The Barns at Wesleyan Hills Reviews

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 5
The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 6
The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 7

Emily · Married on 12/01/2018

Professional well run detail oriented and FANTASTIC

One word. Exceptional. From the first moment you visit the Barns at Wesleyan to the time you exit after your wedding…everything is perfectly executed. The staff is helpful from the office (thank you Ashley) to sales (perfect, Michelle) to the planning team (Allie and Nicole!). Whether you are an organized uber planner or a “please do everything for me” kind of bride…the barns will fit your needs. The décor (and there are many different themes that can be used to supplement the beautiful barns) and the food is OUTSTANDING. Every concern we had, every suggestion was met with deep thought and we even had a few enhancements that were not part of the normal way of doing things…so don’t be afraid to ask! It was a dream wedding filled with lots of love…..don’t be afraid to visit the Barns…you won’t regret it!

nicole · Married on 11/09/2018

Excellent service and food. It was the perfect venue all around!

We had a wonderful experience at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills! From the food, to the service we can’t say enough good things. All of our guests were very impressed with how beautifully the venue was decorated and how delicious all the food was! We were very impressed with how attentive all of the staff was before and during our wedding ceremony and reception. Allie our wedding planner day of was exceptional and made sure that everything was done according to plan and made us feel at easy knowing that we, as well as our guests were taken care of. Thank you so much for everything in making our wedding day perfect!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Hi Nicole! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Your wedding was absolutely perfect, and it was such a pleasure helping you celebrate. Cheers to a lifetime of happiness together! Love, Allie

Dena · Married on 10/28/2018

From the beginning my husband and I fell in love with the Barns! The venue is beautiful and we loved that there is a built in back up plan in case of poor weather that is just as beautiful. The menu was what really drew us in. It is unlike any other menu that we saw and the food was phenomenal. Our wedding was three weeks ago and guests are still talking about the food! From the beginning the staff was extremely attentive to our needs and making sure we were on top of everything. All email responses were quickly responded too and the staff never seem bothered by an email or a call. On the day of our wedding we did not have to worry about a thing! Allie and Amelia were amazing and we couldn't have asked for anything more. Our wedding day went smoothly and there was not one hiccup or problem. Our guests continue to say how incredible the wedding and staff were and how smoothly everything was. We couldn't have asked for a greater experience planning our wedding or a better wedding day, it was completely perfect and a complete dream!

Jana Choi · Married on 10/27/2018

CWG gave us our dream wedding

We initially met with Jenna to decide on our venue and then continued with our planning experience with Samantha.. every time we've come for our appointments or even just through email everyone has been so warm and welcoming throughout our months of planning! There were a lot of details that were overwhelming and I've asked a lot of questions that I'm sure would annoy anybody but Samantha and everyone else that responded were so patient and helpful I felt like I was planning with friends. Jae and I came for a meeting on a Saturday (Their tastings are typically on Thursdays) they initially thought we wouldn't be able to try any of the food and were very apologetic , but Ashley, Samantha and the chefs were able to pull through and gave us some food to try which was delicious and so thoughtful! They made a very stressful time of planning so smooth and enjoyable.
    On the day of, I was nervous since typically when I've heard brides in the past talk about their wedding day, they've shared how crazy the day was and how they can barely remember how the day went. Our wedding experience was completely different. Things went so smoothly and despite the rain and switching our ceremony to be indoors, I never felt stressed or as if I had to worry about anything. Cate and Nicole, our wedding coordinators made our day absolutely perfect and stress free. Cate was constantly around to make sure Jae (husband) and I were eating and drinking. She setup our schedule to run smoothly and made sure there were no hiccups. Nicole, though I've briefly glimpsed her..I know she was working super hard in the kitchen and background to ensure they were a well oiled machine. I have nothing but praise and love for them! All of my guests absolutely loved their experience and most said it was one of the best most beautiful weddings they have been to. Thank you everyone at CWG for our wonderful dream wedding!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Jana and Jae! Thank you so much for these wonderful words! Nicole and I had such an amazing time working with you two on your big day! We absolutely loved how beautiful your hanging gardens looked, and are still thinking about that Poke bowl station! We hope the two of you are enjoying married life! Congratulations again, Cate and Nicole

Jackie Ivory · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect Venue!!

