The Attic at Waterman's Reviews

The Attic at Waterman's 5
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 11/02/2018

Beautiful venue

We had a blast at the attic, the staff was very friendly, the food was amazing. Everyone has been talking about how great it was for days.

The Attic at Waterman's 6
    The Attic at Waterman's 7

katie · Married on 07/28/2018

We selected Waterman's to host a rehearsal dinner for approximately 50 people. The room was spectacular with the views of the ocean and the table setup. The staff were exceptional tending to our every request and making our guests feel special. the food was served hot and was delicious. Many of our guests remarked on the quality and quantity of food and the attentiveness of the staff. Overall the evening was a home run and I would return to Waterman's for any event between 20 people and 100 people. I highly recommend and believe you will be more than happy with your selection.

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2018

The Attic was the perfect venue for our wedding. The staff was so attentive, professional and kept the drinks flowing. The food was amazing!!!! We worked with Courtney B and she made sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it. Highly recommend the Attic for your event!

Liz · Married on 06/09/2018

Sarah at Waterman's is AWESOME! We planned our wedding "welcome reception" for about 100 people at Waterman's from across the country, and Sarah patiently handled my one million questions. She is kind, excited about your wedding and super responsive. When we finally arrived in Virginia before the wedding, Sarah walked us through every detail and made us feel so relaxed and excited. On the actual day of the event, she checked in with us regularly, made sure everything was done flawlessly and gave great advice on whether we needed to order some "emergency" food as our guests gobbled up what we had ordered (we didn't - we were just panicking over nothing!)! Our guests seriously raved about the event. The space is gorgeous, the staff is unbelievable and the food is delicious!

Krissy · Married on 05/07/2018

Courtney was amazing to work with through our entire wedding planning! She was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. Our reception was perfect! The food was amazing! Lots of our guests told us it was the best wedding food they have had.

David · Married on 04/21/2018

The ENTIRE staff at Waterman's were amazing! It was my daughter's wedding and she wanted a beach wedding. We started looking for a venue and Waterman's was recommended by friends. The usual back and forth with "negotiations" leading up to the wedding can try the patience of anyone, but Catalina followed up with ALL my daughter's concerns. The big day arrives and the restaurant was very busy and I thought it might be difficult for her to walk down the stairs (through the restaurant) and onto the beach but the crowd all cheered and clapped for her making it a great start for the ceremony !!!!!
    The reception was tremendous! The food/drinks and service were 5 star !!
    Thank you for making my daughter's special day even more special !!!
    David Barber

• W

Wayne · Married on 04/29/2017

The best decision I made, other than proposing to my wife, was having our rehearsal dinner here. Since my wife basically did all of the wedding planning, I took care of the dinner. I worked with Courtney B. on getting everything planned. She was very informative, up front about everything, fast to respond, and also gave me suggestions. She made this so easy for me it was like having cheat codes compared to what my wife went through planning the wedding. We didn't have to do any setup or cleaning (although we could have decorated more if we wanted). I worked with Malina and Charlie the night of. They too were super down to earth and very professional. Charlie was a trooper putting up with my drunk friends and family. The food was incredible! I personally liked it better than the food we had at our wedding, don't tell my wife... On top of all that you can't beat the view. Obviously it wasn't cheap. But considering the location, service and value (and that nothing wedding related is ever cheap) I felt it was worth every penny.

Kristina · Married on 11/19/2016

Searching for a venue for your wedding can be so overwhelming but once you view The Attic at Watermans, you will stop your search! The space is wonderful with a great view of the oceanfront. The meetings with Catalina Diaz were very detailed and on point. I am a first time bride, at age 50, and I did not know what to expect. I had many questions and she answered every question with a smile. I also e.mailed her frequently and they were answered promptly. Absolutely great service! The last sit down meeting I was sitting there thinking "wow, everything is taken care of, I just have to show up!" The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect! Ms Diaz made sure everything we discussed was taken care of. I honestly had the best day ever! You will not be disappointed with this venue, great food, great service and all the employees took care of us as if we were family.

