The Bake Works Reviews

The Bake Works 7
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious and Pretty Wedding Cake

Bake Works made our wedding cake for our wedding in Stone Harbor, NJ in June. They made the most fun and delicious cake! We wanted a slight nautical theme in a classy way and they used the blue and white ribbon and a lavender nautical knot in the center to match our wedding palette. There were chocolate and vanilla layers and I tried both! They were SO good. I especially loved the vanilla cake layer. Thank you!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    The Bake Works 8

Ashley Homan · Married on 03/24/2019

Wedding Dreams Come True

Everyone knows cake is the best part. From the taste testing to my wedding day, Amanda and Amy made our decisions very easy when choosing cake flavors! We also had my husband’s groom’s cake from Bake Works. Everything was absolutely delicious!! Thank you!!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/15/2018

Best Tasting Wedding Cake!

Bakeworks gave us the perfect wedding cake! I did all the design through email since I live out of state, and they made everything so easy. The cake tasted AMAZING, we heard so many guests raving about it. Thank you Bakeworks, for the best wedding cake ever.

Sent on 01/30/2019
    The Bake Works 9

Maria · Married on 11/24/2018

You can have your cake and eat it too!

The Bake Works was part of our package at The Ashford Estate, but Amanda and the amazing sweets she's able to create ended up being so much more than that. We ended up going with chocolate and vanilla flavors, but that's only because it was the most flavorful vanilla and chocolate we've ever tasted. The buttercream was so delicious, not too sweet, and not too heavy. Our cake and cupcakes were a hit! Thank you for making our vision possible.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    The Bake Works 10
    The Bake Works 11
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Sweet, Perfectly portioned Wedding Cake!

I was so happy to have BakeWorks make our wedding cake! They worked with us for smaller than their typical wedding cake order and had delivery included as well so it would arrive to our Cape May venue safe and sound! They nailed our "heavy skim" naked cake style with cascading flowers. It was so delicious!! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/13/2019
    The Bake Works 12

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing cake and cupcakes!

The Bake Works was included with my catering package so I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect. I was quickly assured at our tasting. Their cakes were to die for! We had a small cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding and there was not a single flavor that didn’t wow the guests. They are still raving over them! The cakes were beautiful, tasty and perfectly completely my vision for my cake table. I highly recommend the Bake Works!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2018

Bake works came with the package we purchased at Greate bay country club.
    We did a cake testing and had so many to choose from. They were all excellent
    They worked with us on colors and designs... I’m the end we wanted something simple and elegant tha tasted good and that’s exactky what we got!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    The Bake Works 13
    The Bake Works 14

Samantha · Married on 09/15/2018

Our wedding cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious! It was exactly what we wanted. We loved the variety of flavor options we had to chose from at our cake tasting, with a lot of unique combinations. We highly recommend The Bake Works!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Megan · Married on 09/07/2018

Our cake was amazing! We got many compliments on it from guests. We got married at Smithville so the cake was included in the package. We were looking for something simple yet pretty. I was expecting a very limited selection to choose from however that was not the case. We found the perfect cake for our perfect day!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    The Bake Works 15
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/08/2018

We had so much fun at our cake tasting here and our wedding cake was pretty and delicious! We went with a white, ruffled, simplistic design and a tier of black and white a tier of mango coconut. Their cake is soft and scrumptious and their mango coconut is to die for. We stayed for the week after our wedding at the beach with family and ate the top tier the last day - everyone again commented how delicious it was. We'll definitely be coming here for our anniversary for a mango coconut cake!

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/16/2018

Amanda and her team were phenomenal. The Bake Works has a contract with our venue, The Smithville Inn- and it did not disappoint. Our cake tasting experience was amazing and one of our favorite items to cross off our very long wedding to do list. Every single piece of cake tasted incredible, it was really hard to choose - Amanda is VERY patient during this process! We finally came down to two flavors and then the fun began with designing the cake. I had an idea in mind, but Amanda was able to bring it to life with a small sketch on a piece of paper and then tons of pictures on her iPad to really help us both be on the same page and visualize. Seeing the cake was one of my favorite parts of doing a sneak peak of the wedding reception area before our guests arrived. And the cake was SO FRESH and delicious, everyone was raving about how delicious and fresh the cake was - it was certainly not your typical wedding cake taste! I CANNOT wait to crack that baby open in a short 51 weeks for our one year anniversary and eat some more of the most delicious cake ever!!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

Amanda at The Bake Works is masterful! Ours had to be the best tasting wedding cake we've ever had, and it was SO beautiful! She worked with us to make 2 unique and delicious flavor combinations including FUNFETTI! The cake was delivered on time and totally exceeded all expectations!

