The Baker's Box Reviews

106 | Hendersonville, NC

106 Reviews for The Baker's Box

• Nancy

Nancy M. · Married on 07/19/2019

The Baker's Box - Wonderful!!

Mara was a pleasure to work with! We had a great time at the tasting and selected red velvet and chocolate! The cake was beautiful and delicious!! Mara did a wonderful job setting it up at the venue and placing the flowers on it. Perfect!!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • F

Fay · Married on 06/15/2019

cake and food

I can say enough kind words about the staff at the Baker's Box. My Husband and I were so impressed with the wedding cake and food. The wedding was beautiful and everything that I had dreamed of. The food was so amazing and the wedding guests made many comments about how good the food was.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin S. · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly Recommend

George & Mara provided catering for our outdoor wedding with ~150 guests. Everything exceeded our expectations! George prepared a low country boil cooked onsite, during a rainstorm, and it turned out amazing. Mara baked our cake and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious. We have received so many compliments on our dinner and desserts. If you are looking for delicious, fresh, outside-the-box catering, call The Baker's Box! They made our special occasion even more special and memorable.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • KCYoung

Kimberley · Married on 05/24/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

I have so many good things to say about Mara at The Baker’s Box! She was so nice and helpful and the cake the made for our wedding was the most delicious cake I’ve ever eaten. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests, even those who weren’t big cake fans loved our cake. Not only was our cake delicious but it was also the most beautiful cake ever. I wanted a buttercream frosted cake with a heavy cascade of fresh flowers and Mara did a fabulous job! I highly recommend to anyone who wants a yummy, delicious, AND beautiful cake for their wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Stunning & delicious Wedding Cake! Thank you Mara!!!

When it comes to wedding cakes, and really anything else, the Baker's Box was the perfect choice! Mara was so sweet and incredible to work with. She truly is an artist and I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful Wedding Cake! First off, her cake flavors and icing were delicious! She prepared 3 mini cakes of our choosing, all delicious so it was really hard to choose, and provided coffee and water with our cake tasting. I went with her most popular, and I can see why, the sour cream cake, with Bailey's Irish Cream filling, and Italian Cream Icing. People at my wedding couldn't get enough of it. It was so delicious, not to mention absolutely gorgeous! She worked hand in hand with my Florist Pam, at the Flower Market, who prepared the most beautiful flower arrangements, and provided the perfect rustic wooden cake stand that went perfectly with our wedding decor. I really lucked out with finding her and she made the perfect, simplistic Wedding Cake to go with our Rustic Fall Wedding theme at BurntShirt Vineyards.
    Thank you so much Mara!
    -Much Love, Cristina Bowman

Sent on 04/03/2019

Annette · Married on 10/25/2018

Great Wedding Cake! (and we don't even like cake :)

Mara was great - easy to work with, responsive, and the cake was delicious!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 10/20/2018

Deliciousness!

Mara at The Baker’s Box did an amazing job with our cutting cake and cupcakes. They were delicious and she created exactly what I wanted as far as our naked cutting cake. Many thanks!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/19/2018

Gorgeous to look at, delicious to eat!

I highly recommend The Baker's Box and Mara Nicholas for your wedding cakes! Mara is an amazing creator of beautiful cakes that actually taste delicious, and not too overly sweet. She has so many flavors to choose from, and a wonderful book of past cakes she has made to give you ideas for your own design. Also important to us, she made gluten-free cupcakes to have in addition to the wedding cake for those guests with gluten sensitivities or allergies. We had the basic idea of what we wanted the cake to look like, and our florist provided gorgeous blooms and greenery that Mara creatively used to make our dream come true. It was an extreme pleasure to work with Mara at The Baker's Box, and I recommend them highly!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Leah L. · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Cake!

We had our wedding way out. . .down a steep him near a creek. That didn't stop Mara. She create an absolutely beautiful cake--truly spectacular and keeping with the spirit of the wedding. It was delicious as well. Prior to the wedding, Mara spent time with us and guided us in our decisions, all while listening closely to what we wanted so she could create the perfect cake (and cupcakes!). She was even nice to our wedding dog, who wanted to snatch the cake from her hands. All in all, a wonderful experience. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Amy

Amy L. · Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was the talk of the night!!! We had two flavors and everyone enjoyed trying each one! Not only was the taste amazing, the cake looked absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thank you for making a part of our wedding perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • I

Isabel · Married on 07/07/2018

I LOVED working with The Baker's Box. They were absolutely fantastic! I planned my wedding long distance and -- because I never knew when I would be in town -- when I reached out about doing a tasting, they were super friendly and accommodating. Needless to say, we went with them for our cake: three tiers, chocolate with strawberry cream cheese (and fresh strawberries) and buttercream AND vanilla, strawberry, and lemon cupcakes. The cake was the most delicious thing we have ever eaten. Even my chef brother was asking me about our cake to recommend to people in Memphis, TN!

