The Barns at Wesleyan Hills Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jennifer M. Married on 08/19/2022

I was the bride

The Barns is by far the best wedding venue in CT! The staff was always friendly, caring, and attentive. They answered all my questions through the entire planning process. Lexi, our day of coordinator, was fabulous! Having her with us all day made it so easy to actually enjoy our wedding and relax.
    Briana M. Married on 07/10/2022

Simply Amazing

From the moment my husband and I toured The Barns it was clear that this was where we wanted to get married. The venue alone is absolutely gorgeous inside and outside, especially the willow trees on the grounds. Wedding planning can be an incredibly stressful time, but CT Wedding Group’s planning team made the entire wedding planning process as simple and stress-free as possible. Samantha kept us on track and made sure all our questions were answered. Nicole and Lexi made last minute details a breeze! Each member of the team we encountered were always very professional, responsive, and proactive during our planning.
    On our wedding day our day of coordinators, Nicole and Lexi, were absolutely amazing! They were a key detail in what made our day so much more wonderful the key to our amazing. Both ladies made sure everything went smooth and that we had plenty of drinks and food! They allowed us to enjoy our wedding without feeling stressed or that it was going too quickly. Because of them, we were able to take it all in and be present with our guests! Have no doubt that this team will make sure you get to eat on your wedding day, something that was incredibly important to my husband and I because the food is absolutely amazing! Our guests are
    still raving about the delicious hot devours, pasta and dinner were!The hanging lights and bistro wall made our reception feel simply
    magical. One of the most helpful perks was the team boxing up and loading all our decorations and gifts at the end of the night while my husband and I enjoyed dancing with our families and guests. It was such a relief not to have to clean up at the end of the night. You will not regret booking your wedding at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Briana! Thank you so much for your kind words, I can't believe a month has gone by since your wedding. It truly was an honor to be a part of you and Joe's special day. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!

~Nicole, Lexi, & Your CT Wedding Group Family
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Kelly
    Kelly B. Married on 06/24/2022

Incredible

CT Wedding Group was incredible to work with. From the beginning of our engagement to every last detail they helped us plan the most perfect, magical day! We wish we could relive the day over and over! Cate was an amazing day of coordinator as well! The day ran perfectly and I couldn’t imagine having our special day anywhere else!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Kelly & Luc! Thank you so much for sharing these kind words with us. We are seriously still dreaming about your day, especially your flowers 😍 Our entire team had such a great time putting your day together, and celebrating with you both and your families and friends.

Here's to all the happiness together, congratulations again!
    - Cate & Your CT Wedding Group Family
    Melissa L. Married on 06/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolute perfection in every way!

Absolute perfection in every way! From our first tour of The Barns to our wedding day and everything in between, we were so lucky to plan our perfect day with the CT Wedding Group. The team made every step in the planning process stress-free and fun. Our wedding day was a dream (for us, and our guests!) the beautiful setup, cocktail hour, the food (seriously, the food will be what we talk about for years to come), the staff. Our wedding coordinator, Shelby is truly the best at her job, she had us taken care of (food and drinks always on standby!) and allowed us to be in the moment all day. We can’t imagine any better venue for a wedding and truly thank The Barns for making our day the best day of our lives!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Thank you so much for celebrating with us Melissa & Dave! Our team had so much fun with you both and hope to stay in touch for years to come!!!
    - Shelby & the CT Wedding Group team
    Jillian M. Married on 05/20/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

AMAZING Venue and Service!

Our wedding day at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills was absolutely amazing! From start to finish, from pre-wedding to day of, it was everything we could every have wanted, and more! Everyone was so helpful, responsive, and professional. Our coordinator, Shelby, went above and beyond to make sure our day ran smoothly and stayed on track. The CT Wedding Group made the planning so easy and stress-free that it didn't feel overwhelming at all- they kept us on track and were there to help answer any questions we had along the way. The venue, the food, the drinks- everything was perfect and all of our guests STILL tell us what an amazing time they had!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Jill thank you so much for this sweet review! We had such a wonderful time celebrating with you and Tyler!! I will never forget showing you the room when it was ready! Such a special moment! Sending so much love to you both, always!
    - Shelby & Team
    Lindsay Married on 05/08/2022

