The Barn at Shady Lane Reviews

80 | Bessemer, AL

80 Reviews for The Barn at Shady Lane

Emma G. · Getting married on 07/07/2021

Beautiful venue with incredible owners!!

We could go on and on about how incredible The Barn at Shady Lane is!! Both their outdoor and indoor ceremony options were built with weddings in mind, and offer a wonderful weather plan for peace of mind. Their new back patio extension was everyone's favorite. Linda and Michael were flexible and patient with us throughout the uncertainties of the COVID season, and were professional to work with. Every detail of their venue was carefully thought out from the bridal loft, to the groom's house, the details of the barn, and on-site parking. We are so thankful that we were able to have TWO wedding days with them. They are beautiful people to work with and truly love what they do!!

Sent on 10/23/2020

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Emma Grace- Your wedding was perfect. You looked so beautiful and so happy!! Thank you for coming to Shady Lane! We were honored to be a part of your special day.

Danielle · Married on 06/13/2020

They are awesome!

They will work with you and makes sure they recommend vendors that fit your budget. Very friendly and helpful! Linda is great!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Danielle,
    We enjoyed every minute of your wedding-from the planning to the final exit! Thank you so much for allowing us to host your amazing day!
  • Claire

Claire W. · Married on 12/22/2019

Look no further!

There are no words to describe how special this place is! Michael and Linda are truly wonderful to work with! Everything was beautiful, communication was so easy, and they helped make the night go so smoothly!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Claire,
    Your wedding was absolutely stunning! Oh my gosh- your dress! Thank you for choosing Shady Lane. Come by for a visit.
    Linda
  • Abbie

Abbie · Married on 12/21/2019

Fantastic!

The the Barn at Shady Lane is by far one of the best venues in Birmingham. The only word I could use to describe our experience is wonderful. The Adler’s are so amazing and super helpful, and they will do anything to make your day perfect. Our wedding went off without a hitch and the day was amazing!

Sent on 01/01/2020

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks for the kind note Abbie! Your smiling face filled Shady Lane w joy all day long! Thank you for choosing Shady Lane and may your new year be filled with new adventures, new wisdom and new life.

Lauren P. · Married on 12/07/2019

Recommending to everyone!

The Barn at Shady Lane was beyond my wildest dreams for a wedding venue. They are so sweet and made sure we had everything we needed for our big day. It was a gorgeous venue inside and out! It had everything we wanted and more. Will definitely be suggesting this to anyone looking for a venue.

Sent on 01/05/2020

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Lauren - Thanks so much for the kind words! You were such a gorgeous bride and your pictures ... wow! We loved hosting your amazing day!

Ryan S. · Married on 11/09/2019

Best Day of my Life

Michael and Linda made sure that everything about the venue looked and felt perfect for our wedding day. My wife and I didn't have to worry about a thing. They even made sure to monitor the driveway for late arrivals and halt them so they wouldn't disturb the ceremony. Can't recommend the Barn at Shady Lane enough.

Sent on 01/10/2020

Angela T. · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing venue!

The Adlers are the most amazing people to work with! They want to make your day perfect and ensure it’s everything you wanted it to be. They are always available to answer questions and help out whenever possible. It was the most wonderful day!

Sent on 01/21/2020

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Wow Angela! You are so kind. We looked at some of your gorgeous wedding photos again today and just gushed over every detail. Thank you for trusting us, for carefully choosing the right vendors to join you and for stopping to say Thanks. It means a lot. Blessings to you!

Brooke H. · Married on 08/23/2019

OUTSTANDING venue, owners, and staff!!!

Everything was perfect!!! The owners and their crew are amazing and super sweet. They had everything flipped from the ceremony to the reception in no time. Very efficient and professional people!!! Working closely with them while planning a wedding is so much fun. Thank you for the best day ever Shady Lane 💕

Sent on 01/14/2020

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Broooooooke!! We loved hosting you at Shady Lane! You were such a gorgeous bride and that pic of you and your sweet Dad, wow! Thanks so much for bringing it all to Shady Lane!

Morgan C. · Married on 06/02/2019

Perfection

I can not express how amazing the Barn at Shady Lane is! We could not have picked a better place to get married!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks for sharing the Shady Lane love ... and excitement ... and passion!! You made us smile and it was our privilege to serve you. Blessings to you as you start this new chapter!
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 02/14/2019

The best in the bizz

Seriously Linda and her team work magic I could not have asked for a more smooth room flip, everything about the venue is amazing, great details and so much love and
    thought put into each wedding, thankful for you guys and making our day the best day of our life !!!!!

