The Barn on Boundary Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Alex P. Married on 10/09/2021

Great wedding venue!

Kristy is great to work with. Very professional and she will make sure your special day is everything you wanted it to be. 10/10, would recommend.
  • Mindy
    Mindy Married on 09/11/2021

This is it...Beautiful Venue, Perfect Day!

I knew I wanted to get married here rom the moment I pulled up! First was the grain bins, then the fire pit, lake, and finally the barn...and that was before I ever even went in! The Barn is decorated beautifully with all the flowers, decor and lights. There is so much history, and original parts of the barn, It is absolutely breathtaking and fit our rustic themed wedding perfectly!
    We said our "I Dos" in the upstairs loft in Sept 2021. The Bridal suite is gorgeous with a huge window looking out to the fields. You will also find love letters that was found while the barn was being renovated that Kristy framed. It was the perfect touch on my wedding day. Kristy even has a cabinet full of little wedding day necessities in case something is forgotten. She thinks of everything! I used some Bobby pins and safety pins out of the cabinet. Kristy is so sweet and was so helpful from day one. She was available to answer questions and make suggestions. She helped keep us on track with wedding day checklists and reminders leading up to our day. She was so easy to work with and even invited us back. All I can say is it was PERFECT! Thank you Kristy for sharing your barn with us and for giving us the best day ever!
  • Nicole
    Nicole W. Married on 07/24/2021

Wonderful Wedding Venue!

Choosing to have our wedding at The Barn on Boundary was one of the best wedding decisions we made! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and was the perfect dreamy setting for our special day. We had our ceremony in the loft under the beautiful string lights and danced the night away both inside the barn and outside on the patio. Not only was the building itself wonderful, but the décor in the barn all fits the vibe so well and is so cute that we had to do much less to decorate the space than we might have at other locations. Another great advantage to getting married at the barn was getting to work with the owner, Kristy. As an anxious bride/person in general there were plenty of things for me to worry about surrounding the wedding, but thanks to Kristy I could breathe easy about anything related to the venue. She is extremely detail-oriented and thought of EVERYTHING, including a list of suggested vendors she has worked with and questions we would have never thought to ask our vendors. She knows her barn very well and is very clear with her expectations when you are using the barn, but at the same time was very relaxed and open to any ideas we had to make our day unique to us. On top of all of this, when the pandemic hit she allowed us to move our wedding date without any penalties. Twice. If you are looking for a wedding venue I cannot recommend The Barn on Boundary enough!!!
    Calista S. Married on 06/19/2021

Beautiful!!

The barn on boundary was absolutely amazing. Every detail was exactly how I wanted it to be.
  • Sophia
    Sophia G. Married on 06/07/2021

Dream Barn Venue

I loved The Barn on Boundary the moment I walked in! I was actually first introduced to this venue as a close friend of mine got married there. Once I was engaged, I knew exactly where I wanted my wedding to be. Kristy is amazing and was so easy to work with. She responded immediately and was always available. I felt she went above and beyond what I ever expected and was so helpful having to navigate planning a wedding during the COVID pandemic. The barn has so much character and doesn't require too much added decoration. The bridal sweet is beautiful and a great area to get ready in. The weekend of the wedding, Kristy was so helpful. She helped with setup, parking, lighting candles, etc. Side note - she makes her own candles and they smell amazing! Can't get enough praise for this venue! They truly made my day so special!
    Lauren K. Married on 06/05/2021

The BEST wedding venue!!!!

We got married at The Barn on Boundary in June of 2021. We booked the venue maybe 1.5 to 2 years in advance and had an awesome experience from the beginning. The venue is absolutely stunning and a great investment!! The bridal suites are awesome and the natural light is perfect for getting ready and pictures. It was awesome to be able to have the property from Friday to Sunday. It made wedding day so much less stressful as we were able to set up on Friday. Kristy is fabulous to work with and goes above and beyond to make sure your event is everything you want it to be and more. She is very flexible, always willing to quickly answer questions and a great collaborator for planning. She gave us a few great suggestions for ideas that we hadn’t thought of. Our guests loved the mini candles from @BoundaryCandleCompany that Kristy made as favors! Our wedding weekend at the barn was beyond perfect and everything we could have dreamed of and more. I highly highly recommend having your wedding at The Barn on Boundary!!!
    Mickala Married on 09/12/2020

The Barn on Boundary

Not only is the venue AMAZING, Kristy and her team go above and beyond to help their brides as far as planning and decorating. I received soo many compliments after the wedding regarding the venue and how beautiful it is. I love that it doesn't take much to decorate because Kristy already has it so beautiful. (hint hint cost savings!) I also cant say enough about having the venue all weekend- this makes the day of so much less stressful. My wedding was everything I imagined and then some thanks to the barn! Highly recommend!
    Miranda Married on 08/01/2020

One of a kind

We had our wedding at The Barn on Boundary at the beginning of August, and it was nothing short of amazing. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and Kristy and her staff are so amazing to work with. Kristy is so helpful throughout the entire planning process and thinks of all the little things that you might forget about. She helps make sure that everything goes smoothly on the wedding day and helps out whenever she can even when it isn't her job. This venue is truly one of a kind, and Kristy was one of a kind to work with. Her and her barn are AMAZING!
    Halle Married on 07/25/2020

We couldn’t have had a better experience!

