The 1812 Farm Reviews

The 1812 Farm View more information

• Emily
    Emily Married on 06/20/2021

Perfect Wedding Venue

I cannot say enough about how amazing Cynthia and her team at The 1812 Farm are. From the day we first reached out to them, they have been so helpful in planning our wedding day. We were supposed to have our wedding in June 2020 and when everything with COVID happened, Cynthia was so understanding and helpful in re-booking our wedding celebration for 2021. Any time we had a question, Cynthia was always very quick to respond. When the day got closer, I was so impressed with how prepared everyone was. This is a venue where the event/catering team knows their business and it shows. Their knowledge and preparation made for such a fun, relaxing day for the wedding party, especially for the bride and groom. They took care of everything. The Bristol Suite is the perfect get-ready location. You have space to spread out and relax while getting ready.

Something that also impressed us about The 1812 Farm from the beginning was how much was included with the price of the venue. Tables, chairs, table cloths, flatware, glassware, chairs for the ceremony and cake cutting were all part of the package. Not only did it help save money, but we didn't have to worry about coordinating rental drop off and pick up because everything was already there.

The 1812 Farm works exclusively with Stone Cove Catering and their food is amazing! I had so many guests tell me that that was the best food they ever had at a wedding.

I would recommend The 1812 Farm and its team to anyone looking to get married in the southern/midcoast Maine area.
  • Futuremrsconroy
    Kristin H. Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful Venue

We are having our wedding here on November 16, 2019. The venue is gorgeous and definitely worth every penny. Leslie has been very helpful with planning and has assisted me every step of the way so far. I cannot wait to have our dream wedding at the beautiful farm/barn!

Update: Our wedding was yesterday and could not have been more perfect!! This venue is a dream and the staff was amazing and truly treated us like family. They made sure everything went smoothly and that all our guests were cared for and had a blast!
  • Sarah
    Sarah F. Married on 08/10/2019

You must book the 1812 farm!

The 1812 Farm was the best decisions we made when we decided to get married. If I could give Sarah Maurer and her team 10 stars I would. First, the food is amazing. We had 160 guests and food was hot, delicious, they even grew some of the vegetables for our wedding at a local farm. We went with open bar and the adorable vintage bar cart was the perfect touch plus our guests loved the Maine Mule they curated for us. My family was so impressed with the service, attention to detail. The facility is 5 stars. Everything we wanted Sarah made happen. I can't recommend them enough. Worth every dime. My mom loved that every time she put her glass of wine down one of the amazing 1812 staff would deliver her a fresh one. Definitely book The 1812 Farm, you will not regret it. Sarah Fraser

The 1812 Farm's reply:

Sarah and Dan - thank you! A amazing day! The staff loved working with you, your family and friends. And the donut wall was a huge success (Dan can go into the Donut wall building biz).
    Kim G. Married on 07/27/2019

**DREAM COME TRUE** laid back yet detail oriented support in a beautiful setting

Cynthia and the team at 1812 Farm helped us create the most beautiful wedding day that many of our guests claimed was 'the best wedding they'd ever been to'. With a venue and team like 1812 Farm, we aren't surprised. The venue is an 'all-in-one' dream come true. The crew truly works as a team. The grounds were impeccably landscaped. The food was unforgettably delicious (fresh Oysters from an Airstream named 'Sadie'!?). And the bridal suite offered a relaxing escape for the bridal party to primp and relax before the ceremony. Throughout the planning process, our day-of-coordinator, Cynthia, was proactive and accommodating. We opted to have our ceremony at the Pemaquid Point lighthouse and Cynthia was able to connect us to a few local resources to make that happen. We are so grateful for 1812's support and guidance during the hectic planning process and all throughout the activity of the wedding day. With any wedding, stories surface after the day is over and one of our favorites is that unbeknownst to us, Cynthia had arranged a golf cart to transport the bride's 80+ year old grandpa from cocktail hour on the lawn to the reception in the barn. This type of care and consideration is just a small example of the level of support and attention to detail this team provides their couples. Highly recommended.
  • Michael
    Michael G. Married on 07/20/2019

The Perfect Wedding Venue!

