The Baker's Box Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Lisa S. Married on 10/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mara was great to work with.

The cake was not only beautiful but delicious as well. She also made gluten-free dairy free cupcakes for those of us with food allergies that were out of this world!
    Donna M. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

All of the guests loved the cake...Amazing!!!

The pastry chef created a cake that was exactly what we had envisioned, and it was absolutely amazing!!! We had so many guests that said that they don't usually like wedding cake but loved this one. The icing was so light and creamy and not overpoweringly sweet like most wedding cake icing is. Thank you Baker's Box!!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Ash
    Ash W. Married on 09/10/2021

Our Cake was Divine!

Choosing The Baker’s Box for our wedding cake was one of the best decisions we made! Everything about the experience was first rate (the tasting, the communication, the delivery and, of course, the cake itself). Mara is one of the kindest humans you will ever meet, and her cakes taste like heaven on Earth. We chose chocolate with buttercream frosting, and she adorned it with some of our flowers. It was simple yet extraordinary. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about it!
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne H. Married on 09/04/2021

Amazing! Delicious!

Mara was amazing to work with! We had so many compliments on our beautiful wedding cake!
  • Nancy
    Nancy M. Married on 07/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Baker's Box - Wonderful!!

Mara was a pleasure to work with! We had a great time at the tasting and selected red velvet and chocolate! The cake was beautiful and delicious!! Mara did a wonderful job setting it up at the venue and placing the flowers on it. Perfect!!
  • F
    Fay Married on 06/15/2019

cake and food

I can say enough kind words about the staff at the Baker's Box. My Husband and I were so impressed with the wedding cake and food. The wedding was beautiful and everything that I had dreamed of. The food was so amazing and the wedding guests made many comments about how good the food was.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin S. Married on 06/08/2019

Highly Recommend

George & Mara provided catering for our outdoor wedding with ~150 guests. Everything exceeded our expectations! George prepared a low country boil cooked onsite, during a rainstorm, and it turned out amazing. Mara baked our cake and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious. We have received so many compliments on our dinner and desserts. If you are looking for delicious, fresh, outside-the-box catering, call The Baker's Box! They made our special occasion even more special and memorable.
  • KCYoung
    Kimberley Married on 05/24/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

I have so many good things to say about Mara at The Baker’s Box! She was so nice and helpful and the cake the made for our wedding was the most delicious cake I’ve ever eaten. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests, even those who weren’t big cake fans loved our cake. Not only was our cake delicious but it was also the most beautiful cake ever. I wanted a buttercream frosted cake with a heavy cascade of fresh flowers and Mara did a fabulous job! I highly recommend to anyone who wants a yummy, delicious, AND beautiful cake for their wedding!
  • Cristina
    Cristina Married on 11/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely Stunning & delicious Wedding Cake! Thank you Mara!!!

When it comes to wedding cakes, and really anything else, the Baker's Box was the perfect choice! Mara was so sweet and incredible to work with. She truly is an artist and I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful Wedding Cake! First off, her cake flavors and icing were delicious! She prepared 3 mini cakes of our choosing, all delicious so it was really hard to choose, and provided coffee and water with our cake tasting. I went with her most popular, and I can see why, the sour cream cake, with Bailey's Irish Cream filling, and Italian Cream Icing. People at my wedding couldn't get enough of it. It was so delicious, not to mention absolutely gorgeous! She worked hand in hand with my Florist Pam, at the Flower Market, who prepared the most beautiful flower arrangements, and provided the perfect rustic wooden cake stand that went perfectly with our wedding decor. I really lucked out with finding her and she made the perfect, simplistic Wedding Cake to go with our Rustic Fall Wedding theme at BurntShirt Vineyards.
    Thank you so much Mara!
    -Much Love, Cristina Bowman
    Annette Married on 10/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great Wedding Cake! (and we don't even like cake :)

Mara was great - easy to work with, responsive, and the cake was delicious!
  • Haley
    Haley Married on 10/20/2018

Deliciousness!

Mara at The Baker’s Box did an amazing job with our cutting cake and cupcakes. They were delicious and she created exactly what I wanted as far as our naked cutting cake. Many thanks!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gorgeous to look at, delicious to eat!

