That's the Cake Bakery Reviews

That's the Cake Bakery 4
That's the Cake Bakery 5

Marvin Berry · Married on 01/16/2019

Cupcake Surprise :)

I was down visiting from San Francisco and came upon this bakery looking for some cupcakes. WOW, all I have to say. I was super surprised because I thought I was going to get a simple basic cupcake to eat and I left with a gourmet masterpiece of wonder :) I love this place and the staff was helpful and fantastic. I will be telling my friend about it and if they are in the neighborhood, don't miss the opportunity of some real Texas baked goods.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Sheeja · Married on 12/16/2017

Nancy made us such a beautiful cake! She worked to really make it a replica of what we wanted for our wedding theme, and she added her own creativity to make it better than anything we could have imagined! We got so many compliments from our guests and we were so pleased with how it turned out!

Sent on 01/10/2018
    That's the Cake Bakery 6

Mandy · Married on 12/03/2016

Everyone loved the cake, plenty to go around and the best part the cake was moist and not dry ??

Sent on 12/06/2016

That's the Cake Bakery's reply:

Hello Mandy, Happy Holidays! We were honored to apart of you guy's special day! We are always happy to hear that the cake was tasty and full of flavor! Have a Happy New and best wishes! <3 See you guys again soon! -Monte

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

We LOVE That's the Cake! We had tasted their cake at a friends' wedding and it was by far the best wedding cake I'd ever had! Chocolate chip with buttercream frosting - yum! We knew before we were engaged that we would book them. They did not disappoint! Nancy transformed a square cake into the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington for the groom and created a classic white cake for the bride. So beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 07/06/2016

That's the Cake Bakery's reply:

Hello Ashley, Happy Holidays!

We were honored to apart of you guy's special day! The TX Rangers Ballpark is now featured in our cake galleries! See you guys again soon!

-Monte
  • MoSunshine

Monica · Married on 03/13/2016

Great experience!

I called one Saturday morning to request a tasting and I was able to get in the same day! My two sample cupcakes were hot and fresh out of the oven and tasted AMAZING!

Monte Berry was SO helpful, he explained everything in detail and made the process so stress free. We were so happy and confident that we just paid for our cake in full. I can't wait to see my cake on our actually wedding day! I already know it is going to taste amazing!

Sent on 09/21/2015

That's the Cake Bakery's reply:

Hey Monica! Thank you for the positive review regarding your wedding cake! I can't wait to put your Wedding Cake together in March! The bling is going to be sooooo cool!!!! Your positive remarks help us achieve success within the bakery! Happy Monday! :)

Keep Life Sweet,
    Monte B

That's the cake bakery created my wedding cake and grooms cake. From the moment we met with Nancy (the owner), my husband and I knew we had found our vendor! Nancy definitely has a passion for what she does and she was very excited to help us create the cakes of our dreams. The wedding cake was half classic decorations and half Mario theme with a few other nerdy touches, she did an amazing job to incorporate everything I had described. It was also gluten free, and I got tons of compliments such as it being the best wedding cake they had ever tasted, most guests were shocked to find out it was gluten free! Definitely recommend that's the cake bakery to every bride! :)

Sent on 10/25/2015

That's the Cake Bakery's reply:

Hi! Thank you for the positive feedback and sincere review. We appreciate your business and so happy that everyone enjoyed the Gluten Free! The design of the cake was one-of-a-kind and simply beautiful! We look forward to working with you on future events! Keep Life Sweet, Monte

Lynda · Married on 04/18/2015

My original cake baker went out of business 3 days before my wedding. It was a wedding nightmare! I called That's The Cake bakery that day and they immediately agreed to meet with me to design my wedding cake. Nancy and her grandson were both very professional and helpful. They pulled through for me and recreated my dream wedding cake in the span of 72 hours. I couldn't be more happier with their services. They come highly recommended in the DFW area.

Sent on 04/26/2015

That's the Cake Bakery's reply:

Lynda, We were pleased and honored to have been able to do your dream wedding cake! Thank you so much for the review, we look forward to working with you on future events!

