The Allan House Reviews

The Allan House 7
  • Casey

Kaitlyn Henderson · Married on 04/20/2019

A perfect evening!

My Daughter had her wedding at the Allan House, located in the heart of Austin in April 2019. We had about 90 people and the Allan House and grounds perfectly accommodated us for the ceremony, cocktails & appetizers, dinner and dancing. It was beautiful! They provide all the tables and chairs for the evening activities. It was also very accessible for our guests with a parking lot (rented extra) right by the venue. Additionally, they worked very well with all our other vendors. Juliana, the manager, was informative, responsive and always eager to help. I would look forward to having another event at the Allan House.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Katy Cahalan · Married on 03/29/2019

Wedding 3.29.19

The Allan House is an incredible venue. Juliana was awesome to work with. She answered all of our emails quickly and was there for us from start to finish. The venue provides so much for the price and it was the smartest decision we made! We had the perfect weather and the backyard looked like a dream for our wedding. We picked all of our vendors through the preferred vendors list and they all were incredible and everything went smoothly the day of. I wish we could relive that night again!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • stephanie

stephanie · Married on 11/04/2018

What a special place!

The Allan House was the 2nd venue we looked at and as soon as we left the tour, our minds were made up. The venue is beautiful, elegant, and the outdoor area is heavenly. Juliana was our point of contact from the beginning. She is great with answering any questions and very informative about the whole process. It can get overwhelming! But she helped us out.

Our wedding was just how we imagined it. We had the wedding ceremony and reception outdoors with cocktail hour and cake cutting indoors. The bride and groom suites are spacious. We were able to keep the bouquets in my room and all of my bridesmaids got dressed in there. Everything went smoothly on the day of! We had a blast at the Allan House. And we received our deposit back swiftly.

The only time I ever had frustration was not directly with the Allan House but with the tent rental and due to our lack of research on prices/process of said rental.We didn't need the tent so it was all perfectly fine in the end. It would NOT have changed our decision to go with the Allan House by any means..I just would have prepared the budget to account for that possibility. So this gripe is just a heads up to do your research and be prepared for it if you have a budget you need to stay in. We reserved a tent just in case and were able to do a tent share with the other brides so it cut our deposit down to 1/3. The tent share process itself is pretty annoying..But that's more of an issue with the rental companies.

Sent on 12/17/2018
    The Allan House 13
    The Allan House 14

Ellen Feste · Married on 09/29/2018

Charming and unique

We got married at the Allan House last month and found the venue director to be very helpful and flexible on your timeslot. The venue is unique and conveniently located near many churches if you want to have your ceremony elsewhere. It was beautiful and your most lucky if you score great weather. We had a great time and while it is unique and different from other venues, we found it to be a nice change from venues that have everything in one room. They say guest count 150, but we had more and it was fine, granted, we also did not have to turnover the space since our ceremony was across the street at the church. We had to use the tent due to rain in the morning, but I think it is more preferable and pretty without the tent if you add some chandelier touches.

Sent on 10/30/2018
    The Allan House 15

Virginia · Married on 04/22/2017

We absolutely had the best experience working with the Allan House Team. Juliana, the event manager, is responsive, always willing to help and highly responsive. We didn't have a single issue with the Venue and were given a ton of extra insights/vendor recommendations and more from Juliana.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Cassandra · Married on 12/03/2016

The Allan House was the perfect venue for our formal romantic wedding! The house is gorgeous and we used the winter clear tent in the back which was my dream come true! Juliana was a fantastic help and so sweet! They helped to make our wedding day run smoothly by allowing us for multiple walk throughs and a rehearsal!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Casey · Married on 07/03/2016

As soon as we became engaged, i began looking at different venues. The Allan House was the only venue that was cost efficient and still beautiful that I could find! It was also dog friendly (important to us - our dog was our ring bearer!) I loved all of the antique furniture on the inside of the house and the amazing trees in the courtyard. Be aware though that you may have to pay for a rain tent, this venue does not provide that. One thing I wish I would have done was make a sign for the bridal suite. Even when we had the door shut during the cocktail hour and reception, people kept walking through there to go to the bathroom (there are other bathrooms at the venue too!) and just to sit in there when my bridal parties purses and other personal items were laying around the room. It was very weird that people did this, so I suggest to make a sign! But this is not the Allan Houses fault at all! The staff and venue were amazing and the staff was very prompt with replying to emails during the planning process!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Anu · Married on 06/11/2016

The Allan House was the first and only venue I saw. I immediately fell in love with the romantic aesthetic of the place. It was the perfect size for 130 guests. I also had an Indian-Hindu wedding and my husband is neither, which brought its own logistical challenges. Juliana was very knowledgeable about how to navigate our unique situation. We had a baraat (groom's procession) down San Antonio to the house and we had a mandap, which is similar to a hoopah, in the courtyard. I got tons of compliments on the venue. The Allan House is a one of a kind place, and if your wedding is 150 guests or under, this place has the best value and aesthetic. That they don't impose vendors on you is an added bonus. The Allan House perfectly matched our personalities and felt very Austin. Hotel ballrooms are vastly overrated, especially when compared to this beautiful space.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Erica · Married on 02/26/2016

