The Bake Works Reviews

153 Reviews for The Bake Works

• Emma

Emma S. · Married on 01/16/2021

Delicious!

Our cake from the Bake Works was awesome! They could not have been any easier to work with. We were able to pick up a box of about 8 different cake slices from which we could create combinations to have our own cake. We picked vanilla frosting, vanilla cake, and raspberry jam. We all absolutely loved the cake plus the decoration was exactly what we wanted. It's so difficult to leave that top layer in the freezer- we can't wait to finish it!

Sent on 02/04/2021
  • Emma

Emma S. · Married on 11/28/2020

A Beautiful Wedding Cake!

Bake Works did an amazing job on our wedding cake. I wanted a more naked, rustic looking cake and Amanda made that happen! I loved our cake, it was a 3 tiered cake with 3 different flavors! It was amazing! All our guests loved it!! Thank you for making our beautiful cake for our special day!

Sent on 12/15/2020
  • Torrie

Torrie · Married on 09/18/2020

Excellent service, beautiful and delicious cake!

We absolutely loved our cake for our small micro wedding in Sea Isle. We called Bake Works and with very little notice they delivered in every sense. I sent them a photo from Pinterest and it was exactly what I had hoped for. They have several flavors which all sounded delicious. We went with cannoli and lemon blueberry which were both different and amazing. Communication was great along the way and they were even so sweet that they were able to drop off the cake at the venue! Top notch service! Thank you so much Bake Works!

Sent on 10/03/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/30/2020

Wedding Cake

AMAZING CAKE! We loved our cake tasting and was blown away by the different options. We didn't expect as many and loved all the different combos. We were super happy with what we went with and every guest loved the cake. We got tons of compliments on how good it was.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Marissa

Marissa S. · Married on 11/16/2019

So many flavor choices !

The cake from bake works was included with our package at Renault . We loved our cake ! We had 3 tiers , all different flavors . Our tasting was so good that is was difficult to narrow it down to 3 . We can not wait to eat our anniversary layer .

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Emily

Emily W. · Married on 11/08/2019

Delicious and Fun!

This was the least stressful part of wedding planning! The tasting was so easy and the cake was delicious! They had a big book of ideas that we could choose from. We got many compliments about our cake!

Sent on 02/22/2020
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn L. · Married on 10/26/2019

Keep it Simple

I wanted a good cake, a pretty cake but did not want to spend a lot of time and/or money on this aspect of our wedding. BakeWorks website had a lot of beautiful designs to choose from make it super simple to communicate my choice (although they are happy to customize). After a short phone call everything was set up and taken care of. They we gracious and offered to have us in for a tasting and make the process as involved as we would like but were not pushy with the fact that we wanted to keep this aspect simple. They were a breeze to work with and delivered a beautiful cake to the venue day of.

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle N. · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible Cake!!!

Amanda from Bake Works was amazing! I sent her a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like and everything came out perfectly! I was nervous that we had not allotted time for cake tasing, but Bake Works did not disappoint! Our cakes was delicious! Many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they ever had. They made the cake large enough so we could take the entire top tier home. It was so big, we only froze 1/2 of it and got to enjoy a few more slices of our wedding cake the days after.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Julia A. · Married on 09/27/2019

Gorgeous and delicious

The cake was a total focal point at our wedding and was absolutely gorgeous! They worked with me to figure out how to add more layers, even though the cake would have to travel far for the wedding and it could not have turned out better! They also made my bridal shower cake - equally as beautiful! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredibly tasty and picture perfect!

We could not have asked for a better or TASTIER experience than what we had with The Bake Works! They really listened to us at our consultation, and the cake on our wedding day was just as we imagined plus more! The cannoli cake flavor is INCREDIBLE!! The cake even tastes just as good after being in the freezer for 2 months, as we had cut our topper into 12 slices. We can't wait to enjoy a slice every month until our one year anniversary!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Cassidy

Cassidy · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Wedding Cake Ever

We had the most delicious wedding cake thanks to the Bake Works! The lemon cake was to die for! I am not even a big fan of sweets and was still wanting more of this cake. I would highly recommend the Bake Works, they make beautiful cakes that taste just as delicious as they look!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Michelle S. · Married on 07/12/2019

Best Cakes

Best Tasting Cakes and so easy to work with.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious and Pretty Wedding Cake

Bake Works made our wedding cake for our wedding in Stone Harbor, NJ in June. They made the most fun and delicious cake! We wanted a slight nautical theme in a classy way and they used the blue and white ribbon and a lavender nautical knot in the center to match our wedding palette. There were chocolate and vanilla layers and I tried both! They were SO good. I especially loved the vanilla cake layer. Thank you!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie H. · Married on 06/01/2019

Tastiest Wedding Cake I've Ever Had

Let me start by saying that neither my husband or I are the biggest cake fans. That being said, if I could eat our wedding cake every day, we 100% would!