I highly recommend The Baker's Box and Mara Nicholas for your wedding cakes! Mara is an amazing creator of beautiful cakes that actually taste delicious, and not too overly sweet. She has so many flavors to choose from, and a wonderful book of past cakes she has made to give you ideas for your own design. Also important to us, she made gluten-free cupcakes to have in addition to the wedding cake for those guests with gluten sensitivities or allergies. We had the basic idea of what we wanted the cake to look like, and our florist provided gorgeous blooms and greenery that Mara creatively used to make our dream come true. It was an extreme pleasure to work with Mara at The Baker's Box, and I recommend them highly!
    Leah L. Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Cake!

We had our wedding way out. . .down a steep him near a creek. That didn't stop Mara. She create an absolutely beautiful cake--truly spectacular and keeping with the spirit of the wedding. It was delicious as well. Prior to the wedding, Mara spent time with us and guided us in our decisions, all while listening closely to what we wanted so she could create the perfect cake (and cupcakes!). She was even nice to our wedding dog, who wanted to snatch the cake from her hands. All in all, a wonderful experience. You won't be disappointed!
  • Amy
    Amy L. Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was the talk of the night!!! We had two flavors and everyone enjoyed trying each one! Not only was the taste amazing, the cake looked absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thank you for making a part of our wedding perfect!
  • I
    Isabel Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I LOVED working with The Baker's Box. They were absolutely fantastic! I planned my wedding long distance and -- because I never knew when I would be in town -- when I reached out about doing a tasting, they were super friendly and accommodating. Needless to say, we went with them for our cake: three tiers, chocolate with strawberry cream cheese (and fresh strawberries) and buttercream AND vanilla, strawberry, and lemon cupcakes. The cake was the most delicious thing we have ever eaten. Even my chef brother was asking me about our cake to recommend to people in Memphis, TN!

They delivered and set everything up. It was gorgeous.
    Sharon Married on 05/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Outstanding and delicious and beautiful!
    Rebecca Married on 05/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mara and her team are wonderful!!! From our first meeting we felt so comfortable with our choice. We booked her for our wedding during our tasting because in addition to the cakes being so good she helped talk us through how we could display everything. Mara took care of everything with the display and made it easily a beautiful focal point! Her cost are reasonable, everything very delicious, and so friendly and personavle. Icould not give Mara any higher praise!!!
    Catherine T. Married on 05/05/2018

Excellent!!!!

All of my guests have told me that my wedding cake was the best they've ever had! I am so thankful for the wonderful job that Mara did.
    Sarah Married on 04/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Loved working with Mara! Everything was amazing, especially the cheesecake brownies. I got so many compliments on the cake. Will go by and visit again when we are in town!
    Lynzie Married on 04/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Using The Bakers Box was a dream! She took our ideas and ran with the design to make things look perfect. Her tasting session impressed us so much! She made actual cakes (with our choice of icing and cake and filling) for us to taste versus having to attempt to piece it together like some of the other vendors we looked at. Her cake was the best wedding cake I have ever tasted! We have had so many people ask about our wedding cake and want referrals bc of how good it was. I’d use Bakers Box a million times over again.
    Tina Married on 11/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mara at The Baker’s Box is incredible! We ordered our grooms cake, wedding cake, and dessert bar for 100 people from her shop and everyone raved about the beautiful look and incredible taste of everything! The chocolate mocha grooms cake done turtle style with caramel was incredible and I typically do not enjoy chocolate cake. Our wedding cake was stunning. We ordered the Apple spice cake filled with caramel cream cheese icing and it was the best cake I’ve ever had. Every single pastry for the dessert bar was delectable. We plan on driving the few hours each year to order a small anniversary cake from The Baker’s Box every year. I definitely recommend them!
    Kelsey Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My cake was amazing! Words cant do it justice. It turned out so beautiful and tasted amazing. It was hard choosing a flavor because at the tasting they all tasted so good. There was no left over cake by the end of the night. Thank you for making our day amazing!
    Megan Married on 10/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Baker's Box was ABSOLUTELY amazing!!!!!!! Mara was so accommodating to our design ideas. And don't even get me started on the cake!!!!!! BEST CAKE EVER!!! The buttercream....I would like to die in a pool of it! SO GOOD! All ingredients fresh...everything homemade...she was just awesome.
    Reid Married on 10/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Everyone LOVED our cake...it was gone before we could even get a piece. Definitely recommend the baker's box! The apple spice cake with caramel cream filling is the way to go!
illustration stars