The Barn At Hawks Point Reviews

16 | Anderson, IN

16 Reviews for The Barn At Hawks Point

Ana F · Married on 10/21/2018

Perfect for us

Excellent value for a great place!

Jacki S · Married on 07/21/2018

So Pretty!

We really wanted an outdoor space that was naturally beautiful, along with an indoor reception area that would be pretty and keep everyone comfortable no matter the weather... and this barn was everything we had hoped for! Owners were easy to work with and always ready with to answer questions. We could not have asked for more!

Tina · Married on 05/23/2017

I loved the barn and my wedding day was PERFECT and the barn was exactly what we both had wanted. If I could change one thing I would want to be able to have it the night before for not such a large fee. A lot of the places we looked at got it the night before within the paid fee and the day of you had more time to enjoy the day. However, the barn doesn't need much since it is so beautiful it was just stressful for my now husband to set up while I got ready. Other than that the barn has everything a bride could want and is actually one of VERY FEW barns with indoor plumbing! My day was perfect and I would recommend the barn to every bride I know!!!

Michelle · Married on 05/20/2017

The Hawks Point Event Staff were professional, courteous, and their assistance on the day of my daughter's wedding was invaluable.

Heather · Married on 10/08/2016

We had a great experience, working with Karen and her Team at the Barn! Prior to our event, tables and chairs were set-up by the team. The day of, there were people on-site, to help us rearrange any tables, move barrels, decor, etc. After a long day, it's wonderful to have minimal work! Cleaning is included in the price of the venue. Friends and family agreed that it was a beautiful place to hold our reception. Glad we could kick off the season on such a beautiful Spring day!!

• Rayona

Rayona · Married on 09/03/2016

Karen is the sweetest person in the world. She was so helpful and never hesitated when I had a question or needed information. We booked our date last year and were immediately in love. Ever since then she has added so much more to the venue. The barn is gorgeous and already beautifully decorated. Karen and her daughter truly care about the bride, groom, and their families and want to help make your day the best. You are allowed to pick your own vendors which made our choice even easier. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. I am extremely excited to get married in just a few weeks!

Kelsey · Married on 07/16/2016

The Barn at Hawks Point was absolutely wonderful! We were able to bring in our own vendors, and didn't feel like we were spending too much money! We love this faith-based venue, and have had nothing but compliments on how beautiful and fun our wedding was! If you want a space that you can let guests spread out and do their own thing, this is your best bet! We absolutely adored our venue!

The Barn at Hawks Point was a SPECTACULAR venue for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception! The barn and surrounding property is absolutely beautiful, especially if you're looking for a rustic & elegant setting. The owners were extremely accommodating to our needs and desires and made the entire process very smooth. We also appreciated the flexibility to be able to choose our own vendors. Our family and friends who attended the wedding could not stop commenting on how beautiful the reception was, both inside the barn as well as outside, with the expansive and gorgeous property! We would highly recommend The Barn at Hawks Point to any future bride and groom!

dawn · Married on 05/01/2016

We LOVED the Barn at Hawks Point. It was great to be able to choose our own vendors. We had plenty of time for set up the day of the event. Everything was organized and ran as expected.

Beautiful location very close to Indy! The barn is completely amazing. We loved the extras including table decorations that helped make our wedding perfect. Karen was amazing and the open vendor policy helped us pick the right caterer and entertainment for our taste and budget.

Kerri · Married on 09/20/2015

This was the wedding venue of my dreams! It was gorgeous inside and out! After looking at other places this one was so reasonable and so perfect for a country rustic wedding!

The moment I walked on the property, I knew this is where I had to get married. The barn is gorgeous and already beautifully decorated. The property is hidden from the road athat makes it feel like your own sanctuary. The owners are very friendly and helpful people. They have a real interest in the bride, groom, and their families. They want your day to be the best day and they are thrilled to be a part of it. You are allowed to pick your own vendors, which is great when you already have some picked out. My fiancé went on facility tours with me but he never really got into them until we found The Barn at Hawks Point. They treat their brides so well that most of them have left things behind for othersure to use. You feel a great sense of community and togetherness when you are at their site. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. You get so much when you choose The Barn at Hawks Point and you will fall in love instantly. We are so thrilled with our decision, and we are glad they decided to pick us to be a part of their memories.

The Barn was a perfect place to get married! They had multiple outside options as well as the inside of the Barn as a back up. Karen was so helpful and flexible with us as we needed extra time to set up and extra times to come see it as it was finished and getting closer to our date. She was genuinely excited for our special day.

Brooke · Married on 11/03/2018

3.0

One of the best nights ever

Amazing staff friendly helpful

Richard · Married on 10/01/2016

2.8
      2.0

Be sure to read the contract carefully....overtime fees are extravagant and begin right on the minute.. No compassion for customer, example.... when weather conditions impair your clean up......charged for mud on trash can lids caused by rain on the property. Insufficient outdoor lighting for night cleanup.

Liz · Married on 10/27/2018

1.2

Wedding Venue

First off let me say, this place is very pretty. My fiancé, now husband, were very excited when we found it, but I DEEPLY REGRET choosing this as our venue! It was in our price range and the owners seemed nice and flexible. We were very wrong about that. The owners, a mother and daughter team, are not flexible in the least. If you have a meeting with a vendor at the location you have one hour. No more. Even if they are on the property they will not open the gates for you to even enter the lot, until your appointment time. I can’t tell you how pushy and rude the mother was to my family and vendors once our time was up at our meetings to look over the location together. One instance in particular when I was meeting with my caterer there, we weren’t even at the hour mark, it had been 45 minutes and the mother was rushing us out because her daughter had an appointment. I will say both are grown adults who can drive themselves so it was an odd thing to say to get us out faster.

There are many hidden charges and fees. They do pretend there are not, but there are. I have many examples. If you want extra chairs so your guests don’t have to carry their chairs in, fee. If you want to get in the barn earlier, fee. If you have them reissue your deposit after the wedding because you moved, fee. They did everything they could to charge us fees. They are money hungry.

The bridal room where you can get ready looks good when you’re first looking everything over, but when you actually get ready in there it’s another story. There are no hooks for any dresses. Not one. Luckily someone who was helping us set up had a contraption we could put on the door so I could hang my wedding dress up. Otherwise there was a small mirror they hung that had 4 hooks on it. But they were about stomach height, so they weren’t good for hanging bridesmaids dresses or my dress. It would have been on the floor in front of the door for everyone to trample when they walked in and out.

The night of the rehearsal there were string lights that weren’t working and bugs in the tule fabric that was draped. When my mother in law emailed them to address it, they responded that it was too short of notice. That was just icing on the cake. It’s their job to keep up on their facility. You pay a good amount to rent the space and that kind of a response is unacceptable. It should have been in a tip top shape.

As a bride you have so much to stress about and worry about. Your venue shouldn’t have to be this stressful. Take my advice, and choose a different location. The management style here is not enjoyable and makes the venue process not fun at all. Have some fun and work with people that actually respect you and are excited to help you plan and execute your big day without a hitch!

Sent on 11/25/2018

The Barn At Hawks Point's reply:

It is always disappointing to hear that despite best efforts, a bride is unhappy. In addition to the venue tour, Liz was actually on site four more times for planning purposes over a seven month period. She was welcome to visit every weekend during our open times, however chose not to do so. We do our best to keep the 13 acre property and traditional, wood built barn in excellent condition, employing professional cleaners after every event. Perfection is not something anyone is able to promise, and we operate knowing that we've done all we can to satisfy our clients and make their day a beautiful one.