Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

934 Reviews for The American Wedding

Foil-Stamped (2)
Programs (1)
Letterpress (1)
934 The American Wedding Reviews

I wanting? red white and blue invitations I need to 200 of them to invite the 200 people to my red white and blue wedding

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/9/20, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I absolutely LOVE my wedding invitations! I didn't expect the emotion I felt when I saw them in person for the first time. Well done, The American Wedding!

I had searched many websites for hours to find something that expressed my style. I wanted something simple yet elegant. You offer many different options and you let me choose the wording I wanted. No crazy extra fees for every little thing. I would give 10 stars if that was an option. I am so, so happy! The website was easy to navigate, editing the invitations was a breeze. I took advantage of a 40% off sale and saved BIG (hundreds of dollars compared to other web sites!!) I placed the order and had my invitations in less than 2 weeks. Amazing! One happy bride here! Our invitations express the elegance of our wedding, the wording expresses our story, the color is brilliant and gorgeous! (Catherine Invitation, plum shimmer) I definitely recommend this website to anyone.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 10/6/18, 4 Reviews
3.6

I ordered samples on Feb 13th. It's now Feb 28th and I still haven't received them. It is frustrating because I was hoping to get them much sooner so I could start making the plans for my invitations. It really shouldn't take 15 days. I still don't know if they will ever arrive. I really don't know how many stars to put for all the topics because except for responsiveness.

Profile Picture Lizabeth, 7/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

We ordered our invitations from The American Wedding for our upcoming wedding and we are so impressed! We did a lot of research to find the style we were looking for at the best price and The American Wedding definitely hit the mark for both. Our invitations look even better than we could have imagined and we are so happy we found them!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/7/18, 1 Review
3.1

The website to customize your product from templates is infuriating. The amount of customization is limited and as others have said, not well explained. There is an option to pay an extra $50 for guest addressing, which doesn't seem that bad. However, you have to enter each address individually on their unique website. And by enter individually, I mean create a household, enter the address, save the list, repeat. My guest list was not that large, but it was still a very tedious process. The end product is all right and the prices are competitive, but the process to get there has been a headache.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/18, 1 Review
2.1

I received my invitations about 1.5 weeks ago. The invitations themselves are beautiful but about 15 of them arrived with print streaks on them. I called, spoke with a rep (who wasn't super pleasant might I add) and they mailed 15 new invitations pretty fast. Well, I got the 2nd batch and there was gold ink on them which I'm assuming transferred from the writing on the inside plus there were black ink/dirt marks on the floral design. I honestly don't feel like trying for a 3rd batch so I figured I'd just write a review to give future brides a warning. I'm going to get the invitations I still need from another company :( Like others have said, you must enter guest addressing manually which is time consuming if you plan on having a large party and be mindful of holidays, they might take extended time off which i learned the hard way.

Profile Picture Alesha, 4/15/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Catalog Invitations, Thermography

I specifically was supported by Sandra for purchasing my wedding invitations. She was absolutely amazing. They sent me a free sample of the invitation I wanted to purchase and Sandra was incredibly responsive and supportive in helping us customize an invitation that we loved. Our invitation came out exactly the way we wanted it and I would absolutely return to their website for any future invitation needs I might have. Thank you so so much for all your support!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/22/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Design, Printing, Shipping, Catalog Invitations

Oh my gosh--I'm so pleased!! We ordered two samples and they arrived within a few days. The samples were simply beautiful!! In addition, they were so elegant, we're going to have a hard time deciding between the two! We received another sample from another vendor and the quality was no where near the quality of these. We will definitely be ordering invitations from you in the very near future. Can't wait to work with you!! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
3.9

Let me start off by saying the invitations came out really nice, we have been getting compliments about how pretty they are. With that being said, the process to get there was not easy. Making changes is difficult, the spacing isn't explained that much, which led to aggravation and many changes. Also, if you plan to have them address your invites, know that there isn't an upload option, you have to manually enter the addresses in one by one, not ideal when you have 200 invites....They are a professional company and willing to help, I just didn't expect it to be as much as work as it was.

