were nice, professional, and so helpful during and leading up to my wedding. We had the pleasure of working with Nicolette and she was so sweet, helpful, and knowledgable. The day of my wedding it ended up raining which was pretty upsetting to me. However, the staff at BVI are such pros that transitioning to indoors was seamless, quick, and still beautiful. We also had the pleasure of working with Shannon and Ashley the day of the wedding who helped the day go smoothly as well. They also added some details that made for sweet and lasting memories :)

• I

Ifeolu · Married on 07/01/2018

We wish we could give The Bedford Village Inn (BVI) more stars! My husband and I got married on July 1st 2018 and the staff at the BVI made us feel so well taken care of on our wedding day! We knew we were in the best of hands which allowed us to relax and enjoy the day with our family and friends. We could not have planned our wedding without Melissa Samaras!!! She was a complete godsend: patient (no question was ever too small), accessible (always made herself available and was quick to respond), flexible (went the extra mile to make sure our needs were met), knowledgeable (provided great guidance as we planned our multicultural wedding), professional (great at her job and a complete pleasure to work with)! Planning a wedding can be hard work and Melissa was incredibly helpful over the almost 10 months of planning. The venue itself is beautiful and the grounds and rooms are well taken care of. The BVI was the perfect choice for us and our wedding day really exceeded our expectations. We are so appreciative of the support of the entire BVI staff!

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2018

We had our wedding at the BVI on June 3, 2018. It couldn’t have been more perfect. Brianna George and Nicolette Spehar were both absolutely amazing to work with. They were wonderful from the start beginning with our tour of the venue, to our food tasting, to our final detail meetings and to our wedding! They were so professional, helpful, organized and genuinely happy to help plan our wedding day. Brianna was so thoughtful and attentive throughout the entire process. Nicolette even came to see me walk down the aisle on her day off. She was so calming right before I walked down the aisle! The venue is beautiful. The wait staff and bridal attendant Sarah were fabulous and so attentive. Give all these ladies a raise, they deserve it! Thank you to the BVI, Brianna, Nicolette and Sarah! Also Diane in group bookings was wonderful to work with. She deserves a raise too! We can’t wait to return to spend the night for our wedding anniversary, hopefully even sooner!

Lauren · Married on 02/17/2018

We had our perfect winter wedding at the Bedford Village Inn and we loved every second of our entire weekend! From the first time we visited the venue, my husband and I fell in love with the space and the possibility of having all of our friends and family able to stay onsite with us to truly enjoy time together. We also loved the idea of being able to visit our wedding venue time and time again after our event was over. The food is incredible, the amenities are new and fresh and the location is easy to get to. The Great Hall was naturally cozy with almost no need to further decorate and the staff was so flexible, responsive and helpful right from the start. Nicolette was amazing with keeping track of all our details and requests and executed everything perfectly on the day of our wedding. I had been so worried leading up to the big day about who I could get to set up the extra decor that I wanted around the room but Nicolette assured me at our detail appointment that they would take care of everything and they did just that! The room looked exactly as I pictured it and even better! My guests raved about the food, the space, the fireplace outside, the ease of access to hotel rooms and shuttles, and the perfect winter snow fall to cap off the night! Our day of attendant, Kelly and day of coordinator, Shannon, didn't miss a beat and despite meeting them for the first time the day before the wedding, they were clearly up to speed with the details of our event and made the entire day run so smoothly! Thank you to Nicolette, Shannon, Kelly and the entire BVI team! We couldn't be more pleased with how our wedding came together. We can't wait to visit soon and relive the best weekend ever!

The Bedford Village Inn 7
    The Bedford Village Inn 8
    The Bedford Village Inn 9
    The Bedford Village Inn 10
    The Bedford Village Inn 11
    The Bedford Village Inn 12

Kerry · Married on 10/21/2017

I can't say enough about Melissa and the whole team at BVI. The venue is truly gorgeous with such attention to detail, but the professionalism and service is what sets this venue apart from others in the area. They were always quick to respond to my emails, and then went above and beyond on the wedding day to make sure my husband and I and our friends and families had an unforgettable experience. BVI is amazing and we were truly lucky to have our wedding at this stunning place!

