The Destin Bay House. Reviews

82 | Destin, FL

82 Reviews for The Destin Bay House.

The Destin Bay House. 1
The Destin Bay House. 6
The Destin Bay House. 7

Patricia Hardiman · Getting married on 09/05/2020

Amazing May Wedding!

Most beautiful setting in Destin to host a wedding! My daughter got married there earlier this month and not only was the venue beautiful, but also the service and attention to detail was amazing. Even when a crazy pop-up rain storm happened, Erin and team jumped into plan B and made this MOB's night. It was such a happy time. Thank you!
    PS. Having the Cottages by the Bay across the street for our guests was such a bonus! Everyone loved them!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 04/19/2019

Destin Bay House

Thank you to Erin and the Destin Bay House for providing an amazing location and service for our wedding day! Everything was perfect, and they accommodated when the weather wouldn't! Perfect location for outdoor wedding

Sent on 07/03/2019

Megan · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Venue

Erin was our DOC, she was absolutely amazing to work with. She made sure my husband and I had everything we needed for our big day. We wanted a beach wedding, but we also wanted a wedding on the bay and this venue goes BEYOND expectations. We would recommend The Bay House to all of our friends!

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Cathy

Cathy Toth · Married on 09/29/2018

A MAGICAL evening...

Wow. As the "mom of the groom", I cannot say enough when it comes to our experience at Destin Bay House. God was good to us with the weather, which materialized into an absolutely MAGICAL evening under the stars... An absolutely GORGEOUS setting - Huge trees lined with strings of white lights, cobblestone walkways and and a little grassy lawn lined with Farmhouse benches, overlooking the bay, for the actual ceremony. The sunset pics on the pier... Breathtaking! It was a beautiful event, and Erin is very calm and a "go with the flow" kinda gal - So I found her very easy to work with. Big thumbs up from me!!! xo

Sent on 10/18/2018

Kelly Burrell · Married on 09/22/2018

Incredible!!

Erin at Destin Bay House is wonderful to work with! She’s professional, quick to respond, EASY to work with and made us feel very comfortable when planning a destination wedding. The venue is beautiful. It has so much natural beauty with the greenery and bay. I highly recommend making a visit because the atmosphere can not be felt through photos.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    The Destin Bay House. 8
    The Destin Bay House. 9

Steffany · Married on 08/01/2018

What a beautiful place for a wedding! Very accommodating and easy to work with! Erin’s great!!!!!! I would lightly recommend the Bay House!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    The Destin Bay House. 10

Ryan · Married on 06/02/2018

Erin was a joy to work with from the very beginning and is an absolute pro when it comes to hosting a wedding. We got the opportunity to see them reimagine and renovate the cottages across the street and we couldn't believe the transformation. The team at the bay house really has a talent for making people feel welcome and facilitating a good time. The dock was a beautiful place for pictures and even allowed us to make our escape on a boat! It was amazing and everything about the bay house was so us. We had the ceremony on the lawn by the water and the reception on the patio and in the house. We couldn't imagine celebrating anywhere else.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Jen · Married on 04/07/2018

When visiting The Bay House last November, I fell in love with this venue and stopped seriously looking at other options immediately. From the fresh, clean indoor space, to the outdoor fire pit and pier, this venue was the perfect fit to bring our families together from three different states to meet and celebrate. After our wedding earlier this month, I can say that our reception was everything we had hoped it would be and our family and friends guests loved the experience. Even though our day was overcast, the day was more than we could have hoped for and a special memory for us and our families.

I also cannot say enough how great and professional Erin was to work with throughout the coordination. With work and not living in Destin, it was difficult planning a destination wedding but all of the suggested vendors, timeline, set-up, etc. were perfect.

Thank you so much for such a truly wonderful experience! Jen

Sent on 04/19/2018

Devon · Married on 10/28/2017

The Bay House will always hold a special place in our hearts! My wife and I have grown up locally in the area and knew early on in the planning process for our wedding that it would be tough to beat this venue. With its unique charm and all of the amenities included, it is the perfect setting for anyone's special day. In addition to having the perfect bay front location as the backdrop for the ceremony, the venue has so much character with it's well crafted landscaping details full of greenery, beautiful flower beds and paved walkways on site. There is also plenty of natural shade courtesy of the tall oak trees surrounding the property as well. With the stringed lighting and multiple "lounge" spaces on the backside of the venue including a fire pit setting, anyone would be satisfied with the ambience created here. I could go on and on about several other details that really separate the Bay House from other venue options in the Destin area, but I'll let Erin, the Bay House coordinator/manager, fill you in! She is absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to work with as the venue/"day of" coordinator. I can not say enough good things about her professionalism, communication and willingness to accommodate us for our special day. From the planning of details early on up until the rehearsal/wedding day festivities, she was readily available and there to help us with whatever we needed.