Profile Picture Ashley , 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations

We were quite pleased with the entire invitation selection and ordering process through The American Wedding. They had a lot of options for designs, an impressive amount of customization available (even down to the amount of spacing between lines, which could be adjusted based on what font you selected) that allowed for a really professional and personal final product. We loved being able to order samples of our favorite papers and designs; there's nothing like getting the real feel of it in your hands! And the price was very reasonable, which meant we felt we could spring for the lined inner envelopes for that touch of extra 'zing!' The sales rep who reached out to us was extremely helpful, and the printing and delivery quite fast.

Profile Picture Meg, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Eco-Friendly, Printing, Shipping, Thermography, Catalog Invitations, Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards

So wedding planning is overwhelming, and when it came down to invitations I was extremely overwhelmed. Everything I wanted I was quoted $1000+ dollars for (about 125 invitations, RSVP cards w/ envelops, and reception/accommodation cards).

I played around with multiple websites but kept getting frustrated. My mom found The American Wedding and noticed they had a bunch of invitations on sale for 50% off, for that week only. I found a style that I liked (thermography printing), and I get got an envelop with a liner, my insert cards, my RSVP envelops pre-addressed, and all of the main envelopes addressed. With proofing, assembly, and insurance, this came out about $700 ... BEFORE THE 50% off.

I really was afraid it was too good to be true and that they would be cheap when they arrived. Everything arrived today, neatly organized in a box, and they are BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't be happier, and neither could my wedding budget.

I am writing this review to brides who also cannot justify spending another $1000+ on invitations... YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Our invites were beautiful, exactly what we wanted, and the process was smooth. We decided to make a few changes to our first proof and they were very accommodating, getting it done without any issues. We even got lucky and the invitations we wanted became part of their weekly Flash 50% Off Sale so we jumped at it before we lost our chance to get an amazing deal on our invitations! This allowed us to add all the "bells and whistles" that we wanted without going above our budget. The quality was great and they arrived very quickly. Their selection was also much more varied than all the standard online invitation websites. In my opinion those other websites offered invitations that were too informal, overpriced, and way too contemporary, nothing classic and timeless like The American Wedding's offerings. I definitely recommend them and will be looking to purchase my thank you cards through them as well.

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/5/17, 16 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards, Assembly, Design, Printing, Shipping, Thermography

I originally found a design I liked on their sister site: MyGatsby.com back in 2015. I couldn't find it early in 2016 when I was looking to start the process of designing and ordering invitations. I contacted their customer service and they informed me that it had been removed while they were working on their sites. They were nice enough to put it on theamericanwedding.com so I could start the process. I spent many days changing the design, the wording, the colors until I found the perfect combination. I contacted their customer service via chat plenty of times, asking general questions. I love sites that have the chat feature so you get a response quickly instead of waiting for an email. I ended up emailing back and forth with their rep, Alexis. She helped me with so much and was always very nice despite there being so many emails from me! :) She paid close attention to details, and when we noticed a coding error causing a color to show up in the design process but not on the invitation itself, Alexis assured me that she would take care of my order and make sure that she viewed all the pieces before it would be shipped out so it would only be my wedding colors. I have already suggested this site to my engaged friends, and will continue to do so. I got a great deal on my order as well, since as every bride knows, a great deal is always appreciated! (Items ordered: 2-layer invitation, RSVP card, Reception card, thank you cards, extra envelopes for invitations, plus included envelopes for invitations, RSVP, and thank you cards.)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards, Thank Yous, Assembly, Design, Eco-Friendly, Embossed, Foil-Stamped, Letterpress, Printing, Shipping, Thermography

Got our save the dates quickly and they looked amazing. We also got a gift card for the cost of the save the dates to put towards our invitations. Will definitely be getting our invitations through them as well.

