The Arch Reviews

The Arch 3
The Arch 4
The Arch 5

Mandy · Married on 01/06/2018

Our daughter’s winter wonderland wedding was absolutely magical! Thank you to The Arch and the A Team for a job well done.

The Arch 6
    Sent on 01/09/2018

The Arch's reply:

Such a beautiful bride and family.She will always be known as our "Snow Bride" Seven inches of snow on her beautiful day.

DEENA · Married on 10/28/2017

The Arch and Artistic Catering in Moncks Corner... We held our wedding reception at this beautifully decorated venue which is perfectly arranged to accommodate the entire wedding party. Mary Wilson and the A-Team took our vision and requests and made the dream come to life.The flower arrangements were absolutely stunning. The set up was flawless and the pavilion was warm and inviting to all of our guests. The entire reception went off on time and without issues. We would definitely recommend the Arch for any event. Artistic Catering, LLC served an amazing buffet that was beautifully displayed. Our guest were going back for seconds and weeks latter are still talking about how delicious everything was. We would recommend them for any event you may have.. Mary Wilson and the A-Team will not disappoint.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Katherine · Married on 10/14/2017

I want to take some time now to rave about our AMAZING wedding on Saturday that could not have been possible without the expertise of Mary T. Wilson at The Arch! I was one of those brides who knew exactly what she wanted...but not really. Lol Mary took my “sort of” vision and brought it to life! My guests were still saying how beautiful it was days later! She and her A-team took care of designing and creating wonderful flower arrangements, decorating the scenic wedding garden and gorgeous reception pavilion among countless other aspects. Seriously, no detail was spared! My group and I were able to relax and prepare in an entire floor of the renovated house that is absolutely beautiful! Her catering company, Artistic Catering, served deliciously fantastic food that was exactly what I wanted! The Arch will be the first place I recommend to anyone looking for a venue that truly does not disappoint!

Sent on 10/16/2017

The Arch's reply:

So enjoyed working with you and seeing your dream unfold. I also fell in love with your mom!!! Many years of happiness

Collene · Married on 10/14/2017

Mary and her staff did an outstanding job in making sure Katherine & Evan's wedding was perfect. Every detail was just the way they wanted it. The flowers and decor were spot on. It was just beautiful.
    The Arch has all you need for your special day. The house is perfect for the wedding party with each having their own room to get ready.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Angie · Married on 10/14/2017

Absolutely a nice unique venue for any occasion. Mary is a very nice accommodating person and the A-Team is also amazing. I attending a wedding shower at The Arch and from A-Z everything was beautiful and professional.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Joel · Married on 06/30/2017

The venue itself had an artistic flair of its own. The Southern styled, Charleston-esque room had a rustic vibe while maintaining an elegance which far surpassed our expectations. I could imagine almost any type of event being hosted there because the space is conducive for weddings, party's, dinners, meetings, ceremonies etc. As soon as you step foot inside I guarantee that your breath will be taken away. Mary and her team really did an exceptional job LISTENING to our thoughts/ideas and bringing the decor to life for our event. It was almost as if they personalized each detail of that space to really fit the occasion.
    The food was absolutely delectable. At first taste I thought to myself, this establishment could survive as a restaurant. There were such a vast array of menu items to choose from and judging from the taste I'm not sure how you could go wrong with anything you decide. Food presentation is huge for me. Right off the bat I could tell these folks knew what they were doing because they presented the food in such a manner that you'd feel comfortable inviting dignitaries to your event. When taste and presentation intersect you have a recipe for happiness!
    The customer service from The Artistic Catering Team is second to none. Mary's communication, from the moment we contacted her up to when we had our event, was stellar. Her energy and passion really shines through in what she does. I can truly say that it felt more like a family member (or a close friend for those with crazy relatives) helped bring this event to life. Her team was so incredibly welcoming and supportive that these words don't do it justice. We literally included them in our family pictures that we took during the event!! The level of service was so high that I can say, with confidence, that if all the accolades in the aforementioned paragraphs weren't so I'd still select this team to host my event.

Joel Bailey

Sent on 04/23/2016

The Arch's reply:

Thank you Joel, It was a please dealing with such a wonderful family.

Neva · event on: 05/07/2017

The Arch hosted our Berkeley County Republican Women's Tea. The house is charming and the wedding garden so lovely. Our yearly tea was held under the pavilion. It was perfect and Mrs. Wilson was very patient and kind.