The most special venue there ever was! Once my husband and I toured the Allan House at one of their open house events, and met the wonderful Juliana, we knew that the Allan House was the place for us. We picked a late February wedding date so that we could have access to their glorious winter tent. And boy was it glorious. We had about 90 guests attend our wedding, and it was the most magical day of our lives. We worked with Loot Vintage Rentals to add the most beautiful custom draping to the ceiling of the tent, and it made it even more perfect! The lighting and the trees with the candlelight on the tables made for the most romantic and stunning event we could have ever dreamed of! Not to mention, since we do not live in Austin, we leaned on Juliana a lot for advice on vendors and where to go and even where to have our after party! She was so professional and always responded so quickly and with genuine care. We are so lucky to have been able to work with her and the rest of our vendors to make the day absolutely perfect! The Allan House is everything we wanted in a venue - unpretentious, elegant and unique! I've never seen another venue quite like it. It's so charming and special and we couldn't imagine being married anywhere else. We give it the highest recommendation! You will not regret it! All of our love to Juliana and the Allan House staff for giving us the most wonderful canvas to build our fairytale!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Kathleen · Married on 07/19/2015

The reception at the Allan House was perfect. Just big enough to allow indoor and outdoor enjoyment the whole evening. It was hot, humid and it actually rained (after the meal service, thank goodness).
    Half of the wedding guests enjoyed dancing in the gentle rain (!) - the other half loved watching from inside -
    in the air conditioning.
    PERFECT. The charming old house was a treat in itself, and the lighting on the trees outside was magical.
    It is a one of a kind venue. Everyone in attendance absolutely loved it.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Meagan · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I chose the Allan House as our wedding venue for our ceremony and reception this past May. The original date we had been looking at was already booked (almost a year and a half out!) so we asked for their calendar. Juliana was my main point of contact for the wedding planning process. She kindly reminded me that SXSW was going on during one of the weekends I was looking at which I would not have thought about had she not said anything. We picked our date and signed the contract and from there on out, any time I had questions all I had to do was email Juliana. She was always extremely prompt in responding and was a great resource for recommendations and honest opinions. The main part of the venue is the outside patio which is uncovered (if not during the winter months), so I highly recommend having a rain tent plan which can be costly but well worth it. Our venue day of was beautiful and I could not be more thankful for the wonderful and courteous staff at the Allan House!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Chelsie · Married on 03/08/2015

We recently had our wedding at this venue in early March. I absolutely loved the location and the atmosphere the venue had to offer. However, I do have to warn about the cobblestone as the ground is uneven and very slippery. I had two guests fall at my wedding, including my 80 year old grandmother. Please inform guests of the uneven flooring. Because the venue is mostly outdoors, you will need to keep in mind the price for renting a tent. I found working with the tenting companies to be horribly unprofessional and they never responded back to inquiries about their products. Overall, the location and atmosphere of the venue is beautiful and I was very happy how our wedding day turned out.

Sent on 04/01/2015

katie · Married on 12/19/2014

We cannot Thank the Allan House enough for saving us! We planned our wedding in about 3 months because of a horrible misunderstanding with our previous venue, leaving us in a lurch. I was panicked and unsure of how to begin a new search for a wedding site and the Allan House made it so very easy! They invited us to an open house, which happened to be that evening, where we could see what the venue might look like, it was magical! The staff is more than just friendly, they make you feel like they are actually your friends and look out for your every need! They listen to your ideas and helped to make them happen! They offer a gorgeous clear heated tent during some of the winter months (our wedding was Dec. 18) so that you are still able to dance in the moonlights, and tables and chairs are included (which in this economy was a huge bonus)! The venue is absolutely beautiful with its classic elegance, yet they embrace the natural beauty of the property! My husband was born and raised in Nashville, TN and I was born in San Antonio, it was the perfect match for our styles! They added extra lighting in the tent and the twinkle lights on the trees made such a romantic setting. They know what they are doing, they help you know what to expect, they know how to help, and most importantly they know how to put you at ease during such a busy planning period!

