The American Wedding Reviews

936 Reviews for The American Wedding

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

936 The American Wedding Reviews

Ashley · Getting married on 05/09/2020

I wanting? red white and blue invitations I need to 200 of them to invite the 200 people to my red white and blue wedding

Sent on 04/05/2017

The American Wedding's reply:

Hello, Ashley! If you're looking at online ordering options for wedding invitations, we've got you covered! You can find our wide selection of items to customize for your theme and colors at www.theamericanwedding.com Feel free to reach out to our invitation specialists here on WeddingWire or through our website any time!

Gabrielle · Married on 10/06/2018

I absolutely LOVE my wedding invitations! I didn't expect the emotion I felt when I saw them in person for the first time. Well done, The American Wedding!

I had searched many websites for hours to find something that expressed my style. I wanted something simple yet elegant. You offer many different options and you let me choose the wording I wanted. No crazy extra fees for every little thing. I would give 10 stars if that was an option. I am so, so happy! The website was easy to navigate, editing the invitations was a breeze. I took advantage of a 40% off sale and saved BIG (hundreds of dollars compared to other web sites!!) I placed the order and had my invitations in less than 2 weeks. Amazing! One happy bride here! Our invitations express the elegance of our wedding, the wording expresses our story, the color is brilliant and gorgeous! (Catherine Invitation, plum shimmer) I definitely recommend this website to anyone.

Lisa · Married on 08/31/2018

They had exactly what I wanted. I got matching save the dates, invitations, seating cards & favors tags and everything was top quality!

Gretchen · Married on 04/21/2018

The invitations were beautiful! It was hard to find elegant looking beach themed invitations that didn't cost a fortune, but they have them and they provide a sample set so you can tell how to compile it.
    The address printing service was super helpful, and they were fast about sending everything.

Angie · Married on 01/26/2018

I loved my inviataions ..they were beautiful, and no hidden costs. The price was unbeatable. Great quailty.

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2017

I specifically was supported by Sandra for purchasing my wedding invitations. She was absolutely amazing. They sent me a free sample of the invitation I wanted to purchase and Sandra was incredibly responsive and supportive in helping us customize an invitation that we loved. Our invitation came out exactly the way we wanted it and I would absolutely return to their website for any future invitation needs I might have. Thank you so so much for all your support!

Margaret · Married on 09/23/2017

Oh my gosh--I'm so pleased!! We ordered two samples and they arrived within a few days. The samples were simply beautiful!! In addition, they were so elegant, we're going to have a hard time deciding between the two! We received another sample from another vendor and the quality was no where near the quality of these. We will definitely be ordering invitations from you in the very near future. Can't wait to work with you!! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/01/2016

The American Wedding's reply:

Hi Margaret! I'm so glad you were pleased with the samples! We look forward to working with you on your big day! :) We are here for you, so just let us know what you need! The American Wedding

Meg · Married on 08/12/2017

We were quite pleased with the entire invitation selection and ordering process through The American Wedding. They had a lot of options for designs, an impressive amount of customization available (even down to the amount of spacing between lines, which could be adjusted based on what font you selected) that allowed for a really professional and personal final product. We loved being able to order samples of our favorite papers and designs; there's nothing like getting the real feel of it in your hands! And the price was very reasonable, which meant we felt we could spring for the lined inner envelopes for that touch of extra 'zing!' The sales rep who reached out to us was extremely helpful, and the printing and delivery quite fast.

• Jackie

Jackie · Married on 05/05/2017

Our invites were beautiful, exactly what we wanted, and the process was smooth. We decided to make a few changes to our first proof and they were very accommodating, getting it done without any issues. We even got lucky and the invitations we wanted became part of their weekly Flash 50% Off Sale so we jumped at it before we lost our chance to get an amazing deal on our invitations! This allowed us to add all the "bells and whistles" that we wanted without going above our budget. The quality was great and they arrived very quickly. Their selection was also much more varied than all the standard online invitation websites. In my opinion those other websites offered invitations that were too informal, overpriced, and way too contemporary, nothing classic and timeless like The American Wedding's offerings. I definitely recommend them and will be looking to purchase my thank you cards through them as well.

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2017

I originally found a design I liked on their sister site: MyGatsby.com back in 2015. I couldn't find it early in 2016 when I was looking to start the process of designing and ordering invitations. I contacted their customer service and they informed me that it had been removed while they were working on their sites. They were nice enough to put it on theamericanwedding.com so I could start the process. I spent many days changing the design, the wording, the colors until I found the perfect combination. I contacted their customer service via chat plenty of times, asking general questions. I love sites that have the chat feature so you get a response quickly instead of waiting for an email. I ended up emailing back and forth with their rep, Alexis. She helped me with so much and was always very nice despite there being so many emails from me! :) She paid close attention to details, and when we noticed a coding error causing a color to show up in the design process but not on the invitation itself, Alexis assured me that she would take care of my order and make sure that she viewed all the pieces before it would be shipped out so it would only be my wedding colors. I have already suggested this site to my engaged friends, and will continue to do so. I got a great deal on my order as well, since as every bride knows, a great deal is always appreciated! (Items ordered: 2-layer invitation, RSVP card, Reception card, thank you cards, extra envelopes for invitations, plus included envelopes for invitations, RSVP, and thank you cards.)

Sent on 05/09/2016

The American Wedding's reply:

Hi Stephanie! I'm so happy to hear you had a great experience with our customer service. Making sure our clients are happy is our number one priority! Thanks again and Congratulations on your wedding!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2017

Got our save the dates quickly and they looked amazing. We also got a gift card for the cost of the save the dates to put towards our invitations. Will definitely be getting our invitations through them as well.