Sent on 05/13/2017

CHRISTINA · Married on 04/08/2017

MOST AMAZING PLACE TO HAVE A WEDDING. MARY AND HER A-TEAM IS SO METICULOUS AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THEY WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOUR WEDDING WILL BE TOP NOTCH. FROM BEGINNING TO THE END OUR EXPERIENCE WAS NOTHING SHORT OF LUXURIOUS WITH A FINE SOUTHERN CHARM. FROM THE BEAUTIFUL PLANTATION HOME WHERE THE BRIDAL PARTY IS SEPARATED WITH A MEN'S CHANGING ROOM , LAVISHED WITH FOOD AND DRINKS....TO THE BRIDES ROOM THAT COMFORTABLY HOLD AND ALLOWS FOR THE BRIDE AND BRIDESMAIDS TO SIT, RELAX, GET DRESSED, MAKE-UP RIGHT UP TO THE CEREMONY. TO THE ACTUAL MARRIAGE SITE OUTDOORS AND THE GLAMOROUS WALK UP TO THE RECEPTION VENUE. IT'S ALL PERFECTLY ROMANTIC AND I PROMISE IT COMES CLOSE TO OR MAY EVEN BEAT THE CHARLESTON OVER PRICED AREAS FOR A WEDDING. WE FELT LIKE WE WERE IN A MOVIE. TOP NOTCH. THANKS MARY AND EVERYONE!!!

Sent on 07/15/2018

The Arch's reply:

we enjoyed every minute planning your day. It was an honor to be a part of your special day. wishing you many years of happiness and love

Michelle · Married on 04/01/2017

Mary at the Arch and the A-Team definitely made our wedding dream come to life. We fell in love with the Arch the moment we stepped foot on the property. It has such natural beauty and history. It was exactly what we were looking for to fit our needs for both a ceremony and reception. Mary was an active part of the planning process from the beginning to the end. She made herself available whenever we needed her and she was very responsive through text and email. Mary went over every aspect of the wedding with us, not leaving out a single detail. She gave us her suggestions on trustworthy vendors (many of which we used) and gave us suggestions and opinions on other aspects of the wedding that really helped us create the perfect day. If Mary didn't have it, she found a way to get it whether it was finding from an outside source or making it herself. She really does go above and beyond for your big day. You are not just a bride to her. She really invests her heart, time and energy in to giving you everything you dreamed of and more and it truly shows. On the big day, Mary and A Team handled everything from start to finish. Mary told me not to worry about anything on my big day and thanks to her I didn't have to. They were with me the entire day to make sure everything was perfect! Mary was there during the ceremony and reception to make sure everything was on time and running smoothly. We chose to have the food catered by Artistic Catering. The food was displayed beautifully and tasted amazing! Mary also personally made all of the bouquets, boutonnières and corsages for the wedding party. I went to her with a picture of the bouquet I wanted and when I saw it the day of the wedding it took my breathe away. It was exactly what I asked for and more. Words can't express how thankful I am to have had Mary, The A Team, & Artistic Catering with me on my special day!

Sent on 06/26/2017

The Arch's reply:

Michelle, thank you for those wonderful words and compliments. Your review made me smile and choke up. It was such a pleasure working with you..wishing you many years of happiness <3

Michael · Married on 02/15/2017

I am a wedding photographer based in Summerville South Carolina. Ive had the pleasure of shooting at The Arch on several occasions. The historic home dating back to the 1940’s is a 1st class venue. The owner, Mary, and her staff are awesome to work with with - there attention to detail and the “old country charm” should put The Arch at the top of your list.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Valerie · Married on 02/04/2017

The Arch, words alone cannot express what it means to get married at The Arch. You can have a wedding at any Venue and I'm sure it will be a day to remember. My daughter was a misplaced bride due to Hurricane Matthew. At the time we were devastated but God had another plan. They say God puts people in your life when you need the most. Well I can't thank him enough for putting Mary Wilson in our life. Like I said you can have a wedding at any Venue however having your wedding at The Arch is a magical even. Mary Wilson is not only very professional but is one of the kindest people I have met in a long time. To Mary your day is not just special to you it's special to her. I never thought I would be thankful for a hurricane but I am. If it wasn't for Matthew we wouldn't have met Mary and my daughter would gotten married but due to Matthew we met Mary and a magical day no one will ever forget. Thank you my new friend.

Sent on 06/22/2017

A big thank you to the Arch and the Artistic Catering Team!! You did such a phenomenal job on our mom's 60th birthday celebration! The professionalism and perfection that was placed on decorating, provision of pure customer service and food preparation really made that day a special occasion! That was a day that my mom and all who attended, will remember for the rest of our lives! Thank you for making us feel so special and well taken care of! Our mom woke up the morning after the celebration talking about how the event seemed like such a dream, from the decor, to the treatment, to the food! She hasn't stopped talking about the event! Thank you for making all of our wishes come true! Honestly, words cannot describe how deeply thankful we are to you and your team for all that you did! You deserve the best in this industry because you are the best at what you do! Wow! Speechless! Happy! Pleased! Thank you, thank you, thank you for blessing us with your perfection! ~ Joel and Niki (VERY satisfied customers)

Sent on 04/23/2016

The Arch's reply:

Thank you so much. It makes me happy that I was in New York and get a text of how wonderful my team was!!!

