The American BBQ Reviews

15 | Rowley, MA

15 Reviews for The American BBQ

Christine · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing BBQ!

The American BQQ was a hit at our wedding - everyone could not stop talking about how great it was! They are professional, responsive, affordable and delicious. There entire staff were amazing and they are extremely helpful through our the planning process (they brought up things I didn’t even think of!) I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Ellie Heisey · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing service and delicious food!

Michelle and her team were amazing! We had a multicultural wedding where we merged BBQ with Nigerian food. Michelle worked with us to make a buffet where our guests were able to try both food types. Everyone was raving about the food and I was so thankful we went through a company that was so punctual, organized and produced such a delicious meal! Thanks so much!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Linda

Linda Strong · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent food and service

Food is amazing. Guests at our daughters wedding raved about how delicious the food was. Pulled pork, loaded potato salad, ribs.. too much to mention each food. Very good!

The service was outstanding! Every small detail was taken care of and servers wouldn’t have been attentive.

From our 1st phone call, to emailing, Michele is a gem to work with. She makes sure you get what you ask for. She takes the time to go over menu options and ideas.

We highly recommend using their service!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Ponzani · Married on 04/14/2019

Affordable, Great Food, and a Joy to Work With

We hired them for my brother's wedding in April and Michele was such a joy to work with! The whole time she was professional, responded to our million questions promptly and made sure everything was exactly how the bride and groom envisioned. They were prompt the day of, managed to handle all of our requests, and made the day go super smooth. The food was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend the pulled pork and adding the brisket! Overall, they were a delight to work with and would definitely hire again for another event.

Sent on 04/15/2019

The American BBQ's reply:

Thanks Caitlyn, It was a beautiful wedding with wonderful guests!!! Everyone was so friendly and grateful. We enjoyed ourselves so much and appreciated all you did. Your brother is a lucky man. He and the bride looked so joyful all night, it was special to witness. It was a pleasure working with you and hopefully our paths will cross again sometime soon. Visit us at The American BBQ anytime.
    Kind Regards,
    Michele Pierrro
    The American BBQ
  • F

Frederick · Married on 09/29/2018

We couldn't have been happier with the service they provided, and our guests couldn't have been happier with the food. I'd go with them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Lindsay · Married on 07/28/2018

I can’t say enough good things; The food was fantastic, the layout was wonderful, the woman who did the set up was very on the ball and helpful! Again, everyone LOVED the food! I was very impressed with even the brownies and I think my husband had at least 4 of the cheesecake ones. American BBQ were GREAT and I can’t wait to eat with them again!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Robb · Married on 07/14/2018

We were absolutely blown away by not only the food, but the servers as well! I couldn't have asked for a more courteous and helpful duo if we sought them and hired them ourselves! They made sure the food was served hot, fresh and fast, and then beyond that, they assisted with things that really had nothing to do with the catering - they set up the cupcake tower, they set up the candy table, they made sure my bride and I had plates wrapped up to go, and handled most of the trash. The food itself is INCREDIBLE!! Almost every guest (literally, I'm not joking) has told me since the wedding that the food was just perfect. I've been to a few BBQ joints since the day, and let me tell you, they got nothing on The American BBQ, even the ones claiming to be the best southern authentic BBQ in the northeast. They certainly aren't, because they are not the American BBQ. Make sure to try the spicy BBQ - best BBQ sauce I've ever had! Thanks again Michele and the rest of the staff at the American BBQ for playing a HUGE part in making our day PERFECT!!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Julia · Married on 06/09/2018

Michele was wonderful to work with. We wanted a reasonably priced delicious meal for our wedding and the American BBQ met every expectation. Everyone raved about the food expecially the mashed potatoes and steak tips. We were so pleased with everything! Michele was a big help not only with the food but with our set up and making sure everything went smoothly. We highly recommend the American BBQ catering!

Sent on 07/21/2018

The American BBQ's reply:

Thank you for the review, Julia. We enjoyed working with you as well. Your wedding was so fun and at a beautiful location! Best, Michele.

Kate · Married on 06/01/2018

American BBQ was the best decision I made for my Wedding. Michelle was always friendly and professional. We were a little hesitant about them traveling so far to our venue, but we couldn't have asked for anything better! The food was absolutely amazing, hot, and flavorful. The staff that served the food were also very friendly and professional. My guests are still talking about the food 3 weeks later. I will be referring them to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 06/14/2018

The American BBQ's reply:

We enjoyed working with you, too, Kate! We hope you are enjoying the married life :)

Nathalie · Married on 09/16/2017

We used The American BBQ for our wedding in September and we couldn’t have been happier. The food was delicious and the setup was beautiful. Michele was great to work with, she made the planning easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 07/02/2018

The American BBQ's reply:

Thank you so much, Nathalie! We are glad you were so happy!

Carol · Married on 09/09/2017

American BBQ catered a party at our home for out of town guests that attended our daughter's wedding. Their website is easy to navigate and user friendly. Michele was very responsive and helpful throughout the planning. I received a very detailed quote explaining all the costs. The food was terrific and it took so much stress off of me, after the wedding. The delivery person showed up on time, was quick at setting up everything, was polite and helpful. We planned on food for 35 people and had plenty of leftovers. We had many compliments on the quality of the food and I got to visit with our guests instead of working the whole time. I would definitely recommend American BBQ and thrilled with the whole experience. No negatives at all!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/13/2017

The food was fresh, hot and delicious. The staff was very friendly and personable. They went above and beyond their scope of work. Average per person cost for my wedding was$24. They even supplied and cut our wedding cake!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Meah · Married on 11/28/2015

Michele and team at American BBQ were amazing!! The food was delicious, and all the guests loved it!! We were able to feed a large number of guests at a reasonable budget price. I would definitely hire them again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Christina · Married on 04/16/2011

So delicious! We had them cater dinner for our conference and the whole experience was fantastic. Very professional, food was packed perfectly so nothing leaked, and everything tasted amazing. The attendees really enjoyed the meal, and I really enjoyed working with American BBQ! Can't recommend them highly enough!!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Meaghan · Married on 09/01/2019

Delicious BBQ (that we actually ate!)

Yes, we ate at our wedding and I am sure glad we did cause American BBQ made some mouth-watering deliciousness that I am glad we got to enjoy. They were responsible, flexible, and communicative throughout the planning process and really know how to feed the masses. We were nervous about not using a traditional caterer for our nearly 200 person wedding but I'm so glad we did something a little fun and different and multiple people commented on how great the food was.

Sent on 09/08/2019