The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm Reviews

The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 6
The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 7
  • Tammy

Tammy · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Beautiful barn and property.

I loved the property. Parking is off to the side. Grooms barn and bride has a house to use. Large property. Real barn and great basement and patio. You have the whole weekend to yourself, no weddings overlap.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Rachel Visconti · Married on 08/31/2019

The best day and the best experience

Cannot say enough great things about my experience with Chelsea and James. The venue was absolutely stunning, and they were so helpful the day of and leading up to the wedding. Perfection!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 17
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 18
  • Makenna

Makenna Karnosh · Married on 06/01/2019

Magical, Intimate, and Sweet!!

The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm surpassed our expectations for our June wedding. Venues can be so detached and impersonal, but Chelsea has cultivated a homey and intimate space for her clients to enjoy their big day. From start to finish, The Barn amazed us with their responsiveness, flexibility, and willingness to work with us to make our day exactly what we wanted it to be: family-oriented, warm, inviting, and fun. I firmly believe our wedding would have looked entirely different (in a negative way) had we selected a different venue.

Sent on 07/13/2019
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 19
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 20
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 21
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 22
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2018

A Perfect Wedding Venue

Our wedding at the Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm was such a dream come true! If you're looking for a place with a vintage, rustic feel surrounded by nature, then this is where you need to say "I do." We visited the Barn in October 2017 and walked away knowing it was meant to be. If you would have seen the Barn back then, you might've thought we were crazy because so much work needed to be done! We heard all of Chelsea's visions and knew she had impeccable taste, so we had no doubts.

Choosing a venue where very few couples had gotten married was a big deal to us. It was so much fun watching the Barn transform over the year. Chelsea and James put so much love and care into every decision they made. We loved visiting to see all the changes. Chelsea is also wonderful at responding to emails. I asked so many questions, and she always responded so timely and with so much detail.

Our wedding day was beautiful and perfect. The ladies all got ready in the farmhouse. It is so spacious, and we got to use all the rooms! The wallpaper and décor made for fun photos. The men got ready in the grooms barn, and it’s the best grooms space we have seen! The guys also had fun wandering around the farm during the day. There’s no need to go elsewhere for photos because there are so many great spots on the farm to take all the photos! We especially loved taking photos in the spiral staircase (the staircase was hand-crafted in the old silo!)

Our ceremony was outside on a beautiful fall day under the big tree by the farmhouse. Leaves covered the ground, which made for the perfect setting. Our guests loved all the different spaces at the venue. We had cocktail hour on the patio and in the dairy parlor, and then guests were seated on the main level of the Barn. The mezzanine was used as a lounge area. It was so fun to have so many spaces! The perfect details were put into all the areas. Chelsea has gorgeous vintage furniture that she let us use throughout the Barn.

You can’t go wrong choosing the Barn as your wedding venue. It’s so close to Lake Geneva, so there are plenty of places for guests to stay. I wish we could relive this day over and over. I can’t wait to see what little changes are made each year. Thank you Chelsea and James for helping us celebrate the best day ever! We were so happy to help you close out year #1 at the Barn!

Sent on 01/16/2019
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 23
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 24
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 25
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 26
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 27

jenna · Married on 09/29/2018

You're Family Here!

We used The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farms for our wedding and I couldn't think of a better place to have it! From the first meeting that treat you like family and work with you through the whole process to get exactly what you envision.

Working with Chelsea and James was a breeze, as a bride and wedding planner, as they anticipated many of our needs, questions, and concerns. When our wedding day was hit with a little rain, they were right there (hands on) making sure everything got coordinated seamlessly for our guests.

Don't even get me started on the brides house and grooms barn!! You have to see Chelsea's amazing design/antiquing at work! If you don't think this is the right venue for you, you will after that.

As a planner, I can't wait to get to work with the barn more for that true Midwest "family" environment!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Jeri · Married on 09/22/2018

Very Special Venue

I was a guest at a long time friend's wedding here this last September. This venue is simply very special. While only a relatively short drive from the north shore of Chicago and just minutes from Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, upon arrival it immediately felt like we were transported to another time, separated from any hustle and stress.

The grounds were lush, with amazing huge trees and rolling hills. The barn itself was also stunning and while obviously from the 1800's, retrofitted with just the right modern necessities. I was blown away in particular by an absolutely dramatic spiral staircase in one of the silos and the milking parlor on the lower level with hand hewed beams and cobblestone walls where we had cocktails.