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

is company went way above & beyond to help me with wedding invitations as well as programs! We even rain into a mistake we made 3 days before the wedding and they reprinted them right away & we got them before the big day! Will definitely use them again when our other daughter gets married! They are amazing!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Design, Printing, Shipping, Custom Invitations, Programs, RSVP Cards

I initially came across these invites when searching for some on Etsy. I decided to use them for our wedding. I LOVED the invites. We received quite a few compliments on them. My mother wanted to make some adjustments after we placed our order and they were easy to work with an happily accommodated. Not to mention, the price was better than anywhere else I found, especially for the quality. I'd definitely recommend! -Shelby

Profile Picture Shelby, 3/16/17, 1 Review
0.8

They totally botched our invitations and communicated they wouldn't redo. The typeset on the invitation was different than the typeset on the envelope. It was aweful. We ended up having the envelopes printed locally as we were in a time crunch to send out. Finally, at the beginning of the next week my daughter calls them and they communicated they would have been glad to rush and redo. This was NOT communicated 3 days prior. Invites were beautiful, envelopes wrong, botched, commas in wrong places. Note to self; order in plenty of time in the event you need to correct.

Profile Picture angela, 3/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

They had the exact design I was looking for!

Profile Picture User7882513, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
0.5

I wish I could give them negative reviews. This company is HORRIBLE! First, the invitations arrived dirty. Then, a week later they sent a clean ones but instead of sending 75 (as we ordered and paid for) they sent us only 52. The customer service is awful. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your invitations. THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE.

Profile Picture Elena, 1/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

They were great! I needed them to email me back a list of the invites that I had sent, a request they said they had never had before, but they figured it out and sent it the next day! Very responsive.

Profile Picture User6784663, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I ordered a custom version of their classic invitation suite (just one enclosure card). The owner was wonderful to work with - we went back and forth 3 or 4 times on the proofs (I changed the font, then my parents couldn't make up their minds what titles they wanted to use) and she made every correction I asked for! Responses were fast if on a weekday, but not over weekends, so brides should figure that in. The invitations were beautiful! The RSVP and enclosure cards were on thinner cardstock than the invitation itself, but still good quality - that was fine with me because it kept the whole thing under 1oz so it was cheaper to mail. Some trimming and assembly required.

Overall, compared to sites selling similar invitation suites, I probably saved 50-60% by going with The American Wedding. Couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture User6120721, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Design, Printing, Shipping, Thermography, Catalog Invitations, Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards

I ordered my wedding invitations from their website, they were amazing! I was nervous about how they would look once I got them but I couldn't have been more pleased!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Our invitations arrived yesterday and are perfect and beautiful! Really great value also, I got very nice invites on high quality paper with thermographic (raised ink) printing for about half of what other places wanted for so-so paper and laser printing. With a coupon the company sent me I was even able to get the lined inner envelopes and still stay well under my tiny ($100!) invite budget. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/20/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Printing, Shipping, Thermography, Custom Invitations

I absolutely loved working with them! I had a 100 questions because I was nervous to order online without feeling or seeing the quality. Once I called customer service they suggested I order a free sample before I take the plunge! The paper was high quality and was exactly what I was looking for! They were responsive and the pricing was reasonable!

Profile Picture User6352148, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Thermography, Custom Invitations, Thank Yous
4.3

The American Wedding offers a great variety of wedding invitations, at a really reasonable price. So many people I know have gone with Wedding Paper Divas, but my husband and I actually preferred the selection that The American Wedding provided. They have plenty of coupons and their prices on fancier styles, such as the thermography we went with, are very reasonable compared to many other stores and websites.

We had one hiccup with our order. The spacing was really off in between our names and a few other lines, even though we paid $20.00 for a digital proof and everything looked perfect on that. It was frustrating because we had dedicated hours to making sure the spacing looked right! Fortunately, we also paid $20.00 for insurance, so we called their customer service right away. We spoke with the very pleasant Alexis R. and she quickly realized our issue and got a replacement order in motion. The replacements took over a week to arrive, which did mess with our timeline for when we had wanted the invites sent out. However, they did look perfect at that point, so we were more or less able to take the situation in stride.

Despite the hiccup, we received tons of compliments on our invitations, so overall we were happy! I definitely recommend going with the insurance no matter what.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Assembly, Embossed, Foil-Stamped, Printing, Shipping, Thermography