All the best,
    Monte B & Staff

Karri · Married on 01/10/2015

This bakery has the best tasting gluten free cake, which she custom made for the top layer. We choose the almond flavor for the other three layers and it was delicious too! Very moist, and it looked beautiful as well. We gave some unusual requests in design and she delivered beautifully. She is reasonable and dependable!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Hi Karri,

Thank you for the feedback (sorry we missed this until now!) See you again soon at our bakery. Keep Life Sweet, Monte

Anita · Married on 07/26/2014

I have Celiac Disease and I am incredibly sensitive to all gluten. We decided to have our whole wedding gluten free. After doing a search for gluten free wedding cakes on Wedding Wire, I decided to try That's the Cake Bakery in Arlington. My fiance (and now hubby!) went for a gluten free cake tasting, took our first bites, and both freaked out because we thought she accidentally forgot to make it GF, because it tasted SO GOOD! We literally booked on the spot. Obviously, gluten free is a little more expensive, but she was very reasonable with the price. We decided to do a fake cake with just the top layer being real, and then have sheet cakes for cake people will actual be eating. At the end of the day, my wedding cake ended up being less expensive than my other friends who got wedding cakes that aren't allergic to gluten.

I had like 3 people come up to me and tell me the cake was amazing within minutes of eating the cake. I gave like 5 people the name of this bakery. I highly recommend it! Nancy is so sweet and loves what she does. I would gladly recommend this bakery to anybody for any occasion.

Sent on 07/28/2014

CASSIDY · Married on 07/05/2014

Nancy was wonderful and capture both my cake and my husband's cake just the way we pictured...she is reasonably pricedar and does a fabulous job!! I will go to her for any cake I Nets in the future...my husband has already requested for me to have her make his birthday cake!!!!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Great prices! Wonderful lady, very helpful! Beautiful cakes, and they tasted wonderful! Must get your cake here!!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Crystal · Married on 02/23/2013

Carissa and Nancy were wonderful! Carissa helped me design the perfect cake to go with our "ski couple" wedding topper!
    The cake itself was absolutely AMAZING! I was so sad when it was gone because it was SOOOO good. Literally i was eating it for breakfast the next morning. They will be making us an anniversary cake so we dont have to eat old frozen cake.. we can't wait for that day to come. Even out guests that dont typically like cake could not believe have moist and yummy it was!! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Misty · Married on 04/15/2012

Nancy was so accommodating. She did my Brothers Grooms cake. Due to my far away location I blindly trusted Nancy would not let me down. I was so right! I let her design the cake. It matched the wedding theme perfectly! The cake was so delicious! It was moist, fluffy, melt in your mouth yum! I for sure use her bakery again! Awesome service and quality! Being on time, what more can a girl ask for? I recommend That's the Cake Bakery to everyone!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Jane · Married on 07/24/2010

Nancy Jo is very creative, and was willing to work with us and our florist to provide the most beautiful cake. Her prices are excellent and the cake was exquisite - several guests commented the cake table was exceptional. Her cake is made from fresh ingredients (real butter!) and is the best wedding cake I have tasted - moist and delicious. The kahlua cake is out of this world! Nancy Jo went out of her way to provide exactly what we wanted and we will most definitely ask her to make the cake for my other daughter's wedding!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Lydia · Married on 07/24/2010

Nancy at That's the Cake was wonderful! She was very flexible and was very attentive to details. She is determined to meet a bride's expectations and did an awesome job for us. Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted great. Our wedding guests to this day are still talking about it. Thanks That's the Cake for helping make our wedding day dreams come true.

Sent on 08/23/2010

Barbara · Married on 06/12/2010

Our wedding cake was exactly what I had planned. Beautiful and delicious. Nancy was very helpful and patient with me. Choosing the flavor was the hardest part, since we had so many good choices to choose from. All my guests loved the cake!

Thank you, Nancy for making our special day more sweet :)
    We will be back for b-day cakes for sure.
    Barbara and Arthur.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Brandy · Married on 04/17/2010

Nancy was wonderful and her cake was just the same. We had our ceramony 4 days ago and people are STILL talking about how good it was. She was super nice and always accomidating. Thanks so much Nancy for all you did! I will with out a doubt be singing your praises for years to come and suggesting you to everyone.