We held our wedding at The Barn on Boundary in July and had the most amazing experience. Planning during a pandemic was not an easy task, but Kristy made it easier and reduced so much stress. She went out of her way to ensure our day was perfect, accommodating our every request. The Barn on Boundary is the the most beautiful venue I’ve seen. Everyone deserves to have their wedding here!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 07/05/2020

Best Day Ever!

My husband and I just got married here on July 5th, 2020! We had the absolute best day of our lives. The venue is so beautiful and we had so many compliments after our ceremony and reception. Kristy has even incredible to work with and so flexible with changing our date due to COVID-19. I will never stop talking about or recommending the Barn on Boundary!!
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe H. Married on 05/09/2020

An absolutely perfect wedding venue

When I walked upstairs to the loft I knew that's where I'd be getting married. Working with Kristy was a dream - she's so engaged in the planning process and makes you feel like you're her only bride. It's almost like having a wedding planner. She's always quick to respond with the information you're asking for. Her list of recommended vendors was so helpful (we booked four from her list).

She's put so much thought into every detail at the barn and you can feel how passionate she is about it. All the design choices are so intentional and well placed. A couple of our favorite features were the kid stall (multiple guests also mentioned this), baby changing stations in the men's room, and the the memory cabinet (also mentioned by several guests). The fact that all the furniture and decor that's in the barn is automatically included in your rental makes it so easy. We loved having access to the barn Friday-Sunday for rehearsal and clean-up (which was super quick). The property is stunning...landscaping, patio, bridal suites. Our wedding day went seamlessly. We had multiple guests comment on how beautiful the barn and property were.
  • Jessica
    Jessica B. Married on 04/07/2020

110% reccomend

We just recently got married at the Barn on the 4th of July and it was absolutely perfect! We had about 180 people there, plenty of room inside and outside to be comfortable. Kristy & her team are outstanding . She responds to texts, emails, and phone calls pretty much all day long. I live in TN and she made sure that I was prepared and had everything I needed. They are very generous with their props and barn decor. The scenery is beautiful & if you get lucky you may even have a perfect wedding sunset :) All of our guests truly loved being there and enjoyed the natural aesthetic the barn had. xoxo
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl G. Married on 04/07/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

Besides the fact that this is the MOST beautiful venue I have been to, everything about it from our first visit to the exit after the last walk through was so professionally handled. I can see why Kristy (the owner) calls it her "baby" as she takes such good care of it and all who enter into it. Our daughter's wedding was an "Epic 4th of July" I will always remember. Thank you to Kristy and her staff for being so vested in Jessica & Cole's wedding day as if it were your own! Everything was PERFECT!
    J Lund Married on 04/05/2020

Best rural indiana barn wedding venue!

We chose the Barn on Boundary for my daughter's May 2019 wedding and never regretted our decision for one moment. I had LOTS of questions over the 9 months of planning and owner Kristy never made me feel like a bother. She was professional, quickly responsive, and always helpful. LOVED Kristy and her excellent staff. She goes the extra mile to make sure her brides and grooms have the best wedding day ever. The grounds are beautiful. There are so many extra antique accessories included in the barn that saved us a lot in decoration costs. The indoor ceremony loft is beautiful. We were so glad we had it because it rained on the wedding day, but it didn't matter one bit. The bride's suite and groom's suite and new restrooms are beautiful! Thank you for hosting our awesome celebration!!!
  • Emily
    Emily W. Married on 01/07/2020

Dreams DO Come True

The Barn on Boundary has it all. I've always had my heart set on a gorgeous barn wedding; I got that and then some. Kristy is such a helpful and interactive vender. She is clearly passionate about the barn and she wants to help you in any way possible. She is like a built in wedding planner. I found my photographer, florist, bartender, and catering through a list of recommendations that she provided. She also gave me a detailed example layout of the rehearsal dinner and wedding day to help things run smoothly. I can't speak enough praise about Kristy. The barn itself is absolutely stunning. I had a large bridal party and we stayed cool on our July wedding in the beautiful and spacious bridal sweet. The restroom facilities were also very nice. My husband and I got amazing pictures around the property and the barn provided the perfect atmosphere to enjoy an intimate dinner and then PARTY on the dance floor afterwards. Our guests loved the open patio. We got married upstairs and my guests raved about how stunning the sun was peaking through the barn cracks. Dreams DO come true at The Barn on Boundary.
    Emily H. Married on 10/05/2019

Book this venue!