We love the Bay House! And now that the owners have recently added their new "Cottages By the Bay" and many other amenities on site, your event experience will be enhanced that much more. Just writing this review makes us want to experience the magic of the Bay House all over again!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/22/2017

The Destin Bay House is absolutely most beautiful venue I have ever seen. The ceremony overlooks the bay so it still has a beachy-feel without the random strangers walking by. There is also a super cute bridal cottage where all the girls spent the morning getting ready. It was perfect for what we needed to relax and get ready. We also hired Erin to be our day of coordinator and she was absolutely fantastic! I could not have gotten through the day without her. She takes care of all the details so you don't have to worry about anything! She was on it, even when it started to rain during the reception, she quickly took action to move the party inside. It was a seamless transition. I couldn't have imagined the day going any better. She is prepared for everything and anything. Erin's thoughtful and calm demeanor allowed everyone to relax and enjoy the day. I highly recommend Erin and the Destin Bay House!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Erica · Married on 10/15/2017

We LOVED the Bay House. We came all the way from Ohio to have our wedding here and we couldn't have dreamed of a better place. Erin was so accommodating from the first time we spoke with her, all the way to the day of our wedding. The atmosphere at the Destin Bay House is incredibly calm, peaceful, beautiful, and laid back. We didn't have a big wedding and weren't looking for anything uppity. Our friends and family raved about the setting, the scenery, and the whole experience. This is the place to get married in Destin! We can't thank Erin and her staff enough for helping our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Ginger · Married on 06/13/2017

I can't say enough about the Destin Bay House! I highly recommend this venue for your wedding. It is breathtaking and Erin is amazing!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Abbey · Married on 06/09/2017

Stunning views! We saw a lot of different venues while looking in Destin, but nothing compares to Destin Bay House. Erin is great and the property is intimate & beautiful. I wish we could get married there all over again! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Donann · Married on 04/29/2017

The Bay House is so beautiful and I'm so glad that I chose to have my ceremony and reception here!!!! We used Erin as our coordinator and I loved her, she was on top of everything and was really nice! She makes the Bay House extrordinary! The amenities that come with booking this venue beat any venue in Destin!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Allison · Married on 10/02/2016

Absolute BEST. Cannot say good enough things about The Bay House. Stunning scenery, beautiful venue inside and out. The little touches like the candelabras and stained barn doors just make this place the most elegant yet homey location. Erin was wonderful and we'll definitely be coming back for a reunion!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Amber · Married on 09/04/2016

We got married at the Destin Bay House on 10/16/16. Everything was gorgeous and perfect. The venue is a dream location. Erin was easy to contact and communicate with you. I encourage anyone that is getting married in Destin to check out this venue.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Megan · Married on 06/20/2016

Amazing!!! So happy we choose The Destin Bay House for our wedding. The venue is absolutely beautiful and Erin is awesome!! Everyone had a blast and loves everything about it. We highly recommend getting married at the Destin Bay House!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Baumgardner · Married on 06/20/2016

The Destin Bay House is an amazing venue for a wedding or any other event. My daughter chose the venue as she now lives in the area. Many people traveled from Ohio and other states for this wedding and none were disappointed. It is an amazing and unforgettable setting. The venue creates an amazing atmosphere that will last a life time. Erin is very professional and make it all happen with ease. Believe me if she can put up with me she is amazing. I am like Jack Burns on Meet the Parents. We are very lucky to have chosen The Destin Bay house as it was definitely one of the best weddings ever. We had many guests tell us this was the best wedding they had ever attended. We all want to thank Erin for making the wedding a spectacular event.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Margot · Married on 05/14/2016

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue in the Destin Bay House. The setting is gorgeous, simple and elegant and the view of the bay is stunning. Erin was so helpful, thoughtful and patient while working with us to plan our wedding and a total pro the day of the wedding. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful the location was and how much fun they had!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Amanda · Married on 03/19/2016

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Destin Bay House and it was by far the most perfect location. We were worried about rain and we were able to last minute add a tent (even though it didn't rain at all). Erin was our day of coordinator and was so helpful, she made everything go flawless. As a bride you know there will be something you stress about day off and I have to say there was nothing. She coordinated with all the other vendors the times and made sure everyone knew where to go and what do to. Erin helped the whole evening run smooth and make sure the DJ knew when to start things. Having so much included already in the venue such as tables, benches, linens, arch, shepherds hooks and more made planning the wedding so much easier. This location was perfect for the outdoor and indoor location I dreamed of.

Sent on 06/13/2016

kimberlee · Married on 10/23/2015

We are still preparing for our wedding, but so far we are very impressed. Erin has handled everything professionally and with a quickness. This is the most beautiful spot and great value compared to what else we compared this one to. It includes so much and costs less!

Sent on 10/09/2014

I would hire Erin at Destin Bay House to make all the decisions in my life if I could. She was so awesome. I'm sure everything didn't go as smoothly behind the scenes as I felt it did but she rocked it and made my wedding day stress free. If you use them you need to use their vendors. This lady knows what she is talking about. Trust her. She saved my wedding day by help finding me a new makeup artist the day before the wedding because the one I had lined up made me look like a clown.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Erin was wonderful to work with! The Destin Bay House is a gorgeous venue & the perfect fit for our wedding! Erin handled all the aspects of day-of-coordinating which really helped take a huge load off of my mind so I could enjoy the day & focus on the important details! She handled any issues that came up day of. I had no idea if anything was wrong at all! She collaborated with my other vendors & we set up a timeline that she helped me stick to throughout the night. She even made sure my husband & I had food & champagne at dinner time! She orchestrated every event to make sure everything ran smoothly. Our wedding was perfect from start to finish & we appreciate everything that Erin did to make sure all went as planned!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

My now husband and I were married here this summer and we couldn’t imagine a more perfect moment. Erin was a huge help in planning our destination wedding. She was always easy to get a hold of, gave great recommendations, and really got to know us as a couple to make sure our day represented us.

One of the best features about the Bay House is the privacy and scenery! Here you have the best view of the sunset, and you never have to worry about onlookers being in the background of your photographs. From the dock, paver stone aisle, lighting, and fire pit, to the white wooden chairs, wood floors, chandeliers, and bridal cottage, the list of beautiful amenities is so expansive you’ll have a hard time deciding if you want to be outside or inside. We would recommend this place 100 times over, and look forward to coming back to visit!

Sent on 10/06/2015