Jennifer · Married on 04/08/2017

is company went way above & beyond to help me with wedding invitations as well as programs! We even rain into a mistake we made 3 days before the wedding and they reprinted them right away & we got them before the big day! Will definitely use them again when our other daughter gets married! They are amazing!

Brooke · Married on 12/31/2016

They were great! I needed them to email me back a list of the invites that I had sent, a request they said they had never had before, but they figured it out and sent it the next day! Very responsive.

Theresa · Married on 10/21/2016

I ordered my wedding invitations from their website, they were amazing! I was nervous about how they would look once I got them but I couldn't have been more pleased!

• Sara822

Sara · Married on 10/20/2016

Our invitations arrived yesterday and are perfect and beautiful! Really great value also, I got very nice invites on high quality paper with thermographic (raised ink) printing for about half of what other places wanted for so-so paper and laser printing. With a coupon the company sent me I was even able to get the lined inner envelopes and still stay well under my tiny ($100!) invite budget. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2016

The American Wedding's reply:

So glad you had such a wonderful experience! And Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Kelly · Married on 08/06/2016

This was a great option for us and everything turned out great.

Colleen · Married on 07/03/2016

I spent months looking for the perfect wedding invitations, and after receiving a few samples from The American Wedding, I ordered our Clutch Pocket invites and was incredibly impressed and in love with the product. This company also had the option of addressing the guest envelopes and return envelopes, which looked awesome and saved me a ton of time. We ordered RSVP post cards which were super cute and also saved us on stamps (post card stamps were significantly cheaper than regular stamps.) Finally, these products were exactly what I wanted and within my budget. Thank you!

Susan · Married on 05/24/2016

The website was easy to use to find the invitations and to change the details on the invitation. The draft email was sent over timely and when there was a mix up they quickly fixed the problem. The final product was very professional and looked great! Thank you for being a part of our wedding day!

Emily · Married on 03/19/2016

We got our invitations done with this site. They are constantly having amazing sales, and we were able to get the invitations of our dreams for an amazing discount. High quality product for an amazing value. Saved us hundreds of dollars.

Sent on 04/10/2016

The American Wedding's reply:

So glad you had such a great experience! Our customers are our number one priority! I'm sure you will have a wonderful wedding! :)
  • Erik

Erik · Married on 02/27/2016

We used The American Wedding for our complete suite of wedding stationery and could not be more pleased with the results. After doing a ton of research (and quite a bit of business with other companies for other projects), we decided that TAW offered the best combination of value, range and customization, and--most importantly--quality. We were not disappointed. Many friends--lots of whom are also checking out wedding stationery--have remarked on the high quality of our save-the-dates and invitations, and they're floored when we tell them that we were able to select and fully customize them online and have them shipped right to our door in a little over a week. We have very discriminating tastes, but we give The American Wedding our highest recommendation.

Sent on 09/21/2015

The American Wedding's reply:

Hello! Congratulations on your wedding! We are honored that you chose us for your wedding invitations, and we are so pleased the review you gave us we would love to put it on our website! We do want to make sure you are comfortable with that! Thanks!

I found out about The American Wedding from my best friend and her mother, as they had used this same site for her wedding invitations in 2014. I'm so glad I received this recommendation, as working with this company was super easy and my invites came in quickly! The invitations were elegant, but inexpensive and conveyed the atmosphere we were looking for during our winter wedding. Calling the company was easy and they set realistic expectations for shipping and delivery. I highly recommend this company if you're looking for reasonably priced invitations!

JENNIFER · Married on 10/04/2015

We selected the "Gwen" design -- I absolutely love it, classic but modern. Order shipped promptly, no complaints about quality on invitations or printing. The foil and debossed technique makes for a really elegant looking design without being super expensive. Envelopes could have been a little nicer, but that seems to be a very common complaint among all the mass market invitation companies so it's not a make or break issue. We had a 40% off coupon which made them VERY cost effective compared to other companies that have the foil technique. Overall we're very satisfied.

NICOLE · Married on 09/26/2015

I got my wedding invitations online at The American Wedding. I originally was looking at an invitation suite on Etsy, but at $7 per invitation, I was paying more for the invitations than I was for my chair rentals! In the interest of staying within my budget, I started looking online. I came across the Cora Invitations and fell in love! I researched doing my own invitations on the same paper, but could not find anyplace in town or online that could beat the price. I ordered have of my invitations as a single layer and half as a double layer. I gave out the pricier invitations to family and close friends, and gave the less expensive version to coworkers. Both were stunning and high quality! I had the single layer version printed in gold thermography ink on aquamarine metallic paper and the double layer was gold thermography ink on white paper on top of the aquamarine metallic paper. They were truly elegant and beautiful and I loved them even more than the more expensive invitations I found on Etsy! I highly recommend The American Wedding.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/19/2015

I ordered my invitations online and took a risk, because you can't see them or feel them until they are purchased and printed and sent to you.
    They were more than I could have expected. The texture of the paper, the font, and calligraphy was perfect. I couldn't have been happier with the final product! I would totally recommend The American Wedding to any of my friends. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

The American Wedding's reply:

Hello! Congratulations on your wedding! We are honored that you chose us for your wedding invitations, and we are so pleased with the review you gave us we would love to put it on our website! We do want to make sure you are comfortable with that! Let us know! Thanks!

Michelle · Married on 09/12/2015

We were able to order everything online and received all invitations in a timely manner. The quality was as expected and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them so far. We didn't go really high end on invitations or envelopes and they ran a great special for 40% off which seems to run often.