Sent on 04/21/2010

Katie · Married on 11/07/2009

Beautiful cake and fabulous price!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2009

c · Married on 09/19/2009

Nancy,
    I wanted to let you know how beautiful and delicious the cakes were! My daughter and son-in-law LOVED both of them. We were all amazed at the groom's cake. The gold emblem was perfectly done. The wedding cake was just like my daughter imagined. Your cakes exceeded all our expectations. We had a wonderful evening in every way. Your cakes made it extra special!

Blessings, Cindy

Sent on 09/25/2009

jennifer · Married on 09/16/2009

We ordered the 2 heart cakes for our wedding reception...one German Chocolate and one white cake. These were some of the best cakes I've had. Even my family liked the German Chocolate...and they're hard to please! They were so pretty and moist. And the pricing was reasonable. That's the Cake Bakery will be at the top of my list for any future cake needs!!!

Sent on 09/24/2009

Constance · Married on 09/13/2009

Nancy your cakes are awesome!!!!!!I had always wanted a waterfall cake but was no able to find someone to bring my dream to reality. When I meet Nancy and she understood my vision it was like a load lifted of my shoulders. Nancy did an amazing job. The cake was so fresh and delicious. Her cake flavors are incredible. She delivered and set up the wedding cake on time. The cake was more than I had ever imagined. Thank you so much for making my wedding day special!!!

Sent on 11/05/2009

Carisa · Married on 07/18/2009

This vendor was absolutely amazing. From the moment I contacted her I got personlaized attention, that I wanted during my months of wedding planning. The cake she delivered and set up for us was not only gorgeous and exactly what I envisioned, but was SO delicious! I would highly recommend her services to anyone, especially if you are on a budget or need something in a hurry. She does wedding, grooms, wedding and baby shower, birthday and all other special event cakes and cupcakes. She is a very special, talented lady!

Sent on 07/27/2009

Lori · Married on 03/14/2009

From the moment I spoke with Nancy Jo her passion and dedication were above and beyond any other. She wasn't just doing business she was committed to a memorable experience. She promissed a beautiful cake and she delivered!!! She made a special trip to the florist and used the same fresh flowers that were used in my bouquet. The grooms cake had hand dipped strawberrys that resembled tuxedos and grapes that covered the top. Simply amazing. But most importantly the cakes themselvers were the freshest best tasting cakes I have ever had. Thanks Nancy Jo for making my special day a memorable one!!!

Sent on 08/03/2009

Shirley · event on: 07/26/2014

I have been purchasing cakes from Thats the Cake Bakery every since she moved to Arlington...the cakes are always fresh and so pretty. We (work) are constantly ordering different flavors for the staffs birthdays and nothing has been bad. My personal favorite is the Hummingbird ... however, the German Chocolate is also great!...then there is the Chocolate Chocolate Chip... I could go on and on...however

The last purchase I made was for my goddaughters Bridal Shower...it was the hit of the shower...the design was beautiful and the cake (strawberry) was moist and everyone raved about the flavor. Another home run!

Will continue to use Thats the Cake Bakery for all my events.... Thank you so much for always making everything perfect and with all the planning that goes into the parties, showers, etc. I know I do not have to STRESS about the cake!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Shirley,
    This is music to our ears and just what we love to hear from all of our customers. It was truly a pleasure working with you and we are so pleased to hear that it was exactly what you wanted. Thank you for taking the time to give such a wonderful review and we look forward to working with you in the future.
    Have a wonderful day!
    TTC Management

Victoria · event on: 09/25/2014

This is the first time I have ever had a custom cake made until my fiances 30th birthday. I asked for a 2 tier custom cake with fondant and special images. They did an AMAZING job. I couldn't have asked for a more spectacular cake. Not only that but they listened to what I wanted and and were mindful of my requests. I will be recommending That's the Cake to anyone and everyone I know who needs a custom cake. I also plan on using them for my wedding cake/cupcakes. They rock!!!

Sent on 10/23/2014

That's the Cake Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.