The Barns at Wesleyan Hills Reviews

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 4
The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 5
The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 6
The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 7

We absolutely loved our experience at The Barns!! Mary Beth and Jenna were absolutely amazing to work with. We received so many compliments on the food and the day as a whole!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Hi Katelyn and Taylor!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy I was with you guys as you celebrate your special day- you guys are absolutely amazing and were such a pleasure to work with!

Vanessa · Married on 07/30/2016

Once we saw The Barns we knew it was the perfect choice for our wedding! Not only do you get to get married on their beautiful grounds and have an amazing farm-to-table meal, but you also get help throughout the entire planning process from their phenomenal staff!! The day of our wedding there was a possibility of rain, the staff set up for the ceremony inside and outside just incase & thanks to an amazing team getting our guests seated quickly we were able to get married outside, with thunder overhead! Lindsay was our day of coordinator and I can't say enough amazing things about her. She kept everything going smoothly the day of making the day completely flawless! I can't thank them enough for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Vanessa & Adam,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I had such a wonderful time working with you both, and I am thrilled that we were able to beat out the storm so you could get married outside near the willows. I absolutely adored your table names (the places you've visited) and the postcard on every table telling your guests about your adventures! It was such a personal and special touch that I know everyone enjoyed, along with your home made cookie favors! Yum! I wish you love, laughter and many more fun places to explore in your future together! Congratulations!
    Lindsay

Niki · Married on 07/29/2016

The staff at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills made our dream wedding come true! Throughout the planning process they were extremely responsive. They answered every question I had quickly and they made the planning process feel easy. Jenna was our day of coordinator and she was amazing! She completely got my vision for the day, and she pulled it off flawlessly. Every detail was perfect, and it was because of her hard work! She kept us on track for the day, and she was extremely responsive to our needs. She made sure we had food and drinks all night, especially while we were busy greeting guests and taking pictures!

The venue is gorgeous. They had many different decor options for us to choose from, and the new middle barn is beautiful! The food is amazing, and our guests are still raving about how good everything was! I'm so glad that we chose a venue where so many things were included (tables, chairs, linens, food, etc.). This made our planning process easy, with far fewer vendors to coordinate with. Our day was perfect, and it was because we chose the Barns at Wesleyan Hills as our venue!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Niki!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I absolutely loved being your day-of coordinator! Your organic style was so much fun to work with- and decorate with!! Can't wait to see more photos! - Jenna

Katelynn · Married on 07/24/2016

We couldn't have been MORE happy with our wedding at the Barn's - from the gorgeous grounds, to the new cocktail hour space, to the bridal suite and actual barn - Everything was STUNNING. The team set up everything perfectly as i had imagined. I walked into the reception room prior to our ceremony and just cried by myself because it was my vision executed with perfection. Our day of coordinator made our day extra special, we never had to seek out a drink or had to worry about what was coming next. She was always there for both my husband and I with a refill & kept the day running smoothly. It was magical.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Hi Katelynn and Ryan!
    I am so happy to have helped you with your "magical" day! You guys are absolutely amazing and were such a pleasure to work with! From all the small touches you could invision, to the visit from Petey the Truck- your day was a blast! Best of luck to you both!

Jenna McNamara

Lindsay · Married on 07/22/2016

The Barns team did an amazing job on our wedding day. Everything was set up perfectly to our vision. Jenna made sure all of our needs were met and most importantly made sure we ate our dinner! Our guests could not stop complimenting the venue and staff. I would not change a thing about the flow of our day.

Our wedding planning experience was effortless. CT wedding group was always one step ahead of us and made sure all of our ducks were in a row. They had an answer for everything and made sure I understood all of the details. The wedding planning process was a wonderful experience for us. From start to finish we were treated with much respect and consideration of our needs. We had total and complete confidence that CT wedding group would make our journey to marriage successful.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Hi Lindsay and Kyle!
    I am so happy to hear that your wedding along with the planning exceeded all your expectations! The two of you were such a pleasure to work with and so much fun! I absolutely loved your special touches, from the bridesmaid dance, to the the honey from your students - your wedding was absolutely amazing!

