The Barn at Shady Lane Reviews

The Barn at Shady Lane 5
The Barn at Shady Lane 6
The Barn at Shady Lane 7

Britain · Married on 08/21/2016

I was the planner for a wedding at the barn this past weekend in the ice storm of January 2017! We all started to go into preperation mode as the chacne of ice and snow increased on Friday and Linda was the only vendor that didn't call me to see if we were still having a wedding! Of course we were! When I called HER to check in, she really eased my worries that she too would try to bail on us. In the end, they did everything we asked of them, quickly and prefessionally, and all of our vendors showed up! The barn staff was there to assist all of the vendors if they needed them, as everyone was pulling extra weight since we were in the middle of a winter storm. Oh, and we were very warm in the barn :) Highly suggest this venue for weddings and any other event that you want to be extra special!

Sent on 01/09/2017

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thank you, Britain, for your kind remarks. It was our privilege to serve this wonderful family with you. The weather was rough but the wedding was beautiful and everyone had a blast. Thank you for bringing your Britain Lamon Events expertise from Atlanta to The Barn at Shady Lane.

Karen · Married on 08/21/2016

We love The Barn at Shady Lane! The Adler’s were so sweet and helpful, and they went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and they have so many great options to help make the day easy and to flow smoothly! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Karen,
    We loved working with you!! The wedding was beautiful!

The Barn at Shady Lane was the perfect wedding venue for us! The Adlers were so great to work with and went above and beyond for us. We originally planned to have our ceremony outside and everyone was seated already, but it unfortunately started storming before I walked down the aisle and everyone came inside. The Adlers moved everything around and accommodated an indoor ceremony literally in like ten minutes- it was amazing. As much as I was disappointed not being able to get married outside, the venue is still beautiful inside and all of that disappointment went away once I was walking down the aisle. This could not have happened without them! It is an amazing venue with a gorgeous bridal loft to enjoy all day long. I highly recommend this venue for your special day!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Savannah · Married on 05/29/2016

The Barn at Shady Lane was an extravagant wedding venue. The classy rustic look was just what we were looking for. Mike and Linda were so accommodating and treated us with such kindness. I would suggest this venue to anyone looking for a place to host a wedding or any other type of get together.

Sent on 09/30/2016

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Savannah you were such a beautiful bride! It was our pleasure to serve you

Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2016

The Barn was the perfect venue! The owners helped us so much. You can tell they love what they get to do. The outdoor arbor was perfect for our ceremony and the indoor barn and patios worked great for our springtime wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 12/08/2016

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Jennifer - We have quoted your note many times.
    "You can tell they love what they get to do"
    You have it right. We have been given a gift and want to use it to our fullest. Thanks for noticin'!!
    Michael and Linda Adler
    The Barn at Shady Lane
    ShadyLaneEvents.com

Savannah · Married on 04/23/2016

Our day was absolutely perfect at the Barn at Shady Lane. This venue was a great and convenient location for all of our family and friends to attend, because we did not want them driving far to attend our special day. The Adlers helped make our dream wedding with all of our visions come true at the most reasonable price. The wooden barn, bride's loft, and pond provide the perfect backdrop and scenery for photographs. Our guests loved the atmosphere The Barn provided and especially loved the open dance floor. I wish I could relive this fabulous day over and over again! BEST DAY EVER.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Rachel · Married on 03/19/2016

I loved The Barn- it was perfect and exactly what I wanted for my outdoor wedding! Michael and Linda are as excited for your marriage as you are and helpful in every way. They allow you to truly transform The Barn into whatever your wedding vision is! Our wedding was big and joyous and it went so well. We love this venue!!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Thank you, Rachel!
    It was our privilege to host you on that amazing day!

rebekah · Married on 01/03/2016

Could not have imagined a better venue for our wedding. The entire experience was wonderful, and the barn is perfect for any kind of wedding or event. Wish we could relive the day again!

Sent on 02/16/2016

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks Rebekah! You were such a beautiful bride and we loved sharing this day with you at Shady Lane.

Cathy · Married on 12/19/2015

Having my daughter get married at The Barn at Shady Lane was the perfect place! The Adler's were very helpful, accommodating, and friendly!! I loved everything about the day!

Sent on 12/28/2015

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thank you, Cathy, for the kind note! We enjoyed seeing the love and support of SO many friends who absolutely surrounded you on that amazing day. Thanks for choosing The Barn at Shady Lane!

A fabulous venue for our daughter's wedding reception-The Barn at Shady Lane. The upstairs was a lovely "get ready" spot for the Bride and her Maids as well as a wonderful retreat for the Bride and Groom to catch their breath, have a meal together before greeting their guests. We were able to open both sets of doors which expanded the overall space and yet allowed all to still be a part of the party-hear the band, access to food and other guests.
    Michael and Linda Adler were most accommodating-making recommendations when asked for various vendors, offering to order additional items needed for the reception. I could go on and on - Beautiful accessories, tables, chandelier easy access, plenty of parking, handicap accessible. Gorgeous setting on a large estate-wonderful photo setting.
    It was simply PERFECT. Our daughter and her husband and I and my husband could not have been more pleased!!

Sent on 12/07/2015

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing The Barn at Shady Lane! It was our pleasure to serve you and your guests.

Lauren · Married on 11/06/2015

We had our wedding reception at The Barn at Shady Lane and it couldn't have been more perfect!! The Adlers are just the sweetest couple and so easy to work with! All my guests couldn't believe how beautiful the venue was and our day was incredible!!