Leigh · Married on 10/22/2016

My Husband and I were not planning on having a wedding & reception - but then we met Courtney W. and saw The Attic at Waterman's and everything changed! Our PERFECT & memorable reception was held on 10/22/16. There is really no combination of words to describe the quality of service, food, and atmosphere that Waterman's provides. From the minute we had an interest in The Attic, Courtney W. answered any and all of our questions, before even booking the space. She was beyond patient, kind, friendly, and fun! Even after we booked the space in The Attic, more than a year out from our date, Courtney was always checking in to see how our planning was going and how we were doing and asking if we needed anything. To say we have made a new friend is an understatement. Working with Courtney W. was wonderful and relaxed - she helped us so much in our reception planning. My Husband and I live in Tampa, but were married in VA Beach, and when we came to visit The Attic the week before our wedding, Courtney walked through everything with us (several times!) and even suggested a few different layouts for our reception that was not planned and they were happy to accommodate us for anything! Even a week out!! It was so much fun planning with Courtney - her excitement for us really helped us avoid any "pre-wedding stress"!

For the actual reception dinner - it was excellent, incredible, and delicious! The Waterman's team took excellent care of all of our guests and we are still receiving calls, texts, and emails about how wonderful it was and how much everyone enjoyed their time! If there is such thing as a perfect wedding reception, our reception in The Attic at Waterman's was it! From the food, the team, the atmosphere, THE VIEW, and the flexibility of menu & dietary needs - Waterman's, The Attic at Waterman's, and their entire team gets a TEN-STAR vote from us any day of the week!

Natalie · Married on 09/17/2016

We had our wedding reception in the Attic. We had a blast, and everything was executed seamlessly. Courtney Brough was great to work with. She was friendly, polite, helpful, and responsive to phone calls and e-mails. On the day of our wedding, Catalina and the staff at Waterman's were wonderful. We heard positive feedback from our guests about the Attic itself, as well as the food and the service. We are so glad we chose the Attic for our wedding reception space. We are thrilled with how everything turned out, and we wouldn't have changed a thing about our wedding. Thank you to Courtney and her team for doing such a great job and for making us feel special on our wedding day!

Alex · Married on 07/23/2016

We LOVE Courtney Whitby, Catalina, and the staff at Waterman's! The Attic hosted our rehearsal dinner on a Friday evening and our cocktail reception on the following Saturday night in July 2016. The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, the service is exceptional, and don't get me started on their Orange Crushes (all of our guests loved them!). Courtney consistently worked with me throughout the planning process to make sure both events matched our vision and budget, and she even followed up with all of our vendors (i.e. the photographer, the band, the cupcakes, and the photo booth) to make sure everyone was on the same page. Then Catalina took care of us on the days of our events. Everything was executed flawlessly! They even surprised us with a drink station with water, lemonade, and iced tea for our guests! Catalina was also super accommodating when I needed a break from the 100 degree weather that we had experienced during our beach ceremony. I had started to feel sick from dehydration so one of the bartenders, who is also an EMT, came to help! They kept the ice cold water coming, got me a fan and some fruit, and quickly thought on their feet on how to get the food out to the guests while I was recovering in the room that had currently been holding the hot food. They were truly amazing! Thank you, Waterman's, for your hard work, great attitudes, and support with making our wedding weekend more fabulous than we could have ever expected!

Worked with Courtney for an absolutely perfect wedding. Lots of feedback from our guests on wonderful food.

Mary · Married on 10/03/2015

We held our wedding and reception at Watermans. Courtney Brough, the event planner at Watermans, was so nice helping with all the arrangements and answering all my questions in a very timely manner. Initially the wedding was suppose to take place outside but Hurricane Joaquin changed that! Courtney was wonderful in getting everything re-arranged so we could hold our service indoors, including bringing our wedding arch indoors. The space was perfect for our 75 wedding guests. Everyone loved the beautiful view of the ocean!. We had an hors d' ourve reception and the food was wonderful! It was the most perfect wedding I could hope for!

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2015

Courtney and Courtney were an excellent team that provided my husband and I with a memorable evening we shared with our friends and family who could not make it to our destination wedding in the Caribbean. Our guests commented on how great the food and drinks were, and the service was excellent.

The Attic at Waterman's is the perfect location to host your rehearsal dinner. Anne and her staff were so friendly and easy to work with in planning the event. The venue has a stunning view and was set up beautifully for the rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious, and most importantly, it was served hot and to all of our guests at the same time. The staff that night was very professional and courteous. I would definitely host another event there!

Stephen · Married on 11/29/2014

The entire staff for The Attic At Waterman's Grille was fantastic. Would highly recommend this venue and their catering staff.