Paul · Married on 10/08/2017

Staff for planning and on site staff were fabulous. This was the third wedding I was involved in planning and the Bedford Village Inn was hands down the best venue I have experienced.

Hilary · Married on 09/29/2017

The Bedford Village Inn Was the perfect place for our special day. Melissa took over for Megan while planning our wedding and she didn't miss a beat. She was super organized and very responsive to emails. Our day of coordinator McKenzie and our banquet attendant Kelly were awesome, and didn't miss a beat. We couldn't of asked for a better day. Our guests loved the food, venue, and service. Thank you to all the BVI staff!

Alyssa · Married on 06/30/2017

Bedford Village Inn was an incredible venue for our wedding. We first fell in love with the bestro-lit garden and the white birch interior. It helped us set the perfect vibe for our event, an elegant and chic wedding. We also fell in love with the food. Our guests are still talking about how delicious everything was, especially the mini lobster tacos!
    As the bride I was happy to have such a responsive and knowledgable venue. They were able to accommodate everything I asked for including the guests rooms. BVI having gorgeous adjacent hotel rooms was perfect for our parents, wedding party, family and friends.
    The wedding went off without a glitch which was in large part to our amazing attendant Kelly. She was there with water, drinks, food, anything we wanted. And not only for us but for our entire 14 person wedding party. She was absolutely incredible and we can't thank her enough for all of her help.
    We strongly recommend anyone looking for updated version of a barn wedding to visit Bedford Village Inn!

Gina · Married on 06/16/2017

Bedford Village Inn...this place was FABULOUS! I was privileged to work with Nicolette for my rehearsal dinner and the food was OUTSTANDING. We had their pass h’orderves and seated dinner meal. They were even accommodating enough to let us arrive an hour late since our wedding rehearsal ran later than expected.

The food was beyond delicious, the overlook room was incredible and the staff was exceptional. The team we worked with carried their weight and went above and beyond for their duties. They were such a stunning team to work with and I was so happy with the rehearsal dinner. It was a great springboard for our wedding weekend!

Sincerely,

Gina Crane

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2017

We loved Bedford Village Inn but knew we wanted to have a more intimate wedding - luckily they have The Overlook Room! This was an excellent option for the whole BVI experience without having to shell out $20,000 for a wedding there!

We described the venue to our friends and families as a "fancy dinner party"- we were able to still have a first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dance, plus cocktail hour and an amazing plated dinner! The staff there still made us feel like the most important people of the day and accommodated every request/timeline that we had. I would highly recommend BVI!

Christine · Married on 05/13/2017

The Bedford Village Inn was everything and more! From the planning stages to after the event, every interaction with the staff exceeded expectations! We got married May 13th in the garden and had the most incredible reception in the Great Hall. I would recommend this place to anyone! I might be biased, but hands down the wedding to beat! They made planning easy and answered every question I had quickly. With the addition of the Grand rooms right there on site, my guests couldn't have had a more relaxing and enjoyable evening with the convenience and ease of it all! Get married here - you won't regret it!

Jacquelyn · Married on 04/01/2017

Our experience at the Bedford Village Inn was absolutely wonderful. Megan was so responsive, professional, helpful, and kind. They do so many weddings and she made the experience feel very personal. The food was incredible, we hosted our rehearsal dinner in the Overlook Room as well. We met our guests afterwards in the lounge of the Grand, and after the wedding we ordered pizzas to the Milk Room and had an informal after party. It was really nice having so many spaces on the property to use for different small events. Our guests loved being able to stay on the property, and the service both for us and for our guests was perfect. They are upfront with their pricing and there are no hidden "extras" as many venues tend to have - my favorite response was "that's included!" to so many of my questions. Their off-season "signature" menu discount helped curb some costs and we did not feel like we missed out on anything. The space is gorgeous and does not need many additional decorations. It snowed two feet on our wedding day on April 1 and the venue did everything they could to accommodate and calm our nerves, including setting up the winter fire pit. They do set up and break down of decor and deliver welcome bags to rooms, there is not much that you need to do after dropping off decorations a few days before. I highly recommend the Bedford Village Inn, we can't wait to go back to the restaurant for anniversary celebrations!