True professionals

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and the experience of working with the staff of the Connecticut Wedding Group was unbelievable! My day-of coordinator was Cate and she anticipated all of our needs before we even knew we had them. The venue is gorgeous, but the staff are true professionals and want your wedding day to be exactly what you've always imagined. It felt like such a weight off of our shoulders knowing that they knew what they were doing and wouldn't let us forget anything important. Our wedding day was just amazing, but like any wedding little things happen that are out of your control. My florist was supposed to bring flowers for my arch and forgot. I noticed this maybe an hour before the ceremony started and mentioned it to Cate to see if the florist had said anything about it. All Cate did was ask for the florist's number and what color flowers they were supposed to be. When it came time for the ceremony, not only were there white and orange flowers on the arch like I had imagined, but there were orange rose petals all down the aisle. After the ceremony, I asked Cate if her team had ran out to get the flowers, because I had a sneaking suspicion, and she reluctantly admitted that they did. I guess when she called our florist, they said that they weren't coming back to the venue to bring the arch flowers, so Cate and her team went above and beyond to do that for us without saying a word. There were so many other little things that they did for us that made the day smooth and enjoyable, I couldn't possibly mention them all. I will say, having Cate bring my husband and I into the bridal suite after pictures and handing us drinks and a platter of all of our cocktail hour food was something we were so grateful for. She encouraged us to take 10 minutes together to eat and take it all in for a bit, and we really cherished that time to be present with one another before the craziness of everyone pulling us in every direction at our reception. We can't thank the staff enough and to say that we were impressed is an understatement. They know exactly what needs to happen to make a wedding day flow and be enjoyed by all!! I just wish I could re-live that day a few more times :)

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Lindsay! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I had such a great time celebrating with you and Thomas - your day was a dream. Your family and friends were so fun to celebrate with, and the entire day was full of love.

Congratulations again to the two of you, wishing you all the love and happiness!

- Cate & Your CT Wedding Group Family
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 05/06/2022

yes Yes YES!!!!!!

The Barns made for the PERFECT wedding! I feel like I could right a short novel about our time planning with the Barns, so I'll really try to just highlight the best parts. From the first tour until leaving our wedding night, the Barns just know what they're doing! They think about things you won't even think about. They stagger planning emails throughout the months leading up to your wedding, planning linens, design, food, ceremony, etc. This way, it's not overwhelming all at once, and they're with you every step of the way.

The "tasting" is a whole date night! You mingle with couples getting married during your season, share stressors, meet chefs, servers, and planners, and get to try all the bells and whistles for your day.

The barns themself are MAGICAL. If you're looking for a rustic venue to showcase its natural beauty, or glam up the place-this is it!!! The outside fields ended up being too wet from the rain, so we had to move our ceremony inside. However, THIS WAS SUCH A BLESSING IN DISGUISE! The added bistro wall with flowers and the circle arch made for a
    backdrop like no other!!

I HAVE to mention their exceptional communication & service. The waitstaff is by far trained by god, I'm sure of it. So many guests commented on how fast dinner disbursement was and how table side help was always present.

ALL of the staff made such a positive impact on us. Like literally everyone. I can go on and on. Day of coordinators were Jenna & Autumn and they were such a power couple! No complaints at all with them. Everyone kept saying this was the best wedding ever.

We even dragged some of the wait staff onto the dance floor at the end of the night to show that they had become so much more than "staff" to us.

I have to mention the $$$$, right? That's what everyone wants to know. All I'll say about that is we have no regrets. You get one day to make it about you and your honey. And we truly did throw the party of our lives. We planned 1 & 1/2 years out and budgeted and made it work!

We love the Barns!!!!!!!

Emily and Nathan!!
    We are so happy to have been apart of your special day! Truly- we miss you both so much! Please send us your photos so we can relive the day over and over again :)
    Morgan S. Married on 04/10/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Blew my expectations out of the water!

I cannot rave enough about how wonderful of a venue this place is. Every single staff member was beyond helpful and extremely pleasant to work with. I had absolutely no stress throughout the planning process, or on my actual wedding day, due to the Barns taking care of everything! I would get married there 1,000 more times if I could!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Morgan & Brandon, it was such an honor to help you on your wedding day! There were so many heartfelt and special moments on your special day that we won't soon forget. Sending lots of love to you both!!! - Shelby and team
  • Emily
    Emily J. Married on 04/09/2022

Best Planning Experience!