Perfect venue, perfect staff, delicious food and great experience! The staff is very professional and helpful with whatever you need and the venue itself is beyond beautiful!

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Hi Jacqueline and Daniel! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We had a great time putting together your big day, and hope married life is treating you well! Cheers, Cate
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/14/2018

Absolutely perfect wedding

My Husband (yay) & I got married at the Barns a month ago and the only way to describe it is "Holy bananas".

On our first visit, we fell in love. I cried 3 times while touring the venue with our wedding planner, Jessica. We got engaged at a Lantern Festival, so walking into the Barn with the paper lanterns decor set up, we knew it was the perfect venue for us. While telling our engagement story to Jessica, all the other planners came out of their offices to listen & they were as excited as my friends and family were when we first got engaged. It made us feel like it was the only engagement story they ever heard & it really set the tone for the whole year long planning experience.

Every step of the way, we felt confident that we had great team of people to help us. Things like picking our bridesmaid dress colors or getting input on where our nerdy decor would play in, the girls were just a call or email away. We received progress emails monthly, then weekly, just making sure we were on the right track. I am a type "A" personality, so not controlling things is hard for me, but I never once felt anxious. I could trust the CT Wedding Team had our backs & we were in the right hands. We couldn't make the group tasting, so they had a special appointment scheduled for us to try the menu privately. I even visited the venue with my mom a couple of times (we live 3 hours away) & they always accommodated our visits & greeted us with smiles.

We went into the wedding day with the old thought, "something will go wrong". That couldn't be further to the truth. The wedding was like a fairy tale. Cate was a perfect angel. She dealt with both of our difficult families with ease. My mother pulled me aside to let me know how graceful Cate handled a family lining up issue at the rehearsal. She even brought items from her own home to decorate because it tied together with our theme. While getting ready at the Barns, Jessica came on her day off to introduce me to her adorable new baby & Michelle was at my side the moment before I walked down the aisle, making me laugh & keeping me smiling. These girls are amazing. After a picture perfect ceremony, during photos, food and drinks were ready to go for my bridal party & Cate was never more than a glance away, if I needed anything. The Barn itself looked straight out of a fairy tale. The lanterns, lights, & candles were perfectly placed and really set the stage for our night. And the food...the food was out of this world. Our friends and family are still talking about it - I was even asked to see if I could get the corn chowder recipe from the chef so we can make it on Christmas. Oh and the Blazing donuts are a must! We used them in place of a wedding cake & our guests can't stop talking about how tasty & unique it was. (And the photos came out great!)

We danced, sang, and laughed the night away and we know we couldn't have made this dream wedding possible without the CT wedding group. In the year of our planning, they became our counselors, friends, and a part of our family. Thank you all for making our once in a lifetime wedding flawless.

Sent on 10/23/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 8
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 9

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Lisa and Dave aka The Gardners of the Galaxy! Thank you SO much for this "Holy bananas" review! The entire team and I had the most amazing time putting together your wedding! The personal touches you brought into the day were memories that will last a lifetime, especially your bridal party lightsaber battle!! Also, thank you so much for the world spices gift, I can truly say I had never received a package addressed to "Cate McAmazingpants" before that! Congratulations again, with love, Cate!

Annmarie · Married on 09/08/2018

Exceptionally beautiful venue staffed with a hardworking, lovely team!

I seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about this wedding venue and every single person on staff at the Connecticut Wedding Group. We got married at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills this past September and every second of our day was perfect. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, the food is 5 star restaurant quality and every single person on site truly cares and works hard to make your wedding day exactly what you planned and more. During our planning process, we worked most closely with Jenna, who was an absolute dream. The week leading up to the wedding we met Cate who would also be a day of coordinator for us alongside Jenna and she was so personable, hands on and sweet. The level of professionalism, attention and care is truly extraordinary. We were so overwhelmed with gratitude for the hospitality of the staff. Our guests are still raving about how exceptional the food was (which is rather rare at weddings), drinks were constantly re-filled and there was never a line for the bathroom (which was a concern of mine during our first walk through of the barns since the restrooms are tiny). The town is also super cute and convenience for guests to stay in with a strip of fun restaurant and bars on Main Street. I can't recommend this venue enough. I was so thrilled with our experience that I told Jenna I want her to plan every moment of my life ;)