Jenna McNamara

Caillin · Married on 07/16/2016

Everything about The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and CT Wedding Group is beyond amazing! My husband and I cannot say enough great things about our day of coordinator, Jenna and the rest of the team! Jenna made sure that our vision not only came to life, but she brought it to a whole new level! She was always there to make sure that we had everything we needed, make sure that we had food, a drink, etc all night. Everything about The Barns at Wesleyan Hills is beautiful, the grounds, the barn, the new gorgeous middle barn, the food and presentation! More than one guest stated that it was the "best wedding they had ever been to". Thank you Jenna, Mary Beth and the rest of the team at The Barns for a day we won't ever forget!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Caillin and Matt!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy that your wedding exceeded all your expectations! You two are absolutely wonderful- and were such a pleasure to work with! Sincerely, Jenna

Meghan · Married on 07/09/2016

The Barns and CT Wedding Group was absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I, and our families, are still blown away by the quality of service we received throughout planning and on our big day! HIGHLY recommend!! We received numerous compliments from our guests about how great all the food was, the quality of the bar, and the overall appeal of the venue.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Meghan & Chris-

Congratulations!! It was such an absolute pleasure for Samantha and I to help you plan your beautiful wedding. Thank you so much for choosing The Barns and allowing me the chance to help you and your families celebrate. Congrats again, and we're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Mary-Beth

Lauren · Married on 06/26/2016

The Barns was amazing from start to finish. Our planning was virtually stress free with emails telling me what to focus on, and the kindness of staff anytime I had a question. Our day of coordinator was Lindsay and she was amazing! She paid attention to ever detail and we were able to enjoy our day with no worries. We are still recieving compliment after compliment about how wonderful or wedding was at the Barns. We could not have asked for a better experience! Thank you thank you thank you! !!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Hi Lauren!

Thank you for the wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to help celebrate yours and Domenick's big day! I'm so happy we were able to give you a worry free, beautiful day to celebrate! I wish you infinite years of love and happiness together. Thank you!
    -Lindsay

Emily · Married on 06/05/2016

It was raining on my wedding day so our ceremony had to be moved inside. Initially I was disappointed, however it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. They made my ceremony absolutely beautiful and perfect! I got tons of complements on my wedding and this beautiful venue. Jessica coordinated an amazing event and I'm so grateful to her and everyone at the Barns!

Sent on 06/18/2016

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Hi Emily, Thank you so very much for the kind words! It was an absolute pleasure to celebrate your big day with you and Brendan. We had a wonderful day with your friends and family, and your ceremony was absolutely beautiful in the Barn! It kept those gorgeous shoes dry :-) I wish you both all the very best for many more years of happiness together!
    -Jess

Barbara · Married on 05/21/2016

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was an amazing venue, and the CT Wedding Group was absolutely the best the work with. We live our of state, and booked our wedding a year and half in advance, and the wedding group was so easy to work with through emails, and we never felt forgotten even when our wedding was so far away. They also worked with us to schedule any in person meetings while we were in the area. Everyone that we dealt with was very professional, friendly, and efficient. If I emailed someone a random question and they were out of the office or couldn't get the answer right away they would send my question along to someone else so I wouldn't be waiting on an answer, it was great but really not necessary. Every aspect of wedding planning was made easier and more fun by dealing with the Wedding group from the initial meetings, emails about linens or my crazy ideas for the table layout in the barn, the delicious food tasting, and of course the amazing wedding day. Allie, our day of coordinator, was THE BEST. She worked with us on every detail of our day, we were pretty easy going and she used her experience and creativity to fill in any blanks. Starting that night and even to this day we keep getting compliments about how great the venue was. Everyone loved the food and decor/vibe of the place. A lot of people also commented on the professionalism and friendliness of the always-smiling staff at the Barns. I could go on and on....Everything was really absolutely amazing, and we wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 08/05/2016

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Barbara, thank you SO much for your kind words! Working with you was an absolute pleasure, I'm so happy we could make everything a breeze for you and give you the wedding you were hoping for!

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!!!!

