The 1812 Farm Reviews

12 Reviews for The 1812 Farm

12 The 1812 Farm Reviews
  • I

Ixtla · Married on 07/28/2018

The 1812 Farm was the perfect location for our wedding! Sarah was amazing, answering all my questions throughout the planning process and Cynthia, our day of coordinator, ensured everything went off without a hitch. The staff was phenomenal, ensuring we thought about nothing by having fun with our friends and family on our big day. We couldn't have asked for a better day and the team at the 1812 Farm made it happen!

The 1812 Farm 1
    The 1812 Farm 2
    The 1812 Farm 3
    The 1812 Farm 4
    The 1812 Farm 5

Shannyn · Married on 06/09/2018

We had our wedding at the 1812 Farm and it was perfect for us! I planned the wedding on my own and the staff here helped me a lot with the planning and with my stress level! Any worry you could have they have an answer and a plan to keep your worries away! The lawn and barn are so beautiful! You don’t need much for decorations inside. You don’t have to worry about setting up or cleaning they do everything for you. I wouldn’t have had my wedding any where else!

The 1812 Farm 6
    The 1812 Farm 7
    The 1812 Farm 8

Cari · Married on 06/01/2018

I could not say enough about the 1812 Farm! Such a beautiful venue with amazing people. My husband and I cannot thank Leslie and her team enough for everything! They really listened to what we were looking for and were happy to help in any way they could. From countless emails back and forth to multiple venue visits, our tasting, and our big day we were so grateful for how kind, understanding, and helpful Leslie and her team were. They really wanted our wedding to be as special as we did. Thank you!!

The 1812 Farm 9
    The 1812 Farm 10

Caitlin · Married on 09/24/2016

The 1812 Farm was a great choice for our wedding. It was the first venue I looked at and had to book it that day. The venue is beautiful and you can really see the care that goes into maintaining it and making it a beautiful spot on the midcoast to get married. It is a nice balance of rustic charm with elegance and modern ammenities that help to make it an ideal venue. Our wedding was at the end of September and the lawn for the ceremony was still beautiful with fully blooming flower gardens. The bridal suite was an execlent place for us to get ready all day before the event and it was convenient for hair/makeup artists to us as well. The staff was very coordinated and made the entire day run very smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a midcoast maine wedding!

Aimee · Married on 09/26/2015

Being a destination wedding, we were looking for a venue for our reception that would provide the same beauty and elegance as where we were saying our vows. From the first communication to Sarah and her team, to our last when we picked up all of our reception left overs, the experience was amazing.

I am a self described control freak that has to have everything in proper order. Not being local to the site to oversee things was a bit concerning (ok, for a bride, extremely concerning). Sarah continually put my fears at bay, and the reception was more than we could have ever imagined. I had all of my flowers, decorations, candles and all that goes into the decorating and set up for a reception sent directly to the farm. With little direction, Sarah and her team blew our minds when we saw the set up (which I did not see until we arrived for the reception)!! We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the room was.

Food was the most important element for me in making sure our guests had a great time. I wanted everyone to walk away with great memories of a good time, but more important that they raved about the food. Hereto, Sarah and her team beat expectations (and that is very hard to do with me). The food selection and offerings were amazing, the service was fantastic and the guests are still raving about the food seven months later.

Not to be missed is the venue itself. The farm is what I call a sophisticated rustic, beautiful and elegant. The grounds outside are gorgeous and the overall charm makes everyone feel invited. Sarah's staff made the groom and I feel feel like VIPs the entire evening. There was nothing they would not do to make sure we were comfortable and relaxed.

Sarah and her team took any and all stress I had about our reception and celebration completely away. I would call her and her team experts at what they do, while still making it very personal, special, and one of a kind.

We chose the 1812 Farm because of its beautiful architecture and lawns, and had the most incredible wedding! The service was perfect, and the owner acted as a full wedding planner; taking care of every detail and concern. She and her staff were a true pleasure to work with, and our golden outdoor wedding and lobster bake could not have been more picturesque or perfect. The catering staff was on-point and several of our guests told us it was the best wedding they'd ever attended (one said it was the best night of his life haha). It was certainly the most memorable night of our lives. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough.

Marypat · Married on 09/13/2014

The 1812 Farm was the perfect place for my daughter's wedding! The setting was incredible, a wonderful venue to entertain guests. Many of the guests were from out of town and were completely impressed with the beauty of the 1812 Farm.

The dinner was absolutely delicious!

The staff at the 1812 Farm are completely professional while so supportive you feel like they re your best friends! Once we were at the Farm for the reception I had no worries as they take care of everything for you.

They have a wonderful bridal suite for the bride and her attendants to prepare and dress for the ceremony. Every single need of our family was met with a friendly smile!

The 1812 farm is the perfect venue for a wedding in beautiful Maine!

Heather · Married on 07/05/2014

Sarah and her staff at the 1812 Farm were amazingly talented, professional, friendly, and incredibly helpful. This was a destination wedding for us, and Sarah was always ready and willing to take care of all planning needs over the phone or email.
    The venue is beautiful and the grounds were perfect for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. We had our dinner inside in the restored barn and it was beautiful and comfortable. The food was exceptional and reasonably priced considering the high quality of food and service.
    We loved our experience with the 1812 Farm so much that we are considering going back for a 5 year reunion with our family and friends who came to the wedding!

Katie · Married on 09/25/2010

Sarah and the staff at the 1812 Farm were fantastic. Our day went off without a hitch! I was leaving the farm for the ceremony and the cake hadn't yet arrived for the ceremony. Sarah looked right at me and said "if I'm not worried, you have no reason to be." Professional, attentive, I could go on forever. I would recommend the farm to everyone!

Christina · Married on 09/20/2014

We got married September 20th, 2014. We had our ceremony at St Patrick Church, and our cocktail hour and reception at 1812 Farm. They were phenomenal! When we first contacted them, we were living in New Zealand, where my husband is from. My family lives in New Jersey. About six months before the wedding we moved to Calgary, Canada. So all of our planning was from afar.

Sarah was amazing, and always very responsive by email. She was also very helpful in recommending local vendors, and took the extra step for added details (like getting New Zealand wine). The venue is stunning. They have the barn area for the reception, a deck and the gardens if the weather is nice, plus an area above the garages where you can get ready. We unfortunately were not able to get someone to do hair/makeup there (all those who travel were booked in January when we started looking at hair/makeup, so if that's something you want book it as early as you can). They have salon chairs and mirrors set up in one room, and there are two rooms where you and the bridesmaids can get ready. We used it as an area to decompress a bit post-ceremony, post-pictures before heading into the reception. Lesley, our day-of coordinator, was great and also arranged for us to have some drinks and a sample of the appetizers during this time. She kept everything moving on the day, and we didn't have to worry about anything, which is good: the day goes in such a blur you don't want to spend your time dealing with issues or details.

Everything about our reception ran smoothly, and everyone has been very complimentary about the venue and food (provided by Stone Cove Catering, also owned by Sarah). I'm Celiac, we had a few vegetarians, and one of my bridesmaids has a number of allergies and no one had any issues. I highly recommend as a venue if you are planning to get married or have an event in the area.

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2016

We recently held our wedding at The 1812 Farm. Sarah was our day of coordinator. She was very knowledgable and her experience was invaluable. She was up front about how things would or wouldn't work and we really appreciated her honesty. Thanks to her everything flowed smoothly throughout the day. The food was great and we received many compliments. The staff was professional and fun at the same time. The venue itself is beautiful and perfectly simple. The 1812 Farm is a great venue for a small and intimate affair.