20 Reviews for The Atrium at STEM

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

It was an overall amazing experience and we loved everything it offered!

Profile Picture Greg, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gina at Kean was amazing to work with throughout the whole process. She always responded quickly to my emails while planning everything beforehand. She did a great job coordinating with my other vendors. The day of she was extremely helpful with all aspects. She was on top of everything, like the pro that she is! She's the best!!
As for the venue itself, my family and friends all loved it. It's a beautiful location and definitely unique!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

While the venue may seem a bit unconventional, it is absolutely perfect. Everything we wanted on our special day. The space can accommodate large or small groups, and you have the option to do your ceremony indoors or outdoors. Their recommend vendor list was also very good. The wedding coordinators are top notch.

Profile Picture Maeghan, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is absolutely stunning. I wanted a cool contemporary modern venue for my twin boys' B'nai Mitzvah - and this place is it! But the best part is Gina Lampasona, the director, runs it for you. I was nervous about booking a venue where I had to bring in the caterer, but Gina was amazing and coordinated EVERYTHING - and followed all my instructions down to the last detail. She was responsive to all my questions, helped with things, collaborated on the floor plan, advised me and worked with all my vendors. Her communications with everyone was exceptional. I used Encore Catering, which was one of their recommended caterers and the food was amazing. Because I picked vendors (caterer and DJ company) who'd worked there before, it all went off without a hitch.

Profile Picture User7370305, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you're thinking out of the box, this is the place for you! My fiancé and I met in the STEM building and did not think twice about having our wedding there. Our Wedding Coordinator Gina was beyond compare!!!! We couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Lina, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had my daughter's Sweet SIxteen at The Atrium. It was magically..everything was perfect. Danielle Armstrong was a tremendous help with her assistance before and during our event. The location is beautiful during the day with the outside fountain and flowers and at night the room has a wonderful glow.

Profile Picture User5519939, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I choose this venue for my children's school fundraiser. As a wedding and event professional, I will definitely be showing the space to my clients as well!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

For our wedding, we really wanted to find a unique space that had a few different areas so that each stage of our event would have a new context. When we found the Atrium at STEM, we were amazed at how many options we had. There’s an outdoor deck, a upstairs conference space, and downstairs a main floor with extremely tall glass windows that look out onto the campus, a spiral staircase from the second floor which we also used for some fun and games. Then, guest could also mingle outside on the well kept campus.

Because we had a non traditional wedding and a unique theme (space) the Atrium was a fantastic option and the events coordinator Gina Lampasona was really invested in hearing about our ideas for our wedding and enthusiastic about having them come together and being able to support the kind of wedding we wanted. We found her extremely professional, handled vendors without us having to constantly check in, and kept us informed as time went on and our day was approaching. She was very accomodating when we needed some of our friends and family come into the space as they had offered to perform or setup services, like our own photo booth with a green screen.

Our wedding was definitely outside the standard, but Gina treated it as an opportunity rather than an exercise in frustration. She has a pleasant demeanor and was present for the event as well, helping set things up while we focused on getting photos and getting married. The wedding photos came out tremendous because of the well kept campus and mulltiple areas we used to hold different portions of the wedding event. Of great value of us to mention is that the fee charged for the venue includes all furniture required for the event (excluding linens) and that Gina had also organized and set up all of our decorations.

If you’re thinking of finding a truly unique space, I would highly recommend, whatever event it might be, to visit the Atrium at STEM and reference this review with Gina.

Profile Picture Dominik, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Outside Cake, Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Danielle. Danielle was extremely professional and provided quality customer service. She went above and beyond the call of duty, and it's because of Danielle that we even had a wedding at all! We received wonderful feedback from family and friends on how lovely things were. I highly recommend The Atrium at STEM!

Sincere thanks and gratitude,
Thomas and Kiyata Rankin

Profile Picture Kiyata, 12/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As a bride, I was very excited and had a vision on how our wedding would be. Gina at stem was more than helpful with helping us providing outside people to use and giving us honest feedback from previous weddings. Also her and her staff set up and had us take a preview to make sure everything was how we wanted it to be. The stem room is huge and was perfect for our wedding, it had a modern flare to it but felt so open with the high ceilings and wall to wall windows. There were a lot of weddings in our circle of friends, our guests are stilll talking about our wedding and said hands down it was the best one they have went to. The guests were blown away with the room. Thank you so much again

Profile Picture Monica, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kean University's STEM Building was GREAT!!! The food was wonderful! The venue was stunning! The staff bent over backwards for us, to allow me to have the day I have always dreamed of! It was perfect!! A bit pricey in that we had to get our own alcohol, which at times was hard to coordinate. But other than that it was AWESOME!!!

Profile Picture User3593449, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is no kitchen facility so your caterer needs to be able to work around that. The STEM do have their own caterer list & I did not use them because I wanted my own food and their caterers didn't have my type of menu. Also there is a fee for not using one of their preferred caterers along with the rental fee. The venue is beautiful and with decorations its spectacular. I truly enjoyed my wedding & reception there. The assistant manager (Gina) was very accommodating and was very helpful with all my concerns. It was a pleasure working with her. This venue is a 5 but there is no flexibility with negotiating the catering fee when using your own caterer.

Profile Picture Tonya, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

The venue is beautiful and Gina is an absolute pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture joanne, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at STEM 10/13/13 and have been getting nothing but rave reviews about the venue. It was great that the furniture and tableware were included in the site fee and catering cost. Even though there is only one choice for catering, the chef was not only talented but so nice. The food was excellent and we got exactly what we wanted. The event coordinators there were very good to work with and went above and beyond but there have not been many weddings at this venue so they don't have many photos or preferred vendors. A bride should be skilled at event planning or may want to hire a coordinator.

Profile Picture Laina, 10/13/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Danielle the event coordinator was the best she cater to our every need. we highly recommend this venue

Profile Picture Jefferson, 8/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our reception on 10/15/2017 at this venue and it was extremely breathtaking. Gina was amazing to work with and we were impressed with the way she was able to accommodate our needs for our event on such short notice. Our experience at The STEM building was quite memorable!

Profile Picture Satarra, 10/15/17, 4 Reviews
2.3

The venue space is absolutely beautiful. However, the catering that you are required to use is not great. The caterers that you are "required" to use by the venue are extremely overpriced and not very flexible. I had to go with the one caterer that would at least incorporate foods from my ethnic background and still it wasn't that great. I was very disappointed and would likely not use this venue again unless they allow better caterers or private caterers. The establishment on the other hand was nice.

Profile Picture Wanda, 11/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)