Jaime · Married on 05/20/2016

AMAZING barn venue! Words can't express how wonderful our wedding day was at the barns! The CT Wedding Group staff is fantastic. Every aspect of the planning process, including multiple meetings, email communications, and the tasting were very well done. Ey were very responsive to emails, most of the time replying in minutes even late nights and weekends. The entire staff is professional and courteous. The food was great! So many options and we lived that we could try the food at the tasting! It was a fun night out. Guests still comment on how great the food was and it's almost 2 months later. The grounds were beautiful. We had our ceremony under the willow trees on the most perfect spring day. The barns worked very well with our vendors. They even added decor arundel the barns to give it that special touch. They also have many decor options. We chose the garden lights and Bistro lights to really highlight the natural barn wood look. Jenna was our day of coordinator and made our entire day run smoothly. She was also one step ahead knowing what needed to be done. She even bustled my dress! I couldn't be more happy with the barns. If you are looking for a rustic barn wedding, this is the perfect venue for you!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Jaime and Brett!
    It was such a pleasure to be apart of your amazing day! The personal touches that you incorporated into your wedding- like the custom cufflinks with photos of your puppy- really made your day special, and we were so thrilled to be a part of it! Best of luck to you!

Jenna

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2016

We had our wedding on 5/15/16 and it was truly a special day. The venue and grounds are beautiful, the food was amazing and the staff was out of this world. We had to plan it all from California (I'm from CT originally) and it was a non issue. This is a venue that does it all for you which was exactly what we needed. They made the wedding planning so much easier on us. We couldn't make the tasting and actually didn't even see the venue till after we put down a deposit. Word of mouth though told us how fantastic this place was and it would be right up my alley. Coming from so far we couldn't really bring much with us without having to ship a million things. The day of you would never have known! They had so many cute little things to fill up space and I mean the inside just plain by itself is beautiful.

Jenna was our day of coordinator and she really did a fantastic job. She was such a nice, down to earth women and genuinely made me feel like she cared and she was going to make my day the best it could be. She made everything run so smoothly and made sure my husband and I had everything and anything we needed, especially a drink in hand. I would recommend this place to anyone. If this is a example of how CT Wedding Group runs all of their venues I would recommend any one of their venues that might work for you. I wish I could go back and live the day all over. It really does go by so fast, so make sure you enjoy it and don't stress about the little stuff.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Hi Sarah and Matt!!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! You both were such a pleasure to work with- and absolutely hilarious!! We loved celebrating your day with you and loved your Christmas card even more!! Thank you for thinking of us!

Jenna
  • User6202262 · 2+ years ago

5 Star all around for this vendor!! If there's a question in your mind about having your wedding here, just do it!!! Food, service, decor were top notch and if you want to feel like king and queen for a day this is your place!
    From the beginning Mary Beth was so great to work with, she answered emails within minutes to all of my questions and concerns. There were things that came up that I wasn't sure of or that I wanted to add or take away or change and she completely understood my vision and ran with it to places I could only wish I could do on my own. Jenna was our day of coordinator and she was so great! From knowing what I wanted to drink and filling that up when I was done to making sure we were eating and doing alright throughout the night. The day of the wedding there was a chance of rain and Mary Beth, Jenna, and I were constantly checking in on the status and what would be the best course of action. They were so great in helping me make a decision on whether to have the ceremony inside or out and I'm so happy that I took their advice and had the short ceremony outside at the willow tree. I also got into a mis-hap with my dress and the bustle kept coming out, I was getting really frustrated but Jenna came to the rescue and secured it up with a few pins in seconds to make sure I was comfortable the rest of the night. Everyone that we came across either calling, visiting or emailing during the process had been so welcoming and helpful we cannot say enough good things about the people working there!
    The food, service, decor, bartenders, dessert, etc were beyond what we could have expected. People told us all of these things were amazing but I had no idea it would have been this great. Every person that attended our wedding said it was the best they've ever been to and The Barns made it the best. Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Steve and Laura-

Thank you for the amazing review! You two were incredible to work with, and I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations for your big day! Thank you for allowing myself, Mary-Beth, and the entire team at Connecticut Wedding Group to be apart of such a beautiful day - rain, mist, and all!

Krista · Married on 04/30/2016

Outstanding, beautiful and professional are just some of the words my husband and I would use to describe our wedding day experience with the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. We said our I Do’s on April 30, 2016 and it was truly the best day of our lives. Not only because it was our wedding day, but because the staff pleasure to work with and the venue is absolutely stunning.

From informative follow-up emails, to delicious tastings and being able to work with a day-of coordinator, our wedding planning with the CT Wedding Group was a delight. We were able to discuss all our wedding details with our day-of coordinator before the big day and ask as many questions (big or small) as we could! And trust me, there were lots of questions, all of which were quickly and helpfully answered.