Sent on 12/12/2015

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Lauren - You were such a gorgeous bride and it was our privilege to serve you and your family.
    Michael and Linda Adler
    ShadyLaneEvents.com

Neleigh · Married on 08/01/2015

the Barn was absolutely amazing. The Adlers were so sweet and helpful all the way from November when we books all the way to our wedding the next august. They helped so much on the day of to set up and coordinate, and they gave suggestions for venders, but we were free to make our own choices. The facilities were beautiful and clean and flexible. I would 100% recommend the Barn to anyone!

Thank you, Neleigh!

Julie · Married on 08/01/2015

The moment I saw this venue, I knew that it would be perfect for my daughters wedding. After speaking with Linda Adler, my first impression was confirmed and we booked The Barn. Michael and Linda Adler were wonderful to work with! Although they were unable to be at my daughter's wedding, their substitutes were great. The Adler's sons where a huge help in setting up, parking cars, and cleaning up. Everything ran so smoothly. The outdoor venue was beautiful, the barn was spectacular, and the weather could not have been more perfect. When my other 2 kids get married, this is the first place I will go to and just hope they are not booked! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Julie,
    Thanks so much for your kind words! We'll be watching for your call when the next wedding rolls around. :)
    Gratefully
    Michael and Linda
    The Barn at Shady Lane

Brandon · Married on 07/24/2015

My time spent at The Barn at Shady Lane was great! Being able to work with great venues that provide excellent service makes my job as a Dj & MC so much better. I hope to work with more brides there in the near future! Feel The Beat Entertainment backs The Barn at Shady Lane any day. You should book your wedding there

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks so much, Brandon! Hope to see you back at Shady Lane again soon.

Amanda · Married on 06/05/2015

Wonderful venue. Linda is absolutely amazing! I would recommend to everyone for every occasion.

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks Amanda! Yes, Linda is INDEED amazing! - michael (Linda's husband)

Scott · Married on 05/31/2015

The Adlers and the Barn at Shady Lane made our wedding day very special. The Barn allowed Brittany's wedding to be exactly what she/we had planned and prayed for. With all the location options available for a wedding, we are glad we discovered the Barn at Shady Lane. Start to finish it was the ideal location to host our wedding.

We love the Lennings!!

Linda and Michael were SO helpful with our wedding reception. We booked the venue before it was completely finished and we loved everything about the final product! They made set-up and break-down so easy for us. Were very flexible in meeting us out there when we needed for planning purposes. Great venue!

Sent on 06/09/2015

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thank you for believing in us from the very beginning!

Katie · Married on 04/18/2015

The Barn at Shady Lane is BEAUTIFUL! I love the new patio they added to the back and they bridal loft upstairs was perfect for me and the bridesmaids to get ready in and even more beautiful for pictures! Michael and Linda (the owners of the barn) are so nice and attentive. They were constantly checking in to see if we needed anything and were very accommodating. WONDERFUL experience here!!

Sent on 04/30/2015

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Katie, you were a wonderful bride!!

Julie · Married on 03/28/2015

Wonderful wedding reception venue. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Thank you, Julie!
  • W

WENDY · Married on 02/28/2015

We originally found this event venue as it was being built. Our son (the groom) saw it several times when he would play golf at Oxmoor Valley that is across the street. He was engaged and had been looking for a place for us to host the wedding reception. When the sign was posted that it would be open soon for weddings/events, we made an appointment to go and visit it. It was beautiful. An upscale barn location with a huge chandelier and lighting for an elegant rustic/glam look. We booked immediately. We adored Michael and Linda Adler - the owners. They were an energetic and very helpful couple that helped us plan our event. They were always quick to answer by email or phone and gave us so much input and helpful information to make our reception a success. We are so happy we found this place and the wonderful owners and it made for a very special day.

Sent on 03/16/2015

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

And you, Wendy, were the perfect Mother of the Groom! Thanks for the wonderful review.

The Barn at Shady Lane was an AMAZING venue for our daughter's wedding! Our entire family and all of our vendors were extremely impressed with the beauty and warmth of this venue. We originally looked at The Barn as a wedding reception location, but we quickly made the decision to host the wedding ceremony also at The Barn. One of the highest compliments came from one of my coworkers who said, "You know I really felt like I was in a little, country church. God's presence was definitely in that place." The ceremony was lovely and intimate. The fellowship shared by our families and wedding party in the Bridal Loft prior to the service was a time I will always treasure. My deepest appreciation, however, is for Michael and Linda Adler! They are PHENOMENAL hosts!! I'm still not quite sure how they do everything they do. They were always happy to meet with us, offer suggestions, accommodate our needs, valet park cars for us, direct traffic, etc,-- and always with huge smiles on their faces! I cannot say enough about our positive experience with The Barn at Shady Lane!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Carol · Married on 12/27/2014

Over the top service. The Folks at Shady Lane were gracious and kind and professional. I will recommend them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/29/2014

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thank you, Carol! LillieJane Florist is one of our favorites!

Absolutely fantastic venue. Every inch is beautiful (and provide for dreamy photos), Michael and Linda are not only extremely helpful and professional, but also warm and gracious. Even pouring rain didn't squelch an awesome day for the bride and her family and guests - and me, her photographer.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Sarah · Married on 12/27/2014

Linda and Michael were so great to work with. They were very professional yet kept a cool vibe running throughout the event so that nothing felt unmanageable and everything was joyful. It was never difficult to get something we needed and they were always easy to reach. They seemed to genuinely enjoy providing a place for people to make memories. The venue itself was absolutely stunning. The bridal loft was one of the most gorgeous rooms I've ever seen, straight out of a vintage chic magazine.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Steve · event on 12/13/2014

Having hosted Christmas parties for our leadership for years, this was by far the best venue we have come across. The setting as beautiful and fit our needs perfectly. The staff of "The Barn at Shady Lane" have amazing hearts. They served our gathering with excellence. We would not hesitate to book this venue again in the future!

Sent on 12/23/2014