The Bakehouse Reviews

9 | Vernon, NY

9 Reviews for The Bakehouse

Mercedes · Married on 08/17/2019

Dessert display

Mackenzie was great to deal with and the desserts were absolute delicious!!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Day!

My wedding cake was fantastic and I received so many compliments on the cake and the jumbo cupcakes. Thank you for making my wedding vision become a reality!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Sarah S. · Married on 10/20/2018

Yummy flavors

So happy with my cake and four flavors of full size cupcakes !!! Six different flavors all included in my wedding package !!! Amazing !!!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 08/17/2018

Mackenzie and the folks at The Bakehouse were so delightful and accommodating from our first meeting to the day of the wedding. Of course one of the most important key points; the cake was AMAZING! and so affordable! We ended up getting a 3 tier and each layer a different flavor. My personal favorite was the pink champagne toast, my guests made short work of the middle layer. My venue snagged the top layer and set it aside for us so we could take it home and thank goodness because the bottom (campfire [s'mores]) layer was DEMOLISHED by my wedding guests lol So many compliments on the flavor and the appearance was exactly what we were looking for, a rustic birch tree appearance to match our aesthetic for the day. Mackenzie even offered to add our initials in a heart on the cake to give the appearance of it being 'carved' into the bark. We were so pleased, highly recommend The Bakehouse!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Susan · Married on 11/11/2017

I can't thank McKenzie and Dibbles staff for going above and beyond, and all their hard work for my wedding. McKenzie was amazing she made my vision come true. Absolutely beautiful cake and delicious desserts. I couldn't be happier. Thank you all very much.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Randy · Married on 06/17/2017

Our wedding cake was one of a kind and certainly put our wedding over the top!

Sent on 01/22/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/19/2019

Flavorful and Beautiful Cupcakes

The cupcakes we picked for the wedding were all delicious. We had s’mores, cannoli, best of both and peanut butter. My only comment, which is in part fault of the venue Dibble’s Inn for not confirming correctly, is that I was told we would have 1 cupcake for each guest and wouldn’t have to cut our wedding cake so it could all be saved and brought home. We ended up with less than half the cupcakes promised. The cake we did get to save was still very good. The baking was amazing. Just be sure to confirm the number of cupcakes to be received and size of cake if you are working through Dibble’s Inn as a wedding or event venue.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

2.2
      1.0

Not what we were promised

Our cake did not come out the way we asked for or was promised. Also, our guests have
    told us they did not even receive desert because it was either not enough for taken away before they could get to it. We had 165 guests and a couple dozen cupcakes is definitely not enough. There were a lot of promises made but not a lot of follow through.

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole C. · Married on 09/13/2019

Do Not Get Your Cake Here

Do not get your wedding cake though the bakehouse. Horrible product. Even worse customer service. We met with McKenzie to discuss our wedding cake design and flavors a few months before our wedding. I was so excited to see our wedding cake! When the day came, the first thing I went to look at was our cake. To my shock, it was not what we had discussed at all. It was white and our cake was supposed to be burgundy. Also, the cake was very poorly done. It wasn't completely covered with frosting with obvious bare spots. The cake was also crooked. It didn't stand up straight. I was so embarrassed for this to be displayed as my wedding cake. When I contacted McKenzie about the issue it took a day for her to even respond to me. And when she did it was a hollow apology and no offer of compensation for her horrible work. I responded stating a refund was in order. It took a day for her to respond to that and she said they'd be sending a gift card. I received the gift card weeks late and it was for $50. That is not equivalent to the price of a wedding cake. It's honestly appaling how this was handled and I'm shocked it even happened in the first place. Don't let McKenzie ruin your wedding vision with her lack of skill and professionalism.

Sent on 10/06/2019