Photos by: The Wippler’s Photo Co.

Sent on 01/13/2020

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, Summer! Your wedding was Boho at its Best and we loved hosting your team of super vendors! Your photos are also sooooo good. :) (Thank you to husband and wife photo duo The Whipplers for bringing the vibe!)

Cara · Married on 12/08/2018

Definitely recommend this place!

The Barn at Shady Lane served a dream come true wedding for me and husband! The service, quality, and flexibility was awesome. Linda always responded and provided advice promptly! It's a gorgeous place!

Sent on 01/04/2019

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks for the good word, Cara! You were such a bright light and we loved serving you on your magical day!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Wonderful!

My wedding at The Barn at Shady Lane was nothing short of amazing! The Barn was absolutely beautiful and gives a rustic elegance vibe. Our guests were in awe of the gorgeous venue. Our ceremony and reception took place inside the barn and we were a little uneasy about the “flip” and the time it would take to transition. The “flip” went SO smoothly and quickly all thanks to Michael & Linda Adler, and their wonderful team!! The Adler’s are great at communicating and help to work out every detail to the best of their ability to make sure your day is perfect! I cannot say enough great things about this venue and their team!

Sent on 01/04/2019

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Ashley - You were such a stunning bride and we loved being a part of your amazing day! Thanks for the kind note.
  • Brittany

Brittany W. · Married on 10/27/2018

Ceremony/Reception Venue

The Barn at Shady Lane was INCREDIBLE!! Linda and Michael were so sweet and so involved in every step of the planning process! Linda had so many amazing ideas and honestly just wanted to make our day one to remember! I knew that they were going to handle anything and everything! The venue itself, without any decorations, was absolutely stunning!! I loved every minute of our wedding day and The Barn at Shady Lane played such a huge role in making our day perfect!!!!

Sent on 02/24/2019

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Brittany - Thanks so much for the kind words! You were a delightful and beautiful bride and we loved hosting you on your wonderful day!
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 10/19/2018

Dream wedding in every way!

Cannot day enough great things about Shady Lane. My wedding was in October and was absolutely gorgeous and everything I dreamed of. Michael and Linda were wonderful to work with and made the planning experience easy and fun. Wish I could relive that special day at such a special place!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Beth,
    Thank you for choosing Shady Lane! Your wedding was absolutely perfect! What a dress- stunning.
    Linda

Meredith A. · Married on 09/08/2018

Most Magical Day of my LIFE!

My husband and I got married on the most beautiful day in September at The Barn at Shady Lane. During the process of planning, I never had any worry about the venue or whether or not my expectations would not be met. Even to this day, I am blown away at the quality of service and how above and beyond Michael and Linda go to make each day special for every bride. Get married here and I guarantee it will be MAGICAL!

Sent on 12/29/2019

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

MAGICAL indeed! Meredith it was our joy to serve you and your handsome husband, Jake. You were SUCH a gorgeous bride and the vendors you chose ROCKED IT! M. Elizabeth Events, Kathy G, Daughters Baking, Cocoon Silk Ribbon, Lillie Jane Florists, Allison Naylor Photographer. Way to GO!!
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 07/28/2018

The Barn at Shady Lane is such an amazing venue! It is absolutely beautiful and the Alders are such sweet people and so wonderful to work with! The land around the barn is perfect for pictures and the inside is gorgeous all on its own. All of our guests raved about the simplicity and beauty of the venue. It was the perfect size to hold all 275 of our guests for our ceremony and then when it was flipped for our reception there was still ample room for everyone with a band and a dance floor. The staff at the barn are so helpful and they helped make our wedding day an absolute dream!! We would recommend this venue time and time again!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Caitlin-
    Thank you for your sweet comments! Your wedding was absolutely perfect. All the best to you!

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2018

I could not have dreamed up how perfect the Barn at Shady Lane was for our wedding reception. I fell in love with the venue during our first walk through and knew that it was the place I wanted our reception to be. We had close to 450 guests and the Adlers were truly AMAZING to work with, they were so accommodating not only to us but all of our guests! My husband and I have gotten so may compliments on how nice the barn was and how smoothly our reception seemed to flow. My family and my husbands family can not thank Mr. Michael and Mrs. Linda enough for making our wedding reception truly magical. The Adlers went above and beyond with every little thing that we needed and they were there to help at all stages of the planning process! I would highly recommend this place for any event!!

Sent on 04/05/2018

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Ashley - What a BLAST we had hosting your wonderful family on that amazing day! Thank you for the kind words and for trusting us with the day you made your vows. Blessings to you and your groom!