From the first communication I had with the Barns I was blown away. You don't think about how much help you need this high level of support until you are in the thick of planning a wedding for 180 guests. My amazing team kept me on track, answered questions I didn't even know I needed, and kept me calm and collected on multiple occasions.
    You think you know good wedding food until you get to experience the culinary sensation the Barns offers. We we first blown away at our tasting, which was actually a mock wedding for all spring bride and grooms. It was the best time, I was so full with the most delicious apps and main courses. Every single guest I talked to at/after the wedding went on and on about how unbelievable the food was.
    I will recommend the CT Wedding Group to every bride and groom searching for the perfect venue. Thank you all for your hard work and making my perfect day possible!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Emily and Ryan, thank you so much for this great review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed planning with us, and Our entire team is wishing you the best, congratulations again!
    - Cate & Your CWG Family
    Mariana T. Married on 02/18/2022

BEST Decision We Made!

I’m not sure we can put all our love and appreciation for the group at the Barns. Hiring them was truly one of the BEST decisions we made in our wedding planning process!! Not just because of the gorgeous barn or the amazing seasonal catering menu (SERIOUSLY THOUGH), but because of the wedding planning services that come with it and the HELP and support they offer!
    My husband and I were very budget focused and worried about the Barns being a financial reach. However, when we met with their team, the first thing they did was help us build a budget that fit our needs without compromising our vision. They made our priorities THEIR priority, and always checked in about whether a decision felt okay for our budget and needs. We worked with the team for a bit under a year, and we thanked the universe for Jessica, Mary Beth, Samantha, Allie, and co. on at least a weekly basis (and multiple times a day during the last 2 months!!). They put us in touch with vendors who were within our budget. They gave us pragmatic advice (“don’t bother with ___;” “focus on getting ___;”), helped us problem-solve issues big and small, and supported us through multiple contingency plans as COVID got trickier and trickier during the winter. This group has been pulling off weddings for a million years so, when we had a worry, their confidence, calming nature, and their sound recommendations helped us move forward. They’ve done it all, seen it all, and heard it all, and you get to benefit from their wisdom as you’re planning your own wedding!
    Their wisdom alone was worth every penny; however, what was the most critical element of their amazingness was their drive to make OUR vision THEIR goal. My husband and I had a bit of a “complicated order” re: wedding planning. We are a bicultural couple and wanted to make our wedding a bicultural celebration of our new nuclear family… and boy, were they EXCITED about helping us do this! They asked us about Venezuelan and American customs, important people in our families who needed special attention (my abuela!), traditional foods, and everything in between. They thought about absolutely EVERYTHING and were sensitive to our priorities the entire time.
    By the time our wedding week came around, our mental health was pretty much (safely) in their hands. The Planning Team was responsive and encouraging and comforting and REMINDING us about the amazingness that was about to happen. They helped us keep our “eye on the ball,” so to speak. They took care of ALL the coordination with food (again, omg THE FOOD), the entertainment, the speeches, service, and even drop-off and pickup of our personal touches. Shelby, who is quite possibly the best day-of coordinator that ever lived, made sure our day went without a hitch and that every corner of our 6 hours with them was filled with laughter, joy, and moving along an unspoken timeline! It also didn’t hurt that every time we turned, Shelby had a drink for me and Geoff to sip on in between greetings or photos =) Because of this team, we have nothing but INCREDIBLE memories of our wedding day. There were zero hiccups during our time at the Barns, and we still have guests raving about the food, the service, the gorgeous candle-lit barn, and – you guessed it – Shelby. Because she befriended everyone in our family, proactively addressed any challenges, and made sure everyone we love was having as good a time as we were. This group deserved all the standing ovations in the world for the work that they do, and they are good at it because they put their hearts in their work. It was an honor to have our wedding at the Barns, and we truly could not recommend them enough. THANK YOU TEAM, for everything!!!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Mariana and Geoff!!!! Where do I even begin? Talk about the BEST DAY EVER! I will never forget your amazing wedding day and how much fun our team had celebrating with you guys! Hora Loca was the most fun experience, ever! Missing you both and sending all of the love and happiness your way, always! Thank you so much for celebrating with us and for becoming some of our dear friends! Love, Shelby & the CT Wedding Group Team!
  • Geoff
    Geoff C. Married on 02/18/2022

Hora Loca at the Barns!