Sent on 01/16/2019
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 10
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 11
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 12
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 13

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Annmarie and Brian! To say it was a true joy to get to know you and your families is a total understatement! Cate and I felt so special to be apart of your wedding day- the love you have, and the love in the room was something unparalleled. Please continue to keep in touch as we love to hear from you! #superbowlparty

Adriana · Married on 08/17/2018

We fell in love with The Barns at Wesleyan Hills the moment we stepped foot on the grounds. While touring the venue with our families, both of us were smiling ear to ear and we were full of butterflies. People say when you find the place, you’ll know. And at the moment, we knew. We stopped one more time just the two of us while driving through Middletown and the staff was so accommodating and gave us another mini tour. We looked at each other and in unison said, “Let’s get married here!” From that moment on, wedding planning began! The planners and coordinators at the Barns is absolutely incredible. Everything is laid out and organized, reminder emails are sent, and they are always available to talk! From start to finish they made the entire wedding planning process easy! And not many people can say that process was easy.
    The food is INCREDIBLE. On the day of it was even better than we expected! All of the guests at our wedding raved about it and still continue to! On the actual wedding day, all of the planning and dreaming came together; the coordinators and planners literally created our dream wedding. It was absolutely magnificent to see how everything came together so beautifully! Our day of coordinator was Jenna, who we clicked with since day one at the Barns and it was so special to have her there with us the day of our wedding. Her and our captain Cait worked so hard to ensure everything went as planned, that the guest were having a great time, that the décor was changing as the night went on and most of all that my groom and I were having a blast! People keep saying ours was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and I can say with confidence that is thanks to the team at CT Wedding group. We cannot thank you all enough. We actually miss you all and planning the wedding!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Adriana and Joe!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Being apart of your wedding was truly so special- I absolutely adored you all! I knew from the moment we met and you said that 17 was a family lucky number- that we were destined to work together!! Please send us along photos- and give Cooper Pup the biggest hug from all of us! - Jenna & the CT Wedding Group Family
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/28/2018

Absolute fairytale day!

I had my eye on the Barns as a wedding venue for years, and only fell more in love when we actually booked our date and started our planning. The staff that helped up leading up to the wedding was so awesome, and was always there to answer our questions. Every time we came to the venue for a meeting, we loved working with Samantha, who was always so personable and interested in the details of our planning process. As promised, the day of our wedding was perfect. Lindsay was our day-of coordinator and she was so amazing every step of the way. Drew and I were able to enjoy our day and not think about where we had to be or what we had to do without Lindsay being 2 steps ahead of us. Everyone always says that “the bride and groom never have time to eat” and had friends offer to help grab us if we weren’t able to sit and eat our meals, but we were never in danger of that. We never arrived to the table to cold food that had been waiting for us or had a plate removed if we stepped away and we weren’t done eating, and knew exactly when we should return to our table. We were able to enjoy every part of the amazing meal that was served! We knew that the food was leagues above typical wedding food, but I love hearing the compliments from so many of our guests that all food, from the harvest table and passed hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour to every course of the dinner. The entire day was better than I could have ever imagined!

Megan · Married on 07/27/2018

Literally amazing. Are the words I have. The staff st the barns was nothing short of amazing. Everyone did everything possible to make the night run smoothly and my day of coordinator Kate was THE BEST. My husband and I had a choreographed dance and I also had a dress change and we waited until the middle of the reception to do it and she made it go off without a hitch! I will forever be grateful for choosing the barns to help celebrate the most important day of our lives!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 21
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 22
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 23

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Megan and Joe! The entire team and I had so much fun helping to put together your day! From your craft beer and pretzel station, to watching your beautiful first dance, the day was amazing! Thank you so much for these words! We wish you the best in everything you two do! Cheers, Cate

Kate · Married on 07/21/2018

They were amazing- made the whole wedding process a breeze- the day went smoothly without any hiccups and they made sure everyrthing was as we wanted it- it was perfect thanks to the barns!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Kate and Jason,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! The Mac and Cheese bar was definitely a hit! And nothing was more precious than your fur babies being a part of your big day!
    Congratulations!
    Lindsay