Kayla · Married on 05/05/2018

The Barn at Shady Lane was the most amazing place to get married. Everything went so smooth the day of. I could not have asked for a better venue. Not only is the place beautiful, Linda and Michael are so easy to work with. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 05/20/2018

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thank you Kayla! You are delightful! Blessings to you in your new life of marriage!

Kyndall · Married on 04/21/2018

The barn at Shady Lane was amazing! We got so many compliments on our venue and how beautiful it was. The Adlers were so easy and wonderful to work with! They are very sweet and very helpful. We enjoyed every minute of our wedding day and we wouldn’t change a single thing about it!

Sent on 05/20/2018

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thank you Kyndall! It was a pleasure serving you and your wonderful family!

Anna C. · Married on 01/06/2018

Having my wedding day at the Barn at Shady Lane was truly the most wonderful experience any bride could ever ask for. From Michael and Linda Adlers involvement, genuine love and support, and overall engagement with the entire day, it couldn’t have been more perfect. The venue itself was spectacular. Every little detail came together in creating the most breathtaking place to exchange vows, cry happy tears, and dance the night away. From the band, large dance floor, beautiful extended patio, and bridal loft, there was more than enough room to relax and dance with family and friends for hours. From the moment I arrived, to the moment I departed with my new husband, every moment was perfect and truly front the Lord. He was present at every moment and it was truly breathtaking!

Sent on 01/29/2018

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Wooooo Hooooo!!! We are still cheering you on from Shady Lane! Thank you for trusting us with the opportunity to serve you on that very best day ever. Thanks also for helping spread the Shady Lane love!!

Kelsey · Married on 10/20/2017

The Barn at Shady Lane is the perfect place for anyone to get married! They took care of everything on the day of the wedding and we didn’t have to worry about clean up or set up which was a huge relief. Linda always responded to any text in a timely manner and was always willing to answer any questions and help us in any way that she could. The venue is beautiful whether you get married inside or outside. The Barn was plenty big for my 275 guests and the patio is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much The Barn At Shady Lane for making my day perfect!!

Sent on 12/23/2017

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Kelsey, What a GORGEOUS bride you were and what a pleasure it was for us to serve you and your guests! Thank you for the kind review and for the beautiful pictures. Blessings to you on this first Christmas as Mr and Mrs!

Bert · Married on 10/09/2017

Linda and Michael were among the most fabulous vendors we dealt with in our wedding planning. They were so sweet and personable at every turn, and from an accommodation and professionalism perspective we couldn't have asked for more. The astronomical building and service quality mixed with the warm and non-corporate vibe of our experience at the Barn made us feel really lucky, as we didn't really know that much until after we hurriedly selected the venue.

The one tiny thing that was tough was - administratively and NOT cost wise - dealing with all the innumerable feeling add-ons. I think every place probably does this but I also think an all inclusive rate would have been nice and we would have paid it!

This venue is great and fills up fast. If you are fortunate enough to get a date your day will be great.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2017

Michael and Linda are the best to work with! I was supposed to get married outside and then a hurricane popped up so we had to move inside. They made the transition for me so easy!! Thanks for everything! It was the best day ever!

Sent on 12/12/2017

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thank you Kelly!! When Plan B turns out as beautiful as Plan A, all is well!! So glad you came to Shady Lane!

Heather · Married on 08/26/2017

The Barn at Shady Lane could not have been more perfect for our August ceremony and reception. The Adler's were so wonderful to work with. They were always quick in getting back to me and were available to help with every aspect. They were flexible in working with me when we had some time changes for bridal portraits. I knew throughout our engagement that we were in good hands working with the Adler's and the Barn.

Sent on 01/11/2018

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Thanks Heather for the kind note! It was our pleasure to serve you!

Claire · Married on 08/19/2017

The Barn at Shady Lane is truly the best wedding venue in Birmingham! We chose to celebrate our day at the Barn because Michael and Linda were so amazing to work with. The turned our dreams into a reality by letting us have all of the vendors that we wanted for our special day! They were so accommodating with every request, especially all of the last minute ones that come up with wedding planning. They always responded quickly and eased any anxiety or questions that we had along the way. We got so many compliments on how beautiful our venue was and how wonderful the whole day went because of Michael and Linda's support! We are at the age where all of our friends are getting married as well, and this venue has by far exceeded all of the other experiences I have been through with friends' weddings! We loved working with the Adlers, loved the venue, and can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/15/2017

The Barn at Shady Lane's reply:

Claire! Wow! Can you write one of these every week! :) Seriously you and your friends and fam were really fun to serve and we are delighted that you were delighted. Blessings to you both as you start this wonderful new chapter.