I don't even know where to begin. From the moment we pulled into the BVI parking lot I knew this was where we would get married and I hadn't even been inside yet and didn't even know how much it would cost! By far the best decision we made. Megan was so accommodating and responded quickly with any questions or concerns I had for the year leading up to the big day. Mackenzie was extremely attentive on my rehearsal and wedding nights. Samantha was my personal assistant all night long, she didn't miss a beat from making sure I always had a drink in my hand, insisted on helping me with my bustle, helped a few of my bridesmaids and my mother with fixing their hair or whatever it was they needed. The BVI exceeded my expectations by far. Their timing is on point, my guests couldn't believe how quick and seamless the meals came out and how beautiful the space was. We got married on New Year's Eve so the lights and holiday decor were still up and it truly was breath taking looking out the large glass windows into the courtyard in the winter (it even snowed!). If you are a type A bride and worry about everything, the BVI is a must! I had so much trust and faith in them I got to enjoy every single minute of my day and night with NO stress. I've been in a few weddings and there is always something that doesn't seem to go as planned, and everyone warns you that your wedding day might not go exactly as you envisioned but it will still be the best day of your life, so I was prepared for that...so when I say everything went EXACTLY how I envisioned it and MORE, it's an understatement. We are beyond thankful for the BVI and all their staff. They truly define excellence!!!

Sent on 01/18/2017

The Bedford Village Inn's reply:

Julie, It was our pleasure planning all the details with you in addition to being chosen as the venue to host such a beautiful reception. We cannot thank you enough for trusting in us to execute all of your plans. We wish you and John nothing but happiness, the Event Team and Staff at the Bedford Village Inn.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/06/2016

The Bedford Village Inn is phenomenal! Through the whole wedding planning process all the way up to the actual day they were accommodating, professional, and attentive to everything, I have a type A personality and the Bedford Village Inn really exceeded my expectations of a wedding venue. Melissa Samaras is who I worked with throughout the whole process and she was always very quick to answer emails and phone calls with any question I may have had no matter how small or silly. I never felt as though I was a bother when I was in touch many times throughout the day/week. When I was overwhlemed Melissa was very calming and understanding. On the actual wedding day the entire staff was so professional! They made sure everything was as planned and were very attentive in order to make the day perfect! The bridal attendant was such a sweetheart and really helped throughout the whole process. She even helped my sister bustle my dress (it was complicated)! The food was delicious. My guests were very happy! I can't say enough about how amazing this venue was! I absolutely love it!

Excellent venue that exudes romance, warmth and sophistication. The wedding coordinator and staff are very workable and experienced which makes for a smooth event. In addition to it all, our guests are still raving about the quality of the food- the restaurant is highly regarded and the meal was delicious.