When the big day came, it truly went off without a hitch and was absolute perfection. The decorations we provided/selected were beautifully displayed and seeing how wonderful it all came together was very exciting and emotional. Our guests also could not stop raving about the delicious food and helpful staff.

All in all, there are not enough words to describe how grateful we are to the CT Wedding Group for hosting our wedding and doing an incredible job! Everyone was so kind and helpful throughout the entire process. And after working with them for over two years (we booked very early), it felt like we were sharing our special day with all our friends.

If you’re looking for a unique, gorgeous wedding venue that will have your guests talking for years (no seriously, you’ll be setting the bar high) then look no further than the CT Wedding Group and the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It will be the best wedding decision you make!

Sent on 06/05/2016

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Krista, thank you so much for your feedback!! Your wedding was absolutely magical, we're all so so happy we were able to bring your vision to life for you! Congratulations again, to you and Matthew!

Allie Feitelson

Carly · Married on 04/22/2016

We got married at the Barns in April 2016. From the moment we picked the date until the moment we walked down the aisle, the planning team and staff made sure that our wedding and reception were seamlessly executed to perfection.
    Mary-Beth is hands down the sweetest, most professional and talented wedding coordinator. She helped us to create a magical day down to the smallest detail - there was not a single thing we asked for that was refused. The entire team is incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls, which made planning our wedding from NYC as stress-free and easy as possible. The grounds were groomed to perfection and looked lush despite the fact that it had flurried in CT just 10 days earlier. Every piece of decor was spot on with the vision we had in mind and laid out appropriately so that both barns looked decorated without being too bare or cluttered. The Chef and kitchen team also met with us personally and accommodated all of our menu requests and preferences, making for a meal that was representative of our tastes. Many guests commented that the wait staff and bartenders provided outstanding service - courses arrived promptly, dishes were cleared quickly, and custom drinks were meticulously crafted. And of course the Barn just speaks for itself... it is charming without feeling cramped and definitely gives off a warm and rustic vibe. We cannot thank the Barns staff and team enough for making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/16/2016

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Carly & Taylor - Thank you so much for your kind words! It was my absolute pleasure to help you plan and celebrate such an incredibly beautiful wedding. I wish you both the best in the future together! - Mary-Beth

Marilu · Married on 04/08/2016

CT Wedding Group and The Barns at Wesleyan Hills gave me the wedding I had envisioned. From the details, the food, to the service, everything was absolutely perfect. There is not one thing I would of changed, I couldn't be happier.

Our wedding coordinator, Allie Feitelson was amazing. Allie answered all my questions (very quickly if I may add), if I needed advice, help, anything, she was there for us. Allie has that personal touch that made the look of our wedding exactly what we wanted, warm, rustic, romantic and classic. The Barns is perfect and I can't say enough about the service. The food was delicious, even days after the wedding when we would see family, they would mention how good the food was and how smooth the day went.

I always felt comfortable and never worried, at all. Allie was always on top of everything and everyone at The Barns were always helpful. At our rehearsal we met with Allie and Jack, and Jack as well was quick to answer our questions. It was nice knowing they were there for me.

I keep reliving our wedding because it was exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend the Barns, the venue is beautiful, and the staff especially were great. It felt nice seeing what we wanted come to life but also seeing our guest complementing us on our day, the place, food.. it was a good feeling. This place is classic, so happy I had my wedding here.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Marilu,

We are SO thrilled we were able to bring your wedding day dreams to life! You and Randy are such a wonderful couple, and the entire wedding was such a pleasure for us to help you plan and celebrate. Thank you for sharing this; We wish you and Randy a lifetime of happiness and love!

Shelby · Married on 03/31/2016

When I think about my wedding day, there is not a single thing I would change and I owe most of that to the wedding group at the barns! Everything was perfect, they were ahead of any possible issues. Our friends and family raves about our wedding, the venue and the staff and said they felt like royalty with how attentive staff was. I had my gallbladder out a week before our wedding and nobody could understand why I wasn’t freaking out about all the planning, but I knew everything was in good hands and that I wouldn’t have to worry! Everything ended up better than I could even have imagined! We also ended up with less people than the minimum and the barns through in extra packages to make our cost worth it. I cannot put into words the appreciation I have for all those at the barns and how truly special our day was! I wish I could redo our wedding here a million times!