Most important to me is that the bride was extremely happy! A venue is not the only thing contributing to that and not even the most important thing, but this place, its beauty and very caring staff certainly played an important role.

Sent on 11/14/2018

DONNA · Married on 08/04/2018

What a Beautiful venue!! Our daughter was recently married at Wagon Wheel Farm and we could not have been happier! Cocktail hour was on the first level where the beautiful stone walls and old beamed ceiling open up to a nice stone patio. There is a gorgeous spiral staircase in the old silo that connects all three levels. The main level is spacious and rustic. A loft area overlooks the main level and I guess could be used for extra seating. All of our guests raved over the entire day! The owners were also very helpful and attentive to our needs Thank you for a beautiful day!!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/28/2018

I do not know where to begin. My wedding at the Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm was a dream come true. Chelsea and her family and team made every single part of my dream a reality. I loved working so closely with her family, it made everything have such a home-like feel. They all genuinely wanted our day to be special and everything we could ever hope for. So much goes into planning a wedding and Chelsea was more than accommodating. When I first visited the barn in January, there was a LOT of work that needed to be done. Bathrooms needed to be built, a staircase to the mezzanine in the barn, the patio, the grooms quarters. Chelsea shared with us her vision, and we had to visualize in the dead of winter how beautiful everything could be. Something about Chelsea spoke to us, and we decided to take the chance and hope that all the updates and renovations would be finished in time for our big day. And boy am I glad we trusted her, because not only was everything finished in time, but it was WAY above and beyond anything I could have ever expected. After the wedding, some family members told us how hesitant they were about the idea of a barn wedding, and they were all blown away. I could go on and on about how amazing our wedding was at the Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm. They will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 08/03/2018
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 35
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 36
    The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm 37

Stephanie · Married on 07/07/2018

I've been working with Chelsea on a few weddings for this coming season, and I must say that both the level of service and industry knowledge she provides is incomparable. As a local wedding planner, I will say it is tough to find an establishment that boasts this kind of natural beauty and potential that also has owners like Chelsea and James who carry the passion to exceed their clients' expectations and overall expertise that really sets them apart from others. I am beyond excited to work with my couples on their special day at Wagon Wheel Farm this summer... How fortunate they are to find such a gem before the word is out! If looking to be well taken care of at an elegant, natural and charming venue in a beautifully quiet area of town, you are in the right place. I only wish this was available when my husband and I got hitched 4 years ago as it far surpasses our chosen venue!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Shannon · Married on 07/07/2018

I got married at The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm and it was the most amazing experience. The venue alone has so much natural beauty paired with unique rustic character. All of our guests were impressed by the scenery and the charm. It’s truly a one of a kind experience, being so close to the beautiful Lake Geneva, while enjoying the peace and quiet of the countryside. You really get the best of both worlds. The owners, James and Chelsea, truly go above and beyond to make sure your special day is perfect. Chelsea was thorough and quick to answer all of my many questions leading up to the big day. My husband and I are so happy with our choice of venue and would highly recommend The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Nancy · Married on 07/07/2018

I attended a wedding at The Barn at Wagon Wheel Farm this summer and was transported into a world of rustic elegance where every detail was covered. Everything went so smoothly I can only imagine all the work that went on behind the scenes. The barn was just amazing – my favorite feature is the spiral staircase in the silo. The ceremony on the lawn under majestic maple trees was full of joy. The reception in the barn was just beautiful and included a live band. Everyone had so much fun. There is just a special aura that permeates everything at Wagon Wheel Farm. You feel transported back to a simpler time, yet every modern amenity is available.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

Wagon Wheel Farm is a gem. I was lucky enough to be invited to a wedding here and was enchanted from start to finish! The setting is magical and there are so many ways to make your wedding day your own. I loved so many things about this beautiful place, but I will try to stick with the highlights! The ceremony location is stunning and lends itself to the most beautiful lighting and pictures. As a guest, it was so fun to be able to watch the happy couple take their pictures while enjoying the sunset and cocktail hour outside the barn. As the evening went on and it got dark I especially loved the twinkle lights, the hanging lanterns in the big tree, and the bonfire where we made s'mores. It felt like the perfect mixture of summer camp with cocktails. It was romantic and magical and such a lovely memory! You won't ever regret hosting your wedding here.

Sent on 12/04/2017