We held our wedding at the 1812 Farm in July, and could not have been happier with the experience. From our initial meeting, through the entire planning process and finally the big day, everything went just as we had envisioned. Leslie and Cynthia were incredibly professional, responsive, and attentive. The venue is beautiful (and air conditioned, which was key for our wedding as it was 100 degrees) and the food was amazing. All of our guests had an amazing time and many said it was the best wedding they had been to thanks to the job Cynthia and her staff did. We highly recommend this venue!
    Kristine Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Experience

We couldn’t have gotten married at a more beautiful place. The bridal suite, barn, ceremony lawn and gardens are all picturesque—I felt so special having our big day there and sometimes wanted to pinch myself. The staff is more accommodating and welcoming than I could probably ever explain. Everyone who attended the wedding was blown away by how great the venue was—I’m just so thankful we got married here. It was perfect.
  • I
    Ixtla Married on 07/28/2018
    The 1812 Farm was the perfect location for our wedding! Sarah was amazing, answering all my questions throughout the planning process and Cynthia, our day of coordinator, ensured everything went off without a hitch. The staff was phenomenal, ensuring we thought about nothing by having fun with our friends and family on our big day. We couldn't have asked for a better day and the team at the 1812 Farm made it happen!
    Shannyn Married on 06/09/2018
    We had our wedding at the 1812 Farm and it was perfect for us! I planned the wedding on my own and the staff here helped me a lot with the planning and with my stress level! Any worry you could have they have an answer and a plan to keep your worries away! The lawn and barn are so beautiful! You don’t need much for decorations inside. You don’t have to worry about setting up or cleaning they do everything for you. I wouldn’t have had my wedding any where else!
    Cari Married on 06/01/2018
    I could not say enough about the 1812 Farm! Such a beautiful venue with amazing people. My husband and I cannot thank Leslie and her team enough for everything! They really listened to what we were looking for and were happy to help in any way they could. From countless emails back and forth to multiple venue visits, our tasting, and our big day we were so grateful for how kind, understanding, and helpful Leslie and her team were. They really wanted our wedding to be as special as we did. Thank you!!
  • Katherine
    Katherine Married on 09/16/2017
    I am so happy we found Sarah, and The 1812 Farm. Our wedding was breathtaking and even better than I could have imagined. Sarah was brilliant and constantly thought of things to plan for without it ever being on my mind. She covered everything. If anything went wrong on our wedding day, I wouldn’t know. And her staff was perfect. They treated my guests AMAZING. I had a friend tell a server who was passing hor’dourves “oh it’s ok I can’t eat gluten don’t worry about heading this way!” And instead of ignoring her she went and made a huge plate of gluten free options so she could enjoy cocktail hour too.
    The venue itself is just perfect. Where we got ready was amazing, I couldn’t have imagined a better place!
    Caitlin Married on 09/24/2016
    The 1812 Farm was a great choice for our wedding. It was the first venue I looked at and had to book it that day. The venue is beautiful and you can really see the care that goes into maintaining it and making it a beautiful spot on the midcoast to get married. It is a nice balance of rustic charm with elegance and modern ammenities that help to make it an ideal venue. Our wedding was at the end of September and the lawn for the ceremony was still beautiful with fully blooming flower gardens. The bridal suite was an execlent place for us to get ready all day before the event and it was convenient for hair/makeup artists to us as well. The staff was very coordinated and made the entire day run very smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a midcoast maine wedding!
    Aimee Married on 09/26/2015
    Being a destination wedding, we were looking for a venue for our reception that would provide the same beauty and elegance as where we were saying our vows. From the first communication to Sarah and her team, to our last when we picked up all of our reception left overs, the experience was amazing.

I am a self described control freak that has to have everything in proper order. Not being local to the site to oversee things was a bit concerning (ok, for a bride, extremely concerning). Sarah continually put my fears at bay, and the reception was more than we could have ever imagined. I had all of my flowers, decorations, candles and all that goes into the decorating and set up for a reception sent directly to the farm. With little direction, Sarah and her team blew our minds when we saw the set up (which I did not see until we arrived for the reception)!! We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the room was.

Food was the most important element for me in making sure our guests had a great time. I wanted everyone to walk away with great memories of a good time, but more important that they raved about the food. Hereto, Sarah and her team beat expectations (and that is very hard to do with me). The food selection and offerings were amazing, the service was fantastic and the guests are still raving about the food seven months later.