Sent on 06/05/2018
    The Bake Works 16
    The Bake Works 17
    The Bake Works 18

julie · Married on 05/05/2018

Not much of a review to post other than saying everyone at our wedding LOVED our cake!!! Even the vegan cupcakes were a huge hit for our vegan guest too! Well done and delicious!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    The Bake Works 19

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2018

Bakeworks did an incredible job on our cake for our spring wedding at Smithville. The cake was exactly what we wanted and tasted delicious. It was a very simple process with no problems at all and we couldn’t have been happier!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/21/2018

We recently used The Bake Works for our wedding day, and our cake was absolutely perfect! Not only was it DELICIOUS, it looked beautiful and exactly how we pictured. We had done a tasting about 6-7 months in advance of our big day, and had a great time tasting all the cakes and learning about our options decoration-wise.

The Bake Works was great to work with - probably the easiest vendor in terms of not needing to do too much on our end -- just made sure they knew what we wanted and they delivered an amazing product! Highly recommend. We worked with Amanda, and she was great. Can’t say enough about their great work and delicious cake! Thanks again for everything -- our guests loved it!

Sent on 05/21/2018
    The Bake Works 20
    The Bake Works 21
    The Bake Works 22
    The Bake Works 23
    The Bake Works 24
    The Bake Works 25

Katherine · Married on 12/09/2017

The cake at my wedding was breathtaking and absolutely perfect! Waling into the consultation and have a couple of ideas they were able to take all of the ideas and make them into one amazing gingerbread themed cake to match the Christmas decor of the wedding. The cake even included a gingerbread Bride and Groom. I can not wait to work with them in the future!

Sent on 02/21/2018
    The Bake Works 26

Caitlin · Married on 12/02/2017

We used the Bake Works for our wedding cake, and we've heard nothing but amazing compliments from all of our guests! The cake was fantastic (we attended several weddings throughout the last year, and compared to our wedding cake, everyone else's was just OK), and the girls at The Bake Works were so wonderful to work with.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Emily · Married on 11/25/2017

The Bake Works made our cake and favors for our November 25th wedding at The Smithville Inn. We met with Amanda who understood our vision and allowed us to taste many cake combinations. While they all were delicious, we ultimately decided on a pumpkin/vanilla cake. It was perfect for our fall wedding and super tasty! We also asked Amanda if they would be willing to make cookie wedding favors for us. We provided them with favor bags and custom stickers to package the favors. Amanda even did a test to make sure grease didn’t leak through our bags! The Bake Works team went above and beyond and we couldn’t be happier with our wedding cake and favors! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    The Bake Works 27

Catherine · Married on 10/14/2017

We used The Bake Works for our wedding cake and they did a great job. Not only was everyone was excellent to work with but our cake was beautiful and delicious! We would highly recommend using them!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Valerie · Married on 10/07/2017

Such a beautiful and DELICIOUS wedding cake for our reception. Also, the donuts, and cupcakes I wanted to add to the dessert display were gobbled up so fast! Amanda was a pleasure to work with and helped us narrow down exactly what we needed for our guests to enjoy during dessert. I would recommend over and over again. Thank you Bake Works!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Amy · Married on 09/30/2017

Our wedding cake was so elegant, beautiful and DELICIOUS. I had a picture of a cake that I wanted and Amanda was able to make it our own by suggesting a few details and adding flowers that coordinated with the rest of the wedding. I live abroad and Amanda was so accommodating with arranging appointments for when I was in the States. She quickly responded to any questions asked via email. We also ordered chocolate covered strawberries for the wedding from Bake Works. Amanda was very honest and told us she would only do them if she could find a decent quality of strawberries (our wedding was Sept. 30th). Luckily, we were able to have the strawberries and our guests loved them! We cannot wait to eat the top layer of our cake for our first anniversary!!! Thank you, Bake Works!!!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    The Bake Works 28

Nicole · Married on 09/23/2017

Bake Works buttercream icing is amazing! The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious!! Bake Works was accommodating and delivered from Northfield to Cape May so we had no worries the day of our wedding!! Everyone raved about the flavor and texture of our cake!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    The Bake Works 29

Casey · Married on 09/02/2017

beautiful and delicious cake!! thanks guys!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Britny · Married on 08/22/2017

The Bake Works was partnered with our venue (Icona) so the cake was included in our package. Shortly after booking our wedding I found out that I have Celiac's Disease and we weren't sure what was going to happen now with our cake. Amanda contacted me the day after we did our tasting to follow up and see what we were thinking. I explained my situation to her and she told me how the bakery does offer a GF option (which was cupcakes) and told us how we could incorporate them with the cake. There was an upcharge, but it was very affordable and manageable. Amanda was so responsive seeing as she kept in contact with us while she was on vacation just to make sure our order got in, and she was so professional. I freaked out when I saw our cake the day of the wedding because it was prettier than we could have ever imagined. Everyone loved the cake and told us how good it was. The GF cupcakes were a hit! They were hands down the best ones I ever had, and there were no leftovers since a lot of our non-GF guests started eating them as well!

Sent on 08/25/2017