The Bake Works was at our tasting, and they provided a box with slices of their most popular flavors. Each bite was better than the next. After much deliberation, we decided on the almond cake with vanilla and chocolate pastry cream and a buttercream frosting. Guest were flagging down servers asking for a second slice, it was THAT good! We can't wait to dig into our cake topper (safely stored in our freezer) on our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Jane B. · Married on 03/30/2019

best cake for our day

We were fortunate enough to book The Bake Works for our wedding reception. If you are looking for the best bakery look no further. Thank you for a gorgeous and super delicious cake!! .

Sent on 10/29/2019

Ashley H. · Married on 03/24/2019

Wedding Dreams Come True

Everyone knows cake is the best part. From the taste testing to my wedding day, Amanda and Amy made our decisions very easy when choosing cake flavors! We also had my husband’s groom’s cake from Bake Works. Everything was absolutely delicious!! Thank you!!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/15/2018

Best Tasting Wedding Cake!

Bakeworks gave us the perfect wedding cake! I did all the design through email since I live out of state, and they made everything so easy. The cake tasted AMAZING, we heard so many guests raving about it. Thank you Bakeworks, for the best wedding cake ever.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Maria · Married on 11/24/2018

You can have your cake and eat it too!

The Bake Works was part of our package at The Ashford Estate, but Amanda and the amazing sweets she's able to create ended up being so much more than that. We ended up going with chocolate and vanilla flavors, but that's only because it was the most flavorful vanilla and chocolate we've ever tasted. The buttercream was so delicious, not too sweet, and not too heavy. Our cake and cupcakes were a hit! Thank you for making our vision possible.

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Sweet, Perfectly portioned Wedding Cake!

I was so happy to have BakeWorks make our wedding cake! They worked with us for smaller than their typical wedding cake order and had delivery included as well so it would arrive to our Cape May venue safe and sound! They nailed our "heavy skim" naked cake style with cascading flowers. It was so delicious!! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing cake and cupcakes!

The Bake Works was included with my catering package so I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect. I was quickly assured at our tasting. Their cakes were to die for! We had a small cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding and there was not a single flavor that didn’t wow the guests. They are still raving over them! The cakes were beautiful, tasty and perfectly completely my vision for my cake table. I highly recommend the Bake Works!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2018

Bake works came with the package we purchased at Greate bay country club.
    We did a cake testing and had so many to choose from. They were all excellent
    They worked with us on colors and designs... I’m the end we wanted something simple and elegant tha tasted good and that’s exactky what we got!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/15/2018

Our wedding cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious! It was exactly what we wanted. We loved the variety of flavor options we had to chose from at our cake tasting, with a lot of unique combinations. We highly recommend The Bake Works!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Megan · Married on 09/07/2018

Our cake was amazing! We got many compliments on it from guests. We got married at Smithville so the cake was included in the package. We were looking for something simple yet pretty. I was expecting a very limited selection to choose from however that was not the case. We found the perfect cake for our perfect day!

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/08/2018

We had so much fun at our cake tasting here and our wedding cake was pretty and delicious! We went with a white, ruffled, simplistic design and a tier of black and white a tier of mango coconut. Their cake is soft and scrumptious and their mango coconut is to die for. We stayed for the week after our wedding at the beach with family and ate the top tier the last day - everyone again commented how delicious it was. We'll definitely be coming here for our anniversary for a mango coconut cake!

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/16/2018

Amanda and her team were phenomenal. The Bake Works has a contract with our venue, The Smithville Inn- and it did not disappoint. Our cake tasting experience was amazing and one of our favorite items to cross off our very long wedding to do list. Every single piece of cake tasted incredible, it was really hard to choose - Amanda is VERY patient during this process! We finally came down to two flavors and then the fun began with designing the cake. I had an idea in mind, but Amanda was able to bring it to life with a small sketch on a piece of paper and then tons of pictures on her iPad to really help us both be on the same page and visualize. Seeing the cake was one of my favorite parts of doing a sneak peak of the wedding reception area before our guests arrived. And the cake was SO FRESH and delicious, everyone was raving about how delicious and fresh the cake was - it was certainly not your typical wedding cake taste! I CANNOT wait to crack that baby open in a short 51 weeks for our one year anniversary and eat some more of the most delicious cake ever!!!

Sent on 06/24/2018