They delivered and set everything up. It was gorgeous.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/19/2018

Mara and her team are wonderful!!! From our first meeting we felt so comfortable with our choice. We booked her for our wedding during our tasting because in addition to the cakes being so good she helped talk us through how we could display everything. Mara took care of everything with the display and made it easily a beautiful focal point! Her cost are reasonable, everything very delicious, and so friendly and personavle. Icould not give Mara any higher praise!!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Sharon · Married on 05/19/2018

Outstanding and delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Catherine T. · Married on 05/05/2018

Excellent!!!!

All of my guests have told me that my wedding cake was the best they've ever had! I am so thankful for the wonderful job that Mara did.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

Loved working with Mara! Everything was amazing, especially the cheesecake brownies. I got so many compliments on the cake. Will go by and visit again when we are in town!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Lynzie · Married on 04/14/2018

Using The Bakers Box was a dream! She took our ideas and ran with the design to make things look perfect. Her tasting session impressed us so much! She made actual cakes (with our choice of icing and cake and filling) for us to taste versus having to attempt to piece it together like some of the other vendors we looked at. Her cake was the best wedding cake I have ever tasted! We have had so many people ask about our wedding cake and want referrals bc of how good it was. I’d use Bakers Box a million times over again.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Tina · Married on 11/11/2017

Mara at The Baker’s Box is incredible! We ordered our grooms cake, wedding cake, and dessert bar for 100 people from her shop and everyone raved about the beautiful look and incredible taste of everything! The chocolate mocha grooms cake done turtle style with caramel was incredible and I typically do not enjoy chocolate cake. Our wedding cake was stunning. We ordered the Apple spice cake filled with caramel cream cheese icing and it was the best cake I’ve ever had. Every single pastry for the dessert bar was delectable. We plan on driving the few hours each year to order a small anniversary cake from The Baker’s Box every year. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Kelsey · Married on 10/28/2017

My cake was amazing! Words cant do it justice. It turned out so beautiful and tasted amazing. It was hard choosing a flavor because at the tasting they all tasted so good. There was no left over cake by the end of the night. Thank you for making our day amazing!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Reid · Married on 10/21/2017

Everyone LOVED our cake...it was gone before we could even get a piece. Definitely recommend the baker's box! The apple spice cake with caramel cream filling is the way to go!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

The Baker's Box was ABSOLUTELY amazing!!!!!!! Mara was so accommodating to our design ideas. And don't even get me started on the cake!!!!!! BEST CAKE EVER!!! The buttercream....I would like to die in a pool of it! SO GOOD! All ingredients fresh...everything homemade...she was just awesome.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Crista · Married on 10/07/2017

This wonderful family is so amazing at what they do! Mara made us the most breath taking and delicious cake for our wedding that I have ever seen! Her husband is an amazing chef and makes the absolute best roast beef sandwich with homemade pickles I have ever had! Love love love them!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Jaimee · Married on 10/01/2017

Amazing to work with! I got exactly what I asked for and the flavors were spectacular!! Couldn’t have asked for better!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Mary · Married on 09/16/2017

Just days before our wedding, after having a few cake options fall through at the last minute, someone suggested that I reach out to The Baker's Box. I reached out to Mara just a few days before my wedding. Although she already an event that day, she was willing to accommodate us on very short notice. She delivered and decorated the cake to our wedding venue. It was absolutely breathtaking and tasted amazing! Thank you so much to the team at the baker's box. We truly appreciate what you did to make this a special day!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Moni · Married on 09/15/2017

This was love at first taste! My husband and I were from out of town and Mara was able to work with our schedule to set up a cake tasting. Little did we know, these weren't tiny bites, she baked a few mini cakes of our choosing! They were all delicious and she provided great advise concerning size, price, and design. We decided on the Strawberry Marble Pound Cake with White Chocolate filling/icing.

At the wedding, the cake was a hit. Mara and her team beautifully decorated the cake with flowers my florist provided and it was just as tasty as I remembered! Everyone loved the cake and there was literally not a bite left!

I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Ellen · Married on 09/09/2017

Our 9/9/2017 wedding cake was beautiful and tasty. Our guests loved it. The cake was delivered on time and the whole experience was very professional. Glad we went with Baker's Box.

Sent on 11/10/2017