Texas Star Golf Course and Conference Center Reviews

18 Reviews for Texas Star Golf Course and Conference Center

• W

Whitney Mudry · Married on 11/16/2019

Great value

Staying close to the church for our reception narrowed the area we could have a reception. After we visited Texas Star I knew we would not find a better value but my fiancé insisted we stop visit some hotels. The difference in cost was outrageous! You will truly not find a better value. The entire process was easy and it is a great space. We served chicken fried steak and everyone loved it! We were also able to have an open bar which was important to us. The space itself looked amazing for the reception. You can really dress it up a lot or it’s perfect on its own with centerpieces and a few accents added. They have a huge selection of vases etc to choose from as well.
    There are a lot of food options as well. The cost of cheese/crackers for cocktail hour was literally a fraction of the cost others quoted us. I will recommend Texas Star to brides from here on out!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Suzanne · Married on 08/14/2016

This venue is GORGEOUS and very affordable compared to the many other places we researched!! We have not had our wedding/reception yet, but based on what we have seen and the interaction we have had with Morgan, the Conference Center Manager, we are very happy we found this place!!

Sent on 08/06/2015
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2014

Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect thanks to the Texas Star and their staff. Everything ran smooth and my husband and I along with our guests enjoyed the entire evening. We loved the space that accommodated our guests and how well the dinner and drinks were organized. It was a great value for everything we got and for how long we had the venue. I would highly recommend using Texas Star. Magen was a great help and help make our day perfect!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Cheri · Married on 06/29/2013

Our wedding was perfect. The reception room was ready for us to start decorating when we arrived. Magen helped us with setting up the cake table - we still were not sure what we were going to do. We had plenty of room for dressing and gathering before the wedding. The ceremony was on the patio - the golf course behind us made a beautiful backdrop. Our guests all enjoyed the meal and the staff was attentive to our needs. It was a very special day and Texas Star was a big part of it. Thank you very much....Cheri and Greg.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Rosanna · Married on 01/26/2013

Megan and the staff at Texas Star made this the perfect venue for our event. Absolutely wonderful!!!

Sent on 02/04/2013

courtney · Married on 08/04/2012

Texas Star was amazing. We couldn't be happier with our decision to get married there! Pat and Megan were very easy to work with, and had a lot of helpful information! For the price, Texas Star is one of the best venue deals on the market in the DFW area. The venue is beautiful, and the food and service was very good. If you are getting married, go by Texas Star and check it out. You won't be disappointed! Everything from the ceremony outside in the pavilion, to the reception indoors was excellent and smooth. It was a great place to celebrate a very important day! Thanks Texas Star!

- Alex & Courtney

Sent on 08/18/2012

delbra · Married on 07/14/2012

Pat with Texas Star thank you for making our special day awesome. Texas Star is a beautiful place for a wedding and the cost is affordable. Pat is so easy to work with and she is very professional and her staff is very helpful. Thanks to all the people that help set up our reception. The food was good and everybody food was hot

Sent on 09/05/2012

Lindsay · Married on 06/25/2011

I held my wedding reception at The Texas Star Conference Center. They were AMAZING to work with! Everything was perfect! They were so wonderful to work with. We rented the entire facility and had a full dinner with passed champagne and appetizers. The food was outstanding. It was all delicious and affordable. They were willing to go above and beyond to make my wedding reception go smoothly. They even shuttled my guests from the parking lot to the reception door! I would highly recommend Texas Star Conference Center!

Sent on 07/06/2011
  • W

Rachel · Married on 11/06/2010

The Texas Star is a wonderful place to have a wedding. All my guest raved about how beautiful a wedding I had. We used two of the rooms for the ceremony and and the other two for the reception. My guest so appreciated the fact that everything was in one venue. While the wedding party was taking pictures I had the guest start on dinner. OMG, I am still hearing rave reviews on how good the food was and how much there was. I was on a tight budget and could only afford the basic: pork, new potatoes,veggies and a salad. I would definately recommend the Texas Star to anyone in search of a venue. A true Texas gem in the mid-cities. I loved it.

Sent on 11/22/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2008

Having our wedding at Texas Star was the BEST decision we could have made! Sherrie and Pat were amazing! We will defnitately visit Texas Star again and renew our vows there one day! =)

Sent on 06/24/2008

jimmy · Married on 09/21/2007

Excellent service. The food was well prepared and there was plenty of it. Good job.

Sent on 07/29/2008

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2007

This place was a real diamond in the rough. Euless isn't the nicest town in the midcities, but this place turned out to be fabulous. The dining room windwos look over the golf course and your guests can walk outside to catch the beautiful view. This place is city owned so they don't depend on your dollar. The food was GREAT becuase they have a restaurant that is open everyday with a chef. It's perfect. The guests raved about the fajitas we had. We paid 2300 for the whole deal. Room, food, dance floor, service and bar. Pat knwe we wer eon a budget so she told us to get a keg instead of bottled beer. They served it behind the bar so no one knew it was a keg, it all looked so classy!
    Also, we had a pretty small cake and no cake stand. Pat turned over a cup drying rack, covered it with white linens and scrunched them up to look pretty. It made the cake seem bigger. No one ever knew.
    I love this place. I feel like we robbed them blind. What a perfect deal.

Sent on 10/18/2007

Kate · Married on 10/01/2005

Texas Star exceeded my expectations. I couldn't belive how beautiful they made our reception. It was breath taking!

Sent on 01/08/2008

Linda · Married on 08/11/2018

This was the perfect venue for our 50th anniversary celebration . Couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Pam · Married on 06/08/2013

Magen and her staff were such a pleasure to work with. The food, service, and staff were exceptional, and our guests had a great time. Texas Star was a great value.

Sent on 08/19/2013

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Texas Star Wedding venue is great! I have been working closely with the coordinators, and we are on our way to a beautiful wedding. The grounds are perfect for pictures and will accommodate any wedding size. The pricing of the venue is very inexpensive, however the food and alcohol cost is high. They are willing to work with a low budget, but still had to stretch mine a bit to make it work. I am very excited for my special day!

Sent on 05/29/2015

3.6
      3.0

The price and location were perfect for us, and the view of the course from the pavilion was beautiful and made for some great photos. The reasonable price includes all linens, setup, cleanup, and serving staff. It was a bit stressful, though, because we started planning the wedding with Pat in 2012, and she retired out of the blue around New Years, so we had a new lady to work with in 2013 (the wedding was May 2013). Because of this, there were quite a few miscommunications that didn't present themselves until the DAY OF the wedding. Some were easy to fix, like the fact that we DID indeed need a DJ table, and others were not quickly fixable - Pat told us they can supply simple centerpieces, but I was later informed that they only provide an empty vase. So... my tables were a little lackluster, haha. There were also a number of times I could not get ahold of anyone on the phone or through email, and it took several voicemails to get a call back.

But, overall, the "important" things worked out just fine: The price was reasonable, the photos turned out wonderfully, and everyone had a good time.

Sent on 08/19/2013