Tracy · Married on 07/07/2018

Once I got engaged and it came down to planing my wedding I was worried the enjoyment of the experience would be replaced by anxiety and stress. Both my Husband and I are pretty laid back people and the thought of having to make hundreds of decisions about the day was overwhelming. All we wanted was to have a relaxing day that allowed everyone of our guests to have an amazing time. The staff at the Barnes made that a complete reality. Not only did they help us make decisions quickly and efficiently - without stress but I can't even begin to express how many complements we have gotten on that day. With all the options and extras it was easy to plan and everyone had something that allowed them to have a great time. I would recommend this experience to anyone. I was able to enjoy the entire process with no stress or anxiety and really enjoy the day. I was above my expectations.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Tracy & Dan,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! You absolutely took advantage of all of the fun extras!
    Your guests were loving your Cigar and Whiskey Bar, and who could forget those pre-ceremony popsicle's! Yum!
    It was such a pleasure celebrating with you both! Congratulations!
    -Lindsay

Alyssa · Married on 07/06/2018

I'm not really sure where to even begin because every single detail about our wedding day was absolutely perfect. From start to finish, every person from the Barns that was involved in our wedding went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy and taken care of. The fine attention to all of the small details did not go unnoticed. There were several aspects of the day which were very important to both myself and my now husband that we would have easily gotten caught up in the day and forgotten about, but our day of coordinator Cate (LOVE HER!) made sure that everything went off without a hitch! I am not using the word "perfect" lightly - the day truly was PERFECT. There was not a single detail overlooked and we were made to feel like celebrities all day. I can't say thank you enough because all of our dreams came true at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills.

Aside from the actual day of our wedding, the planning experience truly could not have been made any easier! My fiancé was absent during the majority of the planning process as he was working in Europe, but all of the planners and coordinators went above and beyond to make the process easy from start to finish (thank you Jenna and Samantha!). From my first visit to the Barns where I toured the venue, to emails, phone calls and random drop-ins at the venue, they could not have made the experience any easier or more enjoyable! All questions were answered promptly (and I had LOTS of them!) and all visits were greeted with hugs and smiles. I never thought I would say this, but now that it's over, I actually MISS the planning process! Once again, I can't say thank you enough for all of the support and help in making our dream wedding come to life!

Sent on 07/31/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 24
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 25
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 26
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 27
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 28
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 29

Alyssa and Jonathan!

Thank you so much for these kind words! It was truly so much fun to help bring your wedding day to life, and to celebrate with you, and your families! From your live party painter, to the confetti cannon sendoff, it was a night to remember! Congratulations again to both of you! Love, Cate, and the CT Wedding Group Family

Erica · Married on 06/29/2018

Our wedding was just this June of 2018 at The Barns, and it was incredible. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! The assistance that I received throughout the planning process was amazing. The wedding coordinators were able to guide me through the process, and made it as stress free and easy as possible. The actual wedding was gorgeous. My guests raved about the food, and were so impressed by the service that they received from cocktail hour until the late night snack. The décor was beautiful, and my pictures are fantastic. The staff really makes sure as the bride and groom you get to enjoy your day, greeting guests and having photos taken, but also they made sure we got an opportunity to eat and even have drinks waiting for us whenever we needed them. We were really taken care of throughout the process, and I just wish I could relive the day over again. I have had plenty of guests tell me it was one of the best (if not the best) wedding that they have been to. Huge thank you to The Barns at Wesleyan Hills, you are amazing!

Sent on 07/23/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 37
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 38
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 39

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Erica & Peter~ Thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review! I love your photos and how your photographer captured how gorgeous you and your wedding looked! We are so happy to hear that it was an amazing day for you, as we loved helping you to achieve your vision that day- It was my pleasure to be part of it! Congrats again!!
    -Cathy & The Barns Crew

Elisa · Married on 06/24/2018

I cannot recommend this venue enough. When we decided on the Barns we decided to go a little beyond our originally planned budget, but every penny was well-worth it. By choosing the Barns, you're not only picking the most gorgeous setting, but you have a built-in staff of wedding planners at no extra cost. These people WILL NOT let you miss a thing. They are so knowledgeable, incredibly friendly, and talented. If you have a vision, they will make it happen. I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted and they created an aesthetic that was beyond my wildest dreams. AND THE FOOD. My fiancé and I are foodies. I come from a family of restaurant owners and chefs. This food is the real deal. We received phone calls and thank you cards from our guests raving about what an amazing experience they had. It was true perfection.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Hi Elisa and Ben!!