Not to be missed is the venue itself. The farm is what I call a sophisticated rustic, beautiful and elegant. The grounds outside are gorgeous and the overall charm makes everyone feel invited. Sarah's staff made the groom and I feel feel like VIPs the entire evening. There was nothing they would not do to make sure we were comfortable and relaxed.

Sarah and her team took any and all stress I had about our reception and celebration completely away. I would call her and her team experts at what they do, while still making it very personal, special, and one of a kind.
  • User2581646 2+ years ago
    We chose the 1812 Farm because of its beautiful architecture and lawns, and had the most incredible wedding! The service was perfect, and the owner acted as a full wedding planner; taking care of every detail and concern. She and her staff were a true pleasure to work with, and our golden outdoor wedding and lobster bake could not have been more picturesque or perfect. The catering staff was on-point and several of our guests told us it was the best wedding they'd ever attended (one said it was the best night of his life haha). It was certainly the most memorable night of our lives. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough.
    Marypat Married on 09/13/2014
    The 1812 Farm was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding! The setting was incredible, a wonderful venue to entertain guests. Many of the guests were from out of town and were completely impressed with the beauty of the 1812 Farm.

The dinner was absolutely delicious!

The staff at the 1812 Farm are completely professional while so supportive you feel like they re your best friends! Once we were at the Farm for the reception I had no worries as they take care of everything for you.

They have a wonderful bridal suite for the bride and her attendants to prepare and dress for the ceremony. Every single need of our family was met with a friendly smile!

The 1812 farm is the perfect venue for a wedding in beautiful Maine!
    Heather Married on 07/05/2014
    Sarah and her staff at the 1812 Farm were amazingly talented, professional, friendly, and incredibly helpful. This was a destination wedding for us, and Sarah was always ready and willing to take care of all planning needs over the phone or email.
    The venue is beautiful and the grounds were perfect for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. We had our dinner inside in the restored barn and it was beautiful and comfortable. The food was exceptional and reasonably priced considering the high quality of food and service.
    We loved our experience with the 1812 Farm so much that we are considering going back for a 5 year reunion with our family and friends who came to the wedding!
    Katie Married on 09/25/2010
    Sarah and the staff at the 1812 Farm were fantastic. Our day went off without a hitch! I was leaving the farm for the ceremony and the cake hadn't yet arrived for the ceremony. Sarah looked right at me and said "if I'm not worried, you have no reason to be." Professional, attentive, I could go on forever. I would recommend the farm to everyone!
    Christina Married on 09/20/2014
    We got married September 20th, 2014. We had our ceremony at St Patrick Church, and our cocktail hour and reception at 1812 Farm. They were phenomenal! When we first contacted them, we were living in New Zealand, where my husband is from. My family lives in New Jersey. About six months before the wedding we moved to Calgary, Canada. So all of our planning was from afar.

Sarah was amazing, and always very responsive by email. She was also very helpful in recommending local vendors, and took the extra step for added details (like getting New Zealand wine). The venue is stunning. They have the barn area for the reception, a deck and the gardens if the weather is nice, plus an area above the garages where you can get ready. We unfortunately were not able to get someone to do hair/makeup there (all those who travel were booked in January when we started looking at hair/makeup, so if that's something you want book it as early as you can). They have salon chairs and mirrors set up in one room, and there are two rooms where you and the bridesmaids can get ready. We used it as an area to decompress a bit post-ceremony, post-pictures before heading into the reception. Lesley, our day-of coordinator, was great and also arranged for us to have some drinks and a sample of the appetizers during this time. She kept everything moving on the day, and we didn't have to worry about anything, which is good: the day goes in such a blur you don't want to spend your time dealing with issues or details.

Everything about our reception ran smoothly, and everyone has been very complimentary about the venue and food (provided by Stone Cove Catering, also owned by Sarah). I'm Celiac, we had a few vegetarians, and one of my bridesmaids has a number of allergies and no one had any issues. I highly recommend as a venue if you are planning to get married or have an event in the area.
    Sarah Married on 05/28/2016
    We recently held our wedding at The 1812 Farm. Sarah was our day of coordinator. She was very knowledgable and her experience was invaluable. She was up front about how things would or wouldn't work and we really appreciated her honesty. Thanks to her everything flowed smoothly throughout the day. The food was great and we received many compliments. The staff was professional and fun at the same time. The venue itself is beautiful and perfectly simple. The 1812 Farm is a great venue for a small and intimate affair.