After having a horrible experience with a previous wedding venue walk-through, the day before we met with The CT Wedding Group, my wife Mariana and I felt certain that all venues thereafter would be the same experience. We arrived with our guards up ready to go to battle, that is, until we met Jessica. Within minutes, my wife and I sighed with great relief. She was the breath of fresh air we needed to get back on track. She was so attentive with our needs and questions. We left the first meeting feeling refreshed and excited for our wedding!
    At the winter menu tasting event they held at The Pavilion at Crystal Lake, we were introduced to several other teammates who were equally, if not more excited to work with us. It was an indescribable feeling my wife and I shared… As if our own best friends were planning our wedding themselves! We were excited to try the food and cocktails knowing the on-site Executive Chef curates these seasonal menus, tweaking things here and there to keep it fresh and exciting. This was something I personally appreciated because it gave us a lot of options to work with. He was happy to work with us to include some appetizers from my wife’s Venezuelan culture. This was one of our biggest selling points to stay with them; the ability to work with us on every step allowing us to weave in our cultures into a beautiful celebration. We wanted our day to be special in every way possible and they always took the time to listen whenever we needed something.
    There’s a lot of notable moments with the CT Wedding Group that I must share because it certainly made a difference for us as it could for other couples in the future… 1. They held us 100% accountable for the schedule while guiding us and checking in on progress. I can’t express this enough how vital this support is when you’re swimming in wedding to-dos! 2. They’re organized, informative, and great communicators! We’d always have an answer within one business day. No waiting, no stressing, no what-ifs. They eliminate all the guess work for you and make sure you’re happy with everything involved! 3. This entire team works together like a well-oiled machine. Like elves on Christmas Eve getting all the right details in place and doing it with a smile the entire time. They’re truly masters of their craft resulting with you feeling like royalty throughout the whole process.
    On our wedding day, Shelby was our coordinator for the day. She’s out-of-this-world amazing! During the entire reception, she made sure my wife and I were fed well and had drinks the entire time. One of my favorite moments was when my wife and I were outside by the pond taking picture with our photographer we see Shelby coming over with a tray of cocktails for us! Shelby was on top of everything; always checked in with us during the night to ensure food was sent out as needed and we had enough time to dance. While Shelby’s company and staff along with the food and drinks was great as they were, we had one more factor that took it over the top… Confetti cannons! You must get the confetti cannons!
    I know there’s so much I’m missing and people I’m forgetting to mention, but I know I could easily write a novel about this team (I must stop somewhere!) My wife and I are incredibly grateful to The CT Wedding Group for their exceptional skills and effort they put forth into our Venezuelan-American wedding! To this day, a month plus after our wedding, our guests STILL rave about the food and décor! It’s no surprised the number of awards and praises you receive for the outstanding work you’ve done over the years, including ours. Special thanks to Jessica, Allie, Shelby, Samantha, Mary-Beth, Chef Steve and the rest of the amazing team that put this all together! We’re forever grateful for you! Thank you! M+G

• Maggie
    Maggie S. Married on 12/11/2021

Phenomenal

My husband and I cannot speak more highly of The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Our day was truly incredible, and we have the magnificent staff of the CT Wedding Group to thank! Service was impeccable, food was absolutely delicious--from planning to execution, the staff at The Barns could not have made our day any more special or seamless.
    Susan H. Married on 11/21/2021

The Barnes Highly Recommended

My sons wedding was at The Barns and it was truly amazing. From the staff Jenna and her team who were so on top of the details she made it look so easy! The food was outstanding all our guests commented on how good it was. The venue is gorgeous with rustic barns so warm and inviting. It is a hidden gem and I recommend you checking it out! Thank you to the event planners who helped them too all the way through!
  • Nina
    Nina K. Married on 11/07/2021

Hitched Without a Hitch!

Going into our wedding, we were always told that something would inevitably go wrong the day of. This didn't happen for us, thanks to the amazing staff at The Barns. Our coordinator Shelby took care of everything down to the smallest detail (she took our drink order at our final appointment and met us at the end of the aisle with a drink after the ceremony!!) and by the end of the night she felt more like a friend than a vendor. Thanks to her and the rest of the wonderful people at The Barns, we were able to be in the moment enjoying our wedding without worrying about schedule or details.
    The greatest part of our experience with The Barns wasn't even on the wedding day, but rather the months leading up. Their communication was absolutely unmatched throughout our entire time working with them. They were 100% accommodating when it came to our Covid postponement, responded to every email within 48 hours, and were always enthusiastic about connecting with us for calls and appointments, making us feel like their only clients each time.
    We could not be happier with our experience, and strongly recommend The Barns at Wesleyan Hills for anyone looking to have a seamless wedding experience from first booking until the last dance!
    Chelsea M. Married on 10/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I would do it all over again!

