The Barn At Hawks Point Reviews

26 | Anderson, IN

26 Reviews for The Barn At Hawks Point

Taylor S · Married on 02/10/2020

A great choice

Budget was an issue for us, but we also wanted someplace classy and elegant. Hawks Point fit our needs perfectly!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Molly H · Married on 09/29/2019

Lovely venue and lovely people

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! Karen and her staff were extremely flexible. They helped make my wedding day so special. I wouldn't have wanted my wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Gia C. · Married on 09/11/2019

Excellent!

Hawks Point was the perfect place! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Sera Row · Married on 07/19/2019

Wonderful!

So glad we found this venue. Stunning property and barn, with all the conveniences you could ask for!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Alan Rinehart · Married on 06/21/2019

Picture perfect venue

Hawks Point was perfect! From the first visit we knew that you his was the place for our special day. The owner has literally thought of everything! Our wedding was awesome and our guests were extremely complimentary of the venue. The barn was comfortable and the grounds were immaculate! You can’t go wrong with Hawks Point!

Marie · Married on 05/31/2019

Best Venue for Wedding

This venue is PERFECT for a wedding. So many amazing picture opportunities. Love the modern amenities, parking right outside, beautiful outdoor ceremony location and more. They should charge more for what you get.

Ana F · Married on 10/21/2018

Perfect for us

Excellent value for a great place!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Jacki S · Married on 07/21/2018

So Pretty!

We really wanted an outdoor space that was naturally beautiful, along with an indoor reception area that would be pretty and keep everyone comfortable no matter the weather... and this barn was everything we had hoped for! Owners were easy to work with and always ready with to answer questions. We could not have asked for more!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Lana Thompson · Married on 07/08/2017

Super clean facility, well organized staff

Our daughter's wedding reception was flawless at the Barn at Hawks Point. The entire property and facilities were clean and well maintained. There was ample parking, and someone from the organization was always on site if we had questions. Karen and her staff are very organized and pay attention to all the details. She had a list of reputable vendors that we could use if we didn't already have someone scheduled, or if one of our vendors backed out. I have been to a few weddings and receptions at other barn types of facilities, and this was by far the best. It didn't smell musty and dirty as others did. The big doors open up, and we had a nice breeze the whole evening.

There are so many details to worry about when planning a wedding. Don't hesitate to work with Karen and her staff at the Barn at Hawks Point. They take care of the details so you can, check one of the biggest items off your list and not even worry about whether or not the venue will be nice and clean. Their calendar fills up quickly, so plan ahead. You won't regret having your celebration here!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Tina · Married on 05/23/2017

I loved the barn and my wedding day was PERFECT and the barn was exactly what we both had wanted. If I could change one thing I would want to be able to have it the night before for not such a large fee. A lot of the places we looked at got it the night before within the paid fee and the day of you had more time to enjoy the day. However, the barn doesn't need much since it is so beautiful it was just stressful for my now husband to set up while I got ready. Other than that the barn has everything a bride could want and is actually one of VERY FEW barns with indoor plumbing! My day was perfect and I would recommend the barn to every bride I know!!!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/20/2017

The Hawks Point Event Staff were professional, courteous, and their assistance on the day of my daughter's wedding was invaluable.

Sent on 05/27/2017

Jackie · Married on 04/15/2017

Great experience

Would recommend to any bride!!

Sarah Turner · Married on 02/05/2017

Highly Recommend this Location

WOW! I cannot tell you how incredible this place is and the staff is wonderful as well. The coordinator really cared about our experience and communicated whenever we needed anything. If you are considering a wedding venue in Anderson, please consider the Barn at Hawks Point, you will not regret it.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Heather · Married on 10/08/2016

We had a great experience, working with Karen and her Team at the Barn! Prior to our event, tables and chairs were set-up by the team. The day of, there were people on-site, to help us rearrange any tables, move barrels, decor, etc. After a long day, it's wonderful to have minimal work! Cleaning is included in the price of the venue. Friends and family agreed that it was a beautiful place to hold our reception. Glad we could kick off the season on such a beautiful Spring day!!

Sent on 04/11/2017
  • Rayona

Rayona · Married on 09/03/2016

Karen is the sweetest person in the world. She was so helpful and never hesitated when I had a question or needed information. We booked our date last year and were immediately in love. Ever since then she has added so much more to the venue. The barn is gorgeous and already beautifully decorated. Karen and her daughter truly care about the bride, groom, and their families and want to help make your day the best. You are allowed to pick your own vendors which made our choice even easier. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. I am extremely excited to get married in just a few weeks!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/16/2016

The Barn at Hawks Point was absolutely wonderful! We were able to bring in our own vendors, and didn't feel like we were spending too much money! We love this faith-based venue, and have had nothing but compliments on how beautiful and fun our wedding was! If you want a space that you can let guests spread out and do their own thing, this is your best bet! We absolutely adored our venue!