Sent on 01/14/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 15
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 16
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 17

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Shelby & Joel, Thank you for the amazing review and for sharing pictures of your day, how beautiful it was! I am so glad we were able to keep you calm with a surgery just before the big day, I hoped to reassure you the moment you walked in that you were in good hands, glad to have succeeded. You were a pleasure to work with and so were your family and friends.
    Best Wishes in the New Year! -Cathy & The CT Wedding Group Team

Erica · Married on 11/07/2015

CT wedding group and the staff at the Barns were amazing. They made the day seamless and so much fun. Even when I was stressed they kept me calm. They made sure I ate, and that we always had fresh drinks. The decor was perfect, the food was amazing, and everything went exactly as it should. If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing. It was the best day of my life! A special thank you to our day of wedding coordinator Jessica who was honestly amazing.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Meaghan · Married on 10/30/2015

We had our reception at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills on October 30th. What an absolute dream start to finish. We virtually didn't have to worry about a thing thanks to every aspect being flawlessly coordinated. Every meeting and email exchange was prompt, informative, thorough and so friendly. This is a beyond lovely team of people to work with.

The venue itself is charming and unique- my husband and I specifically wanted a cozy New England feel, which we achieved. The simplicity of the string lights above the dance floor creates such a romantic feel. The team encouraged us to add details to make the space our own, which we were able to do by bringing in our own little personal touches of decór (which were set up for us in all the exact places we wanted).

And the food, oh the food! What a way to break out of the wedding diet. This is the best wedding food you will ever have- trust me. Our guests are still talking about it. Not only did we have ten passed hors d'oeuvres, but a delicious three course meal (autumn themed), and all the desserts under the sun. We aren't cake people - so we selected a table of pies/ice cream, mini cupcakes, and cider doughnuts- as well as a milkshake station that was a HUGE hit. The staff working with us on that day were all so kind to us and our guests.

Jessica, Mary-Beth and the entire team at CT Wedding Group make what could be a very stressful process a truly enjoyable and fun experience. Any emails I sent with questions or concerns were answered right away- all details provided. We could not imagine having our special day anywhere else!!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2015

I cannot say enough about the facility and the staff at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills.

I live in Colorado and was planning a fall wedding in Connecticut. I had spent a lot of time online researching venues but kept coming back to The Barns. The staff there was so accommodating. They set up a Facetime appointment and walked me around and showed me the entire venue and I fell in love instantly.

Throughout the whole planning process they would send friendly reminder emails and suggestions that were so helpful.

They understood my vision and when it came to the big day it far exceeded my expectations. The food was amazing and everyone is still talking about it weeks later!

Thank you for making what could have been a very stressful process so easy!

Sent on 10/30/2015
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/16/2015

What a venue! Throughout the entire process of checking out the venue for the first time to leaving the night of the wedding I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The level of service of the staff throughout the whole process was impeccable! They were always there to answer my crazy bride question with true patience and a smile. Our wedding coordinator, Jack who I meet on the day before our wedding, was absolutely amazing. I am a control freak and he just made me feel so comfortable that everything was covered. I actually got to relax on my wedding day and truly enjoy the once and lifetime experience. The ONE thing that I was not a huge fan of was the bridal suite. There was no place to properly hang my gown so it was off the floor with out moving furniture. Other than that though, it was great. Comfy couches, 2 bathrooms, a fridge (fully stocked), hors d'oeuvres brought in before the ceremony, and full communication between Jack and my girls. He had everything covered and did it calmly with professionalism. To top it off, at the end of the night my mother realized that she left her purse inside the venue. Jack went back to the venue, found the purse, and personally drove it to us at the hotel! You can't ask for better service. Best venue ever and worth EVERY SINGLE penny I paid!!!! Love the whole team there. <3

Sent on 05/19/2016

Lindsay & John -

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure to help you plan and celebrate your wedding. And thank your for your feedback on the bridal suite at The Barns. We've already gone ahead and made sure that there is now an accessible hook available for wedding dresses. Again, thank you so much for your amazing words about your experience. Best of luck to both you and John in the future!