If I could rate the BVI higher, I would! I've known about the BVI for years as I lived in Bedford 20 years ago and my memories of it were not exaggerated. We are a mature couple and this was a second marriage. We wanted a simple ceremony with dinner and dancing in an elegant venue. Our goal was to celebrate our wedding with family and friends. Our wedding at the BVI exceeded our expectations! The staff is phenomenal! Our wedding planner, Megan Lawrence, does an amazing job. She is highly organized, thought of all the details before I did, and was highly responsive to our desires and budget. Her email response rate is practically in nanoseconds! ;) Our wedding day coordinator, Jennifer managed the timeline of events and everything else beautifully. I was completely stress-less regarding the wedding as Megan & Jennifer took care of all the details. They made having a wedding totally enjoyable. All of the staff were wonderful and Maria did a lovely job bartending. The food was delicious (much better than most food that I've had at weddings). We went with the open bar package and the wine and drinks were great. We were 85 people/10 tables and I was afraid we would be dwarfed by the hall but that wasn't the case. The hall/barn was decorated beautifully with Xmas trees hanging from the rafters, lots of Xmas greenery and dazzling lights. The view and reflection of the lights in the outside courtyard were breathtaking, especially during the ceremony. Every guest commented on the beauty of the setting and how much they enjoyed the wedding. One guest posted on Facebook; "Best, Wedding. Ever!" Which is how I felt but, I was the bride. ;)

My husband and I had the most amazing wedding at the Bedford Village Inn! The staff were all so nice, helpful, and professional from the planning process to the day itself - we didn't have to worry about a thing that day! We worked with Megan Lawrence throughout the whole process and she was wonderful. The Great Hall is a beautiful place for a reception and we got so many comments from friends and family saying what a great venue it was. We rented the Woodbury Cottage and the Summit/Gordon Suites and were able to have about 35 guests stay right at the venue which was so convenient for everyone. The BVI was everything we were looking for in a wedding venue and we would not have changed a thing! Highly recommended!

Paul · Married on 10/02/2015

Our son and his wife chose the BVI for their wedding reception. The event was superb from start to finish. Jen and her staff worked flawlessly to ensure a successful evening. Dinner was excellent, as was all the festivities!

• KellySD

Kelly · Married on 09/12/2015

It was so important to us to choose a venue that reflected our us as a couple, and we really hit the jackpot with the Bedford Village Inn. First of all, it's absolutely gorgeous and elegant while still feeling cozy and charming. Our guests were blown away by how beautiful it is. On top of that, the staff is incredibly professional and helpful in every way. We worked primarily with Melissa Q. leading up to the wedding and she was always professional and prompt in her responses, and patient with my numerous emails and requests. We worked with Jen during the rehearsal and day of the ceremony, and she made sure everything ran perfectly while ensuring that we all felt comfortable and well-informed about what to expect. She really is a rockstar and quickly felt like a good friend. I'm super Type-A when it comes to stuff like planning events (especially my own wedding!) so it's hard for me to trust others to bring my visions to life, but the whole BVI staff really put me at ease and pulled everything together more beautiful than I ever could have hoped for. Not to mention the food is absolutely incredible and our guests are still raving about it. We really felt pampered from the rehearsal to the post-wedding brunch and we are so incredibly happy that we chose the BVI to host our wedding. They really have assembled an amazing team who simply "get it" when it comes to weddings and hospitality.

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2015

The staff at the Bedford Village Inn were nothing less than exceptional. Our wedding coordinator, Melissa went out of her way to help us with all of our planning. She made it a breeze. All of the staff were very helpful and professional. We felt like we were the only ones that had ever had a wedding there. Our guests would agree with us that the food was excellent. The venue itself is beautiful and magical. I will always recommend The Bedford Village Inn to anyone looking to have an intimate and fun wedding!

I've always loved this venue since I was a kid and considered it for a reception venue but I went for the more rustic mountain venue instead of the inn/manor one. My fiance ended up selecting it for our rehearsal dinner. We were in the overlook room with 35 people. It was a cozy and rich room. The artwork and feel of the restaurant/dinning room areas are incredible, ornate but not tacky. The staff was pleasant and everywhere they were needed to be. They allowed us to run the evening as we decided and accommodated all of our schedule and eating needs. Wines were delicious. The clam chowder was the best I've ever had. very spicy and peppery! Dinner was overall good but the star of the evening was the chocolate bag dessert. words can't even describe the size and tastiness! I only ate half and cried because I couldn't finish it. This is not a tiny dessert... one could feed 6 people! But you get it all to yourself! so yummy!