I cannot thank you enough for your kind words! I am forever grateful to have been apart of your wedding! Decorating The Barns and bringing your organic vision to life was such a blast! I cannot wait to see photos!! Cheers!!! -Jenna

Katie · Married on 06/17/2018

Our wedding day at the Barns At Wesleyan Hills was absolutely perfect. The willow trees and bright blue skies were the perfect backdrop for our outdoor ceremony. The Barns themselves have so much character and were the exact type of elegant rustic setting we wanted. All of the Barns staff were also wonderful - we could not have asked for a better group of people supporting us. The CT Wedding Group runs a wonderfully smooth operation and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Samantha and Mary-Beth were so helpful with all of my questions throughout the planning process. I felt very well supported and heard the whole time. We were beyond fortunate to have Samantha as our day-of coordinator as well. Even though I'm sure any of CWG's day-of coordinators would have done a great job, Samantha was incredible. She had absolutely everything under control, from helping my uncle with a surprise element in his toast to quickly and quietly managing a family emergency. Our families were so grateful to Samantha for her incredible efforts. Cate, our Banquet Captain, was also wonderful the whole day, keeping things calm and light-hearted. Thank you so much to everyone at the Barns for helping to make our day so special- I can't say it enough!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 40

Katie & Steve!

It is so wonderful to hear from you! Thank you both so very much for those kind words! We all had the most wonderful time helping you and your loved ones celebrate! I loved being able to help you both plan and bring your wedding vision to life. From your adorable pie topper – still can’t get over those little birds!, to the ceremonial rocks for everyone to hold during your ceremony to your wonderful signature drink name & photo, everything was truly amazing! I am so happy for you both and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Congratulations again!!

Best Wishes,

Samantha & the CT Wedding Group Family!

Robert · Married on 06/09/2018

We fell in love with the Barns on our first tour because it was a beautiful venue. The barn itself is very spacious and pretty on the inside and we loved that the ceremony location outside was so beautiful and if it had rained, the ceremonies inside looked awesome as well. We didn't look anywhere after we saw the Barns and booked our date that day.

During the wedding process, the Barns are GREAT and so responsiveness. The best way to describe them would be to say they are whatever you need them to be. If you have everything under control and don't want a lot of help, they will respect that. If you need them to be more hands on and assist in your planning, they will do an amazing job. We needed their expertise and when we communicated that to them, they were so helpful and it all paid on off the wedding day as it went PERFECTLY. They were thoughtful (groom is lactose intolerant, they completely redid his entrees on the day of and even got dairy free ice cream for dessert), took details notes, and always remembers small nuances or preferences we had previously communicated. The day of coordinator was great throughout the entire wedding day and night, worked with the vendors which really allowed us to sit back and enjoy the night.

Another favorite part of our night was the food! Wow was it even better than we expected after the food tasting. We have heard rave reviews from friends and family after the fact and the day of we were so impressed by everything from the appetizers to the dessert.

We would recommend the Barns to anyone looking for a beautiful venue and amazing service!

Tiffany · Married on 06/09/2018

During the wedding process, the Barns are GREAT and so responsiveness. The best way to describe them would be to say they are whatever you need them to be. If you have everything under control and don't want a lot of help, they will respect that. If you need them to be more hands on and assist in your planning, they will do an amazing job. We needed their expertise and when we communicated that to them, they were so helpful and it all paid on off the wedding day as it went PERFECTLY. They were thoughtful (groom is lactose intolerant, they completely redid his entrees on the day of and even got dairy free ice cream for dessert), took detailed notes, and always remembers small nuances or preferences we had previously communicated. The day of coordinator was great throughout the entire wedding day and night, worked with the vendors which really allowed us to sit back and enjoy the night.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Tiffany & Robert,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I had such a fun time celebrating with you both!
    Congratulations and Best Wishes in your future together!
    Best,
    Lindsay