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

When I started looking at wedding venues, I quickly discovered that The Attic at Waterman's was not only an excellent value, but would also be an excellent experience! The reviews I read were simply glowing, so I put my faith in that information and booked the space. I am so THRILLED that I did! Working with the Attic staff was so easy. Courtney Williams (special events manager) was always available and provided me with so much helpful information, from possible vendors to recommended table set-up. On the big day, the event staff and banquet manager, Cydney, were incredibly helpful, accommodating, professional, and friendly. The ceremony and reception went perfectly and we received such positive feedback from our friends and family! They even let us store our leftovers there until the next day so that we didn't have to fuss with it. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an amazing space, amazing staff from start to finish, and an amazing value! I promise they will make your special day more than you can imagine! Thank you to everyone at Waterman's for such an incredible experience!!

Brian · Married on 10/18/2014

The Attic was incredible. I have been coming to Waterman's since I was a kid and they couldn't have done a better job of making our rehearsal dinner as memorable as possible.

They were even very accommodating to show a video (unplanned) during the dinner. The staff scrambled to get all the computers setup with the projector screen so we could show a video I prepared but had forgotten to mention to the coordinator.

Our reception of about 70 in total was absolutely perfect. We loved the food, service, and atmosphere of the Attic. Courtney G. was an absolute sweetheart, and answered every single question I had, as well as catered to my millions of requests. The event manager, Cyndey was wonderful, and helped keep the evening moving right along perfectly. I think 10 stars would be more appropriate for this fantastic restaurant, the friendly staff, gorgeous rustic banquet room, and the perfect location overlooking the beach! Couldn't ask for anything more!

During the process of planning my daughter's wedding the Event Managers at Waterman's were friendly, professional and very helpful. They made planning the reception easy with their great suggestions to make the evening flow more smoothly. We had planned to have the ceremony on the beach but the weather didn't cooperate so we turned to them and they made it so easy for us to have a beautiful last minute ceremony in the Attic with a temporary rearrangement of furniture and everyone was happy!
    The Attic is a lovely space with the ocean view and the warm wood finishes. We had 70 guests and had plenty of space for visiting, dancing etc. The food and cocktails were delicious, and the whole staff were so efficient I didn't have to do anything except dance and have fun all evening. All of our guests raved about the whole evening.
    We are so happy that we chose Waterman's for the big day.

Lauren · Married on 08/02/2014

The Attic at Waterman's was the perfect location for our wedding. They made the whole planning process SO easy. They had a list of suggested vendors for the cake, photographer, DJ, flowers, etc. which made everything very simple. We decided the day before that we needed to have the ceremony inside due to the high chance of rain and it was no trouble at all to make the switch. The Attic has so much charm character with the wall of windows overlooking the beach and all the wood detail that the only decorations we added were flowers. We worked with both of the Courtney's and they were incredible. Courtney W. was there for the actual wedding and she made sure we didn't have to worry about anything. The staff was helpful and friendly, the food was delicious, and everything just ran so smoothly. Many our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to and my new husband and I loved every minute of it. I can't imagine a wedding venue better than Waterman's!

Julia@m · Married on 07/19/2014

We were looking for a 'beachy place to hold our reception, and the Attic at Waterman's was perfect! The waterfront view, the cozy atmosphere, and the exceptional service made our event exactly what we had hoped for. Courtney worked with us every step of the way, helping us plan for the food and venue set up. She was lovely to work with and beyond patient with our questions and changes. The night of the event we were very impressed with the entire staff, from the bar tenders to the servers, to the chefs that prepared the delicious food. I wouldn't have changed a thing about the entire experience!

Mary · Married on 06/13/2014

The Attic at Waterman's was our dream location to have a Friday the 13th wedding at the beach. We loved working with Courtney Williams as well as Courtney Gearheart. They were so helpful leading up to our day.
    The food choices we had were delicious, the bartenders were so great, and the whole event staff made our wedding night perfect. Even on a busy Friday night, our wedding guests were all valet parked and offered an appetizer upon arriving. The food was warm all night and we even had some boxed up to take with us to the hotel! I am so glad we decided to book our wedding at The Attic, we wish we could do it all over again!

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

The event space is gorgeous and the staff is incredible. My wedding reception was amazing. The event was managed extremely well and The food was incredible. I highly recommend.

Ashley · Married on 11/16/2013

This place is fabulous ! I have nothing bad to report on Watermans, they went above and beyond to make my reception perfect!! Meeting and planning with the people there was easy and they always worked around my schedule. Aside from the venue being really beautiful on its own, they were very willing to let me decorate the way I wanted (within reasonable limitations). The food is amazing and there was plenty of room for the dj booth as well as a photo booth! The wait staff was on another level as far as customer service- we were so well cared for that night, and the staff/bartenders even helped to break down the decorations and table settings afterwards! I can't thank them enough for making my wedding day so wonderful!