If I could give The Barns At Wesleyan Hills more than 5 stars I would! From the moment we toured the location we knew we wanted to celebrate our wedding there. We first met with Jessica who showed us around the venue, answered all of our questions and made us feel welcomed and excited! Through out the planning process I had the pleasure of working with Mary-Beth, Jenna and a few other wonderful women who helped us navigate our COVID date change with ease, and always made us feel like we were the only couple they were working with, even though there were plenty more. The team helped bring our wedding to life, and the results exceeded all expectations. I simply shared examples of my vision and they utilized their creativity and worked with our vendors to bring that vision to life. If anything went wrong day of - I had no idea about it! The venue and grounds are both charming and beautiful. We turned the bridal suite into a lounge, so our guests had three rooms to move freely throughout and mingle. The main barn and dance floor is small, and it's definitely a more intimate venue, but if that is what you are looking for, this is your spot. We had about 170 guests and I wouldn't personally recommend any more. It felt like the perfect amount for that space. All in all, my guests were blown away by the venue. The grounds are picturesque making for the perfect back drop for your wedding photos, and the food and drinks are to die for. I have never had such delicious food at a wedding venue. Our guests talk about the food to this day! From the savory appetizers, to beautifully plated dinners and decadent desserts I was so pleased with every thing I ate. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still choose The Barns! All photo credit is Kel C Photography!
  • Melissa
    Melissa F. Married on 10/22/2021

Our dream wedding

I could not have asked for a more perfect day. The barns truly made our dreams come true. I wish every day that we can relive the experience. everything was perfect and I am not lying when I say that. My guests have been talking about it since October - the grounds, the food, the experience. Kayla, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely incredible. She took care of absolutely everything and kept me sane. I cannot thank them enough for being such an important part of life and literally giving us the dream wedding.
  • Melissa
    Melissa F. Married on 10/22/2021

An absolute dream

Our wedding was incredible. It was an absolute dream. Jenna, our wedding coordinator, made the day beyond smooth. It was the wedding of our dreams. I think about it every day. I’m sad it’s over - and it’s all because of them!
    Jacqueline O. Married on 10/21/2021

Amazing venue!

Venue was amazing in every way. Great food, great service, friendly staff. Our whole event was phenomenal and I would do it all over again.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/03/2021

Fall wedding at the Barns

CT Wedding Group and all of the staff at the Barns did the most incredible job both with helping us plan our wedding and making it run smoothly the day of. They were very flexible and helpful when we had to postpone due to COVID-19, and they guided us every step of the way. The venue is so beautiful and looked perfect on our wedding day, and our guests are still raving about the food over a month later. I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding in CT!
    Lauryn D. Married on 10/02/2021

Worth Every Penny

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this venue. Our wedding was pushed back multiple times due to Covid19 and we had to postpone multiple times. Our previous venue was not helpful with this setback and just when we were about to give up on our wedding all together, we found The Barns! They were so helpful with moving all our vendors over and communicating with them. The coordinators were very friendly and Cate was our day of coordinator and she was absolutely perfect! This venue made all the hard work to get to our day worth it. We loved everything about the day and we are still hearing from guests how much of a wonderful time they had.
    Addie R. Married on 09/24/2021

Wedding at The Barns!

We had the most wonderful experience with CT Wedding Group at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills! They were so well organized and so communicative throughout our entire planning process. The day of the wedding was so stress-free because the staff at the Barns took care of everything - shout out to Shelby! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. My wife and I had the best day ever and our guests had a blast! The food and drinks were so delicious. Huge thanks to everyone at The Barns and CT Wedding Planning that made our special day so memorable.
    Katherine O. Married on 09/12/2021

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills

The venue was beautiful and they staff did an amazing job decorating. They were extremely attentive and accommodating especially when planning a wedding during COVID! The food and drinks were out of this world and the wedding planner always made sure we had a drink in hand!
  • Amanda
    Amanda D. Married on 09/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing, beautiful, professional venue!

I got married at the Barns just under two months ago and I cannot even put into words how perfect it was. Not only the venue but the staff as well! Everyone was extremely helpful, patient, and generous. You literally pay for a wedding planner when you book this venue. The wedding planning team reach out to you periodically and make sure that you are in a good headspace and try to help you move along every step of the way. Just when you think you have it all, you eat the food. There are no words besides, AMAZING. Perfect day, perfect venue.
    Mollie R. Married on 09/09/2021

Exceeded every expectation!

I cannot say enough about our experience at The Barns! From start to finish they ensured that we had a stress free wedding experience! No need to hire a wedding planner when you are working with The CT Wedding Group! I had to reschedule our wedding due to Covid and they helped us every step of the way! We had guests raving about their experience at our wedding! Comments like “phenomenal food& service” and “I’ve never been to such an amazing wedding,” came flooding in! If I had to choose a vendor I would choose The Barns at Wesleyan Hills time and again!
illustration stars