Maranda · Married on 11/27/2015

I have nothing but good things to say about The Arch. From the moment that I went to tour the venue for our wedding on February 18th, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something vintage with a touch of modern to accommodate 150+ guests. I loved the fact that I could bring in outside vendors. A major plus was that tables and chairs were included in the price. Mary went above & beyond to ensure my ceremony and reception went flawlessly. My biggest concern was having an outside covered wedding in February but it turned out to be perfect and didn't even have to use the fireplace!(the joy's of living in the south) All of my guests said they couldn't believe all the room that the venue had. It is truly a gem in little Ole Moncks Corner.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/26/2015

Mary did my entire Vow Renewal, from catering, finding a venue, decor, flowers, planning, and more! I had a very small set budget and had planned on doing most things myself to cut costs. But she found a way to do everything I had ever dreamed of, but couldn't do on my own. When unforeseen circumstances prevented us from being able to use her venue she found another without compromising my budget. Her catering was exactly what I asked for and delicious. Everyone raved about it afterwards. The decor was outstanding and the entire day went smoothly and everyone had the greatest time. Best of all, thanks to Mary, I had no stress the day of and could relax and focus on spending time with family. I would recommend any of her services to everyone I could!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Sarah · Married on 12/28/2014

This venue is absolutely stunning! The Arch is a southern style home perfect for a wedding. The bridal room has plenty of space to get ready and be with your wedding girls the day of. The groomsmen also had their own room. There is a memory room for those perfect first look pictures of the bride with her parents! I had my wedding here December 28, 2014 and I couldn't have had a better venue or staff working. Mary and her staff are extremely professional and sensitive to your needs as a bride. Her uncanny ability to nail exactly what you are looking for is outstanding. She incorporated my delicate special request to incorporate our daughter we lost August 27, 2014. She had a beautiful necklace made and wrapped it around the base of my bouquet (which she also made). She handled the decor and the catering. The food is so amazing. It's fresh and made to perfection. I also used the venue before the wedding for bridal portraits. I highly recommend this venue and staff to anyone who is looking to make their big day perfect.

Sent on 02/18/2015

The Arch's reply:

Sarah, you were a wonderful person to work with.. It was my pleasure

Tiffany · Married on 04/19/2014

Gorgeous venue for any occasion.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Terry · Married on 09/15/2018

There are no words to describe the love we have in our hearts for Mary Wilson at The Arch. For 2 and a half years, we spent hours on the phone throwing ideas around. She could see my vision, she figured out my likes and dislikes, and most importantly, she gained my trust. We had everything set- down to the very last detail and were beyond excited to have our day, set for Sept 15th. Then along came Hurricane Florence. With so many family members coming and the size of Florence, there were so many things that could go wrong. The storm that was heading our way was huge, and Charleston was slated to take a direct hit 2 DAYS BEFORE OUR WEDDING! Not wanting to place our family & friends in harms way, we made the decision to cancel our wedding. Monday morning (9/10) I called Mary in tears...I asked her if we could drive down (we live in Raleigh, NC) and sign our marriage certificate in my dress at the venue so I could at least have a few pictures taken. With voice cracking, she told me she would meet me at The Arch the next day at 10am.
    Long story short, Mary made it happen. Unbeknownst to us, she worked through the night and set up a small, but very beautiful setting for our wedding! She set out horderves, and there was a cake! She found a harpist, and a musician! It was all a surprise, and it was glorious! For the next hour and a half, we had a small ceremony with just family. We had our first dance, I danced with my Daddy, and we took photos all over the property. This disaster ruined our plans, but because of Mary, we ended up having the most amazingly intimate experience. It was absolutely incredible and something we will never forget. Mary is a special individual, with the biggest heart. She knows the importance of the occasion, and does everything in her power to make it perfect. There is no detail missed, nothing left to chance. In the face of heartbreak, Mary treated us like family. She turned our heartbreak into joy. Mary and The Arch are sheer PERFECTION!

The Arch 7
    The Arch 15
    The Arch 16
    Sent on 10/04/2018

The Arch's reply:

Terry, you brought me to tears again! Thank you for your amazing kind words.
  • Megan

Megan Bush · Married on 11/24/2018

Over the top experience!

Had my wedding on 11/24/18! Mary did awesome and went the extra mile to make my day everything I wanted! We had a few bumps along they way but in the end she worked everything out! I am so happy I picked this venue! My wedding day was everything I pictured it to be and more, I would definitely recommend this venue and the A-Team!!! #HappyArchBride

Also, We hired Marys catering service Artistic Catering, the food was delicious! The cocktail hour was a big hit! The guest loved the ginger snap pumpkin dip and her chicken spread as well!!! Highly recommend using the Venue and Artistic Catering it just makes everything a whole lot easier!

Sent on 11/28/2018