Jenna · Married on 05/18/2018

We cannot say enough good things about the Connecticut Wedding Group and our customized, personal experience with them. Mary Beth, the Director of Wedding Planning, is an absolute dream to work with. She understands exactly what couples are going through and will walk you through each step of the process. She was prompt in every response and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions (and there were a lot of them!). Our day of coordinators were Cate and Jenna and what can we say? They are magic makers. They are both so personable and friendly that it made the wedding day a breeze. We were in lock step when it came to decisions on centerpieces, decorations, timelines, etc. They understood us and we, without any question or hesitation, trusted them! I was comfortable handing over the creative reigns (after all they are the professionals!). They made EVERYTHING fun. When we say EVERYTHING we mean it. Cate and Jenna both ensured that we had what we needed/requested. Right after the ceremony, we met in the bridal suite where signature drinks & all of our apps were waiting. I happened to spill a little on my dress (oops) and Cate was there, in a split second, to help me remove the stain! There was no stress... Cate & Jenna pulled us for introductions, for cake cutting, pictures, etc. Everything we said we wanted to do happened because of them. We ate our dinner together, we danced the night away, we ate blazing donuts from our dessert station and soft pretzels from the late night snack. We got to sneak away to the balcony and watch our guests enjoying the night... it was just so special. Even our guests made specific mention of both Cate and Jenna as well as the entire wait and bar staff. The service was out of this world, on point and super genuine. We can't thank the CT Wedding Group enough! We wish we could do it all over again! <3

Sent on 05/30/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 41
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 42
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 43
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 44

Hi Jenna and Tyler!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We had such an amazing time being a part of your wedding day, and we can't wait to see more photos!! Best of luck, Cheers! Cate, Jenna, and The Barns Crew

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2018

Choosing the Barns was the best decision my husband and I made in the planning process. From day 1, they were super responsive and willing to suggest ideas and suggestions to help us create our version of a perfect day. If you're somebody that has a busy life and works 60-80 hour weeks, this is the place! I gave them a general idea of what I wanted and everything turned out beyond perfect. They have many additions that make planning easy, but I never felt pressured to spend more money when I didn't want to. And when we wanted to create our own dessert bar, Samantha was right on board!

And fast forward to the day of the wedding, everything was above and beyond. The staff was amazing, the food was amazing, my husband and I always had a drink in our hands, and I did not have to worry about a THING. Worth every penny to not have the stress of doing all the little things. My friends and family could not stop raving about the cheese plate, dinner, drinks, and DJ (which is an exclusive partner for the Barns but also worth it)! Do it!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 45
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 46
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 47
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 48
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 49
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 50

Sarah & Brady!
    Those were such kind words - I can not thank you both enough! It has truly been our pleasure to help you both plan your big day and to bring your vision to life on the day of. These photos are stunning, and just made my day reliving your wedding day! I am instantly taken back to Avett Brothers playing, warm cider donuts and chocolate chip cookies, and of course all the love & laughter that surrounded you both the entire day. I wish you both all the absolute best at Mr. & Mrs! Congratulations again to you both!!

Love,
    Samantha and the CT Wedding Group Family

Lisa · Married on 04/28/2018

The Barns at the Wesleyan Hills is a couples dream! As soon as we walked onto the grounds we knew this was the place for us!
    My husband and I got married on April 28, 2018. Throughout the entire process, the staff were accommodating and organized. They checked in every step of the way and were always responsive and helpful with any troubleshooting.

The final appointment meeting was so well planned, they had all our details and information. We brought all our wedding decorations and they were excited and helpful to display them! Everything looked beautiful!

Ally and Cate are AMAZING!!!! From the day we met them, we knew that our wedding was going to be the best! They made sure everything went smoothly on our day and if it didn't we had no idea! They are wedding experts!! (Special shout out for packing all the leftovers especially the pretzels, there were a hit at the after party!!)

The venue, food and service were impressive. Our family and friends are still talking about how awesome the night was! The food has some serious competition at other wedding! We want to go back for another event to enjoy everything again! We can not thank you enough for making our special day even more special than we could have imagined!!!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Hi Lisa & Rocco!! Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We could not be happier to hear you had such a perfect wedding day! Cate, myself, and our entire team truly enjoyed working with you both from the very beginning up until the very end of your momentous day, and we cannot wait to see some pictures when they come in!