Alix · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married on October 10, 2015 at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and it was truly the most magical day of our lives. From the moment I set foot on the property during my initial tour of the venue, I knew that this was where we were meant to be married. The grounds, with the weeping willow trees atop the beautiful rolling hills, are absolutely stunning, and the barn itself is perfect. It really is the ideal venue for any couple looking for a rustic yet elegant country wedding.

Connecticut Wedding Group made the wedding planning process seamless. Everyone there is EXTREMELY good at what they do, and no matter who you work with at the Barns, you'll be in good hands. Throughout the year leading up to our wedding, our main point of contact was Mary-Beth and she was phenomenal. She was always available when I needed assistance, and answered every single of one of my questions literally within minutes. Jack was our day-of coordinator and I'm not sure what we would have done without him! He was so attentive to our every need, and because of him we were able to relax and enjoy every second of our wedding, knowing that he had it all under control.

Our wedding was an absolute dream come true and If we were to do it all over again, there is NOTHING that we'd have done differently. I can't recommend this venue enough, it is perfect in every way possible!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/03/2015

Our wedding at the barns was everything we dreamed of and more. There was not a single flaw throughout the entire time there. Melinda(Our wedding coordinator) and her team were a pleasure to work with and ensured the day flowed accordingly. We were amazed by how smoothly everything went, the day could not have been more perfect.

The barn was decorated beautifully and took our breath away. Melinda did a fantastic job choosing additional decor to compliment some of the personal touches that we had brought. The guests were blown away by the character and charm of the barn. For cocktail hour we had people on the heated patio which allowed the barn to be a big reveal. Which made it that much more special.

The food was fabulous. We received multiple phone calls from our guests after the wedding ranting and raving about the quality and presentation. For the main courses we chose the FIlet Mignon, Swordfish and Pork. Everything was cooked to perfection. The appetizers were amazing and the staff ensured that they were constantly available. The barns also prepared a table for appetizers(and our signature drink) for the immediate family and wedding party during the photos taken on the property after the wedding.

Our signature drink was called the "Fire Side" which had bourbon, bitters, ginger, cinnamon, cranberry and cider. THis was a perfect drink for an October wedding. The staff had these prepared for guests as they arrived and was a huge hit. In fact a family friend used it for their New Year's Eve Party signature drink. The bar staff did a great job serving top shelf drinks to our guests who had a wide range of tastes.

Simply put Melinda and her team made our day perfect. Our only wish now is if we could go back and be guests at our wedding.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Teresa · Married on 09/18/2015

I would absolutely recommend the Barns as a wedding venue. Everything about this venue was perfect! The catering was excellent, staff was attentive and helpful, the decor was exactly what we were looking for, and the wedding planners made the day perfect. My husband and I don't have a bad thing to say about the Barns, they made our wedding day one to remember!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Katie · Married on 09/12/2015

BEST. WEDDING. EVER.

Everyone loves their wedding (I hope!) But I must say, I don’t think I would love mine as much if it hadn’t been at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills.

Not only is the venue absolutely stunning (where else have you ever seen chandeliers in a barn??), but Connecticut Wedding Group was absolutely amazing to work with. From our initial tour, to the day of, all CWG wedding planners and everyone I ever spoke to was so accommodating, prompt, and kind! I must have exchanged dozens of emails with the wedding planner I worked with, Mary-Beth, leading up to the day, and she was SO helpful and sweet!

After some hiccups getting ready (my hairstylist was an hour late and that pushed everything back), I was feeling pretty anxious. But those feelings quickly dissolved the moment we arrived to get dressed at The Barns—aka when Melinda took the reins!

Melinda is pure magic. She was our day-of wedding planner and she was positively phenomenal! After spending countless hours crafting signs, creating fixtures, and brainstorming centerpieces, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how she brought my vision to life. And though she was so patient and laid back, she definitely was great with keeping everything on schedule. My husband and I still can’t get over how she read our minds—refreshing our drinks, making us plates from the buffet because we were so busy talking we forgot about eating, and generally moving things along so that we maximized the fun.

In addition to the general awesomeness of the staff and venue itself, the food is delicious. The variety, the flavors—truly impeccable. We opted for pies for dessert—which is such a nice option and one that I’ve never seen at a wedding.

I’ve received so many ‘best wedding ever’ comments from friends and family and that’s truly all thanks to the staff at CWG—especially Melinda! Unbelievable from start to finish—I feel so lucky to have such happy memories from our wedding day :)

Sent on 10/21/2015