The barn, the staff, and Kristy are incredible. I can not capture in words how appreciative my husband and I are to have been married here. My husband and I booked this venue the day we toured because we fell in love with everything about the barn, including the story of how it came to be. Kristy is amazing. She was always accessible via text or email and always quick to respond. Kristy provided us with a list of recommended — but not required — vendors, which was incredibly helpful. We had the barn Friday to Sunday which was such a relief when it came to planning rehearsal dinner, set up, and tear down. Kristy and her staff were also accessible throughout our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception for anything that came up. Our guests commented on the beauty of the barn and property all night. We were even able to give our guests Kristy’s candles as our favor, which were a huge hit. You can not go wrong booking The Barn on Boundary.
    Hannah Married on 08/17/2019

Couldn't ask for better

The Barn on Boundary was the perfect place to have our wedding. We could not have asked for a better venue. Kristy is so wonderful to work with. She always answers questions promptly and is there for YOU, not just to make money off of you. She was the one that held my dress as I went up the stairs to kiss my soon to be husband, and to me, that is special! I loved how helpful, kind, and attentive she was. And let's not forget about that beautiful barn! The Barn on Boundary will not disappoint!
    Brenna Married on 06/29/2019

10/10 full experience!

I lived 2 hours from the Barn on Boundary, but after touring and talking with Kristy the owner, I realized that she does her absolutely best to go above and beyond for what you’re wanting as a bride. I LOVED being able to to have a special space to get ready with my bridesmaids that day. I even rented in round tables (the venue provides rectangular) and Kristy was totally okay with the change! I originally planned to have an outdoor ceremony, but decided last minute to have it upstairs in the barn, but it was great to have the option for me. Honestly could not have asked for a better venue or venue coordinator! All my guests talked about how beautiful the space was and how special the quiet setting is. You won’t regret having your wedding here!!!
    Kaitlynne Married on 05/11/2019

Our wedding day was all we could have wished for at the Barn on Boundary!

The Barn on Boundary is a beautiful venue for a wedding and Kristy makes the whole wedding planning process and wedding day stress free! Kristy was available to us through the whole process and answered all our little random questions right away throughout the whole process and was extremely helpful when planning for decorations. She works with the couple to make all the details of the wedding come together exactly the way the couple wants them to! She treats her couples with so much respect and prioritizes the needs of her couples above her own. The Barn on Boundary is well-kept, very clean, and well-staffed. Kristy and her staff go above and beyond to make sure all needs are met on the wedding day and is present through the whole day to assist with any last minute details to ensure everything goes smoothly. When we met Kristy the first time, we knew immediately that her Barn and her investment in her couples would make our wedding day absolutely perfect and we were so right. We recommend the Barn on Boundary to anyone looking for a rustic venue, you will be very happy about your choice!
  • TAMMY
    Tammy S. Married on 03/30/2019

‘Barn’ Magically Exceeds Expectations

While the barn, itself, is magical, it is Kristy and her staff that make dreams come true. Kristy was continually supportive throughout our wedding planning process: never more than an email away. Kristy was dedicated to ensuring our daughter’s wedding day was perfect....even when unfortunate, unavoidable, situations presented themselves, Kristy immediately went into problem solving mode....protecting us all from any disappointment. Our expectations were high....and they were exceeded at The Barn on Boundary.
    Amber Married on 10/13/2018

Exceptional Barn with Indoor And Outdoor Options and Owner who goes above and beyond!

I had found this barn through Facebook several years before we were engaged and just knew that this was the place I wanted to get married. Kristy has literally thought of everything, from the carefully strung lights to the newly added half of the barn. She is always available for questions and goes above and beyond to ensure that your day turns out to be everything you could want. I am forever grateful for her and her beautiful barn for the day I will remember forever. They both hold a special place in our hearts!
    Miranda Married on 08/18/2018
    The Barn on Boundary is exquisite! Kristy did an amazing job making the barn what it is today. She is so easy to work with! I would have not wanted to get married anywhere else! If you’re looking for a rustic elegant venue, The Barn on Boundary is the place!
  • Z
    Zoee Married on 07/21/2018
    Kristy was absolutely awesome throughout the whole process! She was accommodating, helpful, and made sure the day went on without a hitch! The barn itself is gorgeous, especially with the new bridal suites and bathrooms! All of our guests complimented how awesome the venue was. I would absolutely recommend The Barn on Boundary!
    Shelly Married on 07/07/2018
    Perfect day! Christy Smoot and her team of professionals were phenomenal....they helped set up, etc like members of the family! Going above and beyond to make our daughters wedding wonderful!!!
    Alison Married on 07/07/2018
    I can't say enough good things about Kristy and this venue. She was available and quick to respond with all of my questions while I was planning for our wedding. On the night before the wedding Kristy and her worker Allie helped me and my family bring in all of our decorations (there were a lot!) and helped set up everything! My mother in law ran out of time and setting up and needed help putting flower arrangements together for the ceremony loft and we walk up the stairs and Kristy had them all done and beautiful on all the chairs lining the aisle! I walked into the bridal suite on my wedding day and had a sweet letter from Kristy with cookies and a gift. She literally thinks of everything. She helped make my day flow so easy! Worth every penny :)