Sent on 03/08/2010
  • User4195876 · 2+ years ago

We found this venue after going thru many outside facilities. It was perfect for the size of wedding that we had and it went perfectly with the bride and groom's personalities. The weather cooperated that evening so everyone had a great time. The staff from the beginning was great with not only educating us about the facilities, the appearance, the wedding and reception set up, and the overall operation, but also helped with the additional vendors since this was a destination wedding and the guests raved about the ones we chose. The day of the wedding went relatively smooth. My suggestion to anyone is the one hour setup time before the wedding can be tight if any vendor runs late so I would suggest to arrange an addition hour just in case. The lite arrangement and décor was perfect and we can't wait to see the pictures. The value for the price is excellent and I would surely recommend this venue to anyone when looking for an out door venue in Austin.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Julia · Married on 03/02/2014

Beautiful!!! Absolutely perfect wedding even though it was a blizzard the day we got married! The lighting outside was perfect and made for an absolutely gorgeous setting. This was definitely my dream wedding.

Sent on 03/04/2014

Abby · Married on 01/01/2014

We loved the Allan House. It was the perfect place for our wedding. I would highly recommend it! It is classy and beautiful and the staff is helpful to work with.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Anna · Married on 04/12/2013

We got married at the Allan House two weeks ago and it was a smashing success! Every guest at our wedding flew across the country to get here, so there was no way I was getting married anywhere but downtown - did not want people to have to 'commute' to our wedding.

Our communication with the Allan House was always very prompt, they always answered questions immediately, and were both upfront about their policies and gracious. I don't recall ever encountering a policy that I thought was problematic. They're very strict on the time of your rental, but I'm not sure that would be different anywhere else (esp downtown). Otherwise, you can use any vendors you want - which was extremely important to us.

Our wedding was on the patio with about 135 guests. I believe they can hold near 200, but I probably wouldn't host a party too much bigger than 135 - at least for my taste. I didn't want to use their typical hanging lanterns for our party and they were totally cool with us switching it up a bit. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking to get married in downtown Austin - it's intimate and beautiful and CLOSE!

Sent on 04/26/2013
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/05/2013

I had my ceremony and reception at the gorgeous Allan House in April and had such a pleasant experience throughout the whole process! The girls at The Allan House - Juliana and Alex - were both extremely helpful and so sweet to work with. I needed to change my original date and Juliana worked with me to reschedule and was so helpful throughout everything. She was such a joy to work with! I absolutely LOVED the venue. It was perfect for the wedding that I had envisioned -- elegant garden -- and many of my family and friends raved about how much they loved the venue. I wanted something different than just a hotel ballroom -- and I wanted a venue that was already pretty and didn't need a lot of additional decor. The Allan House was perfect! The lighting and chandeliers in the trees and the garden and home are gorgeous without adding anything! I loved having the ceremony and reception in the garden and using the house for cocktail/cutting cake... I almost felt like I was at my own home! I also loved the location of the venue ... all of our guests were from out of town so it was nice to be downtown but have the feel of being not downtown! If you're looking for an intimate, simple but elegant, and absolutely gorgeous venue I would highly recommend the Allan House. Working with everyone at the Allan House was a wonderful experience and I loved having my wedding there!!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Katie · Married on 03/23/2013

Beautiful venue! Juliana was very helpful and made sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Raquel · Married on 12/08/2012

The Allan House was the perfect backdrop to our wedding day! They were very easy to get a hold of and answer all of my questions!

Sent on 11/14/2013

K · Married on 10/21/2011

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Allan House this October (2011) and it was absolutely perfect. Natalie and the entire staff was extremely helpful from beginning preparation to the wedding completion. Our guests were blown away by the elegance and comfort that they felt while enjoying a wedding, in the city. If you live in Austin, or plan to wed in Austin, then the Allan House is one of the best and a must see. Thanks again for everything - it was a perfect weekend!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2011

I highly recommend having an event at The Allan House. The trees and lighting outside are so beautiful alone, that extra flowers and decorations are not needed. The work staff is very professional and knowledgeable. I am so glad that we had our wedding here.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Cortnee · Married on 05/22/2011

The moment we saw The Allan House we just knew it was right. Working with Whitney and then Natalie were both delightful. The transition between the two was seamless and we couldn't have been happier with the responsiveness and communication. They were so helpful and accommodating with everything. I don't think much can beat having your wedding at such a gorgeous setting, yet still in downtown Austin. Everyone was in awe. It was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Julie · Married on 10/15/2010

the Allan House was wonderful. It fit perfectly with the romantic vintage them I wanted for my wedding, and Whitney and the staff at the Allan House were so accommodating and helpful all throughout the wedding planning process. They went above and beyond with advice and helpful tips and vendor suggestions. Plus, the historical home is a beautiful oasis right here in the heart of Downtown Austin, so your guests can easily get back to their hotels are carry the party to 6th street!

Sent on 12/17/2010

Kate · Married on 10/02/2010

Gorgeous venue, perfect for the garden party vibe we were going through. Whitney and her crew could not have been more professional, helpful and kind. I had lots of compliments on the space and everything just worked perfectly. They have a nice bridal suite and good space for presents, cake, bars, catering, dancing... very intimate and beautiful space.

Sent on 10/05/2010