Sent on 05/13/2017

The Barn at Hawks Point was a SPECTACULAR venue for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception! The barn and surrounding property is absolutely beautiful, especially if you're looking for a rustic & elegant setting. The owners were extremely accommodating to our needs and desires and made the entire process very smooth. We also appreciated the flexibility to be able to choose our own vendors. Our family and friends who attended the wedding could not stop commenting on how beautiful the reception was, both inside the barn as well as outside, with the expansive and gorgeous property! We would highly recommend The Barn at Hawks Point to any future bride and groom!

Sent on 05/24/2016

dawn · Married on 05/01/2016

We LOVED the Barn at Hawks Point. It was great to be able to choose our own vendors. We had plenty of time for set up the day of the event. Everything was organized and ran as expected.

Sent on 04/16/2017

Beautiful location very close to Indy! The barn is completely amazing. We loved the extras including table decorations that helped make our wedding perfect. Karen was amazing and the open vendor policy helped us pick the right caterer and entertainment for our taste and budget.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Kerri · Married on 09/20/2015

This was the wedding venue of my dreams! It was gorgeous inside and out! After looking at other places this one was so reasonable and so perfect for a country rustic wedding!

Sent on 04/19/2017

The moment I walked on the property, I knew this is where I had to get married. The barn is gorgeous and already beautifully decorated. The property is hidden from the road athat makes it feel like your own sanctuary. The owners are very friendly and helpful people. They have a real interest in the bride, groom, and their families. They want your day to be the best day and they are thrilled to be a part of it. You are allowed to pick your own vendors, which is great when you already have some picked out. My fiancé went on facility tours with me but he never really got into them until we found The Barn at Hawks Point. They treat their brides so well that most of them have left things behind for othersure to use. You feel a great sense of community and togetherness when you are at their site. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. You get so much when you choose The Barn at Hawks Point and you will fall in love instantly. We are so thrilled with our decision, and we are glad they decided to pick us to be a part of their memories.

Sent on 12/29/2015

The Barn was a perfect place to get married! They had multiple outside options as well as the inside of the Barn as a back up. Karen was so helpful and flexible with us as we needed extra time to set up and extra times to come see it as it was finished and getting closer to our date. She was genuinely excited for our special day.

Sent on 02/13/2016

Brooke · Married on 11/03/2018

3.0

One of the best nights ever

Amazing staff friendly helpful

Sent on 11/28/2018

Richard · Married on 10/01/2016

2.8
      2.0

Be sure to read the contract carefully....overtime fees are extravagant and begin right on the minute.. No compassion for customer, example.... when weather conditions impair your clean up......charged for mud on trash can lids caused by rain on the property. Insufficient outdoor lighting for night cleanup.

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Wojo · Married on 09/14/2019

3.0

Think twice before booking

First off let me start by saying the grounds are beautiful and definitely a great setting for a smaller wedding like ours. We had 80 people are felt like it was the perfect size for our event.

I do have a couple of cons I would like to share....
    1). You can only visit the property one date per month (always on a Sunday) for 1 hour. At the beginning this was fine, but as it got closer to the wedding date, there are so many small details to take into account that 1 hour, once a month is not ideal for this. The Sunday TWO WEEKS BEFORE MY WEDDING, my mother and I were practically pushed out because we had reached our hour limit. The mother and daughter team running this take their time very seriously (not really caring about the people who are spending quite a bit of money to rent this) and are only concerned with closing up shop at their exact specified time, not a moment after.
    2). They don't open the gates early, EVER. If you have an appointment at 1:00 on a Sunday, don't show up until 1:05. They won't open the gates a few minutes before. Almost every time I or my family went there, we were sitting outside the gate until the exact time. I find this extremely unprofessional and not a great way to do business.
    3). On the day of my wedding, the coordinator who was supposed to be on site was no where to be found. As we were setting up, we had several questions, but couldn't find anyone to answer them. Again, very unprofessional. The person on site should be visible in case a question needs answered. I should not have to go searching the property to find the staff.
    4). If you want to schedule your rehearsal the night before, you will pay extra. They have all rehearsals scheduled for the Thursday before. Again, not ideal if you have out of town people as part of your wedding party.

Overall, I am extremely disappointed with the level of service we received and if I had to do it over again, I would not choose to have my wedding here. The grounds are beautiful, but there aren't enough positives to outweigh these negatives.

Sent on 09/19/2019

The Barn At Hawks Point's reply:

It is rare that a client's review completely surprises us, but this one surely did. What a powerful thing the internet is, but we can't help feeling that had we been given the chance to understand your dissatisfaction over the many months leading up to your event, we could have tried to help. Nonetheless we do wish you all the very best.