Sending you both so much love and well wishes! - Allie

Alexandra · Married on 04/15/2018

You guys simply amaze me! For someone that is a control freak and worries about everything... I did not have to worry about anything on our wedding day! You all exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond for us! From the same details of reminding us to eat our food and brining is warm hot chocolate cause it was so cold outside. The food was amazing. Jenna was fabulous! She was so awesome! She must have bustled my dress a thousand times and did it with a smile each time and so pleasant. She reassured me each time so I didn’t have to worry! She always made sure there was food and drinks for us. I wish I could keep her in my pocket all the time! The place was decorated so beautiful and just how I pictured our wedding day to be. I was so sad at the end of the night I didn’t want to leave!!! I was so comfortable there. Also the girls that helped with my planning throughout the year were so awesome! I must have asked a thousand questions and they were so nice each time!

I would highly suggest to anyone to go with Connecticut wedding group for their wedding day! They are simply amazing! Thank you all for your hard work and to make our wedding day so beautiful! We had an amazing day!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Alexandra and Chris!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy I was able to be apart of your amazing day in even the slightest! I keep talking about how adorable your seating chart came out with all of those Key bottle openers :)

We cannot wait to see photos so please send them our way! Cheers!!! - Jenna
  • Steph

Steph · Married on 04/13/2018

When we starting looking for wedding venues, we were worried about whether or not we'd find the right place for us...but after we toured The Barns and learned more about what it's like to work with the CT Wedding Group, we looked at each other and both knew that was where we'd get married, no question!

We live out of state, but it was very easy to communicate with them by phone and email throughout the whole process. They were ready to answer all of our questions and always responded quickly. The day before the wedding was when I finally started getting a little stressed out, but as soon as we walked into our final meeting and met Cathy and Cate, all of my nerves disappeared. It was clear we were in good hands!

The day went so smoothly! If there were any problems, I honestly wouldn't have had any idea because Cathy and Cate were so on top of things. We were able to truly enjoy our wedding day and have a great time with family and friends. We got married almost 2 months ago, and I'm still hearing from guests about how much fun they had, how beautiful the venue was, and how delicious the food was. Thanks to the whole CT Wedding Group crew, we had a perfect day that we'll never forget.

Sent on 05/31/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 51
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 52
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 53
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 54

The Barns at Wesleyan Hills's reply:

Steph & Justin! Thank you SO much for this wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that we took all your stress away, and that you felt relaxed that day. I still talk about your beer bottle centerpieces with hops in them, we really LOVED your style and decor! Cheers to a Happy Marriage ;)
    -Cathy

Kathleen · Married on 04/08/2018

I’m from Long Island and was dead set on wanting a venue with a rustic feel, but couldn’t find anything local to fit our needs. Thanks to the internet and websites like the knot and weddingwire, we came across the Barns. I fell in love with it from the pictures alone but didn’t want to get my hopes up - we didn’t know if they would have dates available or that we’d even be able to afford it. Leading up to our first visit, we communicated with Jessica whom was more then helpful answering any logistical questions we had. When we did finally make the trip up to check it out I knew I was in trouble..I fell in love immediately (as did my now husband) and we ended up booking on the spot. Wedding planning from another state is not normally easy, but with the help of Samantha and Mary-Beth it was definitely a breeze. They were so helpful and responsive to any and all emails I sent no matter the time of day - it truly took a load off my shoulders and made things less stressful.Ashley was wonderful when it came to any financial questions we had and kept us on schedule with our payments. We had Jenna and Cate as day of coordinators, and they were beyond amazing and brought all our dreams and visions for the wedding to life. They were beyond attentive and accommodating. The food was incredible, and our guests cannot stop talking about it as well as the decor. Possibly more importantly, our guests were blown away by the incredible service from the staff - we had a decent amount with dietary restrictions or allergies and they said the staff was constantly checking in with them and making sure they had everything they needed all night. I cannot say enough good things about the people associated with The Barns and the Barns itself, but they gave us and our families the perfect day on 4/8/18 to always remember. We had no prior ties with anything in CT and no one understood why we picked there for a wedding, but after seeing it all come together they understood!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 55
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 56
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 57
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 58
    The Barns at Wesleyan Hills 59

Hi Kathleen and Steven!

Thank you so much for the glowing review! Cate and I had such an amazing time at your wedding! All of your handmade details (including your dads wood slab centerpieces!) were stunning! Decorating your Farmers Market Cocktail Hour was such a blast as well- you had a beautiful vision!

Please send us photos!

All the best,